Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale 18:47 - Jan 24 with 5062 viewsPerthDale

So says Michael Holden in his Independent blog

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/01/24/keith-hill-may-regret-his-rash-decisio

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:00 - Jan 24 with 3841 viewsdalenumber2

Interesting, and I can see his reasoning in many of the points he makes. However for us it's worth a gamble having Hilly back even though we can only speculate at this point as to what the future may hold both for him and the club.
Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:20 - Jan 24 with 3743 viewsD_Alien

Looked at objectively, which is no doubt the perspective of a journo seeking to make copy, then there's no argument that what Holden says is fair enough - indeed, many of us would make similar points when looking at another club from the outside.

I don't think Hilly is just another manager on the merry-go-round though, and neither are Rochdale just another club seeking someone to make a bid for yet another promotion (most clubs have yo-yo'd around to a much greater extent than us).

The only rashness I can see is Holden's jumping to several conclusions!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:37 - Jan 24 with 3670 viewsDomDale

Is that Journo a bury fan? V pessimistic

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:39 - Jan 24 with 3644 viewsRoChDaLe

tell that journalist to shut up

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:41 - Jan 24 with 3640 viewsDorsetDale

Nowhere does he mention that it's only a short term contract to be reviewed in May/June.
Neither is it acknowledged that Hill is back out of empathy and an honest disappointment of where we are, ( he may be a lot of things, but this I believe), nor is the former player aspect brought to bare.
He does state that Hill should have been looking for a top end of league one club. We weren't far from that when he left. If he stays long enough,we'll be there again.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:53 - Jan 24 with 3558 viewsfitzochris

A load of bollox and more proof as to why I think sports journos should steer clear of comment articles on teams they know naff all about, other than what they hear from other journos and read on message boards. The guy is speculating on Hill's mood and emotions... And motivations.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:10 - Jan 24 with 3477 viewsolympicdale

That article is a load of crap, they dont know Keith Hill and what he wants, typical outsider. How about he just wanted to come back and help out, how does that show no ambition, he cares about this club, and I think, given how he left it showed a lot of balls to come back, shows he has learnt quite a lot in the past 18 months, and a lot of respect for this club.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:15 - Jan 24 with 3456 viewsWhiteyBFC

Ignored the content of his blog once he'd made the remark about Flicker making just a "slight" alteration.

Huge alterations. In so many ways.

He said summat about Robins getting the boot after similar results, too. Which is also bollox. Robins walked over money, his results whilst uninspiring, were nowhere near as bad as Keith's. Struggling to think of anybody who even comes close to Keith on that front.

Still laughing at him in your Player interview yesterday, where he says his time with us was a massive success, except for the results, which he took his eye off.... the man is hilarious, but not sure it's in a good way. I certainly watched both his Player interviews and thought "thank God that's over..."

Good luck tomorrow night.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:18 - Jan 24 with 3442 views442Dale

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:15 - Jan 24 by WhiteyBFC

Ignored the content of his blog once he'd made the remark about Flicker making just a "slight" alteration.

Huge alterations. In so many ways.

He said summat about Robins getting the boot after similar results, too. Which is also bollox. Robins walked over money, his results whilst uninspiring, were nowhere near as bad as Keith's. Struggling to think of anybody who even comes close to Keith on that front.

Still laughing at him in your Player interview yesterday, where he says his time with us was a massive success, except for the results, which he took his eye off.... the man is hilarious, but not sure it's in a good way. I certainly watched both his Player interviews and thought "thank God that's over..."

Good luck tomorrow night.

Ace.

Whereas many Dale fans were enthused by the slight change in tone in his interviews yesterday. Interviews that we know far more about than fans of other clubs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:20 - Jan 24 with 3429 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:53 - Jan 24 by fitzochris

A load of bollox and more proof as to why I think sports journos should steer clear of comment articles on teams they know naff all about, other than what they hear from other journos and read on message boards. The guy is speculating on Hill's mood and emotions... And motivations.

To be honest, I think it shows some balls for Keith Hill to return here. He could play the same game as other out of work managers whingeing about ' looking for the right opportunity' or 'can't wait to get back into the game' but who can't be arsed to apply for jobs lower than the Championship.

If they really want to manage, they should apply for a vacancy wherever it is. They should take a lesson from Keith Hill. Michael Holden please note.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:21 - Jan 24 with 3421 viewsrafc1984

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 19:53 - Jan 24 by fitzochris

From an outsiders view, I actually think it's a well written piece. (Well in comparison to Ob/MEN. lol) But you are right about his speculation. He knows fook all about RAFC and KH history.
Hopefully he will be eating his words come May.
Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:27 - Jan 24 with 3398 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:21 - Jan 24 by rafc1984

From an outsiders view, I actually think it's a well written piece. (Well in comparison to Ob/MEN. lol) But you are right about his speculation. He knows fook all about RAFC and KH history.
Hopefully he will be eating his words come May.

Aye it's well written, it's just well written tosh.

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:36 - Jan 24 with 3365 viewsdingdangblue

At the end of the day its a free go again at managing for Hilly,at the club he feels most comfortable at. He's got his pay off from Barnsley so we are the cash in hand Weekend job at the minute. He can see how he fares without Flicker,try some new formations and try and get his winning mojo back. I guess in Hillys eyes its the perfect short term deal - 4 wins from 18 and we should be safe on 50 points so he won't be under any pressure for us to survive - knowing Hilly he'll back himelf to get those wins in the next 5/6 games! Its going to be emotional!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:36 - Jan 24 with 3366 viewsdingdangblue

Double post
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:49 - Jan 24 with 3329 viewsSandyman

"Of course, it’s easy for outsiders to be critical of a man’s decision when he’s unemployed"

You said it Michael. As you said a lot of things that you really don't understand. Rochdale AFC being the major one despite your first sentence.

