Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 144641 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:57 - Jan 12 with 4603 viewsMonkey_Roots

Liam Delap has gone to Preston on loan from Man Citeh until the end of the season.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:03 - Jan 12 with 4537 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:20 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

Charlton on the verge of signing Mac Bonne AND Todd Kane. hilarious

Toddy getting closer and closer to that £13m Sheff Utd move every day.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:09 - Jan 12 with 4479 viewsGloucs_R

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:03 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Toddy getting closer and closer to that £13m Sheff Utd move every day.

What went wrong at Coventry then? The last I read, admittedly a while ago, was that they loved him....

Poll: Are we staying up?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:10 - Jan 12 with 4472 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:09 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

What went wrong at Coventry then? The last I read, admittedly a while ago, was that they loved him....

Form levelled off to a more Todd Kane-appropriate level. Off field behaviour very Todd Kane indeed.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:16 - Jan 12 with 4408 viewsHayesender

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:09 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

Got caught out shagging a teammates missus allegedly

Poll: Shamima Beghum

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:17 - Jan 12 with 4401 viewsstanistheman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:29 - Jan 10 by NorthantsHoop

Like to get him, be an improvement on what we have got. Need to think about getting money from at least one from Chair, Willock and Dykes in this window. Time for the Critchley re-build to start, lost faith in the whole lot of our players, other than Field and Dieng at the moment.
No point being attached to any of this team as they are seriously letting us down. It is abysmal no home wins since Wigan and only 4 goals scored since that game, totally unacceptable in my view.

I agree.
We need to raise funds to let Critchley buy some players and selling Dykes or Willock should be considered.

QPR have been awful since Johansen limped off after 40 minutes against Wigan. 4 goals scored since then in 11 games is pathetic form.

The current formation isn’t working and hopefully Lowe will help improve performances and results, but more is needed. This includes another striker so that we have options off the bench other than Roberts or Armstrong ( who should now go out on loan imo).
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:41 - Jan 12 with 4276 viewsBklynRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:17 - Jan 12 by stanistheman

I agree.
We need to raise funds to let Critchley buy some players and selling Dykes or Willock should be considered.

QPR have been awful since Johansen limped off after 40 minutes against Wigan. 4 goals scored since then in 11 games is pathetic form.

The current formation isn’t working and hopefully Lowe will help improve performances and results, but more is needed. This includes another striker so that we have options off the bench other than Roberts or Armstrong ( who should now go out on loan imo).

But would we be better trying to hang on to them and selling in the summer? Give The Critch time to get a tune out of this lot and ideally sell Illy, Willy, whomever after a decent Spring?

Riddled with 'ifs' I know but I think we might get more over the longer term out of stabilising things and selling-buying in the summer than we would at this point.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:45 - Jan 12 with 4229 viewsMonkey_Roots

Who would be the ideal replacement - realistic, given FFP restraints etc — for Johannson?

I know we need him back asap, but with his age and injuries, we should be looking at who will be his long term successor. Andre, Amos are probably not going to be it, Thomas isn't... haven't seen enough of the lesser spotted Richards to judge fully.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:08 - Jan 12 with 4094 viewsMonkey_Roots

Joe Gelhardt available on loan apparently (Twitter).
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:17 - Jan 12 with 3992 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:08 - Jan 12 by Monkey_Roots

A quick check of his stats would explain why. Not one for us I wouldn't have thought.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 3805 viewsterryb

A lot of "sell Chair or Willock" to raise funds & I'm not disagreeing too much.

However, I can't think of one club that would make an enquiry about either of them, let alone make an offer that would come close to our valuation. I would place Dieng above both in the market for what other clubs want, but I can't think of an English club prepared to change 'keeper at this stage of the season.

