Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much negativity on here 15:22 - Jan 14 with 10215 viewsnumptydumpty

I could understand the doom under Ainsworth.

This is chalk and cheese from that.

Exciting and never say die, some excellent build up play, and responding well to conceding goals.

Both their goals today in all reality - potshots that either go in , or nine times out of ten, into row Z..

We were often on the front foot, linking up well and creating decent opportunities but the composure lacking in front of goal or great saves.

Should have got at least three today and were the better side.

Nineteen games to go

Huddersfield Plymouth Birmingham Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday all not very good

And Marti in charge not Ainsworth.

We got the effort today that Ainsworth kept on bemoaning.

Even though we lost today definitely felt results we deserve will come.

But reading match thread and others, we are already in league one.

Can't agree with that in anyways whatsoever....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Too much negativity on here on 19:06 - Jan 14 with 1983 viewsDorse

Too much negativity on here on 16:48 - Jan 14 by Antti_Heinola

To be clear, this is not based on rumours, it’s based on common sense. This is a bloke used to getting teams into europe. He’s clearly annoyed about what he’s found here. But everyone can tell he is a good coach because we are at least competitive. If we go down, he won’t want to stick around for third tier football (he’s never stuck around anywhere for long, remember). People slag off the Champ, but it’s a very good competitive league, superior to the top leagues in most euro countries. League One is rubbish. So he won’t want it, it’s a waste of (at least) a year for a man in a hurry, but more importantly champ clubs change managers extremely regularly. Anyone who thinks there won’t already be clubs monitoring him now are being very naive. And there’s barely a club in this league who are not a more appetising prospect than us.

Swindon

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Too much negativity on here on 19:17 - Jan 14 with 1942 viewsSpaceman_P

can't help thinking if we did get relegated and a championship side who inevitably sack their manager within 3 months of the new 2024/25 season. He'll be first on their lists and he'll go.

At this stage, he'd probably prefer the Watford job which is an endless in/out operation than stick with us.
Too much negativity on here on 19:44 - Jan 14 with 1865 viewsAndybrat

Too much negativity on here on 19:06 - Jan 14 by bosh67

I can take going down but it has to be under the proviso that Marti stays and is allowed to dismantle and rebuild a team in his image top bring us back up again. Unless Marti gets a better offer it would be utterly ludicrous to drum him out again and get someone else. If we drop then one assurance we need is that Marti oversees QPR 3.0.

Haven’t read the whole thread but it is obvious the new CEO and Marti are a package, both with their eyes open. I genuinely thought we were unlucky to lose, I was behind the Dunne shot how the hell did Hamer save that? In the SB stand we were already up on our feet and about to start hugging. Think we will go down, think Marti will stay, think we will come up and about 5 of those guys today will be involved. We aren’t happy but I live in Reading and have mates who live and breath The Royals, at least that won’t be us next year. Also met Clive on the stairs at the C&S for the 1st time, I thought he was taller than that.
Too much negativity on here on 20:11 - Jan 14 with 1794 viewsRangersw12

Problem we have is if we play like today in the next 2 we will win the but we won't so .........
Too much negativity on here on 20:41 - Jan 14 with 1753 viewsted_hendrix

Watford have beaten us 6-1 on aggregate, the trapdoor into league One Is slowly but surely creaking open.

"'Abandon all hope, ye who enter. '"

SIX F UCKING ONE on aggregate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Too much negativity on here on 20:53 - Jan 14 with 1732 viewsCateLeBonR

Too much negativity on here on 20:11 - Jan 14 by Rangersw12

Problem we have is if we play like today in the next 2 we will win the but we won't so .........

You’re absolutely right but a bloke told me earlier on the Uxbridge Road that “you’ll be alright” . So I’m clinging onto that 👍
[Post edited 14 Jan 20:55]
Too much negativity on here on 21:09 - Jan 14 with 1691 viewsStainrod

Marti is an excellent coach who has improved us significantly all over the park and we played well today.

But its not "unlucky" we lost.

