Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun? 16:58 - Jul 6 with 23719 viewsstainrods_elbow

Like Mr Martin, it appears that he's been released only to be, er, retained, because - stone the crows - we're a basket case of a club. Regardless, he's currently 'back out on the grass' and apparently working 'incredibly hard' to get fit, according to GA.

I don't really know what to think about the guy - he's 35, seemingly as injury-prone (and sometimes clanger-prone) as they come (to us), and then there was that argy-bargy with the away support last season. On the other hand, he's experienced, internationally credentialled, looked pretty good for a short while under Beale (sorry), and we all know it's likely to be a bit Keystone Kops this year, so maybe it's better the devil we know. Perhaps he could be our Frank McClintock 75-76, or even 76-77. Trust we in GA on this one?

If it were a choice of Martin or Leon, I guess I'd plump for the latter - though I can't help feeling if either of them are the answer(s), we're asking the wrong question.

Sigh!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 17:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Balogun? on 11:49 - Jul 12 with 3322 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Thank God he's gone, and no real surprise is back to GR.

The squad looks painfully thin now. One CB (Dunne), one striker (Dykes) one midfielder (Field). Everyone else is just nowhere near good enough or has experience.
This season could not only be horrendous, it could be humiliating.
Balogun? on 11:52 - Jul 12 with 3292 viewsRs_Holy

Balogun? on 11:49 - Jul 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The squad looks painfully thin now. One CB (Dunne), one striker (Dykes) one midfielder (Field). Everyone else is just nowhere near good enough or has experience.

GA worked miracles at Wycombe... but this has to be his biggest challenge?
Balogun? on 11:52 - Jul 12 with 3292 viewsBostonR

He’s departure is welcome but the club needs to learn not to pander to this type of professional. I bet anything that the professionalism, integrity and approach from Begovic will be light years ahead of the commitment shown by Balogun.
Good riddance to him.
Balogun? on 11:58 - Jul 12 with 3232 viewsRangersw12

Balogun? on 10:48 - Jul 12 by Northernr

I mean apart from left back we're short everywhere currently aren't we? Still six weeks of transfer window left. If we try and do a season with the squad as it is now (we won't) then we wouldn't make double figures in points.

Problem is if we leave till late in the window we could realistically be rock bottom with zero points and Ainsworth under massive pressure
Balogun? on 11:58 - Jul 12 with 3239 viewspaulhoop2

Balogun? on 23:28 - Jul 6 by E17hoop

This - it's part of the support offered to players with an agreement with the PFA. It protects younger players who get career ending injuries and provides them with ongoing medical support.

As I said on another thread PFA rules allow for injured out of contract players to remain training for as long as the rehab is needed I was ridiculed for that but I was correct lol Clive supported me tho and referenced it

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Balogun? on 12:18 - Jul 12 with 3119 viewsQPR_Jim

Balogun? on 09:12 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Yeh but that doesn't mean you have to pay to take him on the fcking pre-season tour does it? Park him on an exercise bike in our new £20m training ground and tell him you'll see him next week.

To be fair I assume that the trip was organised well in advance and we probably had a lot more flights and accommodation for the squad than we needed in the end with those leaving not travelling. We could have taken more youngsters though but they are probably better with the development squad for pre-season.
Balogun? on 12:25 - Jul 12 with 3057 viewsMick_S

This is how it needs to be done!

But Beale I'd happily knock his fkin lights out given half a chance, having first pinned him to the wall for a rant about what he did to our club.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 12:26]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Balogun? on 12:34 - Jul 12 with 3002 viewsNed_Kennedys

Balogun? on 09:49 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Well as said above it is a PFA stipulation that he stays here for his rehab, fair enough. But I am staggered that we paid to bring him on tour, ahead of players we own and are now having to belatedly fly out. Mad stuff.

My guess is talks were continuing with him re a possible deal for next season: if the club thought this was a possibility then it makes sense to take him to Austria.
When Balogun decided he was off to wherever they have sent him home.
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun? on 12:47 - Jul 12 with 2906 viewsdaveB

should be said Rangers got a season ending injury to a centre half the other day so I doubt this has been planned for long.
Balogun? on 12:50 - Jul 12 with 2865 viewsAntti_Heinola

Balogun? on 10:46 - Jul 12 by bosh67

It is a curious one because when Beale started and Balogun played he looked the best player on the pitch for a number of games. But then when he got injured and Beale left it was very different. His allegiance is obviously with Beale.

For me the weird thing was getting rid of Masterson when he did well for Gillingham on loan and not really giving Gubbins a chance, given that he appears to have something.

I understand being allowed to stay on to get fit but he has clearly used his contract rights till the last knockings to get us to pay for it all.

For me the defence is looking even scarily more sparse than the striker problem. With 3 weeks? to go before the new season, having one fit recognised CB in the squad, one recognised fit striker in the squad and no idea if Willock or Chair are staying feels more than ominous.

