Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 144644 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:33 - Jan 13 with 5330 viewsgazza1

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:42 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I'd keep Amos too, but only for a year with a year option. His injury record is intimidating.

He isnt good enough to play 20 games per season Norf.....one more that should be released. Sad because he appears to have a good attitude and can play well but he is injured far too much, inconsistent performances and doesn't have much of an impact in many of the games that he plays.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:46 - Jan 13 with 5264 viewsgazza1

I would also say that many of the players that we have out on loan will not be good enough for Championship football, some are playing at such a low level of non league stuff that they should be in the team every week and also being one of the best players on the park most weeks - some are subs and get taken off and not selecetd!!!!

Couple that with so called 'first teamers', Thomas, Shodipo, Masterson & Nico plus debatables in Dozzell & Albert - all of whom are not good enough for Championship football.

Moving onto Armstrong, he has so little technical ability that I doubt that he will ever make a Championship/League 2 player.

Its not all 'doom & gloom' though, we have a Dieng, Kakay, Dickie, Dunn, Clarke-Salter, Paal, Balogun, Field, Chair, Johnson, Willock, Field plus the loans make us not bad if they apply themselves properly 'week in, week out' and not just when the time are right. WE should be good enough to compete for the top 10 of the league if not even higher.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 14:48]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:32 - Jan 13 with 5113 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:46 - Jan 13 by gazza1

I would also say that many of the players that we have out on loan will not be good enough for Championship football, some are playing at such a low level of non league stuff that they should be in the team every week and also being one of the best players on the park most weeks - some are subs and get taken off and not selecetd!!!!

Couple that with so called 'first teamers', Thomas, Shodipo, Masterson & Nico plus debatables in Dozzell & Albert - all of whom are not good enough for Championship football.

Moving onto Armstrong, he has so little technical ability that I doubt that he will ever make a Championship/League 2 player.

Its not all 'doom & gloom' though, we have a Dieng, Kakay, Dickie, Dunn, Clarke-Salter, Paal, Balogun, Field, Chair, Johnson, Willock, Field plus the loans make us not bad if they apply themselves properly 'week in, week out' and not just when the time are right. WE should be good enough to compete for the top 10 of the league if not even higher.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 14:48]

There are a few out on loan that are barely out of nappies like Salamon 18 and Lloyd 19. Give them a chance.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 5072 viewspaulparker

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:42 - Jan 13 by Northernr

I'd keep Amos too, but only for a year with a year option. His injury record is intimidating.

Why ? he offers nothing imo and has had this chance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:56 - Jan 13 with 4994 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:37 - Jan 13 by paulparker

Why ? he offers nothing imo and has had this chance

1 - I disagree he offers nothing. I think he showed last season that he's a central midfielder that can get up and beyond the striker and contribute goals. We don't have central midfielders that can do that.

Since the start of last season Johansen (3), Dozzell (0), Iroegbunam (0), Field (2), Ball (1, and it originally went down as an og), Richards (0) and Hendrick (0) have scored six goals between them. In that time they've collectively made 121 starts and 49 sub appearances. Luke Amos has scored the same as than them all combined (six) and he's done that in 22 starts and 23 sub apps.

2 I worry how we'll do better and who we'll get on our budget next summer. Sure, Amos is a bit sht, and very injury prone. There's got to be something wrong with you if you're playing here and these things might mean we're able to get him on a very affordable one year deal with a year's option, when we're unlikely to be able to afford anybody better. I'm certainly not advocating we hand him another three years on the money he's on now, by any means.

This post has been edited by an administrator
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:22 - Jan 13 with 4932 viewsQPROslo

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:45 - Jan 13 by QPR_Jim

Archer, Balogun, Masterson, Thomas, Amos & Shodipo all in last 6 months. None of them are going to command a fee but we might be able to arrange a deal to let them go now instead of in the summer, if they have a club lined up.

