Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gateshead Game Predictions 09:29 - Mar 29 with 14978 views_Windydale

3-1 gateshead.

I'm not feeling it today. The buoyancy the players may feel, guaranteed pay for another month, new owners possibly, panics off, the players relax. No Hayes (probably) possibly... go back to the pace of a steady stroll round Watergrove rez.
I would take a draw especially after the tonking Gateshead gave Hartlepool last game.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 06:53 - Mar 30 with 1881 viewsDaleiLama

Yesterday wasn't uplifting in any way at all. We 'stayed with' a better side (better in almost every aspect), but that side coasted for most of the game. Yet here we still are, approaching what might have been the abyss that we fell into and ceased to exist, but which we now have a means to navigate around. The brakes have been applied to the financial and football freefall giving time to breathe, reflect, analyse and plan.

The extent to which 'team SPO' will participate in the future of the club, both financially and operationally, remains to be seen. So talk of which direction we might go managerially and squad-wise is probably premature, but what is 'our level?' Money is of course a large determinant in defining this, but so is attitude. We've seen the no fear football of the KH 'glory days' and we've seen some apathetic, gutless tripe since, which took us down to mid-table non-league football.

What I really hope to see going forward is the return of ambition. Not the ambition to buy our way into the PL in 25 years, like Ryan Reynolds took to Wrexham, but an ambition to punch above our weight and become a team that other sides don't want to play. To regularly send crowds away buzzing, not snoozing. We saw glimpses of that this season on odd occasions. We now have to find a way to keep that trajectory going upwards and keep improving.

Up the Dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 07:54 - Mar 30 with 1774 viewsdavidab2202

Gateshead Game Predictions on 19:28 - Mar 29 by James1980

Keeper should have passed it sideways first

If my memory of yesterdays game is correct , I thought we had the chance to do exactly the same thing early in the game but chose to pass either sideways or back .Remember shouting " why didn't you shoot for ***** sake" at the tele
Gateshead Game Predictions on 08:09 - Mar 30 with 1740 viewsTrev

Despite the off field issues, avoiding a double relegation should not, in any way, be seen as an achievement. This league is poor and our squad is good enough to have been challenging for the play offs, our budget is aligned to this. The problem is, the longer we stay down here the harder it is to get out.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 08:41 - Mar 30 with 1680 viewsNorthernDale

I did not expect much from Gateshead to be honest and this is not down to the team, it is basically down to McNulty. I have said it before, the team is good enough for the playoffs, but throwing points away against teams like Oxford City and other poor teams, due his preference for 'total options' football or what we call possession football.

I heard a rumour that Hendo had a go at him recently over his tactics and he as been on the bench since. We all accept that McNulty is a nice man and he is new as a manager, but is he the man who can take us forward, if he cannot change or is prepared to change. Hopefully when Sir Peter Ogden and Lady Ogden agree to take over, they can persuade McNulty to take advice from somebody like Keith Hill, who could act like a mentor to him. Because no matter what the fans think of McNulty and his possession football. tactics, I still expect McNulty to be the manager next season, but he needs to learn from what he as done right and more importantly, what he as done wrong, but is capable of doing this?
[Post edited 30 Mar 8:54]
Gateshead Game Predictions on 09:25 - Mar 30 with 1585 viewsMass_Debater

Gateshead Game Predictions on 08:09 - Mar 30 by Trev

Despite the off field issues, avoiding a double relegation should not, in any way, be seen as an achievement. This league is poor and our squad is good enough to have been challenging for the play offs, our budget is aligned to this. The problem is, the longer we stay down here the harder it is to get out.

Trev, how do you know what our budget is?
Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:09 - Mar 30 with 1450 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 01:56 - Mar 30 by Shun

We very nearly didn’t have a club to support yet we still sit in upper mid-table, and you’re ‘ashamed’? Blimey.

Quite. I can honestly say I’ve never in my whole life been ashamed to be a Dale fan.

It must exhaust people who are negative about absolutely everything.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:15 - Mar 30 with 1436 viewsYouTubeDale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 21:05 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

Which are the managers that play this type of football?

Our crowd numbers have remained steady when you look at the last few seasons.

I liked the attacking intent of Woking when they visited us recently. In the last few weeks Woking have beaten Gateshead, Altrincham, Barnet and drew with Southend.

So Michael Doyle it is then.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:34 - Mar 30 with 1394 viewsWirralDale

I listened to the game, sounded frustrating to watch. Amazed at the number of Dale fans - they're great! Also surprised at the low turnout from home fans on a Bank Holiday, anyone know their average gate?
Login to get fewer ads

Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:47 - Mar 30 with 1355 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:15 - Mar 30 by YouTubeDale

I liked the attacking intent of Woking when they visited us recently. In the last few weeks Woking have beaten Gateshead, Altrincham, Barnet and drew with Southend.

So Michael Doyle it is then.

He’s been a manager three months. Eastleigh fans will have been impressed with the attacking intent of Dale recently.

Would be interested to hear about how Doyle sets up his sides and what his overall philosophy is and whether it differs from many managers these days.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:48 - Mar 30 with 1359 viewsDalenet

Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:34 - Mar 30 by WirralDale

I listened to the game, sounded frustrating to watch. Amazed at the number of Dale fans - they're great! Also surprised at the low turnout from home fans on a Bank Holiday, anyone know their average gate?

