Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This time its........Mourinho 14:47 - Dec 17 with 3835 viewsdingdangblue

Sacked by Chelsea.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34670192
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 14:50]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

This time its........Mourinho on 14:56 - Dec 17 with 2703 viewsolympicdale

And he was doing such a good job too..

Life is a game of fate.

This time its........Mourinho on 15:03 - Dec 17 with 2673 viewsfitzochris

Gus Hiddink already lined up to replace him. Apparently.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

This time its........Mourinho on 15:04 - Dec 17 with 2662 viewsSaxonDale

It's a sign of the times we live in. A culture where people put there jacket potatoes in the microwave because they want stuff here and now. Where's the longevity in football? Is no manager allowed a bad spell in football anymore? The power players have in the modem game is ridiculous. We're talking about arguably the best manager in the world failing for 4 months and being sacked. Who's going to replace him? Any replacement will be a clear backward step for the club. Football (especially at the very top) really is going mad.

Edit- sorry shun meant to thumbs up your post.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 15:23]
This time its........Mourinho on 15:07 - Dec 17 with 2647 viewsShun

Poor decision from my outside viewpoint. Fantastic manager going through an awful spell. His players need to look at themselves and determine how much of this decision lies on their heads.
This time its........Mourinho on 15:27 - Dec 17 with 2577 viewsdingdangblue

This time its........Mourinho on 15:07 - Dec 17 by Shun

Poor decision from my outside viewpoint. Fantastic manager going through an awful spell. His players need to look at themselves and determine how much of this decision lies on their heads.

Did he lose all respect from the players when he criticised the team doctor and basically made her quit her job? I think it played a big part in losing the dressing room. A lot of very good players not playing for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3257637/Eva-Carneiro-speaks-
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 15:29]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

This time its........Mourinho on 15:31 - Dec 17 with 2565 viewslurker

The players won't take a look at themselves unless it is to check their new hairdo in the rearview mirror of their Bugatti!

How any of them have the balls to pick up a wage given their current league position and form is beyond me.

It all started going wrong for Jose when he fooked off their Barbie doll Eva early in the season. Bet they were all well pissed off!
This time its........Mourinho on 16:33 - Dec 17 with 2436 viewsColDale

Not sure Baldy Jurgen Klopp has the same ring to it
This time its........Mourinho on 17:13 - Dec 17 with 2350 viewsD_Alien

This time its........Mourinho on 15:27 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

Did he lose all respect from the players when he criticised the team doctor and basically made her quit her job? I think it played a big part in losing the dressing room. A lot of very good players not playing for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3257637/Eva-Carneiro-speaks-
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 15:29]

I posted exactly this the week after it happened. From that moment, his departure became inevitable, it was just a question of time.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

This time its........Mourinho on 17:38 - Dec 17 with 2293 viewsolympicdale

The beginning of the end started when he publicly slated the doctor for treating one of his players, they've since realised he doesn't give a sh*t about them, and they've clearly stopped playing for him, and lost respect for him as a man. It's all about winning with Jose, by any means, good riddance IMO, just a whining toolbag.

Life is a game of fate.

This time its........Mourinho on 17:41 - Dec 17 with 2286 viewsColDale

This time its........Mourinho on 17:13 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

I posted exactly this the week after it happened. From that moment, his departure became inevitable, it was just a question of time.

I'd have thought that Mourinho was smart enough to sense if that if his dressing room was that much put out over that, he'd have changed his mind. Even to this day, if that one decision was killing his season and career, he would have found a way to backtrack (or rather took steps to ensure that it never got that far in the first place). If it does come down to that, then he's definitely been the stupid one.

Relegation was never going to be an issue for them, and their next two games would probably have seen them rise up to mid tablish, and all the press murmerings would have started about Chelsea being on a charge towards the top four. Had they not got rid today, it would have been tough to have done if they'd took six points from against Sunderland and Watford at home. (perhaps easier said than done given some of their home results this season).
This time its........Mourinho on 17:51 - Dec 17 with 2264 viewsSuddenLad

Who gives a fook and why ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

This time its........Mourinho on 17:56 - Dec 17 with 2254 viewsD_Alien

This time its........Mourinho on 17:41 - Dec 17 by ColDale

I'd have thought that Mourinho was smart enough to sense if that if his dressing room was that much put out over that, he'd have changed his mind. Even to this day, if that one decision was killing his season and career, he would have found a way to backtrack (or rather took steps to ensure that it never got that far in the first place). If it does come down to that, then he's definitely been the stupid one.

Relegation was never going to be an issue for them, and their next two games would probably have seen them rise up to mid tablish, and all the press murmerings would have started about Chelsea being on a charge towards the top four. Had they not got rid today, it would have been tough to have done if they'd took six points from against Sunderland and Watford at home. (perhaps easier said than done given some of their home results this season).

Although impossible to know what's been going on behind the scenes, I doubt it's just results that've led to his dismissal. Performances from several individual players (notably Fabregas and Hazard, but others too) have been too far removed from their abilities to put down to a simple dip in form.

They've made it to the knockout stages of the Champions League, and no-one in their right mind would dismiss a manager who's won the competition twice unless there was some other factor. He's not stupid, but too stubborn to apologise for his treatment of an employee of the club which the players would've see as unmitigated bullying.

