Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 15:51 - Dec 2 with 26289 views_dezzy

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-v-oldham-athletic-club-statem

This post has been edited by an administrator

KHBA

Club statement on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 2344 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 18:39 - Dec 2 by bennersdale

Go on then give us a solution? It has been covered over and over that you wouldn't get any other part of the ground, you got your allocation which is a very good one compared to other grounds percentage of available space. Fair play to those shatic fans who came and watched the game in the home ends and kept their gobs shut, those who chose not to do spoiled it for everybody else. The blame falls on Oldham supporters who couldnt behave themselves in the home end.

Solution: Cordon off 1/3 of the Pearl St end and a police/steward barrier to separate fans. Open the gate allowing a clear walk through into the away end for those wanting to use the facilities (toilets/bar/refreshments).

There are absolutely no reasons for this not being possible. 6 weeks to sort some sort of segregation as simple as netting spanning 5 or 6 seats and a line of police.

If the game is all ticket and there are enough to satisfy demand then fans don't go in the opposite end.

Don't give me all the bollocks saying "it's our home game" etc etc as although true, there were 2,500 empty seats in that stadium yesterday in the home stands which could have housed our fans, in turn feeding your coffers.

Instead, demand is not met and people have been hurt...

What is more important? Your pride of not wanting more away fans than yourselves or the safety of BOTH sets of supporters?
Club statement on 18:56 - Dec 2 with 2319 viewsTalkingSutty

Club statement on 18:50 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

Solution: Cordon off 1/3 of the Pearl St end and a police/steward barrier to separate fans. Open the gate allowing a clear walk through into the away end for those wanting to use the facilities (toilets/bar/refreshments).

There are absolutely no reasons for this not being possible. 6 weeks to sort some sort of segregation as simple as netting spanning 5 or 6 seats and a line of police.

If the game is all ticket and there are enough to satisfy demand then fans don't go in the opposite end.

Don't give me all the bollocks saying "it's our home game" etc etc as although true, there were 2,500 empty seats in that stadium yesterday in the home stands which could have housed our fans, in turn feeding your coffers.

What is more important? Your pride of not wanting more away fans than yourselves or the safety of BOTH sets of supporters?

Let's get this right, you are suggesting opening the gate between the home stand and the visitors stand to let fans go backwards and forwards to the toilet?? You saw the behaviour of the Oldham fans adjacent to that gate are you seriously suggesting that's what should have happened. You're a set of bloody crate eggs!!
Club statement on 18:57 - Dec 2 with 2311 viewsArthurDaley

Club statement on 18:42 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

I think you're wasting your time mate, we've all tried but they just can't grasp it. I don't think they are doing it on purpose neither. Like I said the clue is in their nickname, how else can you explain the level of thickness??
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 18:49]

Oldham born Oldham bred, strong in t'arm thick in t'head.

A large VAT Dave

Club statement on 18:58 - Dec 2 with 2300 viewsboromat

Club statement on 18:30 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

Where in my post did I say none of it was our fault?

But that club statement lays 100% of the blame on Oldham Athletic.

Going in the wrong stand is NOT an excuse to assault somebody.

This whole thing could have been prevented as you've had 5-6 weeks knowing we had sold out our allocation and plenty still wanted to go to the game.

The club statement puts 100% of the blame on a small minority of Oldham fans. I think we can all agree on that! 20 - 30 Oldham fans out of 3500ish were 100% to blame.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club statement on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 2293 views442Dale

Have you checked with relevant health and safety bodies whether the transfer of fans between stands to use toilets etc is ok?

Have you put something in place to stop fans transferring from the Willbutts into the Pearl St?

Is 5 or 6 seats the requisite amount of distance required between two sets of fans?

And finally, we must be certain all these ideas are ok with the police seeing as they've all got to line up along the netting as well, right?

I like a plan, one that is well thought out with answers to any possible questions that's may crop up, like the above. Ill-thought out plans raise more questions without actual answers which could then lead to further problems down the line. But as you have a "solution", presumably you have already got the answers in hand, so we await a prompt reply.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 19:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club statement on 19:17 - Dec 2 with 2215 viewsSuddenLad

Here's a novel idea for you thick Neanderthal clowns........

