Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 144642 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:28 - Jan 13 with 3434 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:45 - Jan 13 by QPR_Jim

Archer, Balogun, Masterson, Thomas, Amos & Shodipo all in last 6 months. None of them are going to command a fee but we might be able to arrange a deal to let them go now instead of in the summer, if they have a club lined up.

Yes or even loans where we save some, probably not all, of their wages.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 10:32]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 3393 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:28 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

Yes or even loans where we save some, probably not all, of their wages.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 10:32]

Not Amos though. He is worth persevering with. When fit and on form is different to any of our squad. Re assess his fitness in April/May before offering a renewal.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:41 - Jan 13 with 3344 viewsLoyalitat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:31 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

Not Amos though. He is worth persevering with. When fit and on form is different to any of our squad. Re assess his fitness in April/May before offering a renewal.

Agreed. This.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:42 - Jan 13 with 3336 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:41 - Jan 13 by Loyalitat

Agreed. This.

I'd keep Amos too, but only for a year with a year option. His injury record is intimidating.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 3330 viewstraininvain

The problem is he’s rarely on form or fit and his wages could be used elsewhere on a midfielder who is at least regularly available.

I suspect a lot will depend upon how much it’ll cost to keep him.

Apologies, I thought the discussion was whether to renew his contract. I agree that it’s worth persevering with him till the end of this season.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 10:45]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:47 - Jan 13 with 3316 viewsngbqpr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:45 - Jan 13 by QPR_Jim

Archer, Balogun, Masterson, Thomas, Amos & Shodipo all in last 6 months. None of them are going to command a fee but we might be able to arrange a deal to let them go now instead of in the summer, if they have a club lined up.

Just got a little misty-eyed about that period when Masterson first came into the team for a run of games and looked really good (not answer to all our prayers good, but deffo solid champ cb potential good).

Never quite sure where that one went wrong, but that's now 3 disinterested managers (Warbs who initially seemed to like what he saw; and MB and NC who knew him from Liverpool).

Did it all start with that pen he gave away with the crazy handball?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:49 - Jan 13 with 3304 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:47 - Jan 13 by ngbqpr

Just got a little misty-eyed about that period when Masterson first came into the team for a run of games and looked really good (not answer to all our prayers good, but deffo solid champ cb potential good).

Never quite sure where that one went wrong, but that's now 3 disinterested managers (Warbs who initially seemed to like what he saw; and MB and NC who knew him from Liverpool).

Did it all start with that pen he gave away with the crazy handball?

Hmm. There was a lot of buzz on here, but I'm not sure he ever looked that good. First couple of games he was fine - but I always think as a yopung player adrenaline gets you through those. Once we got past those he didn't look ready to me by a long way.

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:58 - Jan 13 with 3265 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:49 - Jan 13 by Antti_Heinola

Hmm. There was a lot of buzz on here, but I'm not sure he ever looked that good. First couple of games he was fine - but I always think as a yopung player adrenaline gets you through those. Once we got past those he didn't look ready to me by a long way.

And three managers now have agreed with you, two of whom worked with him at Liverpool.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 3181 viewsQPRSteve

m
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 3177 viewsQPRSteve

Matt Smith, Arsenal midfielder being linked.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:13 - Jan 13 with 3168 viewsMonkey_Roots

Stutter?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 3054 viewshertshoops

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:10 - Jan 13 by QPRSteve

Matt Smith, Arsenal midfielder being linked.

DM as cover for Field and Johansen maybe ? (gawd help us if he gets crocked)
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:01 - Jan 13 with 2950 viewsBklynRanger

Played 49 times for Doncaster last season - another sicknote, no thanks.

How many Matt Smiths do we need anyway? Unbelievable.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:07 - Jan 13 with 2886 viewsdmm

Amos has another injury. Critchley reckons another week to 10 days before he returns.

It's increasingly hard not to think he's never going to be able to hold down a starting 11 place, and I so wanted him to do so.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:14 - Jan 13 with 2853 viewsWegerles_Stairs

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:07 - Jan 13 by dmm

Amos has another injury. Critchley reckons another week to 10 days before he returns.

It's increasingly hard not to think he's never going to be able to hold down a starting 11 place, and I so wanted him to do so.

Yeah, I like Luke but I wouldn't renew. The weekly updates on him and Johansen have become almost comical this season - what's strange is that I don't think either of them had an actual 'proper' injury; they just seem unable to attain match fitness regularly.

