Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun? 16:58 - Jul 6 with 23720 viewsstainrods_elbow

Like Mr Martin, it appears that he's been released only to be, er, retained, because - stone the crows - we're a basket case of a club. Regardless, he's currently 'back out on the grass' and apparently working 'incredibly hard' to get fit, according to GA.

I don't really know what to think about the guy - he's 35, seemingly as injury-prone (and sometimes clanger-prone) as they come (to us), and then there was that argy-bargy with the away support last season. On the other hand, he's experienced, internationally credentialled, looked pretty good for a short while under Beale (sorry), and we all know it's likely to be a bit Keystone Kops this year, so maybe it's better the devil we know. Perhaps he could be our Frank McClintock 75-76, or even 76-77. Trust we in GA on this one?

If it were a choice of Martin or Leon, I guess I'd plump for the latter - though I can't help feeling if either of them are the answer(s), we're asking the wrong question.

Sigh!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 17:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Balogun? on 00:08 - Jul 7 with 3432 viewsHoopsie

If he stays and given a contract to play, i would think he is an Ainsworth type of player - leader, motivator, "developer", good voice and influence around the changing room - perhaps not a regular starter but a back-up or experienced head (for game management to see out a win etc). Ainsworth is big on club culture and only keen to keep players who will sweat blood for the shirt, no way is he keeping someone who isn't a team player that will "die" for the club, no way. But can't see him playing more than 15 games although may nick in one or two "crucial" goals, fingers crossed. Not sure if we are desperate to keep him as surely there are younger, cheaper and experienced players out there to play this "role". I mean if Ainsworth really want to keep Dieng the latter wouldn't have wanted to leave as shown in the Dykes situation. I do think Dykes have more to "lose" staying with QPR but the fact he isn't leaving he must have taken in what the club and Ainsworth have in plan for the coming season.

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Balogun? on 09:31 - Jul 7 with 3232 viewsterryb

As Martin has not travelled to Austria, it must be at least a possibility that the article in WLS was misleading (I'm being kind!).

It would seem far more likely that the club statememnt that he has left would be the correct information.
Balogun? on 09:39 - Jul 7 with 3200 viewsdmm

Balogun? on 09:31 - Jul 7 by terryb

As Martin has not travelled to Austria, it must be at least a possibility that the article in WLS was misleading (I'm being kind!).

It would seem far more likely that the club statememnt that he has left would be the correct information.

The club issued a statement to that effect on 1st July https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-martin-departs-300623/
Balogun? on 19:40 - Jul 11 with 2849 viewsessextaxiboy

Balogun? on 09:39 - Jul 7 by dmm

The club issued a statement to that effect on 1st July https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-martin-departs-300623/

Is Balogun in Austria ? Rumour on Glasgow Rangers site that he has re signed for them .
Balogun? on 21:22 - Jul 11 with 2685 viewsdmm

Balogun? on 19:40 - Jul 11 by essextaxiboy

Is Balogun in Austria ? Rumour on Glasgow Rangers site that he has re signed for them .

Yes, Balogun is in Austria.
Balogun? on 06:24 - Jul 12 with 2423 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 19:40 - Jul 11 by essextaxiboy

Well he's here atm but that would be hilarious.
Balogun? on 07:58 - Jul 12 with 2258 viewsHammersmithR

They’re welcome to him. He’ll play about 5 games for them.
Balogun? on 08:10 - Jul 12 with 2218 viewsSL5_Hoop

Hes tweeted that hes off now. So seems he is off to Rangers
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun? on 08:44 - Jul 12 with 2117 viewsNorthernr

Well I'm hoping we're at least able to reach the first ever LFW 100% consensus on this fella now.
Balogun? on 08:44 - Jul 12 with 2115 viewsconnell10

Balogun? on 08:10 - Jul 12 by SL5_Hoop

So he trains with us free of charge , goes out to Austria free of charge and now he is going to boil face in Scotland and the club pleads poverty !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Balogun? on 08:45 - Jul 12 with 2106 viewsBrianWilson

He was team bonding just yesterday. Maybe it's a scheduled tweet gone wrong.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Balogun? on 08:47 - Jul 12 with 2087 viewstoboboly

