Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bromley Match Thread.. 12:34 - Dec 2 with 13479 viewsdale1968

After all the talk over the last week its back to an important league game today.
Would take a point right now and 3 would be fantastic.
Think Hayes will be a big miss and hope Mitchell is fit and raring to go.
U T D

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:06 - Dec 2 with 4131 viewsJames1980

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Dec 2 by DaleiLama

Lacked so much penetration with him no longer in the line up. Looked like we'd forgotten how to create or score goals. Decent ball in from Jes nearly put Hendo in but we were pretty toothless and aimless today

Watched on my phone from 'Barcelona' 😉. Thought just before their goal ok it won't be so bad to go away with a point and a clean sheet that will give the defence a confidence boost.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:10 - Dec 2 with 4072 viewsDaleiLama

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:06 - Dec 2 by James1980

Watched on my phone from 'Barcelona' 😉. Thought just before their goal ok it won't be so bad to go away with a point and a clean sheet that will give the defence a confidence boost.

Draw probably a fair result and in those frigid conditions it would have been a good one, but sadly, we were just not direct enough often enough and did little to scare them.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 17:11]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:10 - Dec 2 with 4075 viewsDaleFan7

It was a fear when Hayes went back. He's the only person we had capable of taking defenders on and causing them trouble. Jez seems to only be able to do it from the bench.

Ah well, we've had decent results recently, can't win them all.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:48 - Dec 2 with 3831 viewsCedar_Room

This to me was everything wrong with McNultyball. Aimless passing, possession without doing anything with it. Offered absolutely nothing going forward and you could sense that all Bromley might need is one chance to take all the points. Feels like a real step back after some encouraging results in recent weeks. And before people shout ‘Bromley are second’ they were shite, offering as little as we did all game the only difference is they actually made the most of the chance they got. Bromley were there for the taking but we didn’t look like scoring if we’d played for a week.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 18:35 - Dec 2 with 3638 viewsRodingdale

Doesn’t sound like there was much to shout about today but Dale fans who made it last week to Dagenham and again to the even harder to get to Bromley this week, especially those who travelled to both from the NW deserve some sort of recognition perhaps a medal!. Particularly with the off field shenanigans, being a Dale fan is trying at times. Small in number but big in heart.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 19:59 - Dec 2 with 3340 views49thseason

McNulty on today's game

Interesting hint that the finances might be getting sorted
Mitchell out for 8 weeks...
Bromley Match Thread.. on 21:14 - Dec 2 with 3077 viewsdingdangblue

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:48 - Dec 2 by Cedar_Room

This to me was everything wrong with McNultyball. Aimless passing, possession without doing anything with it. Offered absolutely nothing going forward and you could sense that all Bromley might need is one chance to take all the points. Feels like a real step back after some encouraging results in recent weeks. And before people shout ‘Bromley are second’ they were shite, offering as little as we did all game the only difference is they actually made the most of the chance they got. Bromley were there for the taking but we didn’t look like scoring if we’d played for a week.

Well Jim doesn't see it that way. It was a good performance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bromley Match Thread.. on 21:32 - Dec 2 with 3022 viewsSuddenLad

Bromley Match Thread.. on 21:14 - Dec 2 by dingdangblue

Well Jim doesn't see it that way. It was a good performance.

It was a good performance. Just not good enough overall.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Bromley Match Thread.. on 23:56 - Dec 2 with 2774 viewsHopwoodblue

BBM used to reel that nonsense off every week when we’re in Division one.
BJ’s just carried on talking the same old sh!te doesn’t mind losing when we play like that
I never liked losing full stop !
Lets hope the new owners change the mind set and bring a winning mentally back into the club.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Bromley Match Thread.. on 00:34 - Dec 3 with 2719 viewsD_Alien

Bromley Match Thread.. on 23:56 - Dec 2 by Hopwoodblue

BBM used to reel that nonsense off every week when we’re in Division one.
BJ’s just carried on talking the same old sh!te doesn’t mind losing when we play like that
I never liked losing full stop !
Lets hope the new owners change the mind set and bring a winning mentally back into the club.

Depends if BJ's their man

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bromley Match Thread.. on 06:34 - Dec 3 with 2585 viewsTalkingSutty

Bromley Match Thread.. on 21:32 - Dec 2 by SuddenLad

It was a good performance. Just not good enough overall.

I thought it was a performance lacking passion and desire, also lacking bravery in the final third. A bunch of footballers passing the ball around between themselves and barely breaking sweat. A reluctance to take a chance and try to make something happen, a preference to play it safe and pass it backwards when driving into the penalty area and committing defenders was the obvious thing to do. The commentators thought the same thing, bored to death. Bromley were there for the taking but we were more intent on just keeping possession and recycling the ball. It wasn't a bad performance, it was a nothing performance devoid of creativity and passion. There is a positive though, if Bromley are one of the best teams in this league then we are more than capable of reaching the play offs if we throw off the shackles and inject some tempo into all of our remaining games. This is the culmination of a very depressing week for the supporters and everybody connected with the club, those who travelled down to Bromley deserve a medal and if Jim enjoyed watching that then it's very worrying. It was like watching a training ground session of keep ball but others might disagree with that, the manager does. The result is all that counts at the end of the day and we've done well recently so let's put it down to a bad day at the office. I also think this week's events could have affected the mindset of the players, the doom and gloom wouldn't have helped. Maybe next week will be a better one, let's hope so
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 7:09]
Bromley Match Thread.. on 08:43 - Dec 3 with 2431 viewsdawlishdale

Difficult to admit, but we are a very different team without Hayes as a constant threat. There was a lack of intent in our attacking players yesterday. We barely laid a glove on them all match.
By contrast, even though they were also quite poor, they did show flashes of good play and made our keeper work much the harder of the two.

