Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun? 16:58 - Jul 6 with 23722 viewsstainrods_elbow

Like Mr Martin, it appears that he's been released only to be, er, retained, because - stone the crows - we're a basket case of a club. Regardless, he's currently 'back out on the grass' and apparently working 'incredibly hard' to get fit, according to GA.

I don't really know what to think about the guy - he's 35, seemingly as injury-prone (and sometimes clanger-prone) as they come (to us), and then there was that argy-bargy with the away support last season. On the other hand, he's experienced, internationally credentialled, looked pretty good for a short while under Beale (sorry), and we all know it's likely to be a bit Keystone Kops this year, so maybe it's better the devil we know. Perhaps he could be our Frank McClintock 75-76, or even 76-77. Trust we in GA on this one?

If it were a choice of Martin or Leon, I guess I'd plump for the latter - though I can't help feeling if either of them are the answer(s), we're asking the wrong question.

Sigh!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 17:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Balogun? on 16:30 - Jul 12 with 2814 viewsstantheman10

Balogun is fine for Rangers as they only play 4 games a season anyway
Balogun? on 16:33 - Jul 12 with 2780 viewsNorthantsHoop

Another waster gone, keep going Gareth it will come good.
Balogun? on 16:34 - Jul 12 with 2758 viewsQPROslo

Good luck Leon!
Balogun? on 16:56 - Jul 12 with 2677 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 16:59 - Jul 12 with 2652 viewssparkey

Balogun? on 16:56 - Jul 12 by Northernr

This bloke is up there with Bosingwa for me.
Balogun? on 17:03 - Jul 12 with 2603 viewsHooping_Mad

The man is a parasite

Club thanking him for his 'Service' doesn't sit right with me either.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 17:04]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Balogun? on 17:14 - Jul 12 with 2535 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 17:03 - Jul 12 by Hooping_Mad

The man is a parasite

Club thanking him for his 'Service' doesn't sit right with me either.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 17:04]

TBF to them, I read it in a sarcastic voice.
Balogun? on 17:18 - Jul 12 with 2505 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Balogun? on 15:04 - Jul 12 by QPR_John

Have I missed something. What's happened to Chair?

I seriously doubt Chair will be at the club come September.
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun? on 17:30 - Jul 12 with 2467 viewsHooping_Mad

Balogun? on 17:14 - Jul 12 by Northernr

TBF to them, I read it in a sarcastic voice.

If they can take the p1ss and do sarcasm then hopefully they can fit in some direct coating off of these types moving forward

"We are surprised to announce Leon Balogun has passed a fitness test with Glasgow rangers, and will be completing a move away. Leon will be missed by the Physio, the club doctor and absolutely no one else"

It's a small comfort but he is in Glasgow at least. The home of integrity

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Balogun? on 17:32 - Jul 12 with 2446 viewsted_hendrix

Balogun? on 15:00 - Jul 12 by sparkey

K unt

Lowlife con artist, a skunk a stealing thieving bastard and morally deficient.

Fck off.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Balogun? on 17:35 - Jul 12 with 2418 viewsJigsore

I saw a Rangers fan posting a picture of Balogun smoking a fat cigar. it's interesting what people will and will not put in their body isn't it

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Balogun? on 17:53 - Jul 12 with 2363 viewsLazyFan

A talented player who is always injured.

He thinks a lot of himself as he knows his talented but ... we shall never see it or anyone else as he's always injured.

Talks a lot of nonsense to disguise the fact that he's .. yep ... always injured.

Remember, it was all our fault that he was always injured as he doesn't know his own body despite being ... yep ... always injured.

Give him the Matty Rose Award, he's earned it!

zzzzzzzzzz

Balogun? on 18:04 - Jul 12 with 2313 viewsdistortR

Balogun? on 18:08 - Jul 12 with 2287 viewsBklynRanger

The man is a tit. We move on.
Balogun? on 18:20 - Jul 12 with 2245 viewsdmm

I do believe Beale the shyster said he wouldn't be shopping at QPR. I know Balogun wasn't under contract but still. And I thought it was worth reminding ourselves they're both as mendacious as each other.
Balogun? on 18:47 - Jul 12 with 2139 viewsPunteR

Balogun? on 16:56 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Cretin.
Good riddance.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Balogun? on 19:07 - Jul 12 with 2058 viewsstainrods_elbow

Balogun? on 18:20 - Jul 12 by dmm

I do believe Beale the shyster said he wouldn't be shopping at QPR. I know Balogun wasn't under contract but still. And I thought it was worth reminding ourselves they're both as mendacious as each other.

If the club had a soupcon of pride, we'd be putting up the 'permanently closed' sign if he had the brass neck to come calling. (Or selling him Dykes for £7m+.)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Balogun? on 20:32 - Jul 12 with 1874 viewsconnell10

Balogun? on 16:59 - Jul 12 by sparkey

This bloke is up there with Bosingwa for me.

