Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few thoughts from tonight 22:25 - Oct 22 with 6363 viewsColDale

* Their wall moved to the left just before Rose's free kick. I don't think it would have beat the wall had they not moved.

* I'd like to think the winning goal came in time added on for Northampton's time wasting

* The Matt Duke scramble back after Donnelly's winning shot made it all the sweeter (though why he never fed it through to Henderson I've no idea)

* Fair play to everyone for sticking to the gameplan tonight. When your Plan A is as good as our's, we shouldn't bother with a Plan B. Give it time, it will pay off.

* We should all be on Herbalife. This official partner the club has in this field doesn't stand a chance.

* We're top of the league
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:30 - Oct 22 with 3195 viewsThe_DJ

Never in doubt,

9 wins from safety
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:32 - Oct 22 with 3137 viewsBartRowou

Their first goal actually rearranged the posts. The one nearer to the Main Stand was not perpendicular to the crossbar after it went in.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 3099 viewsR17ALE

* Their wall moved to the left just before Rose's free kick. I don't think it would have beat the wall had they not moved.

*The Matt Duke scramble back after Donnelly's winning shot made it all the sweeter (though why he never fed it through to Henderson I've no idea)

I'd add...

* to be fair to George, it was a good finish. He gave Duke the "eyes" shaping as though he were aiming to the right hand post with his shot. Duke just leant a little to his left as George shot, only to have to re-adjust as crafty George stuck it the other side. So that was 2 goals from people being just a little too left. See Col, you're wrong!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:38 - Oct 22 with 2984 views442Dale

Not sure it's the last we'll hear about sticking to the gameplan...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 2953 viewssandylaner1

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:33 - Oct 22 by R17ALE

*The Matt Duke scramble back after Donnelly's winning shot made it all the sweeter (though why he never fed it through to Henderson I've no idea)

I'd add...

* to be fair to George, it was a good finish. He gave Duke the "eyes" shaping as though he were aiming to the right hand post with his shot. Duke just leant a little to his left as George shot, only to have to re-adjust as crafty George stuck it the other side. So that was 2 goals from people being just a little too left. See Col, you're wrong!

to be fair George just probably miss-hit it pleased for him

we were awful they weren't that bad

dicker had a shocker and our general play at times was sloppy but well done to them all we found a way to win

vincenti doesn't take on his man all game but then when we are actually winning and just need to retain the ball like he has done all game he tries to run his man and gives away possession - that moment summed up our performance

i'm being harsh but its only because I know how much better our talented group of players can perform but 3 points is 3 points. up the dale

still on shock we won the game.......
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 22:41]
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:41 - Oct 22 with 2934 viewsDaley_Lama

1 thought tonight.

I was probably the last person to realise George had scored.

Sandy going mental was my signal, thought it had been saved.

Poll: DF in or out

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:41 - Oct 22 with 2919 viewsShun

Scenes like that are unbelievable enough in one match, but two matches in a row? Classic Hilly.

I do feel for Northampton though. Time-wasting aside, they defended excellently for the majority of the match.

Another good game for Henderson tonight. And I think Dicker had a very poor game for the second match in a row.
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 2812 views442Dale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:41 - Oct 22 by Shun

Scenes like that are unbelievable enough in one match, but two matches in a row? Classic Hilly.

I do feel for Northampton though. Time-wasting aside, they defended excellently for the majority of the match.

Another good game for Henderson tonight. And I think Dicker had a very poor game for the second match in a row.

Northampton did defend well, especially Collin who came on as a full back and looked like a fish out of water at first, but he was good second half. However they visibly ran out of steam in the last few minutes and everything became a bit desperate.

We were far from poor, but didn't really create enough. However we also scored three so there can be little arguments about the way we're choosing to play. A lot depends on Dicker: when the game is at his pace, everything comes easy. When it's not, and sometimes for individuals parts of games, we lose our momentum a bit.

Login to get fewer ads

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 2803 viewsSwissdale

Agree with the point about Dicker. Didn't like being pressed and made endless awful passes.

Donnelly is a better lone striker than Cummins, though neither are a patch on Hogan.

Northampton did a job very well and were unlucky to leave with nothing.

None of the above really matters now because we won.

8 wins out of 9 games in phenomenal, the team and the manager can be very proud of themselves.
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 2767 viewsD_Alien

OK Northampton's time wasting can only be viewed with distaste, and it came back to bite them on the arse, but...

