Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Done 22:10 - Mar 25 with 3695 views442Dale

Not sure what more he could have done to win MotM. Rafferty was very good but Done was back to his electrifying best and the quantity and quality of his crosses were of a much higher standard than L2.

Allen played well again; there was one ball he took on his heat on the half turn that many, including their midfielder missed completely. Work of a potential genius.

Words for Bennett and Donnelly who stepped in and produced good displays, with Donnelly's being the best he's had for the club. Those two centre halves couldn't cope when anyone put them under pressure and Hill got his tactics spot on

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matty Done on 22:11 - Mar 25 with 2839 viewspnc4eva1

Barker's game plan seemed to be play crap as though you don't care

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Matty Done on 22:17 - Mar 25 with 2754 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo back to his mercurial best also. Ball glued to his feet in possession and wonderful finish just when we needed it after ht. Very classy player.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matty Done on 22:17 - Mar 25 with 2746 viewspaulscho

The lad deserves a goal absolute masterclass ....along with the other 12
He was excellent on Saturday as well ....

livinginadalewonderland

Matty Done on 22:19 - Mar 25 with 2705 viewsColDale

Some of the play tonight was scintillating. A real pleasure to watch. Every one of them were magnificent.
Matty Done on 22:19 - Mar 25 with 2705 viewsShun

So many MOM candidates today. Everyone played fantastically and I agree it was probably Georgie's best ever Dale game.
Matty Done on 22:22 - Mar 25 with 2684 viewspaulscho

Jamie allen all over the park ......Va va voom

livinginadalewonderland

Matty Done on 22:23 - Mar 25 with 2659 views442Dale

Matty Done on 22:17 - Mar 25 by dingdangblue

Hendo back to his mercurial best also. Ball glued to his feet in possession and wonderful finish just when we needed it after ht. Very classy player.

Good finish but Carson should have stopped it. And god knows what he was doing with the third.

Matty Done on 22:25 - Mar 25 with 2629 viewspaulscho

Bit harsh .....roof of the net for the third ,and 2nd powered into the bottom corner !!!!!!

livinginadalewonderland

Login to get fewer ads

Matty Done on 22:25 - Mar 25 with 2628 views442Dale

One other thing, that was a side missing its best defender, best defensive midfielder and best striker. You can talk about the spine of the team being important, but a good squad is equally so.

We've have five games without Scott Hogan and collected 12 points.

Matty Done on 22:28 - Mar 25 with 2553 views442Dale

Matty Done on 22:25 - Mar 25 by paulscho

Bit harsh .....roof of the net for the third ,and 2nd powered into the bottom corner !!!!!!

Got a hand to Hendo's, Vincenti's went in right above him.

Matty Done on 22:29 - Mar 25 with 2550 viewsViva_la_Dale

Matty Done definite MoM. Without his early goal line clearance they could've pinched one, parked the bus and it might have been a very different game. That added to his forward play and defensive work - clear MoM for me.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 22:31]
Matty Done on 22:32 - Mar 25 with 2513 viewspaulscho

A different back four ,but still a polished performance ,Reece Bennet has slotted in very well when ever Hilly has given him his chance,Rafferty improves with every game and Lancashire is pure class ,Matty Done is enthrawling to watch and surely playing like a marauding wing back (making Scotty Wiseman look a little bit pedestrian )
Loving it !!!! Up The Mighty Slumping Dale

livinginadalewonderland

Matty Done on 22:36 - Mar 25 with 2477 viewsTVOS1907

Agree about Done for MotM, although I think the award to Rafferty was probably influenced by him being near to the sponsors area in the second half.

Also agree about Carson's involvement in our goals, although I'm sure if need be, we'd have still got three some other way.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matty Done on 22:42 - Mar 25 with 2396 viewsD_Alien

While just pipped for Mom tonight, for me the turning point in our season was when Hilly pulled his biggest masterstroke by sticking Done at left back - against Leeds I think. We've not looked back since, and the lad is clearly too good for L2. Same goes goes for Rafferty though!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matty Done on 22:43 - Mar 25 with 2372 viewsTVOS1907

Matty Done on 22:42 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

While just pipped for Mom tonight, for me the turning point in our season was when Hilly pulled his biggest masterstroke by sticking Done at left back - against Leeds I think. We've not looked back since, and the lad is clearly too good for L2. Same goes goes for Rafferty though!

Good job Rose got sent-off at Scunny then!

These red cards have won us more games than not!

