Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester on the 19th 20:54 - Dec 7 with 6776 viewsBartRowou

Christmas + malaise + weather - visiting fans = sub 2000 fans?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Colchester on the 19th on 20:59 - Dec 7 with 5867 viewsLuke8686

draw/lose at swindon = yes. win at swindon = 2200
Colchester on the 19th on 21:02 - Dec 7 with 5849 viewspioneer

Wait until the marketing department get going - it will be another of those all ticket buy in advance/buy on the day games.
Colchester on the 19th on 21:07 - Dec 7 with 5831 viewsBartRowou

Colchester on the 19th on 21:02 - Dec 7 by pioneer

Wait until the marketing department get going - it will be another of those all ticket buy in advance/buy on the day games.

We tried marketing Colchester just before Christmas in 1988 by playing it on a Friday night . All we got was a 1-1 draw, floodlight failure and some weird kit combinations (I think we wore yellow and they wore our old white one or something like that). Att:1261

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Colchester on the 19th on 21:08 - Dec 7 with 5831 views442Dale

Noticed in the programme on Saturday that the Colchester game has been designated another voucher game, this time ST holders can bring an U16 for free.

Now it was acknowledged last week by the club that the amount of vouchers used for previous games has been low (10.5%, 10% and 6.3%), so why not extend this to making it free for all U16s?

Minimising the impact of such an idea by continuing with something that has evidence to back up the fact it isn't working too well will presumably see this looked at again over the next week or so.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 21:11]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Colchester on the 19th on 21:09 - Dec 7 with 5827 views442Dale

Colchester on the 19th on 21:07 - Dec 7 by BartRowou

We tried marketing Colchester just before Christmas in 1988 by playing it on a Friday night . All we got was a 1-1 draw, floodlight failure and some weird kit combinations (I think we wore yellow and they wore our old white one or something like that). Att:1261

Buy the programme, some sad get will have wrote about it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Colchester on the 19th on 21:36 - Dec 7 with 5758 viewsTVOS1907

The pylon on th'hill was broken, so the referee said if both times played in light coloured shirts, he would let the game go ahead.

So, Dale played in their all yellow away kit and Colchester wore our white home shirts from 87/88 with the red shorts and socks they had brought with them.

But 442 probably knew all that as he was most likely a ball boy or something.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Colchester on the 19th on 22:40 - Dec 7 with 5658 viewsDaley_Lama

I've been surprised by the "malaise" shown on here post bury, but each to their own.

There are obvious wind up accounts, newly created blatantly obvious wind up accounts and the odd "my glass is never full" genuine fans, this doesn't surprise me.

We lost to bury and their (in) expensively built squad. We beat Port Vale, lost at Gillingham, won at Doncaster, etc etc etc

This place often pillories other club's knee-jerk actions, yet this place goes from highs to lows each week dependant on each individual result.

As I say, each to their own.

I'll be at Colchester, beats shopping. Doesn't matter what happens at Swindon one little bit.

Poll: DF in or out

Colchester on the 19th on 22:51 - Dec 7 with 5633 viewsBarryStrange

Weirdly we have the reverse problem that weekend - trip to Essex the weekend before Christmas. Southend have put it on the Friday night, reasoning I assume that no Bury fans are going to turn up whatever (prob true) and they are best off avoiding having a home game on the busiest shopping day of the year.
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester on the 19th on 23:04 - Dec 7 with 5605 viewsrochdaleriddler

Colchester on the 19th on 22:51 - Dec 7 by BarryStrange

Weirdly we have the reverse problem that weekend - trip to Essex the weekend before Christmas. Southend have put it on the Friday night, reasoning I assume that no Bury fans are going to turn up whatever (prob true) and they are best off avoiding having a home game on the busiest shopping day of the year.

I went to sarfend on last Friday before xmas two years ago, went for hospitality, ending up sitting in the middle of home fans in main stand. Proper good trip, but southend is like Oldham by the sea

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Colchester on the 19th on 23:34 - Dec 7 with 5567 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Colchester on the 19th on 22:40 - Dec 7 by Daley_Lama

I've been surprised by the "malaise" shown on here post bury, but each to their own.

There are obvious wind up accounts, newly created blatantly obvious wind up accounts and the odd "my glass is never full" genuine fans, this doesn't surprise me.

We lost to bury and their (in) expensively built squad. We beat Port Vale, lost at Gillingham, won at Doncaster, etc etc etc

This place often pillories other club's knee-jerk actions, yet this place goes from highs to lows each week dependant on each individual result.

As I say, each to their own.

