Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Investment update 17:32 - Apr 19 with 17310 viewsnordenblue

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/april/clubstatement_190424/?fbclid=IwZXh
Investment update on 11:58 - Apr 20 with 4810 viewsTalkingSutty

Investment update on 10:23 - Apr 20 by kel

Enjoy the summer. You’ve taken some unbelievable grief on here for your beliefs and this is the best outcome you could probably have hoped for.

Hopefully we can all just concentrate on the on field matters next season without the added worry of off pitch shenanigans.

Thanks Kel, i know that the overwhelming majority of us have the best interests of the club at heart, irrespective of the different views.Thats the main thing. Of course, there has always been a small minority who didn't care, even when the evidence of wrong doing was evident to everybody. When your CEO is banned from football for two years and the free loaders still think he was the best thing since sliced bread then there's not much you can do. They can never rewrite history though, we know who they are. Anyway enjoy your Summer also, hope to see you soon. Time to look forward now.
Investment update on 12:37 - Apr 20 with 4674 viewsDaleiLama

Investment update on 18:02 - Apr 19 by diplodocus

it will take a heck of more than a year to 'prove' anything to anyone. we are beginning a new era, and even Fergy needed 5 years before he won anything. its clear that continuity and sustainability are the number one factors in this 'takeover'. success will first be measured on the sustainabilty of the club off the pitch, not team success on it. look at how long it took N0. C0. and Wrexham to return to the league.
PS isn't it about time respect was shown S &R.

I disagree with proving anything to anyone. I have started reading CD's book recently and he was talking about getting shut of managers in his role of Chairman after the fans have turned against them.

As can be seen from several recent threads, the fanbase is largely struggling with the style of football we are trying to play this season. Add to that the head-scratching decisions BJ is making (see 442s 11.40 post in ref/match thread not to mention we could be 3 or 4 down after pissing about at the back again) and it's fair to say that he is a long way from having unanimous approval from the fanbase. In his favour, he has changed the team ethos from apathy last season to togetherness this season and is Dale through and through. He will also have a better budget for recruitment and an opportunity to shape shift the squad again this summer.

If he doesn't prove we can play differently depending on circumstances and adapt in-game though, he will have proven he's not the right man for the job. Some have already reached this point already. I'm getting there but not totally convinced just yet.

I do not disagree with your PS though. Their gesture is incredibly generous.
[Post edited 20 Apr 12:51]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Investment update on 12:47 - Apr 20 with 4637 viewsEllDale

As long as the lads in the Sandy keep on belting out “Jim McNulty’s Barmy Army” he’ll be reasonably safe.
The board won’t take into account the views of a couple of dozen people on here.
Investment update on 12:53 - Apr 20 with 4601 viewsDaleiLama

Investment update on 12:47 - Apr 20 by EllDale

As long as the lads in the Sandy keep on belting out “Jim McNulty’s Barmy Army” he’ll be reasonably safe.
The board won’t take into account the views of a couple of dozen people on here.

But they will take notice of fans voting with their feet. No good trying to fill a bucket if it's leaking faster than you can fill it

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Investment update on 12:54 - Apr 20 with 4590 viewsShun

One thing I’m hopeful of now is that when clubs come sniffing around for the likes of Nevitt, we’ll now no longer be seen as ‘soft-touch Dale,’ and instead ‘billionaire-owned Dale.’ It doesn’t mean we have to go spending recklessly, but I’d hope this at least gives us a better platform to begin negotiations from. Whilst we’ve done very well from certain deals such as Dawson and Hogan, others have been woeful from an under-selling point of view.
Investment update on 13:09 - Apr 20 with 4514 viewsThreeLions

This potential takeover when completed puts any financial worries of the second season in non league due to windfall payments disappearing at ease. Even before the announcement of liquidation by the end of last month there was the looming second season approaching fast which I think would have finished us off without deep pockets. The offer to keep the club sustainable and with a competitive playing budget puts all those worries to bed for at least the near future.

