Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
first time 10:58 - Aug 17 with 10812 viewsgwnobull

well today is the day i introduce my 3 year old son Jack Ashworth to his first football match.
Hope he grows up to be a DALE fan like me
first time on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 9075 viewsSalwaDale

Keep him coming and I'm sure he will.

TBBT

first time on 11:25 - Aug 17 with 9058 viewssmudge

don't know if you see os it will cost you £5 for him today,they wanted £10 for my 2 granddaughters who are only 2 and 3yr old when I took them to first game of season against Hartlepool
first time on 11:33 - Aug 17 with 9045 viewsValleySaddler

Its free for under 7s and has been for a long time to my knowledge.
Two of my daughters have benefited from this.....
Maureen in the ticket office will sort you out no problems....
first time on 11:39 - Aug 17 with 9027 viewsG_Dale

Isn't there a free season ticket for kids? Maybe under 12s?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

first time on 11:43 - Aug 17 with 9019 viewsroccydaleian

According to the OS it seems it's a fiver for under 7's
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-prices-1314-897372.aspx
first time on 11:48 - Aug 17 with 9002 views442Dale

first time on 11:43 - Aug 17 by roccydaleian

According to the OS it seems it's a fiver for under 7's
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-prices-1314-897372.aspx

Don't understand that at all. Proof of age is needed for an under 7s season ticket, so why can't anyone go to the ticket office with the proof and get a free match ticket? they presumably need the same proof to get a ticket for a fiver?

Unless of course fans are able to turn up at any time and get the season ticket. Which then makes even advertising the £5 charge a bit redundant.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

first time on 11:50 - Aug 17 with 8998 viewsValleySaddler

Had'nt noticed that.
Traditionally i have paid on the day and have benefited from the free under 7s for my kids.
This season i got season tickets including a free under 7 so i presumed it was still the same on the day...........
A bit strange that the charge has been brought in???
first time on 11:57 - Aug 17 with 8988 views442Dale

first time on 11:50 - Aug 17 by ValleySaddler

Had'nt noticed that.
Traditionally i have paid on the day and have benefited from the free under 7s for my kids.
This season i got season tickets including a free under 7 so i presumed it was still the same on the day...........
A bit strange that the charge has been brought in???

Especially as the charge is avoidable by asking for a free season ticket at the ticket office... the same place you have to get the £5 under 7 ticket from!

Rather than offering a one off match ticket, I'm sure they wouldn't turn away anyone asking for a season ticket at any time. The season ticket option helps ensure more regular attendance by younger fans - something any club would want.

In fact, if any parent asks for an u7 match ticket, the staff should actively promote the free season ticket instead. The crucial thing is getting as many kids as possible interested in coming to games from an early age. Far more valuable than getting a few fivers off their parents.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:03]

Login to get fewer ads

first time on 12:07 - Aug 17 with 8973 viewsDaley_Lama

The free season ticket for under sevens is only given out if requested when purchasing a full season ticket if i recall correctly.

Requesting one on it's own is not an option on this basis.

Poll: DF in or out

first time on 12:10 - Aug 17 with 8964 views442Dale

first time on 12:07 - Aug 17 by Daley_Lama

The free season ticket for under sevens is only given out if requested when purchasing a full season ticket if i recall correctly.

Requesting one on it's own is not an option on this basis.

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1049

Members Questions:

Q) I enquired at the Ticket Office about a Free season ticket for my 5 year old. Was told as I didn’t ask for a kids ticket when I purchased my own Main Stand Season Ticket back in April. I couldn’t have one. If the tickets are free and the club wants to increase the future fanbase can this please be discussed at the meeting with the club on Thursday.
A) The club have reviewed this policy in recent weeks and are pleased to announce that the youngster can have a free season ticket. Given that the admission fee for juniors is £5, the club would encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group.

Edit: so as the club want to " encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group", it's probably already been addressed within the ticket office so that staff will encourage fans to get a season tickets for an U7 instead of a single match ticket.

Editedit: that said, it's a worry if that's what happened to smudge (see post up the thread) v Hartlepool, especially as the meeting with directors took place in July.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:19]

first time on 12:16 - Aug 17 with 8949 viewsTVOS1907

first time on 12:10 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1049

Members Questions:

Q) I enquired at the Ticket Office about a Free season ticket for my 5 year old. Was told as I didn’t ask for a kids ticket when I purchased my own Main Stand Season Ticket back in April. I couldn’t have one. If the tickets are free and the club wants to increase the future fanbase can this please be discussed at the meeting with the club on Thursday.
A) The club have reviewed this policy in recent weeks and are pleased to announce that the youngster can have a free season ticket. Given that the admission fee for juniors is £5, the club would encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group.

Edit: so as the club want to " encourage any supporter bringing a supporter who is seven or under to take advantage with the free season ticket for that age group", it's probably already been addressed within the ticket office so that staff will encourage fans to get a season tickets for an U7 instead of a single match ticket.

