Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 101207 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 21:52 - Jun 30 with 1662 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 21:40 - Jun 30 by 222gers

Weather forecast for Thursday, sunny intervals.
The Tories won't like that. It's always been a given that Labour voters won't bother if it's raining dogs and cats.

I’m sure I read once that good weather helps win a few more votes for the current party. People feel more positive etc.
General Election Thread on 21:56 - Jun 30 with 1644 viewsClive_Anderson

General Election Thread on 11:00 - Jun 30 by DannyPaddox

Shades of Alan Partridge & Spinal Tap.
And of course XTC 😁

To be honest I'd probably vote for Alan Partridge if he promised to stop my little town continuing to turn into a third world slum.
General Election Thread on 22:04 - Jun 30 with 1614 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 21:56 - Jun 30 by Clive_Anderson

To be honest I'd probably vote for Alan Partridge if he promised to stop my little town continuing to turn into a third world slum.

Reform has promised to keep the electorate who are anti immigration happy by slashing entry into the country and big business happy with de regulation and cheap labour.

You can’t do both, so he’s going to let someone down. I don’t think it will be latter.
General Election Thread on 22:31 - Jun 30 with 1543 viewsClive_Anderson

General Election Thread on 22:04 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Reform has promised to keep the electorate who are anti immigration happy by slashing entry into the country and big business happy with de regulation and cheap labour.

You can’t do both, so he’s going to let someone down. I don’t think it will be latter.

Maybe he's lying it wouldn't surprise me, but the other parties seem to be waving them all in on mass so it's worth a punt.
General Election Thread on 22:50 - Jun 30 with 1491 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 22:31 - Jun 30 by Clive_Anderson

Maybe he's lying it wouldn't surprise me, but the other parties seem to be waving them all in on mass so it's worth a punt.

Well, I don’t think that’s what happening but I won’t pick at that scab again.

But do you get my point? I don’t think you’ll ever get what you want under neoliberalism.
General Election Thread on 23:41 - Jun 30 with 1411 viewscolinallcars

I've just recovered after being taken ill laughing at a David Cameron interview in which, gushingly praising Rishi Sunak, he said Rishi has accomplished things no recent PM could have done.
When reminded he installed three of the recent PMs into top posts he spluttered “I'm very proud of the people I have promoted”
General Election Thread on 00:05 - Jul 1 with 1381 viewsstowmarketrange

Farage has been trying to reform British politics for at least 10-15 years and what has he achieved apart from Brexit?
The same people who voted for UKIP will follow him and vote for reform but we won’t reform anything as it will be just a protest vote if anyone bothers to put their cross for his candidates.Although he might go close in Clacton.
General Election Thread on 05:39 - Jul 1 with 1283 viewsloftboy

So the far right wins the first round of the French election, far left second with Macrons mob back in 3rd, interesting times ahead.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 07:07 - Jul 1 with 1227 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 05:39 - Jul 1 by loftboy

So the far right wins the first round of the French election, far left second with Macrons mob back in 3rd, interesting times ahead.

Might not be a bad thing for them to win. They will then actually have to do/achieve something and will be exposed if they can't.
General Election Thread on 10:32 - Jul 1 with 1108 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 22:04 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

When the phrase Immigration is used, are they talking about legitimate applications/work visas etc or dinghys?
General Election Thread on 10:46 - Jul 1 with 1074 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 10:32 - Jul 1 by Juzzie

When the phrase Immigration is used, are they talking about legitimate applications/work visas etc or dinghys?

I heard Farage say 'zero entries' on TV the other day but the manifesto says 'non crucial immigration' so not really sure.
General Election Thread on 10:50 - Jul 1 with 1054 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 00:05 - Jul 1 by stowmarketrange

Farage has been trying to reform British politics for at least 10-15 years and what has he achieved apart from Brexit?
The same people who voted for UKIP will follow him and vote for reform but we won’t reform anything as it will be just a protest vote if anyone bothers to put their cross for his candidates.Although he might go close in Clacton.

Pretty sure he’ll win Clacton. Would be hilarious if he didn’t but they’ve picked it for a reason and thrown plenty of resources at it which others haven’t.
General Election Thread on 10:58 - Jul 1 with 1030 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 10:50 - Jul 1 by Watford_Ranger

Pretty sure he’ll win Clacton. Would be hilarious if he didn’t but they’ve picked it for a reason and thrown plenty of resources at it which others haven’t.

Labour think he's won.

