Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gateshead Game Predictions 09:29 - Mar 29 with 15076 views_Windydale

3-1 gateshead.

I'm not feeling it today. The buoyancy the players may feel, guaranteed pay for another month, new owners possibly, panics off, the players relax. No Hayes (probably) possibly... go back to the pace of a steady stroll round Watergrove rez.
I would take a draw especially after the tonking Gateshead gave Hartlepool last game.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:22 - Mar 29 with 2178 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 15:51 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Well that was dross

I’m sure there’s a pattern forming from when you appear on here but I can’t quite put my finger on it.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:26 - Mar 29 with 2103 viewsBarrowdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:22 - Mar 29 by kel

I’m sure there’s a pattern forming from when you appear on here but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Take your blue tinted glasses off and you’ll have a better idea
Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:34 - Mar 29 with 2023 viewsDale69er

Gateshead Game Predictions on 15:29 - Mar 29 by Rodingdale

Nope - crystal clear. Dale playing reasonably well. Quite open, and a tad scrappy. Seems we have a plan to hold a high line and compress the play. 0-0 after 25.

Ta, managed to sort somehow!
Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:36 - Mar 29 with 2000 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:26 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

This season hasn’t been brilliant, but nor has it been awful with everything is taken into consideration. That’s without any glasses.

The assumption around us only playing one way has been shown to be incorrect.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:37 - Mar 29 with 1990 viewsBarrowdale

Can we go a full 90 with no shot??
Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:38 - Mar 29 with 1961 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:37 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

What would you suggest the club do if that happens?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:40 - Mar 29 with 1928 viewskel

Enlighten me.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:45 - Mar 29 with 1855 viewsBarrowdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:37 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Nope. A shot in the 82nd. No doubt Jim will be proud
Login to get fewer ads

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:02 - Mar 29 with 1601 viewsjonahwhereru

Gateshead Game Predictions on 16:45 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Nope. A shot in the 82nd. No doubt Jim will be proud

Being proud of Dale would be totally alien to you.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:05 - Mar 29 with 1569 viewsmikehunt

Well, if you like watching your team pass the ball sideways then back to your keeper and then give the ball away when you cross the halfway line, well that was the match for you.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:05 - Mar 29 with 1554 viewsBarrowdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:02 - Mar 29 by jonahwhereru

Being proud of Dale would be totally alien to you.

Which bit should I be proud of? Mcnulty is clapping the team ffs.
He’s at fault. Feel sorry for several of them. This gameplan ( is there one?) is ridiculous. One shot, 1 fking shot. Christ. You mcnulty lovers need to open your eyes
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:06 - Mar 29 with 1542 viewsEdindale

Another miserable away day. Not creative enough- no cutting edge. Another easy game for the opposition goalkeeper. Performance was okay but no real urgency. Lots for BJ to work on.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:11 - Mar 29 with 1463 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:05 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

He’s at fault. Feel sorry for several of them. This gameplan ( is there one?) is ridiculous. One shot, 1 fking shot. Christ. You mcnulty lovers need to open your eyes

Who would you replace him with and could you give examples of how those prospective managers choose to play?

The players themselves say they like the way we play so why would anyone feel sorry for them?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:11 - Mar 29 with 1457 viewskel

As above, enlighten us.

Was your internet down when we won three on the bounce? And when we drew away at the league winners and beat Wealdstone?
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:14 - Mar 29 with 1428 viewsTrev

Sums up our season, really. Not good enough when it matters. JM's comments before the game tell you everything you need to know about why, sadly, I don't think he will be the man to take us forwards. Play Offs has to be the target next season.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:14 - Mar 29 with 1428 viewsBarrowdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:11 - Mar 29 by kel

As above, enlighten us.

Was your internet down when we won three on the bounce? And when we drew away at the league winners and beat Wealdstone?