No matter how many supporters you take to away games, just behave like human beings, leave the rocket flares at home and act like grown-ups who are fit to be let out into public places unaccompanied and without medication.

When you do that, you won't need to visit opposing team message boards and make a complete ar5e of yourself trying to defend the indefensible.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club statement on 19:25 - Dec 2 with 2194 viewsToffeemanc

4+3+2+1 = 10 ........ I get it now it must be your IQ ???
Are you really as mentally challenged as you come across ??? You must be if after the dozens of explanations from other posters on different threads explaing why no more tickets could be made available to you still hasn't sunk in. Instead of spending all your spare time on here talking bollocks why not go back to school and get an education? TS is right about you lot, you have worked exceptionally hard to earn the nickname BIFFO.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Club statement on 19:34 - Dec 2 with 2162 viewsbennersdale

We didn't have all this palarva last season when Leeds united came to town who are 10 times a bigger club than shatics. They just accepted their away allocation, sold that out then those that sat amongst us in the home ends behaved. There wasn't one bit of trouble all day in fact it was a pleasure even after we beat them.

What's so different with so called Oldham supporters behaving and enjoying a game of football? Its the billy big bollox attitude they have over us, if you don't believe me check their forum out. Full of condescending tvvats

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 19:36 - Dec 2 with 2154 viewsboromat

Club statement on 18:59 - Dec 2 by 442Dale

Have you checked with relevant health and safety bodies whether the transfer of fans between stands to use toilets etc is ok?

Have you put something in place to stop fans transferring from the Willbutts into the Pearl St?

Is 5 or 6 seats the requisite amount of distance required between two sets of fans?

And finally, we must be certain all these ideas are ok with the police seeing as they've all got to line up along the netting as well, right?

I like a plan, one that is well thought out with answers to any possible questions that's may crop up, like the above. Ill-thought out plans raise more questions without actual answers which could then lead to further problems down the line. But as you have a "solution", presumably you have already got the answers in hand, so we await a prompt reply.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 19:00]

Season ticket holders wouldn't be too impressed having to move either. We wouldn't give man u, man c, Chelsea or any other top club more than the away stand so why would we give Oldham any more?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Club statement on 19:39 - Dec 2 with 2144 viewsSuddenLad

Club statement on 19:34 - Dec 2 by bennersdale

We didn't have all this palarva last season when Leeds united came to town who are 10 times a bigger club than shatics. They just accepted their away allocation, sold that out then those that sat amongst us in the home ends behaved. There wasn't one bit of trouble all day in fact it was a pleasure even after we beat them.

What's so different with so called Oldham supporters behaving and enjoying a game of football? Its the billy big bollox attitude they have over us, if you don't believe me check their forum out. Full of condescending tvvats

There was a Leeds fan sat in the next seat to me in the TDS. Perfectly well behaved, no behaviour or language to cause concern to anyone nearby, just mixed in and acted properly, right up to the final whistle when we all went our separate ways.

Now if Leeds supporters can do that..............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club statement on 19:42 - Dec 2 with 2135 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 19:25 - Dec 2 by Toffeemanc

4+3+2+1 = 10 ........ I get it now it must be your IQ ???
Are you really as mentally challenged as you come across ??? You must be if after the dozens of explanations from other posters on different threads explaing why no more tickets could be made available to you still hasn't sunk in. Instead of spending all your spare time on here talking bollocks why not go back to school and get an education? TS is right about you lot, you have worked exceptionally hard to earn the nickname BIFFO.

Ha ha ha ha! The fact you have to lower yourself to playground name-calling just shows you're the mentally challenged one my friend.

I've come up with an argument for one side, your argument is for the other. Do you know for a fact that these options were explored? Do you bollocks. Just as much as I don't know for a fact that these options were NOT explored.

So pipe down and grow up!
Club statement on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 2122 views442Dale

Club statement on 19:42 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

Ha ha ha ha! The fact you have to lower yourself to playground name-calling just shows you're the mentally challenged one my friend.

I've come up with an argument for one side, your argument is for the other. Do you know for a fact that these options were explored? Do you bollocks. Just as much as I don't know for a fact that these options were NOT explored.

So not really a "solution" then?