Editedit: that said, it's a worry if that's what happened to smudge (see post up the thread) v Hartlepool, especially as the meeting with directors took place in July.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:19]

Think I posted this after the Hartlepool game, but there was a chap at the Ticket Office window buying a ticket for his young child.

He didn't know about the free s/t for under-7s, but was told one couldn't be processed that day, although he could call in at any time during the week to get one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

first time on 12:20 - Aug 17 with 8939 views442Dale

first time on 12:16 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

Think I posted this after the Hartlepool game, but there was a chap at the Ticket Office window buying a ticket for his young child.

He didn't know about the free s/t for under-7s, but was told one couldn't be processed that day, although he could call in at any time during the week to get one.

Why not offer a free ticket on the day then? It just makes the whole £5 charge completely pointless.

Simple plan edit: to avoid processing season tickets on a matchday: issue a season ticket form to the parent enquiring along with a pen, ask if they wouldn't mind filling it in quickly (away from the window if it's really busy). Issue free match ticket, advise that free season ticket will be available to pick up at the next home game.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:26]

first time on 13:15 - Aug 17 with 8865 viewsBirchy915

Proper Rochdale name is Ashworth.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

first time on 13:21 - Aug 17 with 8858 viewssandylaner1

good job dad
first time on 13:41 - Aug 17 with 8828 viewsD_Alien

first time on 12:20 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Why not offer a free ticket on the day then? It just makes the whole £5 charge completely pointless.

Simple plan edit: to avoid processing season tickets on a matchday: issue a season ticket form to the parent enquiring along with a pen, ask if they wouldn't mind filling it in quickly (away from the window if it's really busy). Issue free match ticket, advise that free season ticket will be available to pick up at the next home game.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:26]

The club must be employing a millipede to sort these things out, since they've shot themselves in the foot so many times but still seem to be walking the same walk.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

first time on 18:24 - Aug 17 with 8697 viewsgwnobull

well he enjoyed the game needed the toilet just as we lined up to take penalty so i missed all the action involving the 2 pens
wanted to go home after 80 mins we stayed till 88 mins so he did well fell asleep on way home and wants to watch highlights to see if he's telly,bless him
he wants to go again and i might treat him to an away trip one day
first time on 18:26 - Aug 17 with 8681 views442Dale

first time on 18:24 - Aug 17 by gwnobull

well he enjoyed the game needed the toilet just as we lined up to take penalty so i missed all the action involving the 2 pens
wanted to go home after 80 mins we stayed till 88 mins so he did well fell asleep on way home and wants to watch highlights to see if he's telly,bless him

Did you get him a season ticket?

first time on 18:27 - Aug 17 with 8675 viewsD_Alien

first time on 18:24 - Aug 17 by gwnobull

Sounds a bit like Talking Sutty does your lad!

But he'll be posting on here in ten years time about his first Dale game being a cracker!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

first time on 18:29 - Aug 17 with 8667 viewsgwnobull

first time on 18:26 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Did you get him a season ticket?

no got a complimentry given to me so not a bad deal will ask about season ticket next week
first time on 22:51 - Aug 17 with 8469 viewsTalkingSutty

first time on 18:27 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Sounds a bit like Talking Sutty does your lad!

But he'll be posting on here in ten years time about his first Dale game being a cracker!

Trying to say i have a bladder problem ??
first time on 02:46 - Aug 18 with 8399 viewsdownunder

In 3 years he could be like this lad...if you are not careful.
first time on 08:30 - Aug 18 with 8358 viewsharoldo

first time on 11:57 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Especially as the charge is avoidable by asking for a free season ticket at the ticket office... the same place you have to get the £5 under 7 ticket from!

Rather than offering a one off match ticket, I'm sure they wouldn't turn away anyone asking for a season ticket at any time. The season ticket option helps ensure more regular attendance by younger fans - something any club would want.

In fact, if any parent asks for an u7 match ticket, the staff should actively promote the free season ticket instead. The crucial thing is getting as many kids as possible interested in coming to games from an early age. Far more valuable than getting a few fivers off their parents.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:03]

Come on lads it's only a fiver,!... How we survive with average crowds under the 3,000 mark is a bloody miracle especially with a side looking to push for promotion. Let's get behind them , In Dale we trust!!!!!!
first time on 08:43 - Aug 18 with 8346 views442Dale

first time on 08:30 - Aug 18 by haroldo

Come on lads it's only a fiver,!... How we survive with average crowds under the 3,000 mark is a bloody miracle especially with a side looking to push for promotion. Let's get behind them , In Dale we trust!!!!!!

It's not a fiver though, it's free if fans under 7 are offered a season ticket instead of a match ticket.

first time on 09:27 - Aug 18 with 8310 viewsjajadale

first time on 02:46 - Aug 18 by downunder

In 3 years he could be like this lad...if you are not careful.

I do like that chant.
first time on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 8301 viewsR17ALE

first time on 18:29 - Aug 17 by gwnobull

no got a complimentry given to me so not a bad deal will ask about season ticket next week

Out of interest, how and who gave it you?

And why?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024