Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Gove 19:09 - May 24 with 1535 viewsraynor94

Is standing down as an MP before the election, that makes 70 now.

I won't be sorry to see the back of the little backstabber

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michael Gove on 19:14 - May 24 with 1053 viewsSullutaCreturned

70 tories, 20 Labour and 9 SNP.

The tories know their getting a hiding, I don't know about the labour MP's but the SNP know their party is in a mess too.
Michael Gove on 19:20 - May 24 with 1035 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Michael Gove on 19:21 - May 24 with 1033 viewsWhiterockin

Michael Gove on 19:14 - May 24 by SullutaCreturned

70 tories, 20 Labour and 9 SNP.

The tories know their getting a hiding, I don't know about the labour MP's but the SNP know their party is in a mess too.

What about the MPs who were elected under one party banner and have changed parties or been excluded. The Swansea West MP is one, will he be running for Labour or independent.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Michael Gove on 19:54 - May 24 with 995 viewsGwyn737

Although I don’t agree with a lot of his politics, he is/was an excellent politician.

You watch, he’ll end up as editor of The Times or something which could be a good thing.
Michael Gove on 20:25 - May 24 with 955 viewsmax936

Never to be seen again hopefully the snivelly grotty little T.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michael Gove on 20:48 - May 24 with 943 viewsDr_Winston

Like him or not, Gove is a capable political operator. As much as people are celebrating those stepping down, it does suggest that the opposition after the forthcoming election is likely to be weak and disorganised, which does nobody any good, especially when there are as many concerns about the incoming Government as there are.

A strong opposition is just as important as a strong Government. NuLab was a strong opposition, but a poor Govt because of the shambles opposing them. As were Cameron's Conservatives prior to 2010.

I mean, a Labour party fronted by basically anyone other than Corbyn or someone of his ilk would have done better against Johnson in 2019.
[Post edited 24 May 20:52]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Gove on 20:57 - May 24 with 934 viewsWingstandwood

Michael Gove on 20:48 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

Like him or not, Gove is a capable political operator. As much as people are celebrating those stepping down, it does suggest that the opposition after the forthcoming election is likely to be weak and disorganised, which does nobody any good, especially when there are as many concerns about the incoming Government as there are.

A strong opposition is just as important as a strong Government. NuLab was a strong opposition, but a poor Govt because of the shambles opposing them. As were Cameron's Conservatives prior to 2010.

I mean, a Labour party fronted by basically anyone other than Corbyn or someone of his ilk would have done better against Johnson in 2019.
[Post edited 24 May 20:52]

It does make you wonder how many considered to be influencial, of expreince, or 'heavy hitters' will be left come polling day.

It looks like we could be witnessing a mass-desertion underway here!
[Post edited 24 May 20:58]

Argus!

Michael Gove on 21:01 - May 24 with 907 viewsGwyn737

Michael Gove on 20:57 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

It does make you wonder how many considered to be influencial, of expreince, or 'heavy hitters' will be left come polling day.

It certainly looks like a few of the big beasts are looking to avoid their Portillo moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Gove on 21:07 - May 24 with 885 viewsWingstandwood

Michael Gove on 21:01 - May 24 by Gwyn737

It certainly looks like a few of the big beasts are looking to avoid their Portillo moment.

I reckon the early than expected election date/call has upset a few, because surely they could have announced their intention to stand down far earlier than this like others have, so that the party could find replacements well in advance.

This looks like this is deliberate 'out of the blue' timing to stick two fingers up to Sunak!

Argus!

Michael Gove on 21:10 - May 24 with 883 viewsDr_Winston

All of this plays into what I've said before. MP's are ludicrously underpaid.

Any individual with anything about them of the standard required to run the country will go nowhere near an annual salary of £91k, unless they can earn so much on the side that their day job becomes an embuggerance. People can land a Civil Service job and be anonymous with no public expectation and earn that. In the private sector they could earn five, even ten times more.

That so many people can simply decide to walk away from a job paying that much tells its own story.

MP wages need to be at least doubled. To compensate, we could slash the numbers of them by at least a third, maybe half.
[Post edited 24 May 21:30]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Gove on 22:30 - May 24 with 827 viewscimlaswan

As of now, 78 Tory MP's not standing at the election. Among them:

John Redwood, Matt Hancock, Kwasi Kwarteng, Tracey Crouch, Nick Gibb, Chris Grayling, Ben Wallace, Greg Knight, Bill Cash, Dominic Raab, Graham Brady, George Eustice, Sajid Javid, Theresa May, Nadhim Zahawi, Andrea Leadsom, Michael Gove.

Some big names in there.
Michael Gove on 22:46 - May 24 with 810 viewsmajorraglan

Michael Gove on 22:30 - May 24 by cimlaswan

As of now, 78 Tory MP's not standing at the election. Among them:

John Redwood, Matt Hancock, Kwasi Kwarteng, Tracey Crouch, Nick Gibb, Chris Grayling, Ben Wallace, Greg Knight, Bill Cash, Dominic Raab, Graham Brady, George Eustice, Sajid Javid, Theresa May, Nadhim Zahawi, Andrea Leadsom, Michael Gove.