I thought they played quite well. Boothroyd had no doubt seen that we played everything through Dicker and had him closed down. Dicker's most average performance so far in a Dale shirt, but with all 14 men having so much self-belief it seemed as though there could only be one outcome!! Their first only made me smile and think "this is what Dale do on these occasions" and their second only made me think "we don't half like to make it difficult for ourselves" and even with 5 minutes of normal time remaining I was thinking "who's gonna get the goals this time?"

Well, actually I wasn't... I was thinking more like "we played OK and we're by far the better team so f*ck you Boothroyd, we'll be finishing the season better than you did last year!"

And then it happened.

C'EST WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE C'EST WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:50 - Oct 22 with 2758 views442Dale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:48 - Oct 22 by Swissdale

Agree with the point about Dicker. Didn't like being pressed and made endless awful passes.

Donnelly is a better lone striker than Cummins, though neither are a patch on Hogan.

8 wins out of 9 games in phenomenal, the team and the manager can be very proud of themselves.

But Dicker also made endless fantastically weighted passes too that look simple but switch play effortlessly. He did make too many errors, but that's down to dictating the pace of the game again and him receiving it in the right areas.

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:51 - Oct 22 with 2732 viewsRalphs12

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:32 - Oct 22 by BartRowou

Their first goal actually rearranged the posts. The one nearer to the Main Stand was not perpendicular to the crossbar after it went in.

Saw them working on that before the match, seems it wasnt a good fit.

Also, the 4th official was warming up at half time, did he come on for a lino?
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:52 - Oct 22 with 2717 viewsbazingadale

Dicker was awful tonight
Him and rose were terrible
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:52 - Oct 22 with 2715 viewsD_Dale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:48 - Oct 22 by Swissdale

But it will be interesting to see what KH has to say. Maybe he will take the view that Dale's two late goals weren't as deserved as the late winner against Cheltenham.

It'll also be interesting to see what team he fields at D&R. Donnelly and Tutte to start?
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:54 - Oct 22 with 2692 viewsisitme

This was my first game back after injury. Fair play to Northampton they sat back and killed the space for us to play in for most of the game. Their first goal was a cracker and their second caught us on the break after a poor pass.

I though Hery had a good game but Dicker looked off the boil and misplaced a number of passes. Cummins was fairly anonymous and we missed the pace of Hogan and Done. Henderson is just pure class with great quality on the ball.

There was a bit of moaning to 'get it forward' but our fitness and the fact that they were chasing the ball for a lot of the game told in the end. As Hilly would say a game lasts 90 minutes or today 94. Their time wasting and kicking the ball away etc was shocking and the ref never got a grasp of it.

If Northampton play like that for the rest of the season they won't go down.
Few thoughts from tonight on 22:58 - Oct 22 with 2608 views442Dale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:52 - Oct 22 by D_Dale

But it will be interesting to see what KH has to say. Maybe he will take the view that Dale's two late goals weren't as deserved as the late winner against Cheltenham.

It'll also be interesting to see what team he fields at D&R. Donnelly and Tutte to start?

Donnelly off the bench is a different player to the one that starts. He may have found a role where his impact is much more meaningful.

Thought Tutte did ok, much quicker with his passing and looked to drive forward when in possession. Presuming Lund is injured I'd start with both Allen and Tutte in midfield with Dicker.

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:59 - Oct 22 with 2591 viewsmaybee

Have to feel a mixture of elation that we won when not playing anywhere near our best, coupled with a tinge of sympathy for a gutsy Northants team who defended very well for the vast majority of the game.
However, it's the mark of a good team to somehow conjure a win out of a below par performance, and it's full credit to the lads that they kept plugging away until the very end.

Whilst feeling slightly sorry for Cobblers, you have to say that their constant timewasting finally caught up with them. Between them, they must have wasted around ten minutes of the second half. Quite ironic therefore that we scored just as the added time board was being raised.

So here we sit, top of the league....looking down on everyone. It's a good night to be a Dale fan. Thanks Team Rochdale.
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:00 - Oct 22 with 2556 viewsColDale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:58 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Donnelly off the bench is a different player to the one that starts. He may have found a role where his impact is much more meaningful.

Thought Tutte did ok, much quicker with his passing and looked to drive forward when in possession. Presuming Lund is injured I'd start with both Allen and Tutte in midfield with Dicker.

