Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PITCH!!!!! 09:44 - Feb 8 with 8370 viewsgeorgedale

Just wondering what work is being done to get the pitch ready for Saturday, it would be nice for the OS to give us an update on the ground!!
PITCH!!!!! on 09:47 - Feb 8 with 4610 views442Dale

Would think the snow is frozen on top of the covers they use at the moment. But yes, an update would be good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

PITCH!!!!! on 09:57 - Feb 8 with 4578 viewsaleanddale

snow on the covers acting a little bit like insualtion although under the main stand strip ( one third of pitch running Sandy to TDS is solid )

The snow will need removing before Friday so if we get a cold Friday night we are in trouble.

The pitch will be hard and it will be down to the ref to see if there has been a suitable thaw.

A tricky one for the groundstaff this weekend and i would put our chances of a game at 50/50.

we are in the hands of the weather gods and need some luck.
PITCH!!!!! on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 4554 viewsdingdangblue

Well the thermometer in my car this morning read -5 so I would say the chances of Saturdays game being on are slim to none - and slim just left town.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

PITCH!!!!! on 11:15 - Feb 8 with 4486 viewsgeorgedale

PITCH!!!!! on 10:14 - Feb 8 by dingdangblue

Well the thermometer in my car this morning read -5 so I would say the chances of Saturdays game being on are slim to none - and slim just left town.

Just been advised by a very good source at the club that the game is already OFF, won't advertise it yet to early but no chance it's going ahead!
PITCH!!!!! on 11:25 - Feb 8 with 4457 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

PITCH!!!!! on 11:15 - Feb 8 by georgedale

Just been advised by a very good source at the club that the game is already OFF, won't advertise it yet to early but no chance it's going ahead!

Will the excuse be waterlogged pitch because the club never asked anybody to move the ice ready for the temperatures rising over tomorrow/friday?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

PITCH!!!!! on 11:28 - Feb 8 with 4449 viewselectricblue

Possible snow thursday night friday and plenty of it according to NWT.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

PITCH!!!!! on 11:33 - Feb 8 with 4432 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/rochdale_forecast_weather.html

It Probably is already in doubt looking at the current figures a slushy pitch on Thursday Night/Friday Morning

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

PITCH!!!!! on 11:37 - Feb 8 with 4429 views442Dale

The Met Office have snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon then rain.

The temperatures are due to rise but with things changing all the time what looked like a certain postponement is impossible to predict right now. If it does stay the same and the pitch can be uncovered by Friday, there's a chance.

It's all dependent on the club reacting quickly to the conditions - eg arranging for people to help shift snow tomorrow evening if it stops. It's been illustrated enough times in the past that fans will help, under the floodlights if necessary.

Login to get fewer ads

PITCH!!!!! on 11:42 - Feb 8 with 4421 viewsD_Alien

PITCH!!!!! on 11:37 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

The Met Office have snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon then rain.

The temperatures are due to rise but with things changing all the time what looked like a certain postponement is impossible to predict right now. If it does stay the same and the pitch can be uncovered by Friday, there's a chance.

It's all dependent on the club reacting quickly to the conditions - eg arranging for people to help shift snow tomorrow evening if it stops. It's been illustrated enough times in the past that fans will help, under the floodlights if necessary.

Either way, it's probably buggered the 2-game discount

Fans aren't going to buy before Friday 5pm on the off-chance of the game going ahead, when they might not be able to make the re-arranged fixture

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

PITCH!!!!! on 11:44 - Feb 8 with 4412 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

PITCH!!!!! on 11:42 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

Either way, it's probably buggered the 2-game discount

Fans aren't going to buy before Friday 5pm on the off-chance of the game going ahead, when they might not be able to make the re-arranged fixture

Have we ever had a saturday game with Notts Cheaty what hasnt been moved because of The FA Cup or Weather?

PITCH!!!!! on 11:46 - Feb 8 with 4406 views442Dale

PITCH!!!!! on 11:44 - Feb 8 by DaleAwaydayBot

Have we ever had a saturday game with Notts Cheaty what hasnt been moved because of The FA Cup or Weather?