I'm not expecting us to go out and do a Wrexham or Stockport and spend our way out of the league but to be competitive will do just finely after the last few seasons of worry.

Up the Dale
Investment update on 13:16 - Apr 20 with 4448 viewsEllDale

Investment update on 12:54 - Apr 20 by Shun

One thing I’m hopeful of now is that when clubs come sniffing around for the likes of Nevitt, we’ll now no longer be seen as ‘soft-touch Dale,’ and instead ‘billionaire-owned Dale.’ It doesn’t mean we have to go spending recklessly, but I’d hope this at least gives us a better platform to begin negotiations from. Whilst we’ve done very well from certain deals such as Dawson and Hogan, others have been woeful from an under-selling point of view.

Perhaps we could now be a position to sell when we wanted to sell rather than rushing to flog the family silver at the earliest possible opportunity?
Investment update on 19:12 - Apr 20 with 3952 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Investment update on 00:36 - Apr 20 by ThreeLions

Cleaning that site up would bankrupt even the Ogdens. Don't think we will ever see anything being built on that land

Absolute toxic.....who would want to work on that site, highly dangerous.
Login to get fewer ads

Investment update on 20:37 - Apr 20 with 3726 viewssxdale

Investment update on 19:12 - Apr 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Absolute toxic.....who would want to work on that site, highly dangerous.

Who would want to work on that site? Highly skilled, well trained and competent workers that's who. That will cost you top dollar if you want to do it right. Not to mention the additional time it would take to build the facilities and start bringing an income to the club given how long remediation work will take. For that reason it makes much more sense to look elsewhere for a site. Unless there are some very hefty grants available.
Investment update on 20:59 - Apr 20 with 3643 viewsEllDale

There’s a heck of a lot of land just off Kingsway that used to be the St Joseph’s RC Middle School playing fields.
Just off the motorway and there used to be four full sized pitches there plus another piece of land where the cricket square was. Perfectly flat and well drained.
I’m not sure who it belongs to now. And if Sir Peter wants a sentimental journey it’s next his old junior school and round the corner from where he was brought up.
Investment update on 22:03 - Apr 20 with 3474 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Investment update on 18:48 - Apr 19 by Dale_4_Life

Well said.

Its a second chance that i did not think would be possible. We were VERY close to not seeing out this season.

Its up to everybody now involved at the club and all the supporters to come together like never before to ensure we only move forward and go from strength to strength.

Up the Dale.... When are the season cards on sale????

Season Cards should be put on sale asap while we have this fantastic "feelgood" and we are on a winning streak.
Investment update on 07:29 - Apr 21 with 3137 viewsdavidab2202

Investment update on 12:54 - Apr 20 by Shun

If as and when a player has been sold and goes on to have what can be seen as a relatively successful career, it becomes easy to suggest that we were "shafted" by the buyers, but not perhaps when the buyers took what is a gamble on young talent and it hasn't as of yet paid off.I am thinking of Adshead,Matheson and Baah as more recent examples were we might consider ourselves to have got a reasonable deal
Investment update on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 2959 viewsDown_the_Ale

Investment update on 07:29 - Apr 21 by davidab2202

If as and when a player has been sold and goes on to have what can be seen as a relatively successful career, it becomes easy to suggest that we were "shafted" by the buyers, but not perhaps when the buyers took what is a gamble on young talent and it hasn't as of yet paid off.I am thinking of Adshead,Matheson and Baah as more recent examples were we might consider ourselves to have got a reasonable deal

Those 3 were still poor deals at the time. We should have cashed in on the hype around Adshead and particularly Matheson (yet still didn't get 7 figures). Yes they have struggled since but who could have forseen that when we were selling them. Baah should have been offered a new contract several months before he was and instead of getting half a million we ended up with just over 6 figures. Not good deals! And since then, similar could be said for Morley and perhaps Beesley but cash restraints, even though not visible to us at the time, could well have played a part.
Moral of the story is that we have always sold too cheap and now hopefully that will not need to happen
Investment update on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 2802 viewsDalenet