This time its........Mourinho on 17:58 - Dec 17 with 2246 viewsD_Alien

This time its........Mourinho on 17:51 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

Who gives a fook and why ?

Because bullying should never seen to be acceptable, or ignored.

This time its........Mourinho on 18:05 - Dec 17 with 2227 viewsSuddenLad

This time its........Mourinho on 17:58 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Because bullying should never seen to be acceptable, or ignored.

Clash of egos. Leave them to it.

This time its........Mourinho on 18:26 - Dec 17 with 2182 viewsD_Alien

This time its........Mourinho on 18:05 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

Clash of egos. Leave them to it.

Carneiro was carrying out the duties she was trained to do, with little or no ego involved.

A positive role model, in fact. How many women will have been put off trying to advance their careers in a male-dominated environment through this incident?

This time its........Mourinho on 18:52 - Dec 17 with 2138 viewspioneer

She had been called on by the referee to attend to an injured player . . .can you imagine the outcry from all quarters but Jose if she had refused to go on.

I hope she wins the legal case against him. If he was over ruling her re injured players on the pitch in front of TV who knows what he was doing off screen about her and others opinions about the health and fitness of players
This time its........Mourinho on 19:18 - Dec 17 with 2087 viewsSuddenLad

This time its........Mourinho on 18:26 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Carneiro was carrying out the duties she was trained to do, with little or no ego involved.

A positive role model, in fact. How many women will have been put off trying to advance their careers in a male-dominated environment through this incident?

It's primarily been brought about by a struggle between the egos of the dressing room and the ego of the manager. The Carneiro incident will rightly have its' airing at a future tribunal, but that won't have a bearing on Mourinho's 'sacking'.

He'll have walked away with £15 million in his arse pocket. That's failure for you.

This time its........Mourinho on 19:21 - Dec 17 with 2085 viewsJimmyRustler

I reckon he probably saw all the attention (and maybe more?) that the players were giving her (as well as the media tbf) and thought that it would affect the players concentration and become a major distraction.

Turns out it had the complete opposite effect..oops! She must have been giving them some excellent 'treatment' for the players to have thought so highly of her. I can't imagine the reaction being the same had the physio been a fat middle aged bloke.
This time its........Mourinho on 19:36 - Dec 17 with 2059 viewsD_Alien

This time its........Mourinho on 19:18 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

It's primarily been brought about by a struggle between the egos of the dressing room and the ego of the manager. The Carneiro incident will rightly have its' airing at a future tribunal, but that won't have a bearing on Mourinho's 'sacking'.

He'll have walked away with £15 million in his arse pocket. That's failure for you.

I'd have thought it highly unlikely, having managed the biggest egos at Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and again Chelsea to incredible success, that egos in the dressing room will have suddenly become an issue for him.

The Carneiro incident was the catalyst for something rather more unmanageable, and as you rightly say, it will be aired when he's challenged at a tribunal.

[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 19:37]

This time its........Mourinho on 19:54 - Dec 17 with 2026 viewsSuddenLad

This time its........Mourinho on 19:36 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

I'd have thought it highly unlikely, having managed the biggest egos at Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and again Chelsea to incredible success, that egos in the dressing room will have suddenly become an issue for him.

The Carneiro incident was the catalyst for something rather more unmanageable, and as you rightly say, it will be aired when he's challenged at a tribunal.

[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 19:37]

Morinho had a toxic mix of spiteful individuals and inflated egos to deal with. Collectively they got the better of him. They're all losers as a result. I hope they're proud of themselves.

This time its........Mourinho on 20:14 - Dec 17 with 1992 viewsArthurDaley

He should never have got rid of Eva

A large VAT Dave

This time its........Mourinho on 20:25 - Dec 17 with 1972 views49thseason

This time its........Mourinho on 19:18 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

More than that according to the BBC - £20-£40m depending how long it takes him to get another job. Mind you the BBC is not very good with big numbers.
For that sort of money I think I would be tempted to get myself fired, especially if it's coming out of Abramovich's account.
This time its........Mourinho on 21:07 - Dec 17 with 1922 viewsTVOS1907

This time its........Mourinho on 19:54 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

Morinho had a toxic mix of spiteful individuals and inflated egos to deal with. Collectively they got the better of him. They're all losers as a result. I hope they're proud of themselves.

Do you not think Mourinho himself is a bit of a spiteful individual?

Some of his post-match comments when little old Chelsea were wronged by a decision were outrageous.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

This time its........Mourinho on 21:29 - Dec 17 with 1893 views1mark1

This time its........Mourinho on 21:07 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Some of his post-match comments when little old Chelsea were wronged by a decision were outrageous.

Much like our very own "Baldy Mourinho"?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 21:30]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

This time its........Mourinho on 21:30 - Dec 17 with 1890 viewsSuddenLad

This time its........Mourinho on 21:07 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

The truth is, I don't honestly know. You'd expect most managers to publicly defend their players and deflect attention elsewhere. They all do it.

What is certain, is that none of us really know what goes on/went on in the dressing room. All managers at all levels (as we know !) have a diffeent persona when addressing the press. It's a game they all seem to play - some with more success than others.

What is apparent about Mourinho is that other managers speak very highly of him and many current and former players likewise. He is also good at his job and I doubt he'll be unemployed for very long.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024