Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
vs Gateshead - match thread 20:07 - Oct 24 with 25691 viewsRAFCBLUE

Pitch looks ok.

1-0 up

And we still have idiots with smoke bombs.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 2340 views442Dale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 21:56 - Oct 24 by Trev

Well done for taking a positive out of it.

Got to try and find some. The club is meandering with little known direction, so if we can somehow find a positive in blowing a two goal lead by saying that Gateshead were nailed on to win with 25 minutes late, then it’s something.

Go back to pre season, would we have taken 21 points after 17 games? That’s where I am, even if it’s obvious we could be doing much better.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:07 - Oct 24 with 2269 viewsSandyman

vs Gateshead - match thread on 21:55 - Oct 24 by Trev

14 games without a clean sheet.

Two wins from 9 at home.
vs Gateshead - match thread (n/t) on 22:11 - Oct 24 with 2220 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

vs Gateshead - match thread (n/t) on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 2213 viewsRodingdale

vs Gateshead - match thread (n/t) on 22:11 - Oct 24 by James1980

Even James is speechless
vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:15 - Oct 24 with 2190 viewslove_the_dale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 21:39 - Oct 24 by Luke8686

Have gateshead had a man sent off? BBC and sky reporting it but not on either teams' twitter

"I don't know, Jeff." Kammie, April 2020.

"I saw him going off, but I though he was being subbed"! Great man.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:17 - Oct 24 with 2174 viewslove_the_dale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:15 - Oct 24 by love_the_dale

"I don't know, Jeff." Kammie, April 2020.

"I saw him going off, but I though he was being subbed"! Great man.

t
vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 2091 viewsdingdangblue

Very refreshing to see Gateshead leave 2 players forward when we had corners. I thought that wasn't allowed anymore! Very welcome point against an excellent Gateshead team - proving you can be a possession based team and still pass quickly and get the ball forward in a positive manner.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:25 - Oct 24 with 2084 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 21:49 - Oct 24 by EllDale

Olley sent off for Gateshead as well. 78 minutes according to PA.

Not according to my eyes, he wasn't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:28 - Oct 24 with 2059 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 21:19 - Oct 24 by RAFCBLUE

2-2.

If you asked a neutral what position our manager used to play, you would struggle to say defender.

Cue the inevitable 25 minutes of hanging on, causing our own downfall and the Gateshead winner in the last 10 minutes to lose a game we were comfortably 2-0 up in.

Keith Hill was a defender yet for the majority of his time as manager, we were an attacking, positive side who won more matches than we lost, often scoring a number of goals out of keeping with having a defender in charge.

Vic Halom was a striker, yet we didn't score more goals than the opposition in most of his matches as manager.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 22:33]

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:36 - Oct 24 with 2012 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 21:52 - Oct 24 by 442Dale

Losing a two goal lead is going to be the main talking point I’m sure, but to hold out and get a point when we have so little options to change tired players is a positive. Also, as well as we played first half, Gateshead would probably have been disappointed to have gone in two down.

Not sure why we aren’t using McDermott.

Oduroh also has five yellow cards now, if my figures are correct, so he will probably be suspended on Saturday.

What's Simon Copeland up to these days?

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 1989 viewsRAFCBLUE

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:28 - Oct 24 by TVOS1907

Keith Hill was a defender yet for the majority of his time as manager, we were an attacking, positive side who won more matches than we lost, often scoring a number of goals out of keeping with having a defender in charge.

Vic Halom was a striker, yet we didn't score more goals than the opposition in most of his matches as manager.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 22:33]

Both true TVOS.

But when was the last time in league competition we conceded 2 goals or more for six consecutive league games and what was the equivalent point haul?

We've now conceded 14 in the last six league games and have just 3 points from 18 to show for it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:39 - Oct 24 with 1973 viewsEllDale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:25 - Oct 24 by TVOS1907

Not according to my eyes, he wasn't.

I know they’re only as good as the person passing on the info who’s live at the ground but it’s a beggar when PA get it wrong.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:50 - Oct 24 with 1894 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:38 - Oct 24 by RAFCBLUE

Both true TVOS.

But when was the last time in league competition we conceded 2 goals or more for six consecutive league games and what was the equivalent point haul?

We've now conceded 14 in the last six league games and have just 3 points from 18 to show for it.

I'm sure you can look that up yourself, but it might have been when the previous two managers were in office for all we know.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 22:53]

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:55 - Oct 24 with 1859 viewsBarrowdale

Explain why we’ve brought Mcdermott here but dont play him whilst the 11 on the pitch have given up? Second half was much less……. Spineless, clueless brainless and useless.
Why not give Kelly 15 mins. Jez barely moved in the second half. Ffs press their 2 centre halves, it was fking obvious. Mitchell just stood the whole half staring at their no 6 and pointing!!
Utter sh1 te
vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:57 - Oct 24 with 1842 views442Dale

Both true TVOS.

