Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cody Johnson recalled 16:31 - Aug 7 with 14965 viewsdawlishdale

Hearing that Stockport have recalled Cody Johnson.
If true , it seems unusual to say the least.
Leaves us very light in central midfield, as imho , he did well in pre season games.
Cody Johnson recalled on 12:08 - Aug 8 with 3563 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 10:46 - Aug 8 by electricblue

The wages that will be saved on O'Donnell, Graham, Mullarkey, Ball, Kelly, Lloyd, Odoh, Brierley, Bennett, Diagouraga based upon an average wage of £2k a week each should be £1m over this season
Then there is Charman and Malley average on wages of £1,500 pr week saving about £150k a year..
Total saving per month this season is £100k with an annual saving of £1.2m..

Is this £1.2m being used to service last season debt!

The 5 loan players: Seriki, Mellor, Dodgson, Eastwood, Quigley i presume that Dale would have paid a wages percentage..
I could not gauge how much a percentage Dale where paying..

The actual elephant in the room and ive mentioned it many times is the 100+ non football staff at the club...

That seriously needs addressing to help get the club....

How do you know the players' wages?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cody Johnson recalled on 12:56 - Aug 8 with 3416 viewsAlwaysADale

The wages that will be saved on O'Donnell, Graham, Mullarkey, Ball, Kelly, Lloyd, Odoh, Brierley, Bennett, Diagouraga based upon an average wage of £2k a week each should be £1m over this season
Then there is Charman and Malley average on wages of £1,500 pr week saving about £150k a year..

The 5 loan players: Seriki, Mellor, Dodgson, Eastwood, Quigley i presume that Dale would have paid a wages percentage..

The actual elephant in the room and ive mentioned it many times is the 100+ non football staff at the club...

How do you know there are over 100+ non playing staff?

Can you give us a breakdown?
Cody Johnson recalled on 13:18 - Aug 8 with 3326 viewselectricblue

What is with a the questions!

Read other topics on the forum posted during the past week to 10days...

As for wages just an average guess...

Want to know more!
Then try askiing the BoD they my help or not......

Read other

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Cody Johnson recalled on 13:24 - Aug 8 with 3298 viewsAlwaysADale

Cody Johnson recalled on 13:18 - Aug 8 by electricblue

Want to know more!

Read other

The question is simply because you're the one who mentions 100+ non playing staff. I wondered where you got those numbers and how that breaks down into departments, to help people understand if that's a necessary amount or not.

So... where do you get that information from?
Cody Johnson recalled on 13:59 - Aug 8 with 3198 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 13:18 - Aug 8 by electricblue

Want to know more!

Read other

Keep trying....

Cody Johnson recalled on 14:21 - Aug 8 with 3148 viewsjonahwhereru

You may be able to show me otherwise, but I think it is very unlikely the players you mentioned had an average wage of 2k. Graham, Odoh, Bennett, Lloyd and I believe Kelly were all unattached or trialists when we signed them.
Ryan Mc in his day signed for less than a 1k a week when he was without a club (I know many thought that was to much for the number of games he played)
Some of the others you mentioned must have been on over 2.5k for your figures to be correct.
I know Hendo, Done and O’Connell were on 3k plus at the height of their earnings, but that sort of wage bracket was when we were in L1 and those sorts contacts are a thing of the past.
Cody Johnson recalled on 19:02 - Aug 8 with 2841 views442Dale

Johnson starts for Stockport tonight.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cody Johnson recalled on 19:59 - Aug 8 with 2739 viewsDale69er

Cody Johnson recalled on 17:15 - Aug 7 by EllDale

Bit disastrous this. SAJ is now the only alternative to Clayton and Gilmour is this area.
I hope it isn't because he wasn't starting games!

'cuse my ignorance, but who is SAJ?
Login to get fewer ads

Cody Johnson recalled on 20:03 - Aug 8 with 2731 viewsEllDale

Jimmy Keohane aka Swiss Army Jim.
Cody Johnson recalled on 20:06 - Aug 8 with 2716 viewsDale69er

Cody Johnson recalled on 20:03 - Aug 8 by EllDale

Jimmy Keohane aka Swiss Army Jim.

Ta.
Cody Johnson recalled on 20:23 - Aug 8 with 2668 viewsEllDale

Cody Johnson recalled on 19:02 - Aug 8 by 442Dale

Johnson starts for Stockport tonight.

Looking at various teams tonight I also noticed that ROD is playing for Blackpool at Derby and has been given the number one squad number.
Perhaps uncharitably I’d thought that he might have been signed as cover but obviously not.
Cody Johnson recalled on 20:29 - Aug 8 with 2643 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 20:23 - Aug 8 by EllDale

Looking at various teams tonight I also noticed that ROD is playing for Blackpool at Derby and has been given the number one squad number.
Perhaps uncharitably I’d thought that he might have been signed as cover but obviously not.

He was on the bench on Saturday for their league game.