I thought Tutte was a bit wasteful in possession. Them long range shots are great when they come off, but he tried too hard to score one of them tonight. I thought Hery had a good game and was a little unfortunate to come off.
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:02 - Oct 22 with 2532 viewsColDale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:59 - Oct 22 by maybee

Have to feel a mixture of elation that we won when not playing anywhere near our best, coupled with a tinge of sympathy for a gutsy Northants team who defended very well for the vast majority of the game.
However, it's the mark of a good team to somehow conjure a win out of a below par performance, and it's full credit to the lads that they kept plugging away until the very end.

Whilst feeling slightly sorry for Cobblers, you have to say that their constant timewasting finally caught up with them. Between them, they must have wasted around ten minutes of the second half. Quite ironic therefore that we scored just as the added time board was being raised.

So here we sit, top of the league....looking down on everyone. It's a good night to be a Dale fan. Thanks Team Rochdale.

Don't pity them. They have a far bigger budget than ourselves and despite some decent play by them, they are the complete antithesis of what makes us so wonderful.
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:05 - Oct 22 with 2477 views442Dale

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:00 - Oct 22 by ColDale

I thought Tutte was a bit wasteful in possession. Them long range shots are great when they come off, but he tried too hard to score one of them tonight. I thought Hery had a good game and was a little unfortunate to come off.

The initial plan might have been to bring on both Donnelly and Bunney as Hill was deep in conversation with both at half time - Bunney stuck his shin pads on etc. it just ended up being Allen instead and like for like.

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:06 - Oct 22 with 2454 viewsDaley_Lama

Dicker got double teamed.

Not his greatest game for us but he's a cut above in this division so not arrised in the slightest.

Rose had a bad game? Fair enough he slipped for their second (running theme all night) but more than made up for that with his equaliser.

I don't mind criticism where it's due but really? Tonight?

Well played Cobblers, very well organised against a very good team.

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:10 - Oct 22 with 2352 viewsdingdangblue

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:49 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

OK Northampton's time wasting can only be viewed with distaste, and it came back to bite them on the arse, but...

I thought they played quite well. Boothroyd had no doubt seen that we played everything through Dicker and had him closed down. Dicker's most average performance so far in a Dale shirt, but with all 14 men having so much self-belief it seemed as though there could only be one outcome!! Their first only made me smile and think "this is what Dale do on these occasions" and their second only made me think "we don't half like to make it difficult for ourselves" and even with 5 minutes of normal time remaining I was thinking "who's gonna get the goals this time?"

Well, actually I wasn't... I was thinking more like "we played OK and we're by far the better team so f*ck you Boothroyd, we'll be finishing the season better than you did last year!"

And then it happened.

C'EST WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE C'EST WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

I not sure that their timewasting was treated harshly enough by the ref - in a normal game you now expect 3 minutes 'time allowed' so tonight I was expecting at least 5 mins minimum. Couldn't believe they were taking it to the cornerflag with 15 mins to go! And as for Boothroyd running down the touchline pretending to retrieve the ball? Glad we won and glad we didn't panic and glad Georgie got a bit of luck for the winner. He runs around alot and shows great enthusiasm and even though he's not the greatest Id prefer him to start now ahead of Cummins who I can't make out what he brings to the team, he's not great in the air, he's not particularly quick and he doesn't really have a goal threat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:11 - Oct 22 with 2339 viewsDaley_Lama

Ps

The final goal came as dicker dropped back for Josh to roll it to him rather than use plan B of lumping it to VIncetti.(last 10 mins)

90+ minutes gone and he knows how we play best.

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 2302 viewsroccydaleian

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:52 - Oct 22 by bazingadale

Dicker was awful tonight
Him and rose were terrible

Fook off.
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 2294 viewsR17ALE

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:10 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

I not sure that their timewasting was treated harshly enough by the ref - in a normal game you now expect 3 minutes 'time allowed' so tonight I was expecting at least 5 mins minimum. Couldn't believe they were taking it to the cornerflag with 15 mins to go! And as for Boothroyd running down the touchline pretending to retrieve the ball? Glad we won and glad we didn't panic and glad Georgie got a bit of luck for the winner. He runs around alot and shows great enthusiasm and even though he's not the greatest Id prefer him to start now ahead of Cummins who I can't make out what he brings to the team, he's not great in the air, he's not particularly quick and he doesn't really have a goal threat.

It wasn't luck, it was a good finish, even if he didn't hit the ball as cleanly as he'd have liked, and Duke (who looked uncannily like Keith Welch) had weak wrists.

Welch would have saved it tbf!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024