Do you really have an understanding of Rochdale AFC, it's fans, history, culture? No. Would the corelation of the names Eyre / Trotman mean anything? Did the Coleman lack of vision of being unable to sign players outside Accy and Merseyside ring a bell? (pardon the pun which you wouldn't get anyway).
4-3-3 and no plan B. Getting warm Mr Holden?

The way we anhilated the shock league cup finalists / "big team" of the division on their own patch on December 1 2009. "Footballing them to death". "Team Rochdale" . A Wembley appearance, playoff semi final and promotion after years in the wilderness under a certain manager. Etc Etc. I guess you are lost now, Michael.

What manager would not want such success at our level Mr Holden, especially when it is within his gift to get it again?

Your articles/blog might earn you a crust, and appear quite smart, but you are way off the mark on this one sunshine. Ask around and do a bit of research before leaping into your unknown is my advice. You don't get it.

UP THE DALE - KHBA
Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:53 - Jan 24 with 3304 viewsrafc1984

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:49 - Jan 24 by Sandyman

"Of course, it’s easy for outsiders to be critical of a man’s decision when he’s unemployed"

You said it Michael. As you said a lot of things that you really don't understand. Rochdale AFC being the major one despite your first sentence.

Do you really have an understanding of Rochdale AFC, it's fans, history, culture? No. Would the corelation of the names Eyre / Trotman mean anything? Did the Coleman lack of vision of being unable to sign players outside Accy and Merseyside ring a bell? (pardon the pun which you wouldn't get anyway).
4-3-3 and no plan B. Getting warm Mr Holden?

The way we anhilated the shock league cup finalists / "big team" of the division on their own patch on December 1 2009. "Footballing them to death". "Team Rochdale" . A Wembley appearance, playoff semi final and promotion after years in the wilderness under a certain manager. Etc Etc. I guess you are lost now, Michael.

What manager would not want such success at our level Mr Holden, especially when it is within his gift to get it again?

Your articles/blog might earn you a crust, and appear quite smart, but you are way off the mark on this one sunshine. Ask around and do a bit of research before leaping into your unknown is my advice. You don't get it.

UP THE DALE - KHBA

Alright, calm down, calm down. (In a scouse stylee)
Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:12 - Jan 24 with 3273 viewsTVOS1907

Michael should stick to cricket commentating with Bumble and the like.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:22 - Jan 24 with 3236 viewsWhiteyBFC

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:18 - Jan 24 by 442Dale

Ace.

Whereas many Dale fans were enthused by the slight change in tone in his interviews yesterday. Interviews that we know far more about than fans of other clubs.

You only got the 'controlled' (by Keith) interviews.

We saw him every day, in various interviews where he had no control. He admits that, too. That it took him by surprise, the media coverage etc.

He fell apart and got lost up his own arse over the last year. But as you say, he may have changed, perhaps learnt from his failings 2 divisions above.

Good luck, but please stop trying to tell me you know more than me about Keith. You don't.
Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:23 - Jan 24 with 3230 viewsAtThePeake

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:22 - Jan 24 by WhiteyBFC

We saw him every day, in various interviews where he had no control. He admits that, too. That it took him by surprise, the media coverage etc.

He fell apart and got lost up his own arse over the last year. But as you say, he may have changed, perhaps learnt from his failings 2 divisions above.

Good luck, but please stop trying to tell me you know more than me about Keith. You don't.

You know about Keith Hill - Barnsley manager.

We know about Keith Hill - Rochdale manager.

Keith Hill right now, is the Rochdale manager.

Why are you still here?

Tangled up in blue.

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:25 - Jan 24 with 3225 viewsR17ALE

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:22 - Jan 24 by WhiteyBFC

You know more about him as the manager of Barnsley, we know more about him as the manager of Dale. 2 entirely different beasts.

Don't fret, we'll keep him warm for you!

Edit: ATP beat me to it the flash fooker!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:27 - Jan 24 with 3211 views442Dale

Some of us have forgotten more about him than you know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:28 - Jan 24 with 3196 viewsfitzochris

Your last line there sounds so desperate. And you're wrong by the way.

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:41 - Jan 24 with 3163 viewsdingdangblue

"but please stop trying to tell me you know more than me about Keith. You don't." Oh no,you're sounding like her again.

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:46 - Jan 24 with 3146 viewsPDIDDY

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:27 - Jan 24 by 442Dale

Some of us have forgotten more about him than you know.

That he is a egotistical tool, likes the sound of his own voice ( Manchester accent even tho he's from Bowton) hope you don't play focus again... He sings all there songs you know... Sunssssssshine

Gissa job

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 21:47 - Jan 24 with 3139 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill may regret his rash decision to rejoin Rochdale on 20:20 - Jan 24 by SuddenLad

To be honest, I think it shows some balls for Keith Hill to return here. He could play the same game as other out of work managers whingeing about ' looking for the right opportunity' or 'can't wait to get back into the game' but who can't be arsed to apply for jobs lower than the Championship.

If they really want to manage, they should apply for a vacancy wherever it is. They should take a lesson from Keith Hill. Michael Holden please note.

Thats what Ive already said yeah it does, especially how he left, never thought we'd see him ever return, but I think he'll have learnt a hell of a lot in the past 18 months, and job security and having full control on football matters will be much more important in his decision to hopefully stay put for at least another year.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024