As we were.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club statement on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 2118 viewsRosun

Come on lads this is just simple arithmetic right?
Attendance was what? 7200 ish? They brought how many? 4000?
Next time we play them we just put all the Dale fans in the Wilbutts Stand. That way Oldham can bring as many as they want and can attack programme sellers on 3 sides of the ground as opposed to only the one side they had on Saturday. They can also smash up Studds bar (would anyone notice?) but would probably get bored of waiting to be served a drink in the Ratcliffe Arms and would quickly lose the will to live when they saw the prices in there. Win / Win.
It's not rocket science.
Club statement on 19:57 - Dec 2 with 2072 viewsnordenblue

Club statement on 19:42 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

The club wont have explored your miraculous solution as its that wildly impossible to implement it would never be an option to any sane person
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 19:58]
Club statement on 20:08 - Dec 2 with 2016 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 19:57 - Dec 2 by nordenblue

The club wont have explored your miraculous solution as its that wildly impossible to implement it would never be an option to any sane person
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 19:58]

I've seen it implemented at plenty of grounds. It's that simple even Stockport managed to give us 1 and a half stands the first year they came up.

It's only difficult if either you don't want to put the effort in to keep fans safe or you're thick as fcuk. My guessing is for most of you, it's the latter.

You don't want to accept that your club could have made a balls up so you you try and make it ok in your own heads by calling us thick.

For fans that claim not not care less about us, you seem very persistent in calling us BIFFO's. We must really get under your skin for you to give us our own nickname!
Club statement on 20:13 - Dec 2 with 1820 viewsDaley_Lama

It's like a Spirograph this site since Saturday, the amount of circles we are going around.

Let's try for the 94th time

Before

Oldham were given 3200 seats
Oldham sold all of the seats
Rochdale did not give Oldham any more seats (Rochdale's choice, the rules I think are that you should get 10% if required, Dale gave you 30%)
Rochdale did not know how many home fans would turn up so retained approximately 6,800

During

1) Many Oldham fans entered the Rochdale parts of the ground despite obvious signs - who's fault? The individual Oldham fans
2) Flares were set off in the away end - whose fault? The individual Oldham fans
3) Fans went onto the pitch from both the away stand and home stands. Whose fault? The individual Oldham fans
4) Fighting broke out in the Home ends - whose fault? See point 1. Without point 1, point 4 could never have existed.

Afterwards

Tiresome repetitive tripe from a small handful of Oldham fans, similar to the idiotic behaviour a small handful of Oldham fans during the game

Defending the actions of individual Oldham fans in both parts of the ground because Rochdale did not give you further parts of the ground is Comical Ali.

There comes a point where one must hold ones hands up and say "there's nothing more that can be done for this one" - that's where I am with this subject now, the indefensible will be defended because some people are simply that thick they will blindly defend idiots come what may.

Boring
Idiotic
Fickos
From
Oldham
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:17]

Poll: DF in or out

Club statement on 20:18 - Dec 2 with 1803 viewsitschalky

If I remember rightly wasn't some of your "supporters* on that hooligan program that was on CH 5 earlier in the year...

You reap what you sow...
Club statement on 20:22 - Dec 2 with 1784 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement on 20:08 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

I've seen it implemented at plenty of grounds. It's that simple even Stockport managed to give us 1 and a half stands the first year they came up.

It's only difficult if either you don't want to put the effort in to keep fans safe or you're thick as fcuk. My guessing is for most of you, it's the latter.

You don't want to accept that your club could have made a balls up so you you try and make it ok in your own heads by calling us thick.

For fans that claim not not care less about us, you seem very persistent in calling us BIFFO's. We must really get under your skin for you to give us our own nickname!

'I've seen it implemented at plenty of grounds.'

OK, name them. You've started with Stockport. Name some more and to make it easy, name those where it has only affected Oldham.

'For fans that claim not not care less about us, you seem very persistent in calling us BIFFO's. We must really get under your skin for you to give us our own nickname!'

Does registering on an opponents' messageboard and still posting on there three days after the game also count as being under someone's skin?

And isn't BIFFOs used for people from Oldham in general and not necessarily just to do with football?

What is it with all this billy big bollocks attitude from your lot? I'll tell you what it is.