Plenty. 2006 the last one.

PITCH!!!!! on 12:29 - Feb 8 with 4336 viewsolympicdale

PITCH!!!!! on 11:46 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

Plenty. 2006 the last one.

yeah, it seems to be tradition nowadays to play county on a tuesday.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

PITCH!!!!! on 12:53 - Feb 8 with 4265 viewsTVOS1907

PITCH!!!!! on 11:44 - Feb 8 by DaleAwaydayBot

Yes.

Earlier this season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

PITCH!!!!! on 12:57 - Feb 8 with 4260 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

PITCH!!!!! on 12:53 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

Yes.

Earlier this season.

I ment at Spotland

PITCH!!!!! on 13:01 - Feb 8 with 4242 viewsTVOS1907

PITCH!!!!! on 12:57 - Feb 8 by DaleAwaydayBot

I ment at Spotland

Cheers.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

PITCH!!!!! on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 4155 views442Dale

Noticed in today's particularly sh/te Ob that Hornets are at home on Sunday.

They might benefit from the extra day's warm weather.

PITCH!!!!! on 13:47 - Feb 8 with 4138 viewsgeorgedale

PITCH!!!!! on 13:38 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

Noticed in today's particularly sh/te Ob that Hornets are at home on Sunday.

They might benefit from the extra day's warm weather.

Yep Hornets home Sunday that game will go ahead - but going back regarding information from inside the club the game v Notts will defo not be on.

What pisses me off the most is the club haven't made any statements about the pitch knowing full well the game will be OFF joke!!!!
PITCH!!!!! on 14:30 - Feb 8 with 4080 views442Dale

SSN reporting that Oldham are asking for volunteers from 9am tomorrow to clear the snow. Guessing they'll be there to immediately get rid of any that falls in the afternoon too.

Now, will we follow suit and announce something is planned?

PITCH!!!!! on 15:21 - Feb 8 with 4008 viewsnew_eyra

Without trying to put everyone on a downer, game is 80/20 off, start planning your shopping trips now. Weather will have to pick up by about 5 degree's tomorrow and stay that way until Saturday for us to have any chance to get the game on
PITCH!!!!! on 15:23 - Feb 8 with 3999 viewsjudd

Shouldn't we be trying out the oil drum technique again?

I'm sure that'd be an ace way to get rid of the tee shirt stock.

Poll: What is it to be then?

PITCH!!!!! on 16:34 - Feb 8 with 3904 viewstopoff

PITCH!!!!! on 13:47 - Feb 8 by georgedale

Yep Hornets home Sunday that game will go ahead - but going back regarding information from inside the club the game v Notts will defo not be on.

What pisses me off the most is the club haven't made any statements about the pitch knowing full well the game will be OFF joke!!!!

Unfortunately the club are not able to look into a crystal ball to see what the weather is going to do and how the pitch will be. You obviously have that power.

It is only Wednesday, a full 3 days before the game - would you expect them to postpone the fixture now or give it every chance until then?

Your inane ramblings are a joke - not the club.
PITCH!!!!! on 16:53 - Feb 8 with 3860 viewsaleanddale

its not off yet!!

Thursday and Friday will need to see much higher temps.
PITCH!!!!! on 17:31 - Feb 8 with 3796 viewsolympicdale

PITCH!!!!! on 16:53 - Feb 8 by aleanddale

its not off yet!!

Thursday and Friday will need to see much higher temps.

Life is a game of fate.

PITCH!!!!! on 18:03 - Feb 8 with 3748 viewsFondles

Its not as cold as it has been over the next few nights

What time will be a sensible time to call it off? So that no county coaches set off etc? 11am?
PITCH!!!!! on 18:19 - Feb 8 with 3712 viewsShun

PITCH!!!!! on 18:03 - Feb 8 by Fondles

Its not as cold as it has been over the next few nights

What time will be a sensible time to call it off? So that no county coaches set off etc? 11am?

13:30. Just to annoy them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024