Balogun was excellent in most of those games he played. He looked to be organising us defensively and if I remember right we conceded fewer goals when he played. As long as he really is coming back from injury in the next month I'd keep him for the rest of the season.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Jan 13 with 4913 viewsMonkey_Roots

I'm really hoping Amos' luck will change, injury-wise —I think his inconsistency and the failure to impact the game could be a direct result of him not being able to sustain a starting position week in, week out. I really think there is a player in there, and we've seen flashes of it, he just needs a period of wellness — 2 ACL's already.

Is he a busted flush? Probably worth extending for a year to find out for sure.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:28 - Jan 13 with 4896 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:22 - Jan 13 by QPROslo

Balogun was excellent in most of those games he played. He looked to be organising us defensively and if I remember right we conceded fewer goals when he played. As long as he really is coming back from injury in the next month I'd keep him for the rest of the season.

Played well when he first arrived, not unusual. By Huddersfield at home was looking exactly what he is - a 34-year-old defender who's spent the last three years playing at Wigan and in Scotland, and even that was only in select games and mostly from the bench, and therefore cannot in any way be relied upon as a regular starter in a 46 game season. Hasn't been seen at all since Daddy Mick departed.

If he comes back I suspect he'll improve us briefly again, and lots of Old Skool types will get very excited about having an experienced centre back doing some bits and pieces, but he'll very quickly wilt and/or get injured again.

God I hope you're quoting this back to me after our glorious play-off triumph with him as captain.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:53 - Jan 13 with 4777 viewsgazza1

He only signed because he was somebody that our previous manager knew and he must of thought he could do a job for us. If you take the age bit out of the signing I think he did well, lost it a bit in the last game but overall he was OK, been injured for a while just like our Club Captain is now.....I take no notice of age or experience, only how he played for us in the few games that he played.

Good signing, I'm unsure because I don't know how much he cost - did we need another CB, maybe not but I do not know what the plans are for our other CB's.

He will be gone at the end of the season.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 4744 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:53 - Jan 13 by gazza1

He only signed because he was somebody that our previous manager knew and he must of thought he could do a job for us. If you take the age bit out of the signing I think he did well, lost it a bit in the last game but overall he was OK, been injured for a while just like our Club Captain is now.....I take no notice of age or experience, only how he played for us in the few games that he played.

Good signing, I'm unsure because I don't know how much he cost - did we need another CB, maybe not but I do not know what the plans are for our other CB's.

"Overall he was ok" - he's played 11 times.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 4739 viewsjohnhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:28 - Jan 13 by Northernr

Played well when he first arrived, not unusual. By Huddersfield at home was looking exactly what he is - a 34-year-old defender who's spent the last three years playing at Wigan and in Scotland, and even that was only in select games and mostly from the bench, and therefore cannot in any way be relied upon as a regular starter in a 46 game season. Hasn't been seen at all since Daddy Mick departed.

If he comes back I suspect he'll improve us briefly again, and lots of Old Skool types will get very excited about having an experienced centre back doing some bits and pieces, but he'll very quickly wilt and/or get injured again.

God I hope you're quoting this back to me after our glorious play-off triumph with him as captain.

So does anyone know whether he’s actually out through injury or it’s just that he’s pining for Beale?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:51 - Jan 13 with 4631 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:12 - Jan 13 by johnhoop

So does anyone know whether he’s actually out through injury or it’s just that he’s pining for Beale?

It's meant to be a calf injury. I'm sure it is. He would surely not be allowed off work simply to pine for the departed shyster.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:20 - Jan 13 with 4560 viewsaston_hoop

For what its worth, I know someone who works in recruitment for a Championship club who are very much shopping in the same market as us and he flagged up at the time we signed Balogun that he was very much the data analysts golden boy amongst clubs looking at budget centre backs in the Championship. Very strong metrics and I'm sure we knew about him anyway. Interestingly, Yoann Barbet was another high performer on clubs lists but he wanted to go back to France.

Obviously none of that really matters and at 34, he's the shortest of short term plugs but it shouldn't be any surprise that he's good.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:52 - Jan 13 with 4454 viewsPinnerPaul

On the injury front - Jack Kennedy - leading Irish NH rider has just broken his leg - for the 5th time - he hopes to be back race riding at The Cheltenham Festival - 8 weeks away.

