Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Appeal Red Card.. 17:04 - Apr 2 with 23629 viewsdale1968

In our current financial situation I dont get this.
We have a few games left and Hendo is avaialable so really baffling one by the club this.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/april/mitchellredcardappealed/?fbclid=Iw

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:25 - Apr 5 with 4282 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 06:43 - Apr 5 by kel

I always thought it was “tell tale tit”

Maybee I’m wrong though.

You are correct. 'Tell tale tit'

Unless you're a tit.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:54 - Apr 5 with 3834 viewsEllDale

Any news on the appeal?
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:16 - Apr 5 with 3752 viewsTVOS1907

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:54 - Apr 5 by EllDale

Any news on the appeal?

I would imagine we don't want to let Oldham know if he's available or not.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:17 - Apr 5 with 3742 viewsJames1980

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:54 - Apr 5 by EllDale

Any news on the appeal?

I wonder if they do the appeals in order of league so premier league appeals first. NLN/S last

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:54 - Apr 5 with 3609 viewsTVOS1907

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:17 - Apr 5 by James1980

I wonder if they do the appeals in order of league so premier league appeals first. NLN/S last

Wouldn't think so.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 16:10 - Apr 5 with 3547 viewsRodingdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:16 - Apr 5 by TVOS1907

Yeah - Oldham will change their set up completely if they knew the outcome. 🙄
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 3308 viewsTVOS1907

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 16:10 - Apr 5 by Rodingdale

Yeah - Oldham will change their set up completely if they knew the outcome. 🙄

OK, so what's your interpretation of why there hasn't been an update on the appeal?

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:46 - Apr 5 with 3103 viewsShun

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:31 - Apr 5 by TVOS1907

OK, so what's your interpretation of why there hasn't been an update on the appeal?

I’m curious about the sarcastic response too. Your explanation seemed like the most obvious one to me as well!
Login to get fewer ads

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 21:34 - Apr 5 with 2767 viewsRodingdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:31 - Apr 5 by TVOS1907

Sorry to explain for those of us not ITK. Usual lack of updates from the club on injuries for regular fans. Been poor from the club for as long as I can remember. I hope the club did get the red overturned and Mitchell bags a hat trick tomorrow. But I don’t think Oldham will be too worried about it either way.

Some really touchy people on here, I wish you’d been more vocal when then chairman of the club was threatening to call games off with a couple of days notice.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 22:11 - Apr 5 with 2687 viewsTVOS1907

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 21:34 - Apr 5 by Rodingdale

Sorry to explain for those of us not ITK. Usual lack of updates from the club on injuries for regular fans. Been poor from the club for as long as I can remember. I hope the club did get the red overturned and Mitchell bags a hat trick tomorrow. But I don’t think Oldham will be too worried about it either way.

Some really touchy people on here, I wish you’d been more vocal when then chairman of the club was threatening to call games off with a couple of days notice.

Sorry, but I'm not ITK one iota. You're way off the mark with that idea.

EllDale asked about the appeal and I thought my response was reasonably logical by putting two and two together and coming up with one possible explanation, especially as I was also wondering about it myself.

I could be way off the mark, but time will tell. And you're right, Oldham may not be worried about it, but we aren't going to let them know who's playing and who isn't until the teamsheets go in, are we?

I'm not sure what the Chairman's comments at the EGM have to do with this either as I, like yourself I presume, am just a fan, a season ticket holder and a shareholder who has compiled the matchday programme for 23 years, at the same time as having a job completely separate from the club.

Otherwise, as a regular fan myself, I agree with what you say about lack of updates, etc.
[Post edited 5 Apr 22:23]

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 22:24 - Apr 5 with 2636 viewsfitzochris

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:16 - Apr 5 by TVOS1907

I agree. I would imagine that’s the most likely reason.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 23:23 - Apr 5 with 2529 viewskel

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 21:34 - Apr 5 by Rodingdale

Don’t put yourself down. I’ll bet there’s not many on here who know the squads travel arrangements for away games.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/306852/4908100/refwatch-eb
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 23:40 - Apr 5 with 2500 viewslyberoc

I think that the lack of updates on the appeal is simply because there are none .I am sure that I read that the club will know the outcome shortly before the game tomorrow. I would think that the club will leave it as late as possible before handing the team sheet in just in case they get a positive result
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 07:17 - Apr 6 with 2283 viewsRodingdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 23:23 - Apr 5 by kel

Don’t put yourself down. I’ll bet there’s not many on here who know the squads travel arrangements for away games.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/306852/4908100/refwatch-eb

In which case all Oldham need to do is ask a bus driver.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:26 - Apr 6 with 1904 viewswozzrafc

Well I guess it was worth a punt after all!!
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:41 - Apr 6 with 1776 viewsShun

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 22:11 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

On another day another ref doesn't send him off. It was one of those that is open to interpretation. Even though he got the ball it was a lunge and could be regarded as reckless. No chance it will be overturned.

Oof.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:47 - Apr 6 with 1724 viewsturnthescrew

Correct decision to appeal, correct decision to overturn the red card. £500 back in the safe.

Those who castigated the club for 'wasting' £500 can all apologise and collect your toys from where they landed.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:48 - Apr 6 with 1710 viewsfrequency

Time to shine today kairo you should be buzzing with your appeal

Hate city

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:49 - Apr 6 with 1684 viewsdingdangblue

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:41 - Apr 6 by Shun

Oof.

Knew it'd work.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:56 - Apr 6 with 1609 viewsEdindale

Nice pre match boost for the squad.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:00 - Apr 6 with 1574 viewssxdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:47 - Apr 6 by turnthescrew

Correct decision to appeal, correct decision to overturn the red card. £500 back in the safe.

Those who castigated the club for 'wasting' £500 can all apologise and collect your toys from where they landed.

Good luck getting an apology from those posters, they don't possess a ladder big enough to safely climb down from their high horse.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:16 - Apr 6 with 1453 viewsThreeLions

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:00 - Apr 6 by sxdale

Good luck getting an apology from those posters, they don't possess a ladder big enough to safely climb down from their high horse.

I was going to say the same. Hell will freeze over before one of them admits he's ever wrong.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:27 - Apr 6 with 1405 viewsDrigdale

I was one who thought the appeal shouldn't go ahead simply because I saw Oldhams appeal rejected for what I thought was a lesser infringement.

Glad to say I was wrong. Lets hope Mitchell now gets the winner.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:31 - Apr 6 with 1380 viewsSandyDrum

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:15 - Apr 2 by SandyDrum

Why is it baffling? It’s £500 which gets refunded if the appeal is successful (which in my opinion it will be).

I wouldn’t even be surprised if hypothetically Big Jim himself had funded the appeal, if you’ve watched his post match interview you’ll see how passionately he feels it wasn’t a red card.

From what I can gather, we have been funded until the end of the season by the very generous Ogden Family, who will hopefully finalise a successful takeover of the club to keep us financially stable for at least the foreseeable future. I’m fairly certain we can afford £500 to appeal a conspicuous red card that will allow us to play our Number 9 against our local rivals.

Have a good day and enjoy the game everyone :)

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:56 - Apr 6 with 1241 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:47 - Apr 6 by turnthescrew

As i pointed out at the time, i was against the appeal - even if the red was overturned because it was risking money we didn't have a few days earlier, so it was a matter of respecting where we were financially

That other people couldn't respect that doesn't bode well for the future
[Post edited 6 Apr 12:58]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024