Investment update on 09:24 - Apr 21 by Down_the_Ale

Those 3 were still poor deals at the time. We should have cashed in on the hype around Adshead and particularly Matheson (yet still didn't get 7 figures). Yes they have struggled since but who could have forseen that when we were selling them. Baah should have been offered a new contract several months before he was and instead of getting half a million we ended up with just over 6 figures. Not good deals! And since then, similar could be said for Morley and perhaps Beesley but cash restraints, even though not visible to us at the time, could well have played a part.
Moral of the story is that we have always sold too cheap and now hopefully that will not need to happen

Not sure why you think it won't continue to happen. If we lose academy status in 2025 then our talent won't be recognised in the same way. We have an investor who wishes to see us move to a sustainable position. To my mind that still means selling players - unless we magically double our other revenues from somewhere. We will always be a selling club and the buyer will decide how much to pay. And we will no longer have the protection on the sale of young players moving forward that the Academy status brought.
[Post edited 21 Apr 11:20]
Investment update on 10:58 - Apr 21 with 2761 viewsjudd

Investment update on 09:24 - Apr 21 by Down_the_Ale

Interesting that you appear to know amounts received for what have been undisclosed fees, and I, for one, have been unable to identify exact amounts for each player from subsequent accounts.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Investment update on 11:09 - Apr 21 with 2734 viewskel

Investment update on 10:58 - Apr 21 by judd

Interesting that you appear to know amounts received for what have been undisclosed fees, and I, for one, have been unable to identify exact amounts for each player from subsequent accounts.

Isn’t it just?

It’s a damn shame people are still playing games when we’re on the cusp of something special. Odious.
Investment update on 11:31 - Apr 21 with 2674 viewsD_Alien

Investment update on 10:48 - Apr 21 by Dalenet

Not sure why you think it won't continue to happen. If we lose academy status in 2025 then our talent won't be recognised in the same way. We have an investor who wishes to see us move to a sustainable position. To my mind that still means selling players - unless we magically double our other revenues from somewhere. We will always be a selling club and the buyer will decide how much to pay. And we will no longer have the protection on the sale of young players moving forward that the Academy status brought.
[Post edited 21 Apr 11:20]

If we look at the situation in 2009 when we had a tax bill to pay. we sold ALF to Rotherham for (i think) £70k which could be deemed well below his true market valuation (especially given his subsequent career). The sale was required or we could've been handed a winding up order by the tax authorities, or so the narrative was put forward at the time (i stand to be corrected)

If such a situation were to occur going forward from here, would we be required to sell at below market valuation to pay an urgent bill... or not? It very much remains to be seen

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Investment update on 11:56 - Apr 21 with 2583 viewsDown_the_Ale

Investment update on 11:09 - Apr 21 by kel

Isn’t it just?

It’s a damn shame people are still playing games when we’re on the cusp of something special. Odious.

I'd be interested to know what "games" people are playing. Some people would rather deal with rumours than fact wouldn't they Kel, or whatever suits their agenda. Its a real shame people don't have a mind of their own.
Investment update on 11:59 - Apr 21 with 2568 viewskel

Investment update on 11:56 - Apr 21 by Down_the_Ale

I'd be interested to know what "games" people are playing. Some people would rather deal with rumours than fact wouldn't they Kel, or whatever suits their agenda. Its a real shame people don't have a mind of their own.

Write a letter about it, poppet xx
Investment update on 13:23 - Apr 21 with 2386 viewsSJE_Dale

Been a fan for 25 years and this is the most excited/relieved/emotional I’ve been about Dale for as long as I can remember.

I echo what others say that this means more than all the promotions, cup runs and derby wins. It allows us to survive for generations to come.