Balogun? on 08:10 - Jul 12 by SL5_Hoop

PRAISE THE LORD

edit: I now have morning wood
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 8:56]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Balogun? on 08:55 - Jul 12 with 2035 viewssparkey

Genuinely think he's the person I dislike most in the world.
Balogun? on 09:01 - Jul 12 with 1988 viewsdmm

Along with JCS's injury, this would explain why Woodman and Hawkins have suddenly been sent over to make up the numbers in Austria.
Balogun? on 09:02 - Jul 12 with 1981 viewseghamranger

GONE…. Officially
Balogun? on 09:05 - Jul 12 with 1967 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 09:01 - Jul 12 by dmm

Along with JCS's injury, this would explain why Woodman and Hawkins have suddenly been sent over to make up the numbers in Austria.

But why are we leaving them at home in the first place, to take him with us instead, to get fit on our time, to go and play for somebody else - possibly even Mick Beale? I thought it was about "people who wanted to play for QPR"?

I'm incredulous. But I've been that about Balogun from the moment he walked through the door.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Balogun? on 09:09 - Jul 12 with 1934 viewsdmm

Balogun? on 09:05 - Jul 12 by Northernr

But why are we leaving them at home in the first place, to take him with us instead, to get fit on our time, to go and play for somebody else - possibly even Mick Beale? I thought it was about "people who wanted to play for QPR"?

I'm incredulous. But I've been that about Balogun from the moment he walked through the door.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Didn't we have to provide Balogun a preseason in accordance with the players union stipulations because of his late season injury?
Balogun? on 09:12 - Jul 12 with 1911 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 09:09 - Jul 12 by dmm

Didn't we have to provide Balogun a preseason in accordance with the players union stipulations because of his late season injury?

Yeh but that doesn't mean you have to pay to take him on the fcking pre-season tour does it? Park him on an exercise bike in our new £20m training ground and tell him you'll see him next week.
Balogun? on 09:17 - Jul 12 with 1859 viewsDannyPaddox

Is there anything in the player’s union stipulations that say we can’t leave him up a mountain in the Alps daubed head to toe in honey or whatever else turns Austrian bears on?
Balogun? on 09:25 - Jul 12 with 1810 viewshubble

Balogun gone, Balugon gone,
Is it cream or jam that's first on a scone?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Balogun? on 09:28 - Jul 12 with 1783 viewsTheChef

Wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's still unattached come the start of August, and we give him a short term deal.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Balogun? on 09:29 - Jul 12 with 1778 viewsBlue_Castello

Totally agree it's confusing how the club have dealt with Balogun I guess that could be a question for Clive's first interview with Gareth but we can all give a huge sigh of a relief because it's yet another sick note out the door, who we just can't afford to have on our books, it's done he's gone thankfully and we move on.........hopefully......
Balogun? on 09:37 - Jul 12 with 1728 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 09:28 - Jul 12 by TheChef

Wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's still unattached come the start of August, and we give him a short term deal.

He's going to Rangers mate, or so the rumours are. We've spent the last few weeks getting him fit for a reunion with Daddy Mick
Balogun? on 09:45 - Jul 12 with 1660 viewsconnell10

Balogun? on 09:37 - Jul 12 by Northernr

He's going to Rangers mate, or so the rumours are. We've spent the last few weeks getting him fit for a reunion with Daddy Mick

I can't get my head around this mate! I'm not angry the f ucker has gone I'm angry about the amount if money spent on his rehabilitation just to get him fit for that 2 faced Kunt Beale the boil!!! I think someone at the club needs to answer a few questions on this.p

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Balogun? on 09:49 - Jul 12 with 1625 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 09:45 - Jul 12 by connell10

I can't get my head around this mate! I'm not angry the f ucker has gone I'm angry about the amount if money spent on his rehabilitation just to get him fit for that 2 faced Kunt Beale the boil!!! I think someone at the club needs to answer a few questions on this.p

Well as said above it is a PFA stipulation that he stays here for his rehab, fair enough. But I am staggered that we paid to bring him on tour, ahead of players we own and are now having to belatedly fly out. Mad stuff.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024