Compare this squad to previous ones that have struggled and lurched mid table and the current squad is pretty feeble.

God I love you Bosh. No one else has quite the beautiful faith you have in our young players, whether it's the constant belief 'the next Clive Allen' is imminent, or the belief that somehow Gubbins or Masterson will miraculously become anything like Championship level players, I applaud your optimism! I wish I had more of it for this season :(

Bare bones.

Balogun? on 13:11 - Jul 12 with 2710 viewsHoopsie

Balogun? on 12:47 - Jul 12 by daveB

should be said Rangers got a season ending injury to a centre half the other day so I doubt this has been planned for long.

Seems like they are going to have after season ending injury with Bettergone, with his (non)playing history, it’s odds on.

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Balogun? on 13:13 - Jul 12 with 2688 viewstoboboly

Balogun? on 12:50 - Jul 12 by Antti_Heinola

God I love you Bosh. No one else has quite the beautiful faith you have in our young players, whether it's the constant belief 'the next Clive Allen' is imminent, or the belief that somehow Gubbins or Masterson will miraculously become anything like Championship level players, I applaud your optimism! I wish I had more of it for this season :(

I would like Clive to ask GA about the reasoning for releasing Masterson because he is much better than Gubbins.

And surely Masterson would have cost less than Balogun in wages and he had a potential sell on value?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Balogun? on 13:19 - Jul 12 with 2630 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Balogun? on 11:52 - Jul 12 by BostonR

He’s departure is welcome but the club needs to learn not to pander to this type of professional. I bet anything that the professionalism, integrity and approach from Begovic will be light years ahead of the commitment shown by Balogun.
Good riddance to him.

Seconded. Won't be missed.
Balogun? on 13:31 - Jul 12 with 2540 viewsAntti_Heinola

Balogun? on 13:13 - Jul 12 by toboboly

I would like Clive to ask GA about the reasoning for releasing Masterson because he is much better than Gubbins.

And surely Masterson would have cost less than Balogun in wages and he had a potential sell on value?

I can't see it, sorry mate. He's at his level. He may develop further there and eventually play at Champ level, but it isn't happening now and he's already been with us 3 years or something. Had a great debut, but all youngsters have great debuts. Sadly, adrenaline not enough after a while.

Bare bones.

Balogun? on 13:35 - Jul 12 with 2508 viewstoboboly

Balogun? on 13:31 - Jul 12 by Antti_Heinola

I can't see it, sorry mate. He's at his level. He may develop further there and eventually play at Champ level, but it isn't happening now and he's already been with us 3 years or something. Had a great debut, but all youngsters have great debuts. Sadly, adrenaline not enough after a while.

Maybe, but my point was more that he is better than Gubbins and probably a better option than Balogun not that he is Maldini reborn.

Balogun? on 14:01 - Jul 12 with 2373 viewsderbyhoop

How much have you seen of Gubbins?
I don't think he played much in 1st half last season (injury?)
B team results improved when he was playing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Balogun? on 14:13 - Jul 12 with 2285 viewssimmo

A fuçking stupid idea from the start.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Balogun? on 14:16 - Jul 12 with 2276 viewstoboboly

Balogun? on 14:01 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

How much have you seen of Gubbins?
I don't think he played much in 1st half last season (injury?)
B team results improved when he was playing.

Not a huge amount, but have seen him at Southend and a few U-21 matches. He is going to be 22 in 3 weeks time, he has made 16 first team appearances.

Balogun? on 14:48 - Jul 12 with 2125 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Balogun? on 15:00 - Jul 12 with 2065 viewssparkey

Balogun? on 14:48 - Jul 12 by Hayesender

K unt
Balogun? on 15:01 - Jul 12 with 2055 viewsGaryBannister86

At least it's funny seeing GRangers fans on Twitter saying "we took your manager, now we've taken your best player".

I mean, I know our squad is shockingly weak, but this aged old crook, sorry crock, ain't the best of the sorry bunch by a long way.

Still, total shambles as usual.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 15:01]
Balogun? on 15:04 - Jul 12 with 2026 viewsQPR_John

Balogun? on 11:49 - Jul 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Have I missed something. What's happened to Chair?
Balogun? on 15:04 - Jul 12 with 2023 viewsMick_S

Balogun? on 15:01 - Jul 12 by GaryBannister86

At least it's funny seeing GRangers fans on Twitter saying "we took your manager, now we've taken your best player".

I mean, I know our squad is shockingly weak, but this aged old crook, sorry crock, ain't the best of the sorry bunch by a long way.

Still, total shambles as usual.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 15:01]

Feck me, no problem in my house - have the pair of them and carry on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Balogun? on 15:44 - Jul 12 with 1829 viewsdmm

Could he be a one man 5th column?
Balogun? on 16:25 - Jul 12 with 1691 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Will he stay fit for their four cup finals?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024