Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 56897 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 16 with 3158 viewsDamo1962

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 16 by SteveB

That game has left me really p*ssed off. Starting XI, weird, ok , Manager knows best, he was wrong. 2nd half was gutless & abysmal.

That 2nd goal for them typifies why we are bang in trouble - and we are bang in trouble despite the recent upturn. Clear the ball, bang it up the bloody field, play out the draw. Willock & Chair piss ball about, Corner, goal 2-1. Day wasted.

Do your homework QPR. Sheff W come strong at the end of games, score goals late. You gave them 3 points. So predictable. I'm fckkn livid.

Dunne & Field, both should not be starting in this side right now. They are weak links in the way we are now set up.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 17:26]

Glad some are finally seeing the limitations of Field. We need much better than him and Dozy in the middle of the park.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 16 with 3124 viewsSimplyNico

E17 - on the slide for a couple of games now. Get rid before he takes us down.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 16 with 3095 viewsDamo1962

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:27 - Dec 16 by ted_hendrix

The bottom line Is we are a poor set of players, you watch next Saturday as Southampton pull us apart.
We get so near time and time again and then fail again.

I'm not interested in being negative but for about a year now It's been glaringly obvious that we haven't got a squad good enough to be/remain competitive In this league.

No you don't get relegated In December but what you don't also do Is lose against your relegation rivals, not from a winning position anyway, they scored In the 86th minute and the 94th minute, well that Is scandalous.

These results could be pivotal. Marti would have been expecting a minimum of four points from these last two matches,and was probably hoping for six...same as most supporters. I have zero faith h in these players now getting us to safety. Starting to look like where the next point is coming from again looking at the Xmas fixtures. One step forward...two steps back unfortunately.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:42 - Dec 16 with 3081 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:03 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

Rotation better than losing players for months at a time.
We’ve lost two games under him, both by the odd goal.
Bit hysterical on here tonight.

Exactly. We lost, deservedly so, and we have a week on the training pitch.

Think MC will have found out about certain players over these past 2 games than the previous 6. Colback is a big miss, as he has that experience in the centre.

Field and Dozell are a big worry though.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:56 - Dec 16 with 2956 viewsSpaceman_P

What a bloody shame, if we had won the last two matches we'd be in 16th position.

Huge loss today, typical QPR.

Team will need to get their s*it together and try and pull off a miraculous win next weekend.

absolute bollox.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:08 - Dec 16 with 2844 viewsrbee

For their second who is marking the guy who hit the post, Kakay and ?
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:18 - Dec 16 with 2748 viewsMatch82

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:03 - Dec 16 by paulparker

Wednesday night was poor as well
I can’t understand Armstrong going off at H/T
Dropped 5 points with teams around us in one week , game turned with Kakay coming on
We looked all over the place at the back with him

Fair enough I didn't see Wednesdays game. But his subs in the few games before that have always made us better rather than worse.

Agree the subs were a big factor in us failing to see the game out today
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:18 - Dec 16 with 2745 viewsslmrstid

There's going to be bumps in the road...to be honest this mini recent good spell was way more than I thought these players were capable of anyway. Be naive to think everyone will just roll over for us with a better manager in charge. Hopefully the players realise that too and its not going to be so easy.

Plenty more games yet and we're still in charge of our own destiny, disappointing as today is.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 16 with 2442 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:41 - Dec 16 by lassel

Also worth reiterating what I said when we hired Marti - his Hammarby side lost the most points from winning positions of anyone in Allsvenskan this season, partly as he doesn’t believe in ‘managing’ the final minutes and also his decisions were often quite questionable.

I said when he joined that I expected we should expect to throw the remote through the screen at some late points dropped this year.

The frustration is that pretty much any other team at this level deep in the oppositions half on 85 minutes is smart enough and capable enough to shithouse the game out.

Like treble winners Man City did against Palace’s reserve side today?

Bare bones.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 16 with 2439 viewsManinBlack

I think the worry we all have with this group of players is they are pretty adept at going on losing runs. We have tough games coming up and a run of defeats could see their belief in the manager wane and we get cut adrift again. It would have been better beating Plymouth and Wednesday taking important points off them, than Preston and Hull who are unlikely to be in the relegation scrap. I fear the noisy Saints fans will strike fear into our brave heroes on Saturday.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:00 - Dec 16 with 2391 viewsfournil

Was there today and most of the observations are accurate. Kakay is an absolute liability, I coach U14s and would be pissed off he any of them had cleared it backwards like that and then in the big pressure moment to put us 2-1 up he can”t even hit the target - disgraceful.

That said I said at half time I would be surprised if Wednesday were to score as they were absolutely shocking. The main problem today was second balls - we barely won any and we let Bannan dictate everything again as per usual.
We played some neat stuff on occasions but not enough, Chair didn’t see enough of the ball 2nd half and we didn’t take our chances when they came (a familiar story).
Field simply has to score in that position.
Dunne got dragged out of position when there was no need, got rolled again (we’ve seen that before) and combined with Kakay being nowhere meant their goal was simplicity personified.
It was basically typical QPR - no matter which team or season.
V disappointed.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:03 - Dec 16 with 2362 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not far from the first ‘Martí Out’ I think.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:15 - Dec 16 with 2296 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:03 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Edit: Already seen one.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 21:17]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:19 - Dec 16 with 2282 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

Like treble winners Man City did against Palace’s reserve side today?

