Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun? 16:58 - Jul 6 with 23721 viewsstainrods_elbow

Like Mr Martin, it appears that he's been released only to be, er, retained, because - stone the crows - we're a basket case of a club. Regardless, he's currently 'back out on the grass' and apparently working 'incredibly hard' to get fit, according to GA.

I don't really know what to think about the guy - he's 35, seemingly as injury-prone (and sometimes clanger-prone) as they come (to us), and then there was that argy-bargy with the away support last season. On the other hand, he's experienced, internationally credentialled, looked pretty good for a short while under Beale (sorry), and we all know it's likely to be a bit Keystone Kops this year, so maybe it's better the devil we know. Perhaps he could be our Frank McClintock 75-76, or even 76-77. Trust we in GA on this one?

If it were a choice of Martin or Leon, I guess I'd plump for the latter - though I can't help feeling if either of them are the answer(s), we're asking the wrong question.

Sigh!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 17:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Balogun? on 10:00 - Jul 12 with 2398 viewsPunteR

Balogun? on 09:49 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Well as said above it is a PFA stipulation that he stays here for his rehab, fair enough. But I am staggered that we paid to bring him on tour, ahead of players we own and are now having to belatedly fly out. Mad stuff.

This comes back to Balagun though imo. If he's telling Ainsworth he's up for playing this season and giving it the "I'm ready to run through walls for you gaffer". Then I can see why he's probably around still and i cant see how it's the clubs fault to a certain extent if theyve already made a decision to keep him on and give him a 2nd chance.. I mean yeh imo he shouldn't even be around the club at all and we should have kicked him out and changed the locks when he started kicking off with fans.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Balogun? on 10:08 - Jul 12 with 2317 viewsMaggsinho

Before we light the torches and march on Loftus Road are there not PFA rules about rehabilitation of players after injury and contract expiration which we've had to follow?
Balogun? on 10:08 - Jul 12 with 2317 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 10:00 - Jul 12 by PunteR

This comes back to Balagun though imo. If he's telling Ainsworth he's up for playing this season and giving it the "I'm ready to run through walls for you gaffer". Then I can see why he's probably around still and i cant see how it's the clubs fault to a certain extent if theyve already made a decision to keep him on and give him a 2nd chance.. I mean yeh imo he shouldn't even be around the club at all and we should have kicked him out and changed the locks when he started kicking off with fans.

Well, like I say, I do hope the 'debate' on Leon Balogun's contribution and character is settled now.
Balogun? on 10:09 - Jul 12 with 2313 viewsMonkey_Roots

Balogun? on 09:49 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Well as said above it is a PFA stipulation that he stays here for his rehab, fair enough. But I am staggered that we paid to bring him on tour, ahead of players we own and are now having to belatedly fly out. Mad stuff.

It is mad.

Please god, someone take hold of the reigns and make some smart decisions - we really look daft as feck.
Balogun? on 10:09 - Jul 12 with 2309 viewsAntti_Heinola

That's the only explanation I can think of too, Punter: that despite what the club said they were planning on signing him. Baffling that Ainsworth would be so naive as to be taken in by him. And then suddenly Beale gets on the blower again and he's off.
Makes us look very stupid.

Bare bones.

Balogun? on 10:11 - Jul 12 with 2292 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 10:09 - Jul 12 by Antti_Heinola

That's the only explanation I can think of too, Punter: that despite what the club said they were planning on signing him. Baffling that Ainsworth would be so naive as to be taken in by him. And then suddenly Beale gets on the blower again and he's off.
Makes us look very stupid.

The Beale and Rangers sections in the minutes from 'tea at the training ground' make hilarious reading if he is indeed going back there with beale.
Balogun? on 10:13 - Jul 12 with 2252 viewsMonkey_Roots

Balogun? on 10:11 - Jul 12 by Northernr

The Beale and Rangers sections in the minutes from 'tea at the training ground' make hilarious reading if he is indeed going back there with beale.

I'm not really a vindictive person as a rule, but I really hate Beale and hope that it all blows up in his stupid boil-ridden face.
Balogun? on 10:14 - Jul 12 with 2240 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

This bloke has literally averaged 15 first team league games per season since 2009.