I'll be at Colchester, beats shopping. Doesn't matter what happens at Swindon one little bit.

Unfortunately can't make it. If you could confirm that we got one, just one, corner above chest height in the Colchester game I'll be the first there on Boxing Day I promise. Like you I couldn't give a rat's arse what happens at Swindon. They can whip in with Ken Dodd's tickling stick if they want - no fooker's gonna score anyway.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Colchester on the 19th on 23:44 - Dec 7 with 5550 viewsDaley_Lama

I think the last corner that bounced twice before being cleared near the near post summed up our day in that respect.

Poll: DF in or out

Colchester on the 19th on 12:08 - Dec 9 with 5286 viewsDomDale

Huddersfield fan I work with has informed me their next two home games are £10 a piece.

This looks to be a good old fashioned Keep It Simple Stupid sort of offer.

Neither are very unattractive fixture either. Bristol city at home on a Saturday is an important to win to keep town above the drop and Rotherham on Tuesday the same with the added spice of being a local derby of sorts.

A bit of good will in the season of good will. Will we see a similar offer?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Colchester on the 19th on 14:54 - Dec 9 with 5157 viewsaleanddale

Colchester on the 19th on 12:08 - Dec 9 by DomDale

Huddersfield fan I work with has informed me their next two home games are £10 a piece.

Neither are very unattractive fixture either. Bristol city at home on a Saturday is an important to win to keep town above the drop and Rotherham on Tuesday the same with the added spice of being a local derby of sorts.

No is the honest answer ....( season of goodwill offer )

Still early days I know but I have not been bowled over yet by our new Marketing manager.

Yeah some simple things are being done well but the vision of the club is woeful. Frances May be hamstrung I have no idea but we certainly need more drive in that department.

Focus on new fans first second and third and then move onto lapsed fans.

I will be at The Colchester game.... As will the same faces I see every week.

The club need a bit of a re think.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 14:57]
Colchester on the 19th on 16:11 - Dec 9 with 5095 viewsBarryStrange

Colchester on the 19th on 23:04 - Dec 7 by rochdaleriddler

I went to sarfend on last Friday before xmas two years ago, went for hospitality, ending up sitting in the middle of home fans in main stand. Proper good trip, but southend is like Oldham by the sea

My last trip to Sarfend involved being 25 minutes late for a game played while the thermometer in my car registered -8 outside. Spiralling towards Blackwell's "2 subs are all we need" days we mustered 1 shot on target in 120 mins, which we scored, only to surrender the lead 2 mins later to a free header to a 3 foot winger from a corner.

We then lost on penalties, meaning even through missing the first 25 mins I had still be out there for 2 hours.

I then got back into the car at about 10.40 to listen to a whole drive home banging on about how Bradford had resurrected everything that is pure and decent about football, nay life itself, by beating Arsenal and shouldn't they be forgiven putting an ineligible player out in the FA Cup (a sore point since, of course, they were let off).

I have never had that turd a trip to Oldham. And it was too dark to see the sea.
Colchester on the 19th on 16:15 - Dec 9 with 5092 viewsTVOS1907

Colchester on the 19th on 23:04 - Dec 7 by rochdaleriddler

I stayed in Southend for a couple of nights in October and was expecting it to be like 'Oldham by the Sea', but I was pleasantly surprised.

The area close to the ground doesn't reflect the rest of the town, particularly the sea front area which is well-appointed and clean and tidy.

The old Victorian buildings are generally well-kept and the pier has a nice new theatre at the end which I imagine will be a lovely place to watch performances in the summer.

The main shopping street was very busy and not cluttered with pound shops and the like.

As I say, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found beyond Roots Hall, especially out of season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Colchester on the 19th on 16:35 - Dec 9 with 5068 viewsDomDale

Colchester on the 19th on 14:54 - Dec 9 by aleanddale

No is the honest answer ....( season of goodwill offer )

Still early days I know but I have not been bowled over yet by our new Marketing manager.

Yeah some simple things are being done well but the vision of the club is woeful. Frances May be hamstrung I have no idea but we certainly need more drive in that department.

Focus on new fans first second and third and then move onto lapsed fans.

I will be at The Colchester game.... As will the same faces I see every week.

The club need a bit of a re think.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 14:57]

The issue in my eyes is that we replaced One with another. Iain Johnstone for Frances. Unless it has been advertised elsewhere I do not see that the team has grown despite a lot of expectation being heaped on one person.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Colchester on the 19th on 16:48 - Dec 9 with 5043 viewsD_Alien

Colchester on the 19th on 16:15 - Dec 9 by TVOS1907

I stayed in Southend for a couple of nights in October and was expecting it to be like 'Oldham by the Sea', but I was pleasantly surprised.

