Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr 100% Norwich thread 21:34 - Nov 24 with 44740 viewscolinallcars

Proud of my 100% record - well, it's one out of one.
Still, rainbows I'm inclined to pursue so I'll go for a long awaited win and gee'd up by Clives desciption of Norwich's poor form.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:25 - Nov 25 with 2636 viewsMedwayR

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:11 - Nov 25 by stainrods_elbow

Give me strength! Name me one game, one, where them being on the pitch at the same time has looked even promising! Dykes is done at QPR, ands Armstrong is a hulk of a winger who might score 3-5 goals this season if we're lucky. He just about warrants a place on the bnech right now, but that's it.

In the words of Edwyn Collins, as far as our 'strike force' goes, it's a case of 'rip it up and start again'!

You can't "rip it up and start again" outside of the transfer window, so in the meantime try to find a solution, they've rarely been on the pitch at the same time so got to be worth a try.

Poll: Who’s better?

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:27 - Nov 25 with 2605 viewsDeanoMD

Still on course to go down despite some improvement in how we play.

I could go on for hours about where we are poor but its all been said before for several seasons now.....sigh.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:39 - Nov 25 with 2527 viewsdavman

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:54 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

That's a fugging ridiculous yellow card by Cook.
Scadalous.

I don't like any of the "experienced" players Ainsworth bought in except Morgan Fox - Cook and Colback brain dead, just want to pick up stoopid cards and probably cost us more than the other players and Begovic is sooooooo clearly here for his GK school and NOTHING else. He just continues to go through the motions, administering no bollockings despite the crap unfolding in front of him.

...and all the crap on here about Chair - arrrgghhhh! No-one moves in front of him, no-one. The entire "forward" line just stands still, no runs, no movement, no guile. Yes Illy held on too long a few times, but would you really cross when you have Dykes the Lamppost in the middle?
Still, its just opinions, like assholes everyone has one...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:42 - Nov 25 with 2518 viewsSK_hoops

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:58 - Nov 25 by Ned_Kennedys

You’ve posted a few times on this thread implying that Chair is our best player and our best chance of staying up: he really isn’t and has had a terrible season in the main. Cifuentes has got to work out how to get him playing much better starting with looking up and passing more.

So many people must have told him that though, yet it still happens.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:42 - Nov 25 with 2514 viewseastside_r

I think there are signs of improvement.

We've gone from inept to ineffective.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:07 - Nov 25 with 2357 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:42 - Nov 25 by eastside_r

Best Post of the night, and sums us up perfectly.

Also QPR apparently stands for Queer Platonic Relationship. Never knew that until Google sent me in the wrong direction!
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:34 - Nov 25 with 2237 viewsJAY

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:31 - Nov 25 by VancouverHoop

Did Dykes go off injured or just not doing much?

It's hard to know for sure from watching the feed. Optimistically I think maybe he does a lot off the ball that isn't evident on-screen. I hope so anyway!

Not sure he offers anything on the ball or off it. If I’m a centre back in this league and I see I’m up against dykes this week then I’m laughing. Another awful day for him. Would sell up and take what you can get in January but it won’t happen.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:38 - Nov 25 with 2220 viewsDorse

Right. I've had a few beers, watched John Wick 4 and slightly chilled out a bit.

My takeaway from today is this:
1. We are so much better than we were. We have a shape, we look well-drilled. Fcuk, there might even be a plan!
2. Colback is an utter, utter, UTTER fcuktard. For THIS we got rid of Dom?! Fcuking shoot me.
3. Chair is trying to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune and play it. How can we get the best out of him? Because I'm not convinced with him playing wide.
4. Our right side (Ossie, EDB and Willock) in the first half looked lovely. Not sure how that'll pan out but it looked like there was something coming together there. Add Reggie?
5. Fag paper between us winning and losing. Better than under Gaz where we'd have been stuffed and mounted by half time.
6. EDB - loving his work. More please.
7. All that being said, we could use John Wick up front. That bloke knows how to hit the target.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:40 - Nov 25 with 2188 viewsDamo1962

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:34 - Nov 25 by Northolt_Rs

We’ve got 10 points from a possible 51 …..so, it would be miraculous for us to get 7 points out of the next 9.

Be lucky to get one. Think it will finally dawn on some, after these next few games, that there aren't three teams worse than us...even Sheff Weds could probably beat these losers.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:41 - Nov 25 with 2188 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:42 - Nov 25 by eastside_r

Sums it up in a nutshell. Their are clear improvements in organisation, tactics, and style of play. Ultimately, however, the team remains toothless up front. Marti really has his work cut out.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:49 - Nov 25 with 2149 viewsterryb

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:47 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not watching the game just reading this thread so no idea how he’s playing but people are crazy if they think Chair should be dropped and isn’t the only slither of hope we have for staying up.

I think today reached a new high in Chair refusing to part with the ball, especially in the first half.

After turning inside early on & managing to have a shot (easily saved), he insisted on attempting that all the time. Ignoring Paal outside of him, ignoring trying to go outside the defender & ignoring playing the ball into the area.

Would they have achieved anything better? Possibly not, but they wouldn't have achieved less!
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:54 - Nov 25 with 2121 viewsterryb

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 by lassel

Hard disagree.

Kakay being anywhere near the field is symptomatic of the rot that has set in at QPR.

Kakay was our best defender! The distribution from Cook & Dunne was awful.

The only two players who tried to go past Norwich defenders on the outside were Kakay & Paal.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 2108 viewsterryb

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 by lassel

Hard disagree.