We lost today like we lose most weeks because we can't score goals.

That's a structural problem and we can't change the personnel or their fundamental abilities.

Dykes or Armstrong aren't suddenly going to understand how to score.

Marti even seems to be getting us to defend set pieces and - this is the real shocker - create these things called "chances".

But we have about as much chance of scoring on any given attack as Theresa May at a sex party.

Unless Willock miraculously returns to being the player we used to have and inspires Chair in the process, we are in League 1.

Am not saying that to be negative or melodramatic, still less in anger because there is really very little anyone can do now to turn things round.

I am all for redemption and like to believe clubs, like people, can save themselves.

But decisions were so bad, for so long, that sometimes even impressive improvement is too little, too late.

At the very least at QPR it feels like things have to get a lot worse before they can get better. How much worse is the frightening unknown.
Too much negativity on here on 21:10 - Jan 14 with 1687 viewsAntti_Heinola

Too much negativity on here on 17:26 - Jan 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Except staying after relegation when taking over a sh1t squad is exactly what he did at Sandefjord, getting them promoted the following season.

And he has hardly enhanced his reputation since coming to QPR has he? It’s naive to think many Championship clubs would make a popular appointment with their fans of a manager who has just led his previous team to relegation.

Think he will stay IF he feels he can do a wholesale squad rebuild in the summer.

That was his first job as a head coach, though - he needed to stay. Now - not so much.
He's erudite, smart, and while results are still poor anyone can see how much better we look under him in a very short space of time at a club that is in the toilet.
He won't be short of offers, trust me.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Too much negativity on here on 21:41 - Jan 14 with 1618 viewsMalintabuk

I'm afraid we do have that stink of relegation about us, a not very good team, and not much luck.
I said on the match thread that team was just about the best we got and we still didn't win, I hate this but we have to accept baring something spectacular we are down.
Again delayed coming on here after a defeat as I tend to let disappointment cloud things. I know there is not a great deal of love for Bego, but he really did not have a chance with either of those goals, and the save their keeper made was Bankesque in stature.
Another car journey home in near silence and despondency reigns.
We have been here before, all of us have. Mine started in 1968 in our first ever season in the top flight, but I don't honestly remember us being so bad for such a long period.
I guess it is pick ourselves up and go for the next one.
Too much negativity on here on 21:58 - Jan 14 with 1558 viewsBurnleyhoop

To be clear, this is not based on rumours, it’s based on common sense. This is a bloke used to getting teams into europe. He’s clearly annoyed about what he’s found here. But everyone can tell he is a good coach because we are at least competitive. If we go down, he won’t want to stick around for third tier football (he’s never stuck around anywhere for long, remember). People slag off the Champ, but it’s a very good competitive league, superior to the top leagues in most euro countries. League One is rubbish. So he won’t want it, it’s a waste of (at least) a year for a man in a hurry, but more importantly champ clubs change managers extremely regularly. Anyone who thinks there won’t already be clubs monitoring him now are being very naive. And there’s barely a club in this league who are not a more appetising prospect than us.

They may well be monitoring him Antii, but all they will be seeing is the losses piling up and a likely relegation.

Who precisely is thinking, yep, he’s the manager that’s going to turn our fortunes around? Not sure there’s a lot of common sense in that one.

He is going to have to do something miraculous to save our bacon now and if he does, I can’t see him doing a Beale on us. He knew what he was inheriting and I would hope, having done it before in Scandinavia , he will stick around to re-build and get us straight back up into the Championship.
Too much negativity on here on 22:15 - Jan 14 with 1507 viewsCateLeBonR

Too much negativity on here on 21:58 - Jan 14 by Burnleyhoop

They may well be monitoring him Antii, but all they will be seeing is the losses piling up and a likely relegation.

Who precisely is thinking, yep, he’s the manager that’s going to turn our fortunes around? Not sure there’s a lot of common sense in that one.

