Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deserved 18:39 - Sep 7 with 8968 viewsGambo

Full credit , Hill outwitted his rival and your football was a credit to the Division .
Unfortunately you won't come across such a weak spirited opponent every week .
Deserved on 18:48 - Sep 7 with 7224 viewsD_Alien

And that's the difference.

Thought you were quicker on the ball than us (hence our challenges which led to the cards) but team spirit is something that just can't be bought.

For what it's worth, think you'll do ok this season.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Deserved on 18:51 - Sep 7 with 7191 viewsTalkingSutty

Fantastic display from the defenders today and Lancashire was the pick of the lot i thought.

Hilly must have been feeding them raw meat this week because there was only ever going to be one team winning that game.

Regarding bURY, if you are a supporter tonight you must feel as though your team and manager have kicked you in the gut, a spineless display !!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deserved on 18:57 - Sep 7 with 7131 viewsAtThePeake

Deserved on 18:51 - Sep 7 by TalkingSutty

Fantastic display from the defenders today and Lancashire was the pick of the lot i thought.

Hilly must have been feeding them raw meat this week because there was only ever going to be one team winning that game.

Regarding bURY, if you are a supporter tonight you must feel as though your team and manager have kicked you in the gut, a spineless display !!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hendo for me. I'm not a massive fan of Rose but he had a solid game today, but how anyone could overlook Henderson I do not know, he was fantastic.

Lancashire was excellent too.

Tangled up in blue.

Deserved on 19:00 - Sep 7 with 7115 viewsnordenblue

Deserved on 18:57 - Sep 7 by AtThePeake

Hendo for me. I'm not a massive fan of Rose but he had a solid game today, but how anyone could overlook Henderson I do not know, he was fantastic.

Hendo seemed to get clattered endlessly and still get up and fly in to the next tackle,the most pleasing thing was the commitment to the cause and every player put their body on the line,the challenge from Reece near the wmg would only ever end in a clash of heads and the lad gave everything to win that header,well deserved from all concerned!!!
Deserved on 19:01 - Sep 7 with 7106 viewsDaley_Lama

Deserved on 18:57 - Sep 7 by AtThePeake

I think a lump of coal could have out-thought KB today.

Poll: DF in or out

Deserved on 19:11 - Sep 7 with 7044 viewsmacro

Deserved on 19:01 - Sep 7 by Daley_Lama

That's insulting to a lump of coal
Deserved on 19:20 - Sep 7 with 6976 viewsBigKindo

Deserved on 19:01 - Sep 7 by Daley_Lama

Nutty slack? Or was she the one who used to go into Yates's?
Deserved on 19:37 - Sep 7 with 6878 viewsSalwaDale

I thought O'Connell was the pick of the bunch today.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Deserved on 19:54 - Sep 7 with 6788 viewsrkershaw

Deserved on 19:37 - Sep 7 by SalwaDale

Lund was the best player on that pitch by a country mile! His ball through to hogan in the first half was quality
Deserved on 19:58 - Sep 7 with 6765 viewsSalwaDale

Deserved on 19:54 - Sep 7 by rkershaw

Lund was the best player on that pitch by a country mile! His ball through to hogan in the first half was quality

Lund is a great find, agree about that pass. He has a fantastic engine on him. But, for the first time this season that I've seen, I thought someone else was better today.

TBBT

Deserved on 21:55 - Sep 7 with 6496 viewsR17ALE

Agree. My MOM. And he's got the fittest looking bint I've ever seen at Dale. When she walked in at Oxford the away end grew collectively hard!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Deserved on 22:08 - Sep 7 with 6421 viewswmgunit

Yeah O'Connell marshalled a very disciplined defensive performance today. Was both committed in the tackle and intelligent in his positional play.
Deserved on 22:50 - Sep 7 with 6298 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I thought BBM was excellent and bossed the midfield. How many headers did he win!! Hendo's commitment and running - but with a product (take note Mr Tutte) - was magnificent. Tricky game (made more tricky being down to ten for so long) well dealt with.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Deserved on 23:00 - Sep 7 with 6265 viewsSuddenLad

Jamie Hoyland and Steve Eyre were the Radio Manchester summarisers. Hoyland in particular was scathing of bURY.

No passion, no pace, no ideas, no significant work-rate and no end product was his opinion. Steve Eyre (who ?) was mightily impressed with Dale, especially Matty Lund, both summarisers disagreed with the Vincenti red card decision by stating that it was 'harsh' to say the least.