What would you suggest is the best route forward to address this situation?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:02 - Oct 24 with 1796 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:55 - Oct 24 by Barrowdale

Explain why we’ve brought Mcdermott here but dont play him whilst the 11 on the pitch have given up? Second half was much less……. Spineless, clueless brainless and useless.
Why not give Kelly 15 mins. Jez barely moved in the second half. Ffs press their 2 centre halves, it was fking obvious. Mitchell just stood the whole half staring at their no 6 and pointing!!
Utter sh1 te

It's totally unfair to say they had given up; they were just completely knackered and overrun by more than decent opposition.

Yes, McDermott perhaps could have come on, but who else to improve the performance?

Kelly is a goalkeeper, by the way.

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:05 - Oct 24 with 1776 viewsBrierls

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:55 - Oct 24 by Barrowdale

Utter sh1 te

I’m not sure bringing on the reserve keeper would have helped tbf.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:12 - Oct 24 with 1732 views49thseason

Nevett got a whack on his left knee tonight, Hayes is due to go back at the end,of next week, Taylor's confidence looks shot, clearly Rodney isnt going to play. Is Clayton fit or trying to play carrying an injury? Oduroh will be suspended.
The whole team looked like it had drunk its Horlicks at half time, sleepy and ready for bed....God knows what McNulty said to them but its clearly not having the desired effect. All the pace had gone, they just stood off and got run over, no movement, no intent. Clearly they can only manage 45 minutes, its just a toss up as to if its the first half or the second. 9 home games, 9 points and the dismal Tuesday nights continue. We are now at the point of having to score twice to even think of picking up a point. Things is looking grim.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:13 - Oct 24 with 1724 viewsBarrowdale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:05 - Oct 24 by Brierls

I’m not sure bringing on the reserve keeper would have helped tbf.

Gene Kelly would have been an improvement tbh
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:13 - Oct 24 with 1720 viewspioneer

Both true TVOS.

2 or more conceded last 12 games of the Eyre/Coleman season….2 wins and 2 draws.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:21 - Oct 24 with 1687 viewsTalkingSutty

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:02 - Oct 24 by TVOS1907

It's totally unfair to say they had given up; they were just completely knackered and overrun by more than decent opposition.

Yes, McDermott perhaps could have come on, but who else to improve the performance?

Kelly is a goalkeeper, by the way.

Enjoyable game that tonight and sometimes people forget there is another team on the pitch who are also entitled to have periods in the game when they will create chances. Gateshead played some lovely football and are obviously a well drilled unit,comfortable with the ball at their feet and when it's not they move into space to receive it, they don't stand still. We pressurised them in possession and played with energy ourselves during the first half, took our chances and Gateshead managed to find ways of missing the target when it seemed easier to score.
The second half was different, we ran out of steam and couldn't get close enough to them, they scored two good goals and came close to snatching it but so did we when Jez had two late chances. In a ideal world we would have had more quality options on the bench to make earlier changes and inject some energy but we don't. Overall a draw was the right result and when you factor everything in it was a good point against a team that I think will finish in a play off place. The players deserve some credit for sticking with it tonight.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:29 - Oct 24 with 1657 viewsNorthernDale

To be fair Gateshead are a good team, with pace and ability, they could have scored four tonight. Rochdale played well in the first half, but second half we sat back and allowed Gateshead to dominate the game. Crucially the team to reverted to style pedestrian passing backwards football in the second half, why do we make problems for ourselves by passing the ball backwards and even worse, we passing the ball on the edge of our penalty box, sometimes we got away with it, I lost count of the times we lost the ball by p*ssing around with the ball and this down to McNulty.

Yes, the squad is paper thin, but I am beginning to think that McNulty is part of the problem, in that the team is coached to play the pedestrian football style.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:39 - Oct 24 with 1629 viewsD_Alien

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:29 - Oct 24 by NorthernDale

To be fair Gateshead are a good team, with pace and ability, they could have scored four tonight. Rochdale played well in the first half, but second half we sat back and allowed Gateshead to dominate the game. Crucially the team to reverted to style pedestrian passing backwards football in the second half, why do we make problems for ourselves by passing the ball backwards and even worse, we passing the ball on the edge of our penalty box, sometimes we got away with it, I lost count of the times we lost the ball by p*ssing around with the ball and this down to McNulty.

Yes, the squad is paper thin, but I am beginning to think that McNulty is part of the problem, in that the team is coached to play the pedestrian football style.

Begs the question: how are we supposed to play high tempo for 90 or 100+ minutes when we're carrying injuries and otherwise knackered?

The fortnight's break can't come soon enough, and anything from the Hartlepool game will be a bonus

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:48 - Oct 24 with 1577 viewsNorthernDale

If it was just tonight, I would accept it, but it is the same thing week in, week out and it is costing us.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:52 - Oct 24 with 1567 viewsRAFCBLUE

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024