He must have some sort of Derren Brown-esque psychological superpower of convincing football managers he'll be a worthwhile signing. Ainsworth isn't the first one to fall for it. This is the third time Beale has.

Absolutely incredible.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 10:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun? on 10:17 - Jul 12 with 2219 viewsHoopsie

I don’t think the club is stupid. I don’t think Ainsworth is stupid. Club may be oblige to rehabilitate injured players especially if they misdiagnosed his injury. I think perhaps he was plan z if he does get back to fitness club may consider giving him a contract so stuck with him a bit. Of course until such time as he did find a club, he’ll go and club relinquish their obligation. Now it is to rangers that they can get this sick note operational.

Balogun - Betterbegone!

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Balogun? on 10:17 - Jul 12 with 2211 viewspaulparker

With a bit of luck old boil face may want JCS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Balogun? on 10:25 - Jul 12 with 2153 viewsdaveB

I'm struggling to see what the club have done wrong here. They've kept him around to see if they want to keep him on and he's decided to leave at the first opportunity, It's all on him really. Been a disaster of a signing from the start, think it's done us a favour long term as he would have been on decent money and not played much next season
Balogun? on 10:27 - Jul 12 with 2134 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 10:25 - Jul 12 by daveB

I'm struggling to see what the club have done wrong here. They've kept him around to see if they want to keep him on and he's decided to leave at the first opportunity, It's all on him really. Been a disaster of a signing from the start, think it's done us a favour long term as he would have been on decent money and not played much next season

What they've done wrong is kept faith with him, gone out to bat for him on several occasions with the manager hanging his hat and reputation on him, even held a training ground summit at his behest, taken him on an Austrian tour to get fit on our time and money... when every shred of evidence he's offered up in return has suggested this faith was misplaced.
Balogun? on 10:29 - Jul 12 with 2114 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Balogun? on 10:25 - Jul 12 by daveB

Dave I think your last sentence answers your first one.
Balogun? on 10:37 - Jul 12 with 2034 viewsdaveB

Balogun? on 10:27 - Jul 12 by Northernr

What they've done wrong is kept faith with him, gone out to bat for him on several occasions with the manager hanging his hat and reputation on him, even held a training ground summit at his behest, taken him on an Austrian tour to get fit on our time and money... when every shred of evidence he's offered up in return has suggested this faith was misplaced.

Agree with you on the training round summit which was madness but they did release him last season but due to him having to stay to get fit they had a centre half who can do a job for us in the building so can see why they tried to keep him involved in case other targets fall through.

I've got no issue with him going to Austria, when Ainsworth was a player you had a scenario where senior players like Bircham were left behind from a pre season tour as the manager didn't want them anymore, it caused a massive issue in the changing room especially when those senior players were back in the team soon after as the replacements were dreadful. If you want to create this feeling of unity and an all in in together culture you can't leave senior players behind even in this scenario where he possibly wasn't going to stay.

There are several players on that tour who won't kick a ball for us this season from kids to senior players like Willock but you work with what you've got in trying to create this kind of culture.
Balogun? on 10:38 - Jul 12 with 2021 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 10:37 - Jul 12 by daveB

Agree with you on the training round summit which was madness but they did release him last season but due to him having to stay to get fit they had a centre half who can do a job for us in the building so can see why they tried to keep him involved in case other targets fall through.

I've got no issue with him going to Austria, when Ainsworth was a player you had a scenario where senior players like Bircham were left behind from a pre season tour as the manager didn't want them anymore, it caused a massive issue in the changing room especially when those senior players were back in the team soon after as the replacements were dreadful. If you want to create this feeling of unity and an all in in together culture you can't leave senior players behind even in this scenario where he possibly wasn't going to stay.

There are several players on that tour who won't kick a ball for us this season from kids to senior players like Willock but you work with what you've got in trying to create this kind of culture.

Perhaps. And, look, I admit, I hated the signing to begin with so maybe that colours my view. I think he's just made us, and Ainsworth, look a bit fcking stupid.
Balogun? on 10:39 - Jul 12 with 2013 viewsRs_Holy

bye bye Leon .... so sad you're leaving ....
Balogun? on 10:39 - Jul 12 with 2006 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Balogun? on 10:27 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Balogun? on 10:46 - Jul 12 with 1971 viewsbosh67

It is a curious one because when Beale started and Balogun played he looked the best player on the pitch for a number of games. But then when he got injured and Beale left it was very different. His allegiance is obviously with Beale.