Hoyland though that bURY were without a 'team spirit' and both agreed that Dale were well worthy of three points and that bURY were justly sent packing with no reward.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Deserved on 23:33 - Sep 7 with 6185 viewsTommoRAFC

Deserved on 22:50 - Sep 7 by BigDaveMyCock

I thought BBM was excellent and bossed the midfield. How many headers did he win!! Hendo's commitment and running - but with a product (take note Mr Tutte) - was magnificent. Tricky game (made more tricky being down to ten for so long) well dealt with.

Don't think BBM put a foot or head wrong all game today, he was superb.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Deserved on 23:45 - Sep 7 with 6162 viewswmgunit

Deserved on 23:33 - Sep 7 by TommoRAFC

Seriously? I don't think he completed a successful pass in the first half. Improved in the final third of the game, but until then the best you could say was that he was committed (like the rest of the lads).
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 23:48]
Deserved on 23:46 - Sep 7 with 6151 viewsSaxonDale

Deserved on 23:33 - Sep 7 by TommoRAFC

First half hour he put plenty wrong. Improved after that admittedly but still think that position needs strengthening.
Deserved on 00:03 - Sep 8 with 6105 viewsrochedale

Bury offered nothing, even against our ten men. Improvement is needed for us to progress. Great win though and very happy with the 3 points.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Deserved on 00:41 - Sep 8 with 6063 viewsTVOS1907

Deserved on 23:00 - Sep 7 by SuddenLad

Jamie Hoyland and Steve Eyre were the Radio Manchester summarisers. Hoyland in particular was scathing of bURY.

No passion, no pace, no ideas, no significant work-rate and no end product was his opinion. Steve Eyre (who ?) was mightily impressed with Dale, especially Matty Lund, both summarisers disagreed with the Vincenti red card decision by stating that it was 'harsh' to say the least.

Hoyland though that bURY were without a 'team spirit' and both agreed that Dale were well worthy of three points and that bURY were justly sent packing with no reward.

Wagg to Hoyland pre-match on GMR: "So Jamie, you must have played in a few of these Rochdale-bury derbies?"

Hoyland: "No, none Jimmy!"

Dearden to a Rochdale fan pre-match: "Who's your favourite Rochdale player?"

Fan: "Jason Kennedy ... but I haven't been since we got relegated."
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 0:52]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Deserved on 11:20 - Sep 8 with 5822 viewsfitzochris

Bury are actually quite a slick outfit. They just lacked any kind of cutting edge. And, just like against Chesterfield, it was our determination that saw us through. If we play like that at home every week, we won't be dropping too many points.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Deserved on 11:27 - Sep 8 with 5805 viewsmidlandsdale

Agree that Bury are comfortable with the ball but as Fitz says no cutting edge. I think a few of us have been worried about certain aspects of the defence but to be fair, and having played some so called leading teams, we have hardly seen us overrun!! When we find the right balance in the front 6 and everyone is fully fit then we should see some scoring improvements.
Deserved on 11:44 - Sep 8 with 5763 viewspedrodale

Only Chesterfield put 2 past us
Deserved on 11:48 - Sep 8 with 5746 viewsfitzochris

Yep, they did... And we put two past them... Something we didn't look like doing until we applied ourselves. We won't see many better sides at Spotland than Chesterfield this season.

Deserved on 11:48 - Sep 8 with 5741 viewsfitzochris

And we had 11 men!

Deserved on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 5737 viewsmaybee

Whilst I'm very pleased to have won the game and kept a clean sheet, it won't go down as a footballing classic.

The referee can take some blame for brandishing early yellow cards, but at the same time, Dale players were guilty of several stupid fouls all bar one of which were worthy of yellows. No complaints regarding the sending off. it was a tackle that shouldn't have been attempted by Vincenti.

Dale were comfortably the better footballing team and created almost all the chances, both before and after being reduced to ten men. I thought bury were poor...constantly giving the ball away when in decent areas of the pitch. I also thought that they looked dodgy in defence, and had Hogan been able to push on more, he would have caused their two lumbering centre backs real problems.
Their basic problem though was that they didn't know how to get at us, and only when Grimes came on did they have a clear sight at goal.

Thought that our best players were Lancashire & O Connell, closely followed by Lund, who recovered well after an un Lund like opening to the game.
BBM had an anonymous first half, but did very well in the second half.

Special praise to George D. That was as good a shift as I've seen him play, and he looked knackered when he was subbed. Anyone who can't see how important he was to the team might as well give up.

I have to say that I thought Bennett had a mare until the last quarter of the game. He can and should be doing much better with reading the game and distribution.

Finally, regarding Grimes....when he came on, a large percentage of the Main Stand booed him. I honestly can't remember the last former Dale player to be booed on a return. One for TVOS?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024