Matty Done on 22:44 - Mar 25 with 2369 viewsdingdangblue

Matty Done on 22:28 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Straight in the bottom corner. Sure he didn't touch it at full stretch. Guess highlights will tell.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matty Done on 22:45 - Mar 25 with 2356 viewsTVOS1907

Matty Done on 22:44 - Mar 25 by dingdangblue

Straight in the bottom corner. Sure he didn't touch it at full stretch. Guess highlights will tell.

He got a slight touch on it, but is a shit keeper so it didn't matter.

Matty Done on 22:46 - Mar 25 with 2330 viewsD_Alien

Matty Done on 22:44 - Mar 25 by dingdangblue

Keeper got a hand to it, but it looked "in" all the way and all he could do was deflect it slightly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matty Done on 22:48 - Mar 25 with 2295 viewsDaley_Lama

Matty Done on 22:45 - Mar 25 by TVOS1907

He got a slight touch on it, but is a shit keeper so it didn't matter.

Done for me too, just.

Bennett a close second.

Poll: DF in or out

Matty Done on 22:55 - Mar 25 with 2214 viewsClivert

Matty Done on 22:23 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Good finish but Carson should have stopped it. And god knows what he was doing with the third.

It was in as soon as Hendo hit it tbf.

Matt Done was brilliant tonight and was my mom but as mentioned above when we put in a performance like that then there's a case for so many players to be singled out.
Matty Done on 22:56 - Mar 25 with 2210 viewsboromat

Well a few weeks ago their 29 was compared to yaya toure in the defensive midfield slot when they played chesterfield. Tonight Paul aches ran rings round him ;-). Allen is some player!

As for MOTM I can't disagree with Joe especially when he's been so unlucky in the last few games as well. Done and Donnelly were the other contenders for me but the team were excellent.

Felt a little sorry for Bennett I thought he struggled at times he was playing at a different tempo to the rest of the team and I thought his lack of games showed. But regardless he recovered from most and he looked better towards the end, 90 mins will have done him good.

Looking forward to Fleetwood now, buy your tickets, let's fill the stand! Up the dale!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matty Done on 22:57 - Mar 25 with 2194 viewsTalkingSutty

Matty Done on 22:28 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Behind both goals, the keeper did well to get a hand on Hendos shot and had no chance at all with Vincentis header. Both very good finishes.
Matty Done on 23:07 - Mar 25 with 2101 views442Dale

Matty Done on 22:57 - Mar 25 by TalkingSutty

Behind both goals, the keeper did well to get a hand on Hendos shot and had no chance at all with Vincentis header. Both very good finishes.

Different views I suppose, from the main stand he should have done much better. With Vincenti's he did a Paul Williams and jumped lower than his height.

Matty Done on 00:08 - Mar 26 with 1926 viewsolympicdale

This was the first game for me since I returned, and I have to say we seem to have a very good side, what impressed me most was the work ethic by the whole team, they really work for one another, and do look like they would run through a brick wall for Hill, they all seem determined to finish as champions, and by the end they had the body language of such.

What also impressed me was how we battled, against a big physical side, we were never once pushed off the ball, as many Dale sides of past years have been accused of being so lightweight, and in possession, well there were times Pompey where chasing shadows. The way we keep the ball and how we react when losing it was very continental in my eyes, and as an avid watcher of european football, this might sound stupid, but it is not dissimilar to the style of Bayern Munich, the way that the team works it from the back, and if they lose the ball, go on a mission to close down the team to get it back, pressing and passing is the basis of the play, and proving ruthless in front of goal.

I was a little concerned when I saw Bennett at the back, but he had Agyemang (sp) in his pocket 2nd half, I never thought they would score, he was their only outlet and our CBs controlled him. George Donnelly, where has he discovered this skill, stepovers and flick ons?? that isn't the Georgie I remember,it was also great to see that Rafferty has improved his positional play, the defense looks like a well oiled machine, Lillis looks much more commanding, and vocal than previous.

All in all this looks like a pretty good team, one that looks to have been well drilled, and worked on over a few years, not 8 months, a win against Fleetwood and it could be one foot in L1.

Onwards and upwards.

Life is a game of fate.

Matty Done on 07:26 - Mar 26 with 1714 viewsaleanddale

Matty Done for me as well by a whisker from Jamie Allen.

The other 9 starters all superb to a man and you could have picked anyone from the outfield 10.

Allen - WOW WOW WOW

Hendo - WOW WOW

Vincenti - WOW WOW

Georgie - WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Just fookin WOW.

Onto Fleetwood.

Up the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024