They average about 1000. So yesterday was a good turnout for them. The Metro system was off and that might have impacted the turnout a bit, plus Newcastle are at home today and Gateshead sometimes get a few of the Toon army along on non matchday weekends and they won't have turned up yesterday as a result. Overall they are a fan led club with lower budgets than ours and have had two great managers over the past couple of seasons to get them to where they are.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:01 - Mar 30 with 1333 viewsdingdangblue

Not great when we have to manufacture highlights, like a cross into the box is a highlight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:08 - Mar 30 with 1308 viewsEllDale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 08:41 - Mar 30 by NorthernDale

I did not expect much from Gateshead to be honest and this is not down to the team, it is basically down to McNulty. I have said it before, the team is good enough for the playoffs, but throwing points away against teams like Oxford City and other poor teams, due his preference for 'total options' football or what we call possession football.

I heard a rumour that Hendo had a go at him recently over his tactics and he as been on the bench since. We all accept that McNulty is a nice man and he is new as a manager, but is he the man who can take us forward, if he cannot change or is prepared to change. Hopefully when Sir Peter Ogden and Lady Ogden agree to take over, they can persuade McNulty to take advice from somebody like Keith Hill, who could act like a mentor to him. Because no matter what the fans think of McNulty and his possession football. tactics, I still expect McNulty to be the manager next season, but he needs to learn from what he as done right and more importantly, what he as done wrong, but is capable of doing this?
[Post edited 30 Mar 8:54]

Henderson has been suspended for the last three matches so hasn’t been available.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:20 - Mar 30 with 1271 viewsdawlishdale

The counter arguments discussed previously are exactly what you get playing the style we have adopted.. There are a handful who go ott with criticism, whilst an opposite handful are very supportive of the Manager. The truth is probably somewhere in between, although there have been too many occasions where I've watched in growing frustration as we fail to attack.

In all honesty, I'm growing bored in general at the way we have played for the past 4 seasons or so, and it seems to be actually worse this season in terms of the passing around for no reason (that I can see) Was it this bad under BBM? (who I blame for starting the decline alongside the evil Bottomley)

As others have said; this is not a good league, and given our squad (with a real bonus of having Hayes with us for a good number of games) we really should be in contention in the top 4 or 5.

Several teams have been impressive against us, but none (Chesterfield apart) have been so much superior that we stood no chance against them. And I'm aware that we drew against them recently. Gateshead beat us fair and square yesterday without really breaking sweat, whilst we never laid a glove on them. Their keeper will have had few easier afternoons.

So I'm in the McNulty isn't good enough camp. Yes he comes across well in interview and he obviously cares about the club, but he is so tactically negative that it's not true. Even in the 5 minutes added time yesterday, there were numerous times when we chose to play backwards rather than push forward. If it's true that our current Chairman likes watching the way we play; then he isn't the man for the job. Where's the ambition to thrill the crowds or ; heaven forbid attract new supporters?

It is an entertainment business, and if people are not feeling entertained then we will struggle. Sadly, I can count about 5 or 6 games where I have felt entertained. Probably 15 to 20 where it's been negative rubbish and baffling selections and tactics.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:36 - Mar 30 with 1224 viewsTrev

Gateshead Game Predictions on 09:25 - Mar 30 by Mass_Debater

Trev, how do you know what our budget is?

I don't, but I know it is at least top half.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:51 - Mar 30 with 1194 viewsMass_Debater

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:36 - Mar 30 by Trev

How do you know that?
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:00 - Mar 30 with 1088 viewsrealisticdale33

McNulty out. Football fraud. Won’t get anywhere with that useless dinosaur
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:01 - Mar 30 with 1076 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:36 - Mar 30 by Trev

Do you know what an oxymoron is?
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:03 - Mar 30 with 1058 viewsRodingdale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:48 - Mar 30 by Dalenet

They average about 1000. So yesterday was a good turnout for them. The Metro system was off and that might have impacted the turnout a bit, plus Newcastle are at home today and Gateshead sometimes get a few of the Toon army along on non matchday weekends and they won't have turned up yesterday as a result. Overall they are a fan led club with lower budgets than ours and have had two great managers over the past couple of seasons to get them to where they are.

A very insightful post. Gateshead seem to be really punching at least their weight. You say their budget is one of the lower ones..lower than Dales? Interesting that you say they’ve had a couple of great managers. Shows what you can do with a great manager.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 995 viewsYouTubeDale

The manager is by far the most important person on the books. We haven't got this position sorted at the moment and it needs sorting in the next few weeks.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 997 viewsTrev

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:51 - Mar 30 by Mass_Debater

How do you know that?

JM mentioned it in interviews earlier in the season.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:23 - Mar 30 with 988 viewsTrev

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:01 - Mar 30 by kel

Do you know what an oxymoron is?

Absolutely. That wasn't one. Thanks.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:42 - Mar 30 with 955 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:23 - Mar 30 by Trev

Absolutely. That wasn't one. Thanks.

You know but you don’t know.

You’re welcome.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:46 - Mar 30 with 937 viewsTrev

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:42 - Mar 30 by kel

You know but you don’t know.

You’re welcome.

Sigh.

I know Henderson is on more than Nevett. I don't know what either player earns. Hopefully this example helps you work out the difference.

Failing that you can Google an online dictionary to assist. If you can tear yourself away from arguing with strangers online for a minute or so.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:47 - Mar 30 with 936 viewsborodale

I thought Gateshead did pretty much did what we should be doing. Possession with more tempo, got the ball to the half way out of defence quickly (ala man city) and varied there play from there. There midfielder (Francis) was the hub of everything good they did and had the freedom of the park. When they played the ball forward it stuck and they carried a threat. We where very passive , when played forward we lost possession or recycled. So frustrating.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 14:04 - Mar 30 with 898 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:46 - Mar 30 by Trev

Sigh.

I know Henderson is on more than Nevett. I don't know what either player earns. Hopefully this example helps you work out the difference.

Failing that you can Google an online dictionary to assist. If you can tear yourself away from arguing with strangers online for a minute or so.

That’s some fine detective work there, who would have thought it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024