Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 143307 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:44 - Jan 11 with 5392 viewsBAWHoops

Cantwell looks like he's off to Glasgow Rangers, so that puts to bed any Chair/Willock links you'd imagine

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:51 - Jan 11 with 5308 viewsTheChef

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:44 - Jan 11 by BAWHoops

Cantwell looks like he's off to Glasgow Rangers, so that puts to bed any Chair/Willock links you'd imagine

It's what Ned Flanders would have wanted - his son going to a solid Protestant club.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 5045 viewsMonkey_Roots

Reports on Twitter that Jamal Lowe is having a medical at QPR
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 13:48]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:49 - Jan 11 with 5028 viewsaston_hoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:44 - Jan 11 by BAWHoops

I imagine followed by a press-release in which Mick Beale states he's been watching Cantwell since he first saw him playing in an under 8s tournament in Great Yarmouth and has followed his career every day since

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:51 - Jan 11 with 5022 viewsMonkey_Roots

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:49 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

I imagine followed by a press-release in which Mick Beale states he's been watching Cantwell since he first saw him playing in an under 8s tournament in Great Yarmouth and has followed his career every day since

More like he's been watching him closely through his Crystal Mole...
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:19 - Jan 11 with 4851 viewsbosh67

Incoming? Jamal Lowe having a medical allegedly.

Reasonable scoring rate, can play wide as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:23 - Jan 11 with 4829 viewsMaggsinho

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:19 - Jan 11 by bosh67

Incoming? Jamal Lowe having a medical allegedly.

Reasonable scoring rate, can play wide as well.

Seems almost done...

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:27 - Jan 11 with 4784 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:14 - Jan 11 by Hunterhoop

I’d really rather we stopped loans entirely and focused on signing the right players. I know they may be of less quality, but they will likely be more committed as we are their career and livelihood, not just a station on their journey. Permanent signings have their success bound up with the club, their employer; loanees do not.

None of the starting XI on Sat were loans and look what happened. I think as a fanbase it would be healthier to kind if rein in this instinctive dislike of loan players and assumption they don't care.

Having said that, Lowe seems similar to what we already have. I'm not enthused.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:46 - Jan 11 with 4637 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:27 - Jan 11 by Antti_Heinola

None of the starting XI on Sat were loans and look what happened. I think as a fanbase it would be healthier to kind if rein in this instinctive dislike of loan players and assumption they don't care.

For me it's the sheer number of loans that annoys me, probably because it highlights how skint we are and how poor our current B/U23 players are.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:49 - Jan 11 with 4619 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:27 - Jan 11 by Antti_Heinola

Well one positive about Lowe is he is at least quick, and we have been a painfully slow team getting slower all the time since Bright left.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:54 - Jan 11 with 4547 viewsBerkoRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:46 - Jan 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

For me it's the sheer number of loans that annoys me, probably because it highlights how skint we are and how poor our current B/U23 players are.

How many loans did the Florists have last season - and they got promoted.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:58 - Jan 11 with 4498 viewskensalriser

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:49 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Well one positive about Lowe is he is at least quick, and we have been a painfully slow team getting slower all the time since Bright left.

With a dead cat bounce when Austin left.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:09 - Jan 11 with 4364 viewsdmm

I mentioned this previously but Lowe's goal ratio in the Championship is just under 1 in 5. Dykes is just under 1 in 4.

Lowe can play both as a striker and at right wing but in the Championship he played more as a striker. Now perhaps Critchley would use him more out wide to improve the service to Dykes, but we might be wise not to expect a hatful of goals from this lad.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:15 - Jan 11 with 4327 viewsLoyalitat

I'm sure that I read quite a while back that J Lowe was a QPR youth player, but wasn't offered a scholarship as a certain Raheem Sterling was viewed as being a better prospect and played in the same position as him. Correct call, but goes to show how tough it is to make it as a professional and have the misfortune of coming up against someone of exceptional talent in the same year.

Welcome back and all the best, if the reports are to be believed.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:25 - Jan 11 with 4228 viewsHunterhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:09 - Jan 11 by dmm

I mentioned this previously but Lowe's goal ratio in the Championship is just under 1 in 5. Dykes is just under 1 in 4.

Lowe can play both as a striker and at right wing but in the Championship he played more as a striker. Now perhaps Critchley would use him more out wide to improve the service to Dykes, but we might be wise not to expect a hatful of goals from this lad.

Indeed. He’s had 5 full seasons in the football league, with over 36 appearances in each one, but in only 2 of those seasons did he surpass 8 goals. I wonder if he’s been signed to play as a wide forward (say, a much better version of Shodipo), and we’ll see one of Chair or Willock leave (or be dropped).
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:52 - Jan 11 with 3978 viewsTheChef

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:25 - Jan 11 by Hunterhoop

Indeed. He’s had 5 full seasons in the football league, with over 36 appearances in each one, but in only 2 of those seasons did he surpass 8 goals. I wonder if he’s been signed to play as a wide forward (say, a much better version of Shodipo), and we’ll see one of Chair or Willock leave (or be dropped).

Well at least it sounds like he can stay fit (probably put the mockers on that one now!)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:17 - Jan 11 with 3809 viewsEastR

Looks a bit like Roberts MK II, a hybrid forward

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:23 - Jan 11 with 3721 viewsflynnbo

Ready made song for when Nico puts him through for a goal.

"And it's Jamal Lowe and Hämäläinen...."

Sorry, precious little chance of hearing that song then!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 16:26]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:26 - Jan 11 with 3680 viewsSonofpugwash

Has he got knees fashioned out of recycled cotton buds?
I think we should be told..

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:50 - Jan 11 with 3528 viewsdaveB

he's surely come to play up front as a replacement for Bonne
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:54 - Jan 11 with 3502 viewsVancouverHoop

Jamal Lowe marks a milestone for me. He'll be the first player, to my knowledge, to play for the only two clubs I've ever supported, QPR and Hitchin Town.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:13 - Jan 11 with 3358 viewsDieByYourSide

Don't pick up him up for peanuts when he's playing down the road at Hampton and Richmond.

Don't pick him up for half a mil when he's doing it in League 1.

Get him in on loan for half a season when he's on PL money, hard time keeping him if he does well.

Let's hope does well.

Poll: And it's hi ho

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:02 - Jan 11 with 3189 viewsdmm

Jamal Lowe. That's okay but I'm wondering if that'll be that for this window?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:48 - Jan 11 with 3049 viewsNoDiddley

5 loans in
That’s our lot
Can’t see us buying anyone?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:20 - Jan 11 with 2923 viewsaston_hoop

Charlton on the verge of signing Mac Bonne AND Todd Kane. hilarious

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024