Cody Johnson recalled on 20:47 - Aug 8 with 2596 viewsD_Alien

Cody Johnson recalled on 20:23 - Aug 8 by EllDale

Good to see Jake Beesley getting starts now, and he's just knocked in a couple first half

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:26 - Aug 8 with 2482 viewsfermin

Cody Johnson recalled on 13:24 - Aug 8 by AlwaysADale

The question is simply because you're the one who mentions 100+ non playing staff. I wondered where you got those numbers and how that breaks down into departments, to help people understand if that's a necessary amount or not.

So... where do you get that information from?

The annual report for YE22 says that the average number of employees in that year was 138 - see page 17 of the report on https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

It does not say what kind of employees these are. A lot might be as and when employees like bar staff, for example, and there might be a pool of them used when required or available. Previous years' reports give more of a breakdown on income/expenditure categories and split of employees, so in YE2020 there were 135 employees split as follows:

17 admin and office staff
38 players and coaching staff
25 bar and cleaning staff
55 other

Based on reports from YE12 to YE19 players' wages made up 80% to 85% of the wage bill if I extracted the figures from them correctly. Assuming a similar split now means that if you want to cut the wage bill then the players are the bigger earners (which is not a real suprise).
Cody Johnson recalled on 07:27 - Aug 9 with 2214 viewsJames1980

Cody Johnson recalled on 21:26 - Aug 8 by fermin

The annual report for YE22 says that the average number of employees in that year was 138 - see page 17 of the report on https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

It does not say what kind of employees these are. A lot might be as and when employees like bar staff, for example, and there might be a pool of them used when required or available. Previous years' reports give more of a breakdown on income/expenditure categories and split of employees, so in YE2020 there were 135 employees split as follows:

55 other

Based on reports from YE12 to YE19 players' wages made up 80% to 85% of the wage bill if I extracted the figures from them correctly. Assuming a similar split now means that if you want to cut the wage bill then the players are the bigger earners (which is not a real suprise).

One of the figures that shocked me is on page 24 leasing agreements in the previous accounts they were over half a million pounds in the recent accounts they dropped to £157K

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Cody Johnson recalled on 08:33 - Aug 9 with 2140 viewselectricblue

55 other

Thanks for that info Fermin.........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Cody Johnson recalled on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 1931 viewsAlwaysADale

55 other

Thanks for looking into it and coming back to me. I wasn't aware it had that information included.

I look at those figures and think that's not unreasonable though, especially when including players.

A quick look through the past few years shows it's a similar operating level each year. It's a shame the 'Other' isn't documented better, but I don't think the number of staff are excessively high for running a football club and there has been a slimming down recently.

For comparison, Oldham have double the amount of employees on their accounts over the past few years.

There are many things that the club should rightfully being beaten over the head with, just this one kept needling me as we need staff, we probably need more staff as teams are stretched so thin (so the errors happen and slip through in publications etc).
Cody Johnson recalled on 14:19 - Aug 10 with 1366 viewsNorthernDale

This is according to the 72 today, in connection to Cody Johnson,

Challinor has provided this update on his situation, as per the official club YouTube channel: “We’ll make a decision amongst the staff in terms of what the next plan is with him. We’ll speak to Rochdale because I know they’re still keen to have him back with them and if that’s the right thing to do then so be it.”

perhaps, there may be conditions in terms of game time.
Cody Johnson recalled on 14:31 - Aug 10 with 1344 viewsTalkingSutty

Cody Johnson recalled on 14:19 - Aug 10 by NorthernDale

This is according to the 72 today, in connection to Cody Johnson,

Challinor has provided this update on his situation, as per the official club YouTube channel: “We’ll make a decision amongst the staff in terms of what the next plan is with him. We’ll speak to Rochdale because I know they’re still keen to have him back with them and if that’s the right thing to do then so be it.”

perhaps, there may be conditions in terms of game time.

According to Stockport fans he was the best player on the pitch against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday and marked Barry Bannan out of the game.
Cody Johnson recalled on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 1302 viewsJames1980

Cody Johnson recalled on 14:31 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

According to Stockport fans he was the best player on the pitch against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday and marked Barry Bannan out of the game.

How did he perform in the pre season friendlies for us?

Cody Johnson recalled on 15:03 - Aug 10 with 1277 viewsTalkingSutty

Cody Johnson recalled on 14:43 - Aug 10 by James1980

How did he perform in the pre season friendlies for us?

Excellently apparently.
Cody Johnson recalled on 15:08 - Aug 10 with 1263 viewsJames1980

Cody Johnson recalled on 15:03 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

Excellently apparently.

Perhaps Stockport had someone tracking his performance and decided he was too good to be loaned out.

Cody Johnson recalled on 15:34 - Aug 10 with 1196 viewsTVOS1907

Cody Johnson recalled on 15:08 - Aug 10 by James1980

Perhaps Stockport had someone tracking his performance and decided he was too good to be loaned out.

They've had injuries in midfield, most notably to Camps.

Cody Johnson recalled on 15:58 - Aug 10 with 1155 viewsJames1980

Cody Johnson recalled on 15:34 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

They've had injuries in midfield, most notably to Camps.

Fair point, I guess that in those circumstances they would recall a player who has performed well unless he was the only midfielder on loan of course.

Cody Johnson recalled on 16:48 - Aug 10 with 1049 viewsEllDale

Incoming signing announcement imminent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024