It's ludicrous to have players continually unavailable, particularly if we're meant to be cutting our cloth accordingly.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 2794 views89_50

Without going off on too much of a tangent, I wonder if it's a mental thing with players that have suffered major injury to be overly-concerned with the slightest tweak or soreness.

I can't remember who said it (helpful, I know), but I remember reading about someone saying that they were continuously playing with knocks and strains throughout their career, and that they've very rarely been what you'd consider to be 100%.

Maybe it's a self-preservation thing, maybe it's a desire thing, or maybe our collection of players are held together with chewing gum and paperclips.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:44 - Jan 13 with 2732 viewskensalriser

WTF is up with Johansen anyway, is he having a leg transplant or something?

I give up with Amos, I was more fit when I had ME for the best part of a year.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:52 - Jan 13 with 2676 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:44 - Jan 13 by kensalriser

He's back in training now
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 2645 viewsBklynRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:44 - Jan 13 by kensalriser

And isn't he supposed to be the run through walls feel no pain type anyway?

Why doesn't he just strap himself up and get out there and start kicking lumps out of people? We could be ninth right now if he bothered his psychotic Norwegian arse to do that.

Farce.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:05 - Jan 13 with 2590 viewsQPR_Jim

He is pushing 26 though and with his injury record, I think that's the heart ruling the head a little bit.

Conor Masterson, 24 - didn't impress the locals in a poor Gillingham side last season.

Shodipo - 26 this summer, Thomas also pushing 26.

They're all very much at the sh*t or get off the pot stage of their careers.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:13 - Jan 13 with 2528 viewsdavman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:44 - Jan 12 by Northernr

That's just fcking daft.
He's been non-existent for them this season, manager often left him out altogether because he said his head has gone since the Burnley bid. So they could have had £8m, that's already down to £2.5m and soon down to nothing. I'd be bloody fuming if we'd done that.

Yep, but just imagine what everyone else will be like when we accept £2.5m (or more likely £200k) for Willock next January...

The value in the Transfer Market coupled with Bosman is going to kill every single Championship club that does not get some of that parachute money any time soon. Swansea are in a similar boat with Manning. Very soon, players will no longer be treated as "assets" as their true value will be nothing - no sell on value as they will universally run their contracts down.

Someone really, really needs to challenge those P&S rules as it is simply re-enforcing the haves against the have nots. Nothing fair about it whatsoever. If you are lucky enough to attract rich owners who WANT to spend their money on the business, good luck to you. Scum did it, Citey did it, so why can't we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:14 - Jan 13 with 2525 viewsTheChef

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:43 - Jan 13 by traininvain

The problem is he’s rarely on form or fit and his wages could be used elsewhere on a midfielder who is at least regularly available.

I suspect a lot will depend upon how much it’ll cost to keep him.

Apologies, I thought the discussion was whether to renew his contract. I agree that it’s worth persevering with him till the end of this season.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 10:45]

One of those injury-prone players we took a punt on where it hasn't worked out.

He's much better as an attacking midfielder but he can never stay fit enough to have a decent run of games.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:03 - Jan 13 with 2324 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:42 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I'd keep Amos too, but only for a year with a year option. His injury record is intimidating.

I agree. As I alluded to, see what shape he is in and whether his salary would be cost effective for a squad player.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 2242 viewsMonkey_Roots

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:13 - Jan 13 by davman

Yep, but just imagine what everyone else will be like when we accept £2.5m (or more likely £200k) for Willock next January...

The value in the Transfer Market coupled with Bosman is going to kill every single Championship club that does not get some of that parachute money any time soon. Swansea are in a similar boat with Manning. Very soon, players will no longer be treated as "assets" as their true value will be nothing - no sell on value as they will universally run their contracts down.

Someone really, really needs to challenge those P&S rules as it is simply re-enforcing the haves against the have nots. Nothing fair about it whatsoever. If you are lucky enough to attract rich owners who WANT to spend their money on the business, good luck to you. Scum did it, Citey did it, so why can't we?

We did didn't we?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:22 - Jan 13 with 2211 viewsBerkoRanger

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:13 - Jan 13 by davman

Absolutely agree with you, Davman. In any other business, wealthy owners can make their own decisions as to whether or when to invest or not.
But the top Prem clubs keep spending huge amounts in transfers AND wages and SSN absolutely loves it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024