This also has the potential to be a massive turning point in the clubs history, and it isn’t just about league positions.

For too long Rochdale as a town has been run through the mud by press and people alike. Rochdale’s crap, so we’re crap and by extension our football club, despite all the good we’ve done from a footballing perspective in the past 10-15 years.

I have to admit I’m a sceptic myself and fell into this: “why would anyone invest in little old Rochdale”. We don’t get the right amount of fans in the gates, we’re plucky and just get by.

However our prayers have been answered here and I genuinely feel with the right moves from our prospective new owners this could not only turnaround the football club but bring more to the town as a whole.

We’re never going to be huge spenders (rightly so) but having a community asset that is competitive and doesn’t have to bow down other clubs around us because they’ve got more cash in the bank.

My brother-in-law is a York City fan. They’ve had a very poor season on the pitch, but the people of York back the team week in week out. They average somewhere in the region of 5000 a week nowadays and the atmosphere is fantastic.

We need to put moves in to do the same, coupled with how expensive Premier League football is to watch nowadays smaller clubs like us have a massive opportunity to swell up disassociated fans who are from Rochdale but can no longer afford to watch United, City, Liverpool etc.

I used to dream of coming to a sold out Spotland week in week and for the first time ever I can see this being a possibility. There’s a huge amount of work to do but I will be there for the whole journey starting with buying my season ticket as soon as they are on sale.

This town and team is worth investing in. Up the Dale
Investment update on 11:21 - Apr 22 with 1785 viewsJames1980

I know I have shared this before but I think investigating a link up with The Bee Network and Northern Rail to provide free travel during a predetermined time period on matchdays could be worthwhile. Especially with the expected season ticket price increase. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/stadiums/the-amex-stadium/transport/f
Brighton were doing this before they moved to the new stadium.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Investment update on 20:45 - Apr 22 with 1294 viewswatford_dale

Investment update on 17:53 - Apr 19 by DaleiLama

This won't suit everyone, but essentially, the board and manager should now have a "prove it" year with the benefit of additional resources. If things don't improve and we don't progress, then I would hope appropriate actions would be taken by our new owners, but it's way too premature for such discussions at this juncture. All in all, from where we were, this is about as much as we could ever have hoped for in our collective wildest dreams after the stark EGM and where we stood after it.

Up the Dale - deffo no longer for sale!
[Post edited 19 Apr 17:54]

I think the board and the manager have had their prove it year and it didn't go that well.

I appreciate SPO wants continuity, just hope that he puts in place a board member that knows what they are doing or at least trains the current board. Then if things do not improve then they can make the required decision at an appropriate time during the season, preferably by the end of Nov to coincide with marketing the xmas games bundle.

Final attendance for Rochdale v Borehamwood 1,797. The more worrying statistic, which only style of football and results can change.
Investment update on 20:50 - Apr 22 with 1270 viewsEllDale

In mitigation Tuesday night fixtures in the past have often seen a reduction in the average attendance for a multitude of reasons.
That should be something the new board/administration should be perhaps having a look at addressing?
Investment update on 20:58 - Apr 22 with 1236 viewsBrierls

The email re pre-emption has gone out to shareholders this evening.

It can’t be stressed enough how important it is that no existing shareholders take up this offer. Do nothing, let the share issue happen, and allow the Ogden Family to complete the deal as soon as possible.
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:22]
Investment update on 21:14 - Apr 22 with 1169 viewsD_Alien

Investment update on 20:58 - Apr 22 by Brierls

The email re pre-emption has gone out to shareholders this evening.

It can’t be stressed enough how important it is that no existing shareholders take up this offer. Do nothing, let the share issue happen, and allow the Ogden Family to complete the deal as soon as possible.
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:22]

Yes, that's the takeaway from the email

Looks like a matter of making things watertight and it seems likely the Ogdens will have had major input into how this has been formulated so let's hope it doesn't lead to any unnecessary delays

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024