Jim needs to be seeing what we ( and the commentary team ) saw.

Their goal came following an awful couple of minutes of defending.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 09:56 - Dec 3 with 2269 viewsNorthernDale

I think we all accepted it would be a difficult away fixture and I would have taken a point, but Jim post match interviews are getting repetitive, 'we dominated, we played well, the opposition only had a few chances......', but we lost again. I was hopefully after the recent results that Jim had learnt the lessons, that if you attack with pace and effectively passing you tend to win, but it appears that Jim tends to revert to his pedestrian total options football, because it is preferred style and but as we all remember under previous managers, it does not win many games.

Yes, the squad is paper thin and hopefully, when the new owners take over, we can get in a couple of players, but is Jim McNulty inability to recognise that is total options is BS, a bigger issue.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 10:08]
Bromley Match Thread.. on 11:46 - Dec 3 with 2101 viewsEdindale

Bromley Match Thread.. on 06:34 - Dec 3 by TalkingSutty

I thought it was a performance lacking passion and desire, also lacking bravery in the final third. A bunch of footballers passing the ball around between themselves and barely breaking sweat. A reluctance to take a chance and try to make something happen, a preference to play it safe and pass it backwards when driving into the penalty area and committing defenders was the obvious thing to do. The commentators thought the same thing, bored to death. Bromley were there for the taking but we were more intent on just keeping possession and recycling the ball. It wasn't a bad performance, it was a nothing performance devoid of creativity and passion. There is a positive though, if Bromley are one of the best teams in this league then we are more than capable of reaching the play offs if we throw off the shackles and inject some tempo into all of our remaining games. This is the culmination of a very depressing week for the supporters and everybody connected with the club, those who travelled down to Bromley deserve a medal and if Jim enjoyed watching that then it's very worrying. It was like watching a training ground session of keep ball but others might disagree with that, the manager does. The result is all that counts at the end of the day and we've done well recently so let's put it down to a bad day at the office. I also think this week's events could have affected the mindset of the players, the doom and gloom wouldn't have helped. Maybe next week will be a better one, let's hope so
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 7:09]

Absolutely.
Bromley were poor - is that how a team 2nd in the league plays at home?
Our no risks football resulted in no goals after we handed the opposition the initiative by letting them score first.
BJ has proved we can have amore attacking brand but it just wasn't there yesterday.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 11:48 - Dec 3 with 2090 viewsEdindale

Bromley Match Thread.. on 09:56 - Dec 3 by NorthernDale

I think we all accepted it would be a difficult away fixture and I would have taken a point, but Jim post match interviews are getting repetitive, 'we dominated, we played well, the opposition only had a few chances......', but we lost again. I was hopefully after the recent results that Jim had learnt the lessons, that if you attack with pace and effectively passing you tend to win, but it appears that Jim tends to revert to his pedestrian total options football, because it is preferred style and but as we all remember under previous managers, it does not win many games.

Yes, the squad is paper thin and hopefully, when the new owners take over, we can get in a couple of players, but is Jim McNulty inability to recognise that is total options is BS, a bigger issue.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 10:08]

We are threadbare and should be blooding some of our younger players. Other sides seem to be able to field several 17 and 18 year olds alongside seasoned professionals.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 12:07 - Dec 3 with 2037 viewskel

Bromley Match Thread.. on 11:48 - Dec 3 by Edindale

We are threadbare and should be blooding some of our younger players. Other sides seem to be able to field several 17 and 18 year olds alongside seasoned professionals.

Don’t really take much notice of other clubs in this league so which sides are you referring to?
Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:16 - Dec 3 with 1696 viewsEdindale

Bromley Match Thread.. on 12:07 - Dec 3 by kel

Don’t really take much notice of other clubs in this league so which sides are you referring to?

Josh Stokes scored last week and twice to-day for Aldershot Town. Another teenager scored last week in the National League but I can't recall his name or team off hand.
Bromley Match Thread.. on 18:28 - Dec 3 with 1542 viewskel

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:16 - Dec 3 by Edindale

Josh Stokes scored last week and twice to-day for Aldershot Town. Another teenager scored last week in the National League but I can't recall his name or team off hand.

Two at a push then? A bit like us and George Nevett?
Bromley Match Thread.. on 18:44 - Dec 3 with 1493 viewsEdindale

Bromley Match Thread.. on 17:48 - Dec 2 by Cedar_Room

From the Bromley message board 'What a boring team Rochdale were, especially their sideways passing centre half. We looked much better when we pressed them'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024