He is going to have to do something miraculous to save our bacon now and if he does, I can’t see him doing a Beale on us. He knew what he was inheriting and I would hope, having done it before in Scandinavia , he will stick around to re-build and get us straight back up into the Championship.

I coudn’t really fault his tactics today . A few around me seemed to think he should have made changes sooner but it would have been the same mostly ineffective players coming on earlier. Chair and Willock were never both going to play 90 mins and looking at performances up until the Chair sub I thought it was the correct choice. Unfortunately Willock was proper crap after that but Smyth was excellent.
Too much negativity on here on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 1468 viewsSydneyRs

If we'd appointed Marti when we appointed Ainsworth we'd be absolutely fine now. Another master stroke by our owners.
Too much negativity on here on 22:49 - Jan 14 with 1456 viewsrbee

Morning Sydney. It has been mentioned that Marti was on our radar for some time but we could not afford him. We had to wait for his Hammarby contract to wind down.
Too much negativity on here on 22:55 - Jan 14 with 1444 viewscolinallcars

Too much negativity on here on 22:49 - Jan 14 by rbee

Morning Sydney. It has been mentioned that Marti was on our radar for some time but we could not afford him. We had to wait for his Hammarby contract to wind down.

It's a shame the owners didn't cotton on to the stadium sponsorship nonsense a bit earlier. We may have been able to sign Marti rather than a rhythm guitarist from a tenth rate covers band.
Sorry Gareth…
Too much negativity on here on 22:58 - Jan 14 with 1435 viewsrbee

A shame indeed but i am assuming that the whole sponsorship thing was highlighted in the Club Audit.
Too much negativity on here on 23:27 - Jan 14 with 1378 viewsTheChef

Too much negativity on here on 22:49 - Jan 14 by rbee

His break clause would have cost us one million quid after Beale left.

Should we have said sod FFP and done it anyway?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Too much negativity on here on 23:44 - Jan 14 with 1361 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Unless its some contractual agreement we don't know about then there is every chance Marti will leave. Come on. It's football 2024, every single being involved is out for themselves......sadly. That's how it is, that's what's on the table, wake up and smell the coffee if you think loyalty still roams these parts in Football 2024....long gone...see you later.....hello next best thing.

Armstrong was totally up for it today....his best showing(a televised game) and his other best showing a cup game against a Premier league side. Come on.....is that just coincidence? Are we all blind and stupid?(he can't finish anyway) Anything can happen in Football 2024 only thing that is certain to happen unless miracles also are part of it, is that we will go down.

Smyth was up for it today, he should always be on the team sheet, Willock is classy but for 5-6 touches a game he is a waste a player, you gotta be robust, you gotta be committed, you gotta want it and want it some more and at the very least you gotta believe in yourself, your body, your qualities. I wanna see players who want to compete.

Begovic ain't getting near those strikes...that's fair....because he is a lazy signing, past his best,grab a last paycheck pile of useless, futureless shiiit on the team sheet.....and he's the captain? Not a chance...not a chance.....was a decent effort against Watford....a team who barley got out of 2nd gear.....we were at full tilt......its sad....its bad.....but its the reality...too much positivity may have been the problem for a long time as a fan base, digging out people who have spotted the shiiiit that's hurtling towards them and the culprits being paid silly money for it.

Preferring Dozzell to Colback is like preferring one of your car wheels to the other...there both the same....which turd your dog curled out do you prefer? Neither for me.....negativity is reality right now with this lot
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:57]
Too much negativity on here on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 1203 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Great post. Fully agree

DonnieR

Too much negativity on here on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 1197 viewsdaveB

If we go down is he going to be number 1 on many lists, I'm not sure many in this country will be banging his door down, I think there is a stronger chance he'll go if we stay up
Too much negativity on here on 09:22 - Jan 15 with 1128 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Too much negativity on here on 23:44 - Jan 14 by Midlands_Ranger

Unless its some contractual agreement we don't know about then there is every chance Marti will leave. Come on. It's football 2024, every single being involved is out for themselves......sadly. That's how it is, that's what's on the table, wake up and smell the coffee if you think loyalty still roams these parts in Football 2024....long gone...see you later.....hello next best thing.