For me the weird thing was getting rid of Masterson when he did well for Gillingham on loan and not really giving Gubbins a chance, given that he appears to have something.

I understand being allowed to stay on to get fit but he has clearly used his contract rights till the last knockings to get us to pay for it all.

For me the defence is looking even scarily more sparse than the striker problem. With 3 weeks? to go before the new season, having one fit recognised CB in the squad, one recognised fit striker in the squad and no idea if Willock or Chair are staying feels more than ominous.

Compare this squad to previous ones that have struggled and lurched mid table and the current squad is pretty feeble.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Balogun? on 10:46 - Jul 12 with 1967 viewslave16

Balogun? on 10:39 - Jul 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Can see this from both sides we hadn't offered him a contract and he's 35 gets a 1year deal anywhere he's gone - needs to make a living. From our side we are not sure he's fit so haven't offered him a contract - leaves some wage room for someone younger with possibly a chance of selling them on in years to come.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Balogun? on 10:48 - Jul 12 with 1940 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 10:46 - Jul 12 by bosh67

It is a curious one because when Beale started and Balogun played he looked the best player on the pitch for a number of games. But then when he got injured and Beale left it was very different. His allegiance is obviously with Beale.

For me the weird thing was getting rid of Masterson when he did well for Gillingham on loan and not really giving Gubbins a chance, given that he appears to have something.

I understand being allowed to stay on to get fit but he has clearly used his contract rights till the last knockings to get us to pay for it all.

For me the defence is looking even scarily more sparse than the striker problem. With 3 weeks? to go before the new season, having one fit recognised CB in the squad, one recognised fit striker in the squad and no idea if Willock or Chair are staying feels more than ominous.

Compare this squad to previous ones that have struggled and lurched mid table and the current squad is pretty feeble.

I mean apart from left back we're short everywhere currently aren't we? Still six weeks of transfer window left. If we try and do a season with the squad as it is now (we won't) then we wouldn't make double figures in points.
Balogun? on 10:49 - Jul 12 with 1934 viewsdaveB

Balogun? on 10:38 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Perhaps. And, look, I admit, I hated the signing to begin with so maybe that colours my view. I think he's just made us, and Ainsworth, look a bit fcking stupid.

will be interesting to see what Ainsworth has to say about it, I'm glad he's gone to be honest just think criticism of the club for this is a bit harsh
Balogun? on 10:52 - Jul 12 with 1882 viewsNorthernr

Balogun? on 10:49 - Jul 12 by daveB

will be interesting to see what Ainsworth has to say about it, I'm glad he's gone to be honest just think criticism of the club for this is a bit harsh

Summer sit down with the gaffer booked in for next week...
Balogun? on 10:57 - Jul 12 with 1826 viewstoboboly

Balogun? on 09:05 - Jul 12 by Northernr

But why are we leaving them at home in the first place, to take him with us instead, to get fit on our time, to go and play for somebody else - possibly even Mick Beale? I thought it was about "people who wanted to play for QPR"?

I'm incredulous. But I've been that about Balogun from the moment he walked through the door.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Nail. On. Mutha. Fcking. Head.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Balogun? on 10:58 - Jul 12 with 1821 viewsngbqpr

Balogun? on 10:13 - Jul 12 by Monkey_Roots

I'm not really a vindictive person as a rule, but I really hate Beale and hope that it all blows up in his stupid boil-ridden face.

You and me both Monkey.

I'm pretty mellow by nature - especially when it comes to Rangers, where I learned many years ago a quick eye roll at the latest misplaced pass or wry grin at another set piece concession was far better for my wellbeing than frothing at the mouth.

And I've not been in anything remotely close to a fight for 45 years.

But Beale I'd happily knock his fkin lights out given half a chance, having first pinned him to the wall for a rant about what he did to our club.

For various historical / family reasons (+ of course the hoops) I've always leaned towards Celtic - I'm now a rabid fan.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Balogun? on 11:27 - Jul 12 with 1687 viewsdaveB

Balogun? on 10:52 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Summer sit down with the gaffer booked in for next week...

good luck, that is going to be a good one
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024