Maybe Leicester might need a replacement IF Maddison was to leave (Chair or Willock), & they may also want competition for Ward.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:33 - Jan 12 with 3571 viewsNorthernr

Well worth pointing out that we're now at the maximum amount of loans you can pick on a matchday - 5. Anything over and you're leaving out one of Lowe, Richards, Roberts, Laird or Tim to accommodate the newby, which is the situation we ended up in after the Magilton/Harford/Hart disaster - always a sign that things are going really well.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:23 - Jan 12 with 3441 viewsaston_hoop

Swansea fending off bids of £2.5 million for Michael Obafemi from Burnley with 6 months left on his contract. They turned down £8 million in the summer. Its not just us

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:44 - Jan 12 with 3347 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:23 - Jan 12 by aston_hoop

Swansea fending off bids of £2.5 million for Michael Obafemi from Burnley with 6 months left on his contract. They turned down £8 million in the summer. Its not just us

That's just fcking daft.
He's been non-existent for them this season, manager often left him out altogether because he said his head has gone since the Burnley bid. So they could have had £8m, that's already down to £2.5m and soon down to nothing. I'd be bloody fuming if we'd done that.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:13 - Jan 12 with 3221 viewsDavieQPR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:33 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Well worth pointing out that we're now at the maximum amount of loans you can pick on a matchday - 5. Anything over and you're leaving out one of Lowe, Richards, Roberts, Laird or Tim to accommodate the newby, which is the situation we ended up in after the Magilton/Harford/Hart disaster - always a sign that things are going really well.

Needn't worry too much as there is always one or two out injured.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:23 - Jan 12 with 3174 viewsdaveB

looked quite good for them last season off the bench
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:56 - Jan 12 with 3078 viewsHAYESBOY

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:44 - Jan 12 by Northernr

That's just fcking daft.
He's been non-existent for them this season, manager often left him out altogether because he said his head has gone since the Burnley bid. So they could have had £8m, that's already down to £2.5m and soon down to nothing. I'd be bloody fuming if we'd done that.

Wait a minute.......................

Smells like a trout farm in here

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:05 - Jan 12 with 3037 viewsLoyalitat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:16 - Jan 12 by Hayesender

When speaking to Coventry fans after the game up there, that's what they said had happened.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 2778 viewsGloucs_R

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:16 - Jan 12 by Hayesender

Oh 😆

Poll: Are we staying up?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 2677 viewsjohnhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:23 - Jan 12 by daveB

looked quite good for them last season off the bench

Agree Dave, I thought he looked very good indeed and if there is any chance of getting him it is one I think we should pursue, as he could make a huge difference to our season.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 2650 viewsderbyhoop

Given how close we are to FFP, according to our esteemed editor, and we have 5 loanees, I can't see us bringing in anybody else.

I can see a few departures, though.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:10 - Jan 12 with 2546 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:51 - Jan 12 by derbyhoop

Given how close we are to FFP, according to our esteemed editor, and we have 5 loanees, I can't see us bringing in anybody else.

Which of our players might depart? I tend to agree with those who feel Willock and Chair won't go this winter and I don't thing Dieng will either.

As for our less than favoured players, I don't think any of our loans will go back to their home clubs, although I'd rather like it if Roberts returned to Leeds.

We're then left with the peripherals; Masterson, Hamalainen, Thomas, and Shodipo. For their own sakes, they would all do well to look to plying their trade in League 1 and should be allowed to leave if the opportunity arises. However, I suspect any or all of those leaving the club would do little to help QPR.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:11 - Jan 13 with 2126 viewsdmm

Apparently, we're interested in Matt Smith. No, not that one, or that one, but a young CM at Arsenal. Should we sign him, having three different players with the same name over a 7 year period must be some kind of wacky record?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:16 - Jan 13 with 2105 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:51 - Jan 12 by derbyhoop

Intrigued to see what we do from here. Make Richards perm early to free up another loan spot?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:45 - Jan 13 with 1927 viewsQPR_Jim

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:10 - Jan 12 by dmm

Which of our players might depart? I tend to agree with those who feel Willock and Chair won't go this winter and I don't thing Dieng will either.

As for our less than favoured players, I don't think any of our loans will go back to their home clubs, although I'd rather like it if Roberts returned to Leeds.

We're then left with the peripherals; Masterson, Hamalainen, Thomas, and Shodipo. For their own sakes, they would all do well to look to plying their trade in League 1 and should be allowed to leave if the opportunity arises. However, I suspect any or all of those leaving the club would do little to help QPR.

Archer, Balogun, Masterson, Thomas, Amos & Shodipo all in last 6 months. None of them are going to command a fee but we might be able to arrange a deal to let them go now instead of in the summer, if they have a club lined up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024