They have banned their candidate from campaigning.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-clacton-farage-reform-jova
General Election Thread on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 1015 viewscolinallcars

Sunak saying Starmer would re-introduce James the first's window tax.
I don't believe a word of it - that would be daylight robbery.
General Election Thread on 11:40 - Jul 1 with 971 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 10:58 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Labour think he's won.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-clacton-farage-reform-jova

They haven’t. They’ve focussed funding on what they perceive to be more winnable seats as all parties always have and are doing now.
General Election Thread on 12:38 - Jul 1 with 899 viewsderbyhoop

Farage lying? Surely not?
Like a posh version of Arthur Daley. Anybody trusting him needs to have a serious look at their "contract". It makes Brexit look deliverable and Truss a model of common sense.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

General Election Thread on 13:25 - Jul 1 with 779 viewsSuperhoop83

General Election Thread on 12:38 - Jul 1 by derbyhoop

Farage lying? Surely not?
Like a posh version of Arthur Daley. Anybody trusting him needs to have a serious look at their "contract". It makes Brexit look deliverable and Truss a model of common sense.

You forgot to mention that he's a man of the people too.

Suffering since 1978.

General Election Thread on 13:45 - Jul 1 with 714 viewsflynnbo

General Election Thread on 13:25 - Jul 1 by Superhoop83

You forgot to mention that he's a man of the people too.

Enjoyed Jonathan Pie when we saw him in April.
General Election Thread on 14:39 - Jul 1 with 620 viewsQPR_John

General Election Thread on 10:58 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Labour think he's won.

I would suggest Labour will be quite happy if Farage won Clacton.
General Election Thread on 15:04 - Jul 1 with 569 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 11:40 - Jul 1 by Watford_Ranger

They haven’t. They’ve focussed funding on what they perceive to be more winnable seats as all parties always have and are doing now.

They’ve physically moved the candidate to the West Midlands.
General Election Thread on 15:41 - Jul 1 with 514 viewskensalriser

Hope Labour are paying attention to what happens when the centre persistently fails and pisses off everybody.

I'm not confident. I fear that once climate change migration starts in earnest there'll be governments in Europe shooting to kill at small boats. And people will applaud them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

General Election Thread on 16:21 - Jul 1 with 478 viewsterryb

General Election Thread on 15:41 - Jul 1 by kensalriser

Hope Labour are paying attention to what happens when the centre persistently fails and pisses off everybody.

I'm not confident. I fear that once climate change migration starts in earnest there'll be governments in Europe shooting to kill at small boats. And people will applaud them.

I'm not sure where this centre position is that you mention.

Unless you consider Blair as central (further to the right of Ted), I don't think we've had that since Heath!
General Election Thread on 17:13 - Jul 1 with 437 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bad news for Corbyn critics.

The Labour candidate in Islington North is under criminal investigation.
General Election Thread on 17:58 - Jul 1 with 389 viewsStainrod

General Election Thread on 10:46 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I heard Farage say 'zero entries' on TV the other day but the manifesto says 'non crucial immigration' so not really sure.

Which, as I suspect you might agree, begs the question. If someone is coming to the country to take up a role as a nurse, is that "crucial"? Or if the role can't be filled - and there are already tens of thousands of vacancies in the NHS - is that just tough, and we do without the nurse? Or do they pump billions extra into the NHS to raise salaries and tempt more Brits into the roles? If so, where does that money come from? These are the kind of real, serious problems governments have to wrestle with, albeit the Conservatives were never truthful or brave enough to spell out the trade offs.
General Election Thread on 18:33 - Jul 1 with 337 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 17:58 - Jul 1 by Stainrod

Which, as I suspect you might agree, begs the question. If someone is coming to the country to take up a role as a nurse, is that "crucial"? Or if the role can't be filled - and there are already tens of thousands of vacancies in the NHS - is that just tough, and we do without the nurse? Or do they pump billions extra into the NHS to raise salaries and tempt more Brits into the roles? If so, where does that money come from? These are the kind of real, serious problems governments have to wrestle with, albeit the Conservatives were never truthful or brave enough to spell out the trade offs.

The ambiguity of the term ‘crucial’ is deliberate. Gives wiggle room for future U-Turns. Personally, I can’t think of any front line rolea that aren’t crucial.

Migration for me is a moral issue not an economic one. I’m not a fan of determining someone’s legitimacy or worth by their labour contribution.

A sure fire way of reducing migration of all kinds into your country, if that is your bag, is to:

- Invest in poor nations infrastructure and remove historic debt without condition to make working there more attractive.
- Cease foreign interventions, both militarily and with subterfuge to avoid people displaced by war.
- Combat climate change (the big one) to avoid future climate migrants.

None of that is attractive to Reform or any party committed to GDP growth for GDP growth’s sake.
[Post edited 1 Jul 23:06]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024