Kakay being anywhere near the field is symptomatic of the rot that has set in at QPR.

My apologies. I hit the like arrow by mistake!
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:04 - Nov 25 with 2037 viewsLblock

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:40 - Nov 25 by Damo1962

Be lucky to get one. Think it will finally dawn on some, after these next few games, that there aren't three teams worse than us...even Sheff Weds could probably beat these losers.

Amen

And the band played on……

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:15 - Nov 25 with 1986 viewsSK_hoops

We are now the second lowest scoring team in the football league after Cheltenham. Not counting the prem as they have played less games.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:28 - Nov 25 with 1899 viewsParkRoyalR

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:15 - Nov 25 by SK_hoops

We are now the second lowest scoring team in the football league after Cheltenham. Not counting the prem as they have played less games.

Be interesting to see if we occupy the same or lower position for chances created?
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:49 - Nov 25 with 1824 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:15 - Nov 25 by SK_hoops

Fcking hell. Nearly outshone by a racecourse.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 22:48 - Nov 25 with 1646 viewsSK_hoops

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 21:49 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fcking hell. Nearly outshone by a racecourse.

You're just a racecourse in Gloucestershire.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 23:14 - Nov 25 with 1569 viewsThe_Beast1976

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 20:49 - Nov 25 by terryb

I think today reached a new high in Chair refusing to part with the ball, especially in the first half.

After turning inside early on & managing to have a shot (easily saved), he insisted on attempting that all the time. Ignoring Paal outside of him, ignoring trying to go outside the defender & ignoring playing the ball into the area.

Would they have achieved anything better? Possibly not, but they wouldn't have achieved less!

^This

I think it may be a good thing if he is moved on in January. He ignores the obvious pass and continually just turns inside straight into 3 or 4 defenders. Way too greedy (or idiotic?). He plays his own part in this shambolic squad. We need a few more (him, Willock, Dykes, Dunne) moved on ASAP.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 23:19]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 23:20 - Nov 25 with 1537 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:39 - Nov 25 by davman

I don't like any of the "experienced" players Ainsworth bought in except Morgan Fox - Cook and Colback brain dead, just want to pick up stoopid cards and probably cost us more than the other players and Begovic is sooooooo clearly here for his GK school and NOTHING else. He just continues to go through the motions, administering no bollockings despite the crap unfolding in front of him.

...and all the crap on here about Chair - arrrgghhhh! No-one moves in front of him, no-one. The entire "forward" line just stands still, no runs, no movement, no guile. Yes Illy held on too long a few times, but would you really cross when you have Dykes the Lamppost in the middle?
Still, its just opinions, like assholes everyone has one...

A lot of comments about Colback's discipline, but, and this is not excusing it, just stating facts, he's always been the same.
21/22 - 46 games, 11 yellows, 1 red
18/19 - 39 games, 16 (!) yellows
17/18 - 16 & 6
16/17 - 34 & 10
15/16 - 30 & 11

and on and on.

The bloke has never learned and never will. He's a walking yellow card.

Bare bones.

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 08:49 - Nov 26 with 1244 viewsjoe90

Wasn’t at the game but judging from the BBC stats it looks like there has been some improvement. Big question is, does this team have the confidence/belief and technical ability to start winning?

Big game Tuesday night, saying that, I feel they’re all big games now. The size of the task and pressure is growing with each game that goes by.

Sadly, I can’t see this team improving.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 09:45 - Nov 26 with 1148 viewsRangersw12

I think we were far better than we were under Ainsworth but we just don't create enough and when we did we miss them anyway

Haven't seen it back but at the time I thought Dykes should have scored from the corner and Field should have equalised at the death

We desperately need the midfield to bomb forward more and give Chair and Willock options hopefully at home we will see more of that and we gamble a bit more

Dykes was his usual awful self and the bit where he miscontrolled it then pretend he was injured was embarrassing

Was Chair's poorest game for a while aswell where he just didn't release the ball especially to Paal on the overlap

Feels like a big game Tuesday where we need to get something
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 9:46]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 09:47 - Nov 26 with 1141 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 23:20 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

A lot of comments about Colback's discipline, but, and this is not excusing it, just stating facts, he's always been the same.
21/22 - 46 games, 11 yellows, 1 red
18/19 - 39 games, 16 (!) yellows
17/18 - 16 & 6
16/17 - 34 & 10
15/16 - 30 & 11

and on and on.

The bloke has never learned and never will. He's a walking yellow card.

A desperate signing of a player who wasn’t particularly good in his prime. How long are we lumbered with him?

If you’re going to get booked then make it count. Committing an obvious foul on a player in their half going nowhere and then having a hissy fit about it was embarrassing. The bloke is nullified entirely once he’s on a yellow as all he’s really good for is taking someone out
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 9:49]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:03 - Nov 26 with 1102 viewsdmm

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 09:47 - Nov 26 by Watford_Ranger

A desperate signing of a player who wasn’t particularly good in his prime. How long are we lumbered with him?

If you’re going to get booked then make it count. Committing an obvious foul on a player in their half going nowhere and then having a hissy fit about it was embarrassing. The bloke is nullified entirely once he’s on a yellow as all he’s really good for is taking someone out
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 9:49]

Colback's contract ends in the summer of 2025.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 10:09 - Nov 26 with 1070 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:58 - Nov 25 by Ned_Kennedys

You’ve posted a few times on this thread implying that Chair is our best player and our best chance of staying up: he really isn’t and has had a terrible season in the main. Cifuentes has got to work out how to get him playing much better starting with looking up and passing more.

Who is the best player from our current squad in your opinion?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024