Different breed!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:38 - Jan 13 with 4295 viewsdmm

QPR ‘prepared’ — but no approaches for players yet: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-prepared-for-offers-for-star-players

Some interesting comments from Critchley here who suggests we don't need to sell a player if we wanted to buy one. I find that hard to believe.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:32 - Jan 13 with 4152 viewsLazyFan

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:38 - Jan 13 by dmm

QPR ‘prepared’ — but no approaches for players yet: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-prepared-for-offers-for-star-players

Some interesting comments from Critchley here who suggests we don't need to sell a player if we wanted to buy one. I find that hard to believe.

That's because we probably saved £1m in owed appearance money to Charlton by letting Bonne go.

Probably leaves us £500K after the Lowe loan.

Also, when you see us linked with players like Ebiowei, who I think is a great prospect, I suspect it is just in case someone comes in for Willock. I would be very happy if we got Ebiowei he looked very good playing for Derby at only 18 in the Champ.

All guessing on my part!

zzzzzzzzzz

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:32 - Jan 14 with 3582 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:53 - Jan 13 by gazza1

There were times when he when Dickie was injured as well as JCS, leaving Balogun and Dunne as our only senior centre backs. Not sure whether Masterson was around as cover or out on loan.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:03 - Jan 14 with 3473 viewsStrawberryHillR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:32 - Jan 13 by LazyFan

That's because we probably saved £1m in owed appearance money to Charlton by letting Bonne go.

Also, when you see us linked with players like Ebiowei, who I think is a great prospect, I suspect it is just in case someone comes in for Willock. I would be very happy if we got Ebiowei he looked very good playing for Derby at only 18 in the Champ.

All guessing on my part!

Surely we most be slightly ahead of where we thought we'd be, finance-wise, thanks to the Beale compo and the Chair/Dieng World Cup windfalls?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:05 - Jan 14 with 3459 viewsdistortR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:03 - Jan 14 by StrawberryHillR

Surely we most be slightly ahead of where we thought we'd be, finance-wise, thanks to the Beale compo and the Chair/Dieng World Cup windfalls?

and only paying out one win bonus in the last few months? The bigger picture, and all that...........
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:34 - Jan 14 with 3349 viewskensalriser

January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:05 - Jan 14 by distortR

and only paying out one win bonus in the last few months? The bigger picture, and all that...........

Think of what we've saved in cup bonuses.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 2704 viewsderbyhoop

Outgoings

As well as Bonne resigning for Charlton
Shodipo season long loan to Lincoln
Adarkwa released, signed for Arbroath and scored on debut
I expect to see Thomas, possibly Masterson loaned out before end Jan
Shortly (end of season?) we will release Bettache and Owens

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 2631 viewsngbqpr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:20 - Jan 13 by aston_hoop

For what its worth, I know someone who works in recruitment for a Championship club who are very much shopping in the same market as us and he flagged up at the time we signed Balogun that he was very much the data analysts golden boy amongst clubs looking at budget centre backs in the Championship. Very strong metrics and I'm sure we knew about him anyway. Interestingly, Yoann Barbet was another high performer on clubs lists but he wanted to go back to France.

Obviously none of that really matters and at 34, he's the shortest of short term plugs but it shouldn't be any surprise that he's good.

Data Analyst Golden Boys is going straight on my John Peel / Gilles Peterson in session band names list

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:48 - Jan 16 with 2445 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:32 - Jan 13 by LazyFan

All guessing on my part!

I think he's gone to Hull on loan
January Transfer Window Rumours on 12:13 - Jan 16 with 2329 viewsToast_R

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:48 - Jan 16 by daveB

I think he's gone to Hull on loan

Poor Sod!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 2103 viewsaston_hoop

Sinclair Armstrong potentially being made available. Makes sense, at this stage in his development he'd benefit from half a season in the league below much the same as Eze and Chair did.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024