You've gone years being above Dale in the league pecking order, sometimes by as much as three divisions. We've always been that little club on the other side of Tandle Hill who you didn't need to bother with.

But now, we're on a level footing, separated by only three points and your lot don't like it one bit. It reminds you how much you've fallen and how little you've achieved in the last 20-odd years to be playing nomarks like us.

In fact, and this is a serious question, who exactly do you consider as your true derby rivals?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:28]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club statement on 20:27 - Dec 2 with 1743 viewsDaley_Lama

Club statement on 20:18 - Dec 2 by itschalky

If I remember rightly wasn't some of your "supporters* on that hooligan program that was on CH 5 earlier in the year...

You reap what you sow...

Yep, that justifies everything that happened on Saturday.

I am honestly amazed at the amount of ways a few people are trying to excuse the actions of a few divvies. This is a new tack and a genius one as well.

Club statement on 20:28 - Dec 2 with 1742 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement on 20:18 - Dec 2 by itschalky

You reap what you sow...

Hey up, another club who employed Lee Hughes.

You mean you actually took that programme seriously?

Was it responsible for Oldham fans in the home end?

Was it responsible for Oldham fans attacking a female programme seller?

Was it responsible for Oldham fans bringing flares into Spotland?

Take a look at some of your lot leaping around and banging on car bonnets outside Meadow Lane just because Nathan Stanton annoyed you before you start trying to preach to us.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:32]

Club statement on 20:32 - Dec 2 with 1727 viewsTalkingSutty

Club statement on 20:22 - Dec 2 by TVOS1907

'I've seen it implemented at plenty of grounds.'

OK, name them. You've started with Stockport. Name some more and to make it easy, name those where it has only affected Oldham.

'For fans that claim not not care less about us, you seem very persistent in calling us BIFFO's. We must really get under your skin for you to give us our own nickname!'

Does registering on an opponents' messageboard and still posting on there three days after the game also count as being under someone's skin?

And isn't BIFFOs used for people from Oldham in general and not necessarily just to do with football?

What is it with all this billy big bollocks attitude from your lot? I'll tell you what it is.

You've gone years being above Dale in the league pecking order, sometimes by as much as three divisions. We've always been that little club on the other side of Tandle Hill who you didn't need to bother with.

But now, we're on a level footing, separated by only three points and your lot don't like it one bit. It reminds you how much you've fallen and how little you've achieved in the last 20-odd years to be playing nomarks like us.

In fact, and this is a serious question, who exactly do you consider as your true derby rivals?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:28]

Great last Question, wouldn't surprise me if they plump for a team from a completely different county, I wouldn't put it past them.

Thinking about it, they don't have one do they?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:34]
Club statement on 20:33 - Dec 2 with 1716 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement on 20:32 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

Great last Question, wouldn't surprise me if they plump for a team from a completely different county, I wouldn't put it past them.

Thinking about it, they don't have one do they?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:34]

Ashton United?

Club statement on 20:36 - Dec 2 with 1695 viewsDaley_Lama

They hate Man U, Man City and Leeds too.

I know this and I know that every single Oldham fan thinks this way because some of their fans sang it on Saturday.

Every Oldham fan is going to come to Rochdale to donate food bags because some of their fans sang Feed the Dale on Saturday too.

Each and every single Oldham fan is an anarchistic free-thinker because some of them "do what we want"

It would appear that there is no room for the individual thought or actions in football. In my mind this makes TVOS and judd the same person.

Scary.

Club statement on 20:38 - Dec 2 with 1685 viewsTalkingSutty

Club statement on 20:33 - Dec 2 by TVOS1907

Ashton United?

Maybe Stalybridge? Well it's not us and it's not bury and it's not Bolton and it's not Stockport and it sure as hell isn't Utd or City so geographically it would be either Ashton or Stalybridge
Club statement on 20:45 - Dec 2 with 1648 viewsRosun

Have Tokyo Joes issued a statement after Saturday nights "wear your shirt and get a free pint" promotion?
Maybe the Rochdale fans that attended there didn't attack the cloakroom attendant on the way in or set off the fire extinguishers half way through the night or try to storm the DJ booth at the end of the night.
If you acted like that in a nightclub the least you would expect would be a kicking out the back from a couple of bouncers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024