Have Man City ever shithoused a game out? The rate they’re conceding late goals though they cojld probably use it!
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:29 - Dec 16 with 2236 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:42 - Dec 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Exactly. We lost, deservedly so, and we have a week on the training pitch.

Think MC will have found out about certain players over these past 2 games than the previous 6. Colback is a big miss, as he has that experience in the centre.

Field and Dozell are a big worry though.

If Colback is the answer then god help us.

Sht happens. Field is in poor form but hasn’t become a bad player overnight. I’ll still die on the hill of thinking he’s a centre-half. Dozzell weak as piss again. A couple of great passes and a long range goal a season isn’t what we need from a supposedly creative midfielder.

I’d have liked to see Sinclair on the left if going to a 4-2-3-1. Think hooking him was harsh and once Smyth went off we were playing a team throwing everything forward with no pace to break.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:11 - Dec 16 with 2092 viewsLatticeR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:08 - Dec 16 by rbee

For their second who is marking the guy who hit the post, Kakay and ?

I saw it as being cook who missed the header and lost his man .But it’s so much simpler to blame Ozzy though Cook was also one of the three centre backs who were inept at closing down the scorer of the first Sheff wed goal .

Poor Game Management cost us today .Had none of our scouts or coaches watched recent Wednesday games at hillsborough
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:19 - Dec 16 with 2060 viewsThe_Beast1976

Fcuked the games in which we thought we may have a chance (Rotherham, Plymouth, Sheff Wed), won the games we thought we'd probably lose (Preston, Hull, Stoke). Basically typical QPR over the last 40 years!!!

12 points from 8 games since MC took over though. 1.5 points per game. That's play off form over a full season, so can't complain too much. Far, far better than what was going on 9 games ago under GA. Onwards and upwards. Probably beat Southampton next week now.....
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:35 - Dec 16 with 1985 viewsactonman

Just back and only just at the fcuking typical qpr mood !
Leaving the ground today was the most livid I have been at a match for a good while , not sure if that’s a good thing or not as I had basically given up on everything when ainsworth was in charge .
Such a stupid waste of points today as Wednesday and their fcking fans were sh!te

As a side note , have we ever played against fking Barry fking bannon where we haven’t made him look like prime pirlo!!! Did nobody think to maybe stop him running the show again ? Literally everything they do goes through him ?
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:40 - Dec 16 with 1955 viewsRangersw12

Still absolutely livid

Missed a chance to go 2 up and then a chance go to 2-1 up

Furious
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 00:43 - Dec 17 with 1721 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:35 - Dec 16 by actonman

Just back and only just at the fcuking typical qpr mood !
Leaving the ground today was the most livid I have been at a match for a good while , not sure if that’s a good thing or not as I had basically given up on everything when ainsworth was in charge .
Such a stupid waste of points today as Wednesday and their fcking fans were sh!te

As a side note , have we ever played against fking Barry fking bannon where we haven’t made him look like prime pirlo!!! Did nobody think to maybe stop him running the show again ? Literally everything they do goes through him ?

I gave you a thumbs up but I though SW were decent and looked like they wanted it more with all the subs they made .
That kid up top is very strong and a handful but a bit on the dirty side like the rest of them.
I thought the ref let them do what they liked but we blew this ourselves.
Field has to bury that and when we got suckered punched by their equalizer we had another chance to win it and fcuked that up too.
Very dissapointing 3 days but its still getting better
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 01:29 - Dec 17 with 1657 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 16 by Burnleyhoop

For me,Dunne was the only one to come out with any credit from that game. Missed the first goal due to my stream constantly buffering, but he at least won most of his duels. Absolutely everyone else were just awful. The constant loss of possession and inability to tackle without constantly conceding fouls is starting to irritate the shit out of me. What the hell has happened to Sam Field, is he coming out drunk or something as he has lost any sense of coordination and is committing stupid fouls constantly.

Blood still boiling.

Had your stream not buffered you would have seen that Dunne was one of the players at fault for the first goal. A very weak attempt to cut out a tame cross.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 01:37 - Dec 17 with 1651 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I think we'll be ok, too.

Another thing Cifuentes might have to change his mind on, though, is taking players on yellows off so early. I'm not sure we can affiord that luxury at half-time, and we should maybe risk them until 65 or 70 minutes at least.

I understand Cifuentes substituting Field against Plymouth. The ref sent a Plymouth player off and there was a real danger of him evening things up in the second half. Today, however, it made no sense.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 01:40 - Dec 17 with 1648 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 16 by Damo1962

Glad some are finally seeing the limitations of Field. We need much better than him and Dozy in the middle of the park.

I like Field as a midfield enforcer but he's no finisher. He's cost us 6 points in recent weeks with poor finishes at key stages of the game. 2 points at Rotherham, 1 point at Norwich and 3 points today at Sheffield Wednesday. Definitely needs to work on that.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 02:30 - Dec 17 with 1614 viewsMidlands_Ranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:51 - Dec 16 by Stanisgod

And there lies the problem, you're better off losing to Preston and Hull and beating Plymouth and Wednesday, but we hardly ever beat the teams around us.

That's been a QPR problem since......forever
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 02:34 - Dec 17 with 1613 viewsMidlands_Ranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:03 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

You are a different class

Last person I'd ever want to be in the trenches with

You'll probably have some smug comment to throw at this but honestly. ..fans digging out other fans CONTINUALLY is worse than getting on the players backs...low...lowest of the low among supporters

Wait for the reply with the shiiit eating grin
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 2:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024