Some big names in there.

And a few who have some serious question marks about their ability and integrity.
Michael Gove on 00:46 - May 25 with 779 viewsRobbie

As a neutral in Political and Politicians of any Party , is this a heads up of events in July .

If so , need to check the odds on The Reds in the next big showdown . Ladbrokes anyone .

Just why are Senior Tory MPs jumping ship now .a MP salary is around 90k per annum for hopefuly honest members . plus dubious expence claims .
Their peers are multi millionaires and will thrive on future PR and book signings .

Much as I dislike them all the threats and murder on some of Westminster is tragic .

90 grand per year to get stabbed , no way for me , add in emergency services too .

Premiership footballers , their wages are obscene to the real world we are in .

Time to pin the tail on the donkeys rear end blinfolded looms .
Michael Gove on 10:13 - May 25 with 681 viewsWingstandwood

The Tory party is currently short of TWO HUNDRED CANDIDATES and new incomers have to be registered by next Thursday!!! Video 0:00s - 0:41s.

Argus!

Michael Gove on 10:20 - May 25 with 675 viewsonehunglow

Michael Gove on 00:46 - May 25 by Robbie

As a neutral in Political and Politicians of any Party , is this a heads up of events in July .

If so , need to check the odds on The Reds in the next big showdown . Ladbrokes anyone .

Just why are Senior Tory MPs jumping ship now .a MP salary is around 90k per annum for hopefuly honest members . plus dubious expence claims .
Their peers are multi millionaires and will thrive on future PR and book signings .

Much as I dislike them all the threats and murder on some of Westminster is tragic .

90 grand per year to get stabbed , no way for me , add in emergency services too .

Premiership footballers , their wages are obscene to the real world we are in .

Time to pin the tail on the donkeys rear end blinfolded looms .

Terrific posting Sir

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Gove on 10:28 - May 25 with 669 viewsmax936

Michael Gove on 20:57 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

Bout time as well, a complete overall of politics and political parties is long overdue, the last 13/14 years tell us that and moreso since the disastrous time of Johnson at the helm and then we had Truss who was absolutely clueless.

Couple that with a useless opposition party and its a political world of chaos with no direction.

Starmer doesn't give me any hope either.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michael Gove on 11:08 - May 25 with 642 viewsWingstandwood

Michael Gove on 10:28 - May 25 by max936

Bout time as well, a complete overall of politics and political parties is long overdue, the last 13/14 years tell us that and moreso since the disastrous time of Johnson at the helm and then we had Truss who was absolutely clueless.

Couple that with a useless opposition party and its a political world of chaos with no direction.

Starmer doesn't give me any hope either.

Me neither!

My absolute 'terror' (and I hope I am wrong, I will rejoice if so) is that Starmer becomes a green light for horrendous illegal immigration numbers in the same way that Biden has in the U.S.A, ffs look at New York. It's (described as by U.S politicians of both parties) catastrophic. Look at Ireland also with streets full of tents!!!!

Proposed "Safe and legal routes" Biden style and carte blanche invasion by hundreds of thousands, or millions brings nothing but societal ruination. Yeah the U.K really requires an extra ten million added to the ten million that have arrived since New Labour came in with Blair.

The last thing the U.K wants is even more (It's bad enough as it is) undocumented criminals, organised crime gangs, and an underclass that is there to be slave-labour and black economy impoverished. That impacts? The poorest in British society the most!!!!

Argus!

Michael Gove on 13:28 - May 25 with 591 viewsonehunglow

Michael Gove on 11:08 - May 25 by Wingstandwood

Me neither!

My absolute 'terror' (and I hope I am wrong, I will rejoice if so) is that Starmer becomes a green light for horrendous illegal immigration numbers in the same way that Biden has in the U.S.A, ffs look at New York. It's (described as by U.S politicians of both parties) catastrophic. Look at Ireland also with streets full of tents!!!!

Proposed "Safe and legal routes" Biden style and carte blanche invasion by hundreds of thousands, or millions brings nothing but societal ruination. Yeah the U.K really requires an extra ten million added to the ten million that have arrived since New Labour came in with Blair.

The last thing the U.K wants is even more (It's bad enough as it is) undocumented criminals, organised crime gangs, and an underclass that is there to be slave-labour and black economy impoverished. That impacts? The poorest in British society the most!!!!

Be careful what you dream of
It will come up and surprise you

Michael Gove on 13:56 - May 25 with 576 viewsRobbie

Who has the answer to the small boats issue and illegal criminals arriving into the UK will play a major role in my voting choice .

So far neither of the main parties policies fill me with confidence , Sunack has dropped his Rwanda plan and is on his starting blocks ready to do a runner if it all goes wrong .

Starmer , so far all waffle about tighter border controls , checks etc , actions needed now .
Of course he was a Human Rights activist before , as was Blairs wife , both making a mint in advising migrants of their rights here .
Blair started the open door policy of immigration , countless PMs since have been unable to close the door since , all Home Secretaries since have failed dismally too .