Armstrong was totally up for it today....his best showing(a televised game) and his other best showing a cup game against a Premier league side. Come on.....is that just coincidence? Are we all blind and stupid?(he can't finish anyway) Anything can happen in Football 2024 only thing that is certain to happen unless miracles also are part of it, is that we will go down.

Smyth was up for it today, he should always be on the team sheet, Willock is classy but for 5-6 touches a game he is a waste a player, you gotta be robust, you gotta be committed, you gotta want it and want it some more and at the very least you gotta believe in yourself, your body, your qualities. I wanna see players who want to compete.

Begovic ain't getting near those strikes...that's fair....because he is a lazy signing, past his best,grab a last paycheck pile of useless, futureless shiiit on the team sheet.....and he's the captain? Not a chance...not a chance.....was a decent effort against Watford....a team who barley got out of 2nd gear.....we were at full tilt......its sad....its bad.....but its the reality...too much positivity may have been the problem for a long time as a fan base, digging out people who have spotted the shiiiit that's hurtling towards them and the culprits being paid silly money for it.

Preferring Dozzell to Colback is like preferring one of your car wheels to the other...there both the same....which turd your dog curled out do you prefer? Neither for me.....negativity is reality right now with this lot

Yep, totally agree. It is good that those people are finally being rooted out, but alas, it doesn't look like it will save us from going down. It is mad that people are still criticising Marti when you look at the way we are playing (and the stats comparing it with Ainsworth's reign that were on social media yesterday) - he's getting some kind of tune out of an appalling squad. Grating too to see The Bhatia Stand in massive letters opposite a stand named after one of our greatest players - honouring the golfing chairman who appointed Ainsworth is galling to say the least.
Too much negativity on here on 09:56 - Jan 15 with 1079 viewsPaddyhoops

Played well yesterday. Just found a new way to lose .
So to lose playing well is probably a first for us this season.
As people have said we hear the common phrase “ keep playing like that and we’ll be fine”
Led up the garden path once again could possibly be next’s weeks scenario again.
Faced once again with a big away end revelling in another away win .
Sorry for the negativity but it’s usually the same sorry end to a”winnable” home game.
Sick to the death of now.
Too much negativity on here on 10:00 - Jan 15 with 1062 viewsAddinall

Too much negativity on here on 16:57 - Jan 14 by johncharles

When the going gets tough the tough get going……….40 years supporting this club and I’ve never slagged them off

Me neither after nearly 80 years.
Too much negativity on here on 10:20 - Jan 15 with 997 viewsmart_Goblin

Too much negativity on here on 23:44 - Jan 14 by Midlands_Ranger

Yes, I agree with the large majority of that .

But people being accused of being negative is a bit mental isn’t it ?
The titanic took a while to sink, but there was quite a period where the passengers knew it was going to happen so we’re probably quite negative about it.

With our record over the past 1, 2, 3, 5,10 years …..if fans, of any club with that record ain’t a little negative now then I think their delusional as to what lies ahead
Too much negativity on here on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 923 viewsQPROslo

Our position in the table and our continuing failure to beat the teams at the wrong end of the table is obviously a huge concern. We play fairly well against teams higher up the table but can't get a win. There were positives yesterday, we defended pretty well including dead ball situations (though we got lucky a couple of times) against a team who have scored a lot recently, but managed only the 1 goal against them and they've been conceding a few recently too. But we need to play at least as well against all the others, keep our best players fit, and somehow score more. It is doesn't look too likely, but we're not down just yet.
Too much negativity on here on 11:05 - Jan 15 with 880 viewsrobith

I am historically the happiest of happy clappers, but what exactly am I supposed to be positive about ??

Marti's a great coach who has improved us - but it's still a team of serial losers and dossers who have gotten 4 managers sacked and are sinking like a stone.

I cheer the team on, but relentless, baseless positivity can be as toxic as negativity
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024