Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamal Lowe 16:09 - Jan 11 with 15803 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry, can’t see a thread on this anywhere and I don’t normally give transfer tittle tattle any time but lot äs of talk about Jamal Lowe completing a QPR medical today.
Jamal Lowe on 17:52 - Jan 11 with 3566 viewsdenhamhoop2

Must be one of the few who thinks he is a decent signing very impressed with how he played with Moore at Wigan so potential to do the same with Dykes. Wages is the obvious big sticking point has the potential to be the new Nakhi Wells ie a decent Championship striker not quite good enough for the step up. Can also play out wide gives us the option of playing 3 5 2 or 4 4 2 with him oh and he is an actual striker who hopefully understands the offside law better than the man he replaces
Jamal Lowe on 17:55 - Jan 11 with 3536 viewsHoopstar

Lowe "I haven't missed a game through injury in six years"

I'm off to stick a tenner on his hamstring going 5 mins after he comes on as a sub on Saturday.

Does feel a very QPR signing - probably end up paying him more in wages in 5 months than it would have cost to buy him but there we go - does bring something different and hope he can revitalise a little moving forward.
Jamal Lowe on 17:59 - Jan 11 with 3467 viewsTacticalR

A quick look on Wiki tells me his scoring rate is about the same as Dykes' - roughly 1 every four games.

Air hostess clique

Jamal Lowe on 17:59 - Jan 11 with 3460 viewsMick_S

Jamal Lowe on 17:32 - Jan 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t tell them Dykes

🎩 off sir.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Jamal Lowe on 18:06 - Jan 11 with 3364 viewsdmm

Jamal Lowe on 17:59 - Jan 11 by TacticalR

A quick look on Wiki tells me his scoring rate is about the same as Dykes' - roughly 1 every four games.

As posted elsewhere today, in the Championship Lowe's goal scoring is just under 1 in 5 and Dykes just under 1 in 4.
Jamal Lowe on 18:10 - Jan 11 with 3330 viewscollegeranger

Always followed his progress as he was at Hampton & Richmond (where he was one of the best I have seen) and signed by Portsmouth. Hard working, trains well and as others have said can play anywhere. He is not a target man like Dykes but is most effective playing off a number 9. Takes players on and is fast. Chances are one of Willock or Chair is off as I would be surprised if we played all 3 !!

Welcome Jamal and looking forward to watching him on a regular basis again !!
Jamal Lowe on 18:11 - Jan 11 with 3327 viewsoldmeadoniansR

It is disappointing that we missed out on opportunities earlier but we are where we are. Am a bit of a lapsed QPR fan and have been to most Hampton and Richmond home games in last few years. Lowe was outstanding for Hampton a massive cut above anyone else in the division. Pace and very good technical ability. Of course it is a Mile away from the championship but he really stood out. Watched Shannon Baptiste on loan here and here and he was good but nowhere near Lowe. He is currently playing for Brentford. Think Lowe will do very well.
Jamal Lowe on 18:14 - Jan 11 with 3301 viewsJules4367

Jamal Lowe on 17:07 - Jan 11 by DavieQPR

Bonne replacement.

Bonne Voyage! (someone has undoubtedly said that already but I couldn't resist)
Login to get fewer ads

Jamal Lowe on 18:24 - Jan 11 with 3227 viewsJules4367

I just hope the conversation wasn't:-

" We definitely need someone up front to partner Lyndon, he cannot do it by heading balls on each game only for there to be no-one to pick them up!
"How are you feeling about our striker potential?"
"Low!!!"
"Lowe???!"
" Yes Low, I think we are all feeling Low, aren't you?"
" Well, yes, I suppose I am feeling Lowe too"

and then they picked up the phone.

Welcome back Jamal, better late than never! Best wishes for your debut!
Jamal Lowe on 18:26 - Jan 11 with 3214 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jamal Lowe on 17:59 - Jan 11 by TacticalR

Well, when he does score, don't pick him for the next three games! Soon get that scoring rate up near Haaland's.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jamal Lowe on 18:26 - Jan 11 with 3210 viewsdavman

Maybe this will free Sinclair Armstrong to go out on that loan he desperately needs? Better than current form Adomah and Roberts and maybe even the Willock we've seen since the World Cup.

Maybe one of our "top boys" is off, maybe not.

Those books apparently need balancing at some point though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jamal Lowe on 18:37 - Jan 11 with 3090 viewsTacticalR

Jamal Lowe on 18:26 - Jan 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Well, when he does score, don't pick him for the next three games! Soon get that scoring rate up near Haaland's.

That's a good idea.

Air hostess clique

Jamal Lowe on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 3058 viewsdmm

A nice little Jack Supple fact:
Jamal Lowe has scored in all three of his Championship appearances against Reading at the Madejski Stadium, with each appearance coming for a different side (Wigan/Swansea/Bournemouth).
Jamal Lowe on 18:46 - Jan 11 with 3005 views89_50

On the face of it, this looks like the type of signing we need.