Unfortuately cannot base my vote on Mandates and promises , all nonsense soon to be broken asap anyway .

Get controlled immigration right , that Party will get my vote .
Michael Gove on 14:01 - May 25 with 572 viewsWingstandwood

Michael Gove on 13:28 - May 25 by onehunglow

Be careful what you dream of
It will come up and surprise you

Sadly what I predicted during Pikey Pauls record breaking thread many years back has now come true i.e. adding millions upon millions, upon millions to a countries population comes with negatives, that'll seriously impact vital services and peoples quality of life in appalling ways.

At the time I compared it to pouring a pint into a half pint glass and trying to put a M12 bolt into a M10 sized hole. For the WOKE lefty-loon losers on here to then reply with (now a badge of honour name) with "gammon" labeling etc. The "gammon" have been vindicated and proven to be 100% correct about their concerns.

And sadly I was also bang-on with my predictions about abandonment of border control, when I said that the U.K will become "THE" ideal destination for foreign organised crime, Narco-state infiltration, criminality and other countries 'unwanted'.

It's nothing to brag about being right all the time about bleeding-bloody-obvious repercussions of, because its common sense and critical thinking ability that many kids of pre-comprehensive school age have anyhow.

Argus!

Michael Gove on 14:17 - May 25 with 558 viewsonehunglow

Michael Gove on 13:56 - May 25 by Robbie

Who has the answer to the small boats issue and illegal criminals arriving into the UK will play a major role in my voting choice .

So far neither of the main parties policies fill me with confidence , Sunack has dropped his Rwanda plan and is on his starting blocks ready to do a runner if it all goes wrong .

Starmer , so far all waffle about tighter border controls , checks etc , actions needed now .
Of course he was a Human Rights activist before , as was Blairs wife , both making a mint in advising migrants of their rights here .
Blair started the open door policy of immigration , countless PMs since have been unable to close the door since , all Home Secretaries since have failed dismally too .

Unfortuately cannot base my vote on Mandates and promises , all nonsense soon to be broken asap anyway .

There’s money in migrants

Michael Gove on 14:20 - May 25 with 557 viewsGwyn737

I agree as long as a party is clear with their definitions on what they mean.

Stopping illegal immigration is an obvious one but these make uk a small percentage of overall migration.

We have control of the rest (the massive majority) of migration so I need to here about how we’re going to get our own back to work in the industries we need them to stop the economy disappearing further down the plughole.
Michael Gove on 17:23 - May 25 with 493 viewsWingstandwood

It sadly looks like an extremely bleak and utterly ruinous future for the U.K according to 'Migration Watch' Alp Mehmet today.

(QUOTE:) “What I’m really concerned about is that neither party, the main party whichever one forms the next government, polls are suggesting it’s going to be Labour, whichever one it is don’t expect numbers to come down significantly.

We are going to continue at this rate. The only way it will be brought down, is by having a cap. That is the only realistic way that you are going to make sure that the numbers you need are coming in and no more. That is not going to happen!

I’m afraid it’s going to continue running totally out of control whoever forms the next government. That’s seriously worrying!”. (END OF QUOTE)

Truly shocking and terryfying if we are heading towards Alp Mehmets estimate today of a TWENTY MILLION population increase by the year 2046, if immigration numbers are allowed continue at the rate they have. And thats excluding the 10 million population increase since 1997. And we are yet to hear about immigration number caps from both Labour or Tories.

Argus!

Michael Gove on 19:35 - May 25 with 413 viewsAnotherJohn

Michael Gove on 17:23 - May 25 by Wingstandwood

It sadly looks like an extremely bleak and utterly ruinous future for the U.K according to 'Migration Watch' Alp Mehmet today.

(QUOTE:) “What I’m really concerned about is that neither party, the main party whichever one forms the next government, polls are suggesting it’s going to be Labour, whichever one it is don’t expect numbers to come down significantly.

We are going to continue at this rate. The only way it will be brought down, is by having a cap. That is the only realistic way that you are going to make sure that the numbers you need are coming in and no more. That is not going to happen!

I’m afraid it’s going to continue running totally out of control whoever forms the next government. That’s seriously worrying!”. (END OF QUOTE)

Truly shocking and terryfying if we are heading towards Alp Mehmets estimate today of a TWENTY MILLION population increase by the year 2046, if immigration numbers are allowed continue at the rate they have. And thats excluding the 10 million population increase since 1997. And we are yet to hear about immigration number caps from both Labour or Tories.

To my mind it is the number 1 issue at present, because it directly affects other headline issues like cost of living (in sense of making ends meet for those on low wages), NHS, affordability of housing, and inadequate investment in infrastructure.
Michael Gove on 19:40 - May 25 with 409 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Michael Gove on 19:35 - May 25 by AnotherJohn

To my mind it is the number 1 issue at present, because it directly affects other headline issues like cost of living (in sense of making ends meet for those on low wages), NHS, affordability of housing, and inadequate investment in infrastructure.

I tend to agree, we can't just increase the population without the infrastructure to support society it's simple mathematics.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024