Total cum stain on Boil faces wet wipe.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Balogun? on 20:32 - Jul 12 with 1868 viewsLogman

Balogun? on 17:53 - Jul 12 by LazyFan

A talented player who is always injured.

He thinks a lot of himself as he knows his talented but ... we shall never see it or anyone else as he's always injured.

Talks a lot of nonsense to disguise the fact that he's .. yep ... always injured.

Remember, it was all our fault that he was always injured as he doesn't know his own body despite being ... yep ... always injured.

Give him the Matty Rose Award, he's earned it!

Talented when in 15 yards of space maybe but anytime he came under pressure he invariably slipped or gave away a penalty (in the early minutes of games if I remember rightly). Plus the biggest crime of all, ambling back when done on the break and absolving responsibility. Good riddance. Him and PBBC are a good match.
Balogun? on 20:39 - Jul 12 with 1846 viewsnumptydumpty

Ok

The thing was it did seem the club had rated him as an individual

Ainsworth had welcomed his experience in the changing room.

The disagreement with fans after he had given away a dreadful penalty to concede almost in minute one was seriously not a good look.

To be fair from the outside the club backed him over that but however way that was dressed up, it was not a good look, and from a player who was decent when he lpayed but like with many last season, he did not play very often.

The stick that Dickie got by way of comparison I believe Balogun got away scot free last season really. I think Dickie left because he was a definite target of the boo boys but he fronted up, played every game, and yes his form was dire like with many but he did not feign injury and at least went out onto the pitch game after game.

I fully expect Dickie to do well at Bristol. Balogun, will be average in an average team in an average league and hardly play.

Was weird though that the club didnt really put out any nice comments about Dickie during the season but towards the end Ainsworth was saying we welcome experienced heads like Leon.

In my eyes we ballsed up there as with a better season I would have fully expected Dickie to improve and be worth something if we took out an extension so that we could still have profitted from him being here. He turned down a new contract as I understnad it.

But we bigged up the dick known as Leon - m

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD FOR ME WITH THAT ONE !!!!!!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 20:40]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Balogun? on 20:41 - Jul 12 with 1842 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 20:39 - Jul 12 by numptydumpty

Ok

The thing was it did seem the club had rated him as an individual

Ainsworth had welcomed his experience in the changing room.

The disagreement with fans after he had given away a dreadful penalty to concede almost in minute one was seriously not a good look.

To be fair from the outside the club backed him over that but however way that was dressed up, it was not a good look, and from a player who was decent when he lpayed but like with many last season, he did not play very often.

The stick that Dickie got by way of comparison I believe Balogun got away scot free last season really. I think Dickie left because he was a definite target of the boo boys but he fronted up, played every game, and yes his form was dire like with many but he did not feign injury and at least went out onto the pitch game after game.

I fully expect Dickie to do well at Bristol. Balogun, will be average in an average team in an average league and hardly play.

Was weird though that the club didnt really put out any nice comments about Dickie during the season but towards the end Ainsworth was saying we welcome experienced heads like Leon.

In my eyes we ballsed up there as with a better season I would have fully expected Dickie to improve and be worth something if we took out an extension so that we could still have profitted from him being here. He turned down a new contract as I understnad it.

But we bigged up the dick known as Leon - m

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD FOR ME WITH THAT ONE !!!!!!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 20:40]

Going out to bat for Balogun as they have done now makes them look a bit daft IMO.
Balogun? on 20:46 - Jul 12 with 1812 viewsnumptydumpty

Balogun? on 20:41 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Going out to bat for Balogun as they have done now makes them look a bit daft IMO.

It does indeed and also why did they allow players such as Dickie to get pelters with no kind of protection whatsoever when they protected players that were way worse and could not care less about the club

I would say in Rob Dickies defence - I have no doubt that he tried his best every time he went out to bat !!!

Balogun? on 20:58 - Jul 12 with 1772 viewsDorse

Balogun will be fondly remembered. I mean, not by us obviously, but someone might. A bit. Maybe.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Balogun? on 21:08 - Jul 12 with 1753 viewsnumptydumpty

Balogun? on 20:58 - Jul 12 by Dorse

Balogun will be fondly remembered. I mean, not by us obviously, but someone might. A bit. Maybe.

Perhaps Tyler Roberts may have had a soft spot for Leon, because it meant that Tyler was occasionally taken off his main duty as hitman target numero uno !!!!

Balogun? on 21:10 - Jul 12 with 1749 viewsLogman

I think Rob Dickie suffered from having 4 managers with different expectations in two seasons. I think he will do well at Bristol because I think Nigel Pearson likes a big orthodox centre back who does what it says on the tin (I'm sure our friend from Bristol will correct me if I'm wrong). It's a shame that he has moved on because GA seemed to get him firing in one or two of the last games and ultimately he helped to keep us in the division (unlike Balogun).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024