Given how Critchley seems to play, I'd imagine Lowe being out wide. Pace and crossing is severely lacking in this team, so perhaps we've now got that option.

What this means for Illy and Willy, I would imagine is one being used on the other flank and the other more centrally, with them dovetailing and swapping positions throughout matches - sort of how they kinda already do.

Nevertheless, I like this arrival. Hopefully he shines.
Jamal Lowe on 18:47 - Jan 11 with 3000 viewsShotKneesHoop

I presume Lowe's nickname will be Arthur? From Dad's Army - which is a pretty appropriate provenance for our lot these days. What is worrying long term is how much we are depending on loanees.

Just stay up is the new mantra after last weeks shit storm.

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 18:49]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Jamal Lowe on 18:52 - Jan 11 with 2953 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/lowe-first-interview-110123/

First video. Nice local lad. Didn't realise he was already a previous youth player here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jamal Lowe on 18:59 - Jan 11 with 2876 viewsSuperhoop83

He is quick, experienced and plays up front.

That will do for me as the lack of strikers was an obvious problem from the moment we kicked off at Blackburn.

Suffering since 1978.

Jamal Lowe on 19:10 - Jan 11 with 2802 viewsstanistheman

Jamal Lowe on 16:26 - Jan 11 by swisscottage

I really can't see how he's an improvement on even Thomas, Adomah, Roberts or Richards.

Hardly a signing that sets my heart racing, and makes no sense to me.

Well check out his goal scoring record for a start and you will see he scored more often than Roberts and Adomah.
He us a different player to Richards so can’t compare them.
As for Thomas, are you serious?

How many appearances has Thomas made for QPR and I only recall him having 1 assist to goal with a load of missed chances to score his 1st goal.

Lowe can play wide or even as a central striker, so can either assist Dykes or even replace him.
Jamal Lowe on 19:12 - Jan 11 with 2780 viewsAndybrat

Good signing, sort of hoping we also have an option on him. Suspect Taylor and Tyler might be further down the pecking order.
Jamal Lowe on 19:14 - Jan 11 with 2741 viewsqueensparker

Nice recent article on him here. Seems the right sort, he’s been through a lot to be a pro (Les/Ian Wright route to the top). He’s also a Jamaica international so presume Paul Hall had a hand in this

https://www.sportbible.com/football/jamal-lowe-bournemouth-jamaica-premier-leagu
Jamal Lowe on 19:22 - Jan 11 with 2668 viewskensalriser

Jamal Lowe on 17:55 - Jan 11 by Hoopstar

Lowe "I haven't missed a game through injury in six years"

I'm off to stick a tenner on his hamstring going 5 mins after he comes on as a sub on Saturday.

Does feel a very QPR signing - probably end up paying him more in wages in 5 months than it would have cost to buy him but there we go - does bring something different and hope he can revitalise a little moving forward.

Hamstring?

If not that, nailed on to get scarlet fever, typhoid, malaria or ebola. Or probably all four.

Stay away from seafood Jamal, and make sure to eat only at restaurants with a scores on the doors of 5. And don't go near any barbecues or ladders.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jamal Lowe on 19:42 - Jan 11 with 2561 viewsgazza1

We had to sign a striker and I presume we have.......I know very little about how he plays but whatever he must be an improvement on what we have.

I look forward to watching him at Reading.....we are going into the match with a better chance of scoring and therefore wining the game.
Jamal Lowe on 19:50 - Jan 11 with 2492 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jamal Lowe on 19:42 - Jan 11 by gazza1

We had to sign a striker and I presume we have.......I know very little about how he plays but whatever he must be an improvement on what we have.

I look forward to watching him at Reading.....we are going into the match with a better chance of scoring and therefore wining the game.

Stats would disagree Gazza but I agree a change is a huge chance for improvement.
Jamal Lowe on 20:38 - Jan 11 with 2236 viewsDixie_CT

Jamal Lowe on 17:30 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Quintessential QPR modern era signing.
Could have had him for nothing when he was in our academy, released him at 15.
Could have had him for next to nothing when he played non-league locally.
Could have had him for a few hundred k when he was playing lower league.
Now he's Premier League and paid accordingly, we'd like him on loan.

I'm like a parrot with this, but we had the chance to sign him from Hampton & Richmond for £150k, but Les wouldn't return Lowe’s Agent’s calls.

Glad he is finally here, albeit five seasons later than he could and probably should be.
Jamal Lowe on 21:09 - Jan 11 with 2043 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Jamal Lowe on 20:38 - Jan 11 by Dixie_CT

I'm like a parrot with this, but we had the chance to sign him from Hampton & Richmond for £150k, but Les wouldn't return Lowe’s Agent’s calls.

Glad he is finally here, albeit five seasons later than he could and probably should be.

Is that true?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024