The area close to the ground doesn't reflect the rest of the town, particularly the sea front area which is well-appointed and clean and tidy.

The old Victorian buildings are generally well-kept and the pier has a nice new theatre at the end which I imagine will be a lovely place to watch performances in the summer.

The main shopping street was very busy and not cluttered with pound shops and the like.

As I say, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found beyond Roots Hall, especially out of season.

Bloody hell TVOS, isn't Oldham downtrodden enough without applying pier pressure?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester on the 19th on 06:49 - Dec 10 with 4850 viewsdavidab2202

Colchester on the 19th on 20:59 - Dec 7 by Luke8686

draw/lose at swindon = yes. win at swindon = 2200

With a bit of luck might get to this one,as will be around rather then a "distant watcher ".Hoping for big things from the game starting with a goal as previous games watched this season are the 2 T V games
Bury away,Coventry home ----a well can still dream
Colchester on the 19th on 11:01 - Dec 10 with 4717 viewsrastrickblue

Colchester on the 19th on 12:08 - Dec 9 by DomDale

Think I will take those games in, my trips over the Pennines maybe a thing of the past.
Colchester on the 19th on 11:39 - Dec 10 with 4683 viewswimborne_dale

I will be at Swindon on Sat. I wonder how many Daleys will be there? Last season 'twas a good night:3-2 with Bastien Hery getting the winning header from a corner in added time. Our first ever win over Swindon.
[edit] Think we had about 180 there last season.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 11:48]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Colchester on the 19th on 11:52 - Dec 10 with 4670 viewsdingdangblue

Colchester on the 19th on 11:39 - Dec 10 by wimborne_dale

I will be at Swindon on Sat. I wonder how many Daleys will be there? Last season 'twas a good night:3-2 with Bastien Hery getting the winning header from a corner in added time. Our first ever win over Swindon.
[edit] Think we had about 180 there last season.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2015 11:48]

Great unexpected win! Scored off 2 corners! Great header from Bastien - a shite nearpost corner can work if you have a player who moves to that area!! Keith - please take note!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Colchester on the 19th on 14:33 - Dec 10 with 4528 viewsaleanddale

Colchester on the 19th on 23:44 - Dec 7 by Daley_Lama

I think the last corner that bounced twice before being cleared near the near post summed up our day in that respect.

Makes me cringe...

If hussy dead ball delivery is 10/10 we are 2/10 at best.....

Hit the first man.. Try again..

Hit the first man.. Try again...

Hit the first man FFS...

Balloon one clearing the penalty area completely allowing the opposing full back to clear up with ease.

Flat with plenty of pace 10 ft high at the front post dipping to 6ft around the penalty spot with attackers attacking it.... Can this be practised please.

Would cause problems and create chances getting this right.
Colchester on the 19th on 16:23 - Dec 10 with 4469 viewsdingdangblue

Colchester on the 19th on 14:33 - Dec 10 by aleanddale

Makes me cringe...

If hussy dead ball delivery is 10/10 we are 2/10 at best.....

Hit the first man.. Try again..

Hit the first man.. Try again...

Hit the first man FFS...

Balloon one clearing the penalty area completely allowing the opposing full back to clear up with ease.

Flat with plenty of pace 10 ft high at the front post dipping to 6ft around the penalty spot with attackers attacking it.... Can this be practised please.

Would cause problems and create chances getting this right.

And why isn't a Dale player the 1st man? Surely the number of corners we play to that area it isn't rocket science to have a Dale player stood there each time!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Colchester on the 19th on 22:19 - Dec 10 with 4368 viewsnordenblue

Colchester on the 19th on 16:23 - Dec 10 by dingdangblue

And why isn't a Dale player the 1st man? Surely the number of corners we play to that area it isn't rocket science to have a Dale player stood there each time!!

Or maybe learn to knock it over the first man,Rose took a corner right infront of me and he'd couldnt have done any worse with his laces tied together, blind folded after doing the half time spinning around and fall on the floor trick beforehand.
Colchester on the 19th on 22:43 - Dec 10 with 4356 viewszxcvbnm

Frances works with the same people Iain Johnstone did, I'm not saying he was perfect by a long shot but maybe his hands were tied sometimes by workings inside the club.

As for the Colchester game it's crying out for some sort of promotion. Even if it's a shed load of kids tickets aimed at 'lads and dads' (or lasses) avoid Christmas shopping and go to the football. Kids in for nothing or a quid.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024