Wow, you are easily pleased. Ask why 400 SC holders aren’t even turning up?
It is a boring spectacle.
Keep clapping when there’s 1200 in the ground wont you?
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:16 - Mar 29 with 1408 viewsD_Alien

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:03 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

Why would they need to have watched us? They've played us twice, and learnt from the first game how to take us apart in the second unless we adapt our usual playing style

Today will be a test for JimMc. Is he learning, or not?
[Post edited 29 Mar 13:04]

To answer my own question: No

And for the avoidance of any doubt, i don't believe Jim McNulty is the right person to take the club forward on the pitch

I'd offer him the Academy head coach role, since i believe he's got Dale at heart and could bring younger players on. Leading a team of experienced pros? He's just not got enough breadth of vision other than playing one way, which just won't do i'm afraid
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:16 - Mar 29 with 1395 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:14 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Wow, you are easily pleased. Ask why 400 SC holders aren’t even turning up?
It is a boring spectacle.
Keep clapping when there’s 1200 in the ground wont you?

Where have you got those figures from?

Enlighten me.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:17 - Mar 29 with 1385 viewsjonahwhereru

There are less successful teams in this league than Dale that you can spew your vitriol at, so why have you stuck with us. Oxford City loose at lot, they should be your sort of team. Please give us up.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:23 - Mar 29 with 1320 viewsBarrowdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:17 - Mar 29 by jonahwhereru

There are less successful teams in this league than Dale that you can spew your vitriol at, so why have you stuck with us. Oxford City loose at lot, they should be your sort of team. Please give us up.

Unfortunately after 54 years of watching us I can’t just change my colours can I?
But like many others I could just stop going. 5 years ago there were 8 of us in our social group. We’re down to three now and mostly I ducks. Im ashamed to offer the spare sc to anyone else at the moment as they would question our sanity
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:25 - Mar 29 with 1310 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:16 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

To answer my own question: No

And for the avoidance of any doubt, i don't believe Jim McNulty is the right person to take the club forward on the pitch

I'd offer him the Academy head coach role, since i believe he's got Dale at heart and could bring younger players on. Leading a team of experienced pros? He's just not got enough breadth of vision other than playing one way, which just won't do i'm afraid
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:18]

The problem is, and it was alluded to in an earlier post, so many managers are playing a similar style these days and it’s trying to identify those who stand out.

Honestly? It infuriates me that any side, let alone Dale, pass it about at the back under real pressure when the stats must clearly show how many goals are conceded by doing it. That alone should make managers sit up and take notice. The hope is that there is a realisation that we HAVE to mix it up more often, not just the odd occasion, because it has been successful when we do it.

I think many Dale fans have doubts, but at the same time McNulty has put in the hard yards to deserve time to continue what he’s started. It doesn’t make him immune from criticism and he too has to acknowledge the doubts fans have when we do look one dimensional and visibly do something about it. More often.

Feel like that’s been said a lot since Christmas. The usual suspects will make jibes and disappear but I have plenty of time for those who can disagree and at least discuss the situation with some thought.

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:27 - Mar 29 with 1291 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:23 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Unfortunately after 54 years of watching us I can’t just change my colours can I?
But like many others I could just stop going. 5 years ago there were 8 of us in our social group. We’re down to three now and mostly I ducks. Im ashamed to offer the spare sc to anyone else at the moment as they would question our sanity

If we’d won today, making it 4 wins on the bounce would you have been ashamed to offer it?

Please could you list those managers who currently play a different style?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:31 - Mar 29 with 1263 viewsdavidab2202

Was only able to watch 1st half,so my view may be a little skewed.
Could see there was a game plan of containment but thought little changed once we went behind.
Wasn't too happy with Chapman over goal as previously posted but felt front two struggled to retain the ball and thus gave us little chance to build on any ball played forward
Hayes did OK but little else in front players to get excited about
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:32 - Mar 29 with 1258 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:23 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

“But like many others I could just stop going”

Just stop then, nobody is forcing you are they? How long you’ve been a supporter is irrelevant by the way.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:43 - Mar 29 with 1166 viewsBarrowdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:32 - Mar 29 by kel

“But like many others I could just stop going”

Just stop then, nobody is forcing you are they? How long you’ve been a supporter is irrelevant by the way.

Its relevant in so much as Ive watched us under god knows how many managers and even in the ‘70’s I was never this bored. Still you have just as much right to be pleased with our style of play as I, and the vast majority of fans, have to be bored witless by it.
Id rather watch “Barrowball” than this tbh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024