Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club statement 15:51 - Dec 2 with 26288 views_dezzy

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-v-oldham-athletic-club-statem

This post has been edited by an administrator

KHBA

Club statement on 22:13 - Dec 2 with 1933 viewsnordenblue

Club statement on 22:02 - Dec 2 by TommoRAFC

The Huddersfield derby isn't that outlandish, they've played each other alot over recent times and built up a rivalry. Wasnt our main rival Halifax until they dropped into the non-league and bury dropped into league two? Tranmere sounds like a tazzyism unless it's to do with Ronnie Moore?

I think most of the Biffo's have come across ok on here to be fair. Compared to some of the bell ends we've copped for on here from Rotherfield, Bradford and bury...

They're in different counties, its like saying we can have a derby with Torquay as we've played them a lot we qualify.Its generally linked to proximity
Club staetment on 22:17 - Dec 2 with 1928 viewsNinco

Club staetment on 17:08 - Dec 2 by BiggusDickus6969

Regarding postcodes and close proximity. Why couldn't there be something in place where it was all ticket in which you had to get a 'voucher' or use a ticket from a game this season to purchase one for the oldham game.

It's at a time like this that the membership scheme we had in place during the nineties would have been useful. If they were to stop selling memberships once the season had started, and then they asked people to produce a membership card when they bought a ticket for the Rochdale end, most Oldham fans wouldn't have been able to buy one. I know there would be a few who would find a way round it, such as borrowing one or buying one before the season started, but it would alleviate the problem.
Club statement on 22:18 - Dec 2 with 1926 viewsDomDale

Club statement on 21:12 - Dec 2 by biffo4321

Why do we need local rivals? The teams local to us are either too good to be a rival or too small to be a rival so I guess we'll have to get on with playing our 46 league games a season against the same teams as you....

I don't see you playing your tinpot 4th division rivals!

He's got a point. Bury are tinpot.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Club statement on 22:28 - Dec 2 with 1898 viewsNinco

From memory, don't they have a similar set up in one of the stands at Boundary Park? I think one of their stand had a fence which split the stand in two so a stand with five blocks of seats in it became a block of three and two. You could then either use all five for one team or split the stand between the two teams. I think bury also have the option of splitting up their main stand and there have been occasions when part of the main stand has been made available to us when the away stand has been full, so the option to split a stand is there for the price of some form of fencing, but the only problem then would be that you would get some supporters with season tickets complaining because their usual seat is not available if that part of the stand has been given up to the other team.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 22:52]
Club staetment on 22:31 - Dec 2 with 1876 views442Dale

Club staetment on 22:17 - Dec 2 by Ninco

It's at a time like this that the membership scheme we had in place during the nineties would have been useful. If they were to stop selling memberships once the season had started, and then they asked people to produce a membership card when they bought a ticket for the Rochdale end, most Oldham fans wouldn't have been able to buy one. I know there would be a few who would find a way round it, such as borrowing one or buying one before the season started, but it would alleviate the problem.

The membership scheme was a bad idea. It kills off the floating fan interest, they ain't going to even think about buying one before a season starts. Woman at work hadn't even considered going to a Dale game this season until she noticed we were playing Oldham a few weeks ago.

Get the online ticketing database sorted, or even use the current ones. I can't believe there were many Dale fans there on Saturday who didn't go to Wembley. Most should be on the database from that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club statement on 22:32 - Dec 2 with 1881 viewsBrighouseDale

Club statement on 22:13 - Dec 2 by nordenblue

They're in different counties, its like saying we can have a derby with Torquay as we've played them a lot we qualify.Its generally linked to proximity

I remember Halifax being our derby. Might be in a different county, but Ripponden is only 4 or 5 miles from Littleborough.

On a side note, I note that we sing Lancashire when playing Yorkshire clubs, but isn't it time we started a Greater Manchester song?

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Club statement on 23:28 - Dec 2 with 1789 viewsArthurDaley

Club statement on 22:32 - Dec 2 by BrighouseDale

I remember Halifax being our derby. Might be in a different county, but Ripponden is only 4 or 5 miles from Littleborough.

On a side note, I note that we sing Lancashire when playing Yorkshire clubs, but isn't it time we started a Greater Manchester song?

Never, deep down we are still Lancashire, even now when I write my address I still put Lancashire.
She's a lassie from greater Manchester doesn't sound right.

A large VAT Dave

Club statement on 23:31 - Dec 2 with 1783 viewsShun

Club statement on 20:18 - Dec 2 by itschalky

If I remember rightly wasn't some of your "supporters* on that hooligan program that was on CH 5 earlier in the year...

You reap what you sow...

Wait... no one's told chalky to fook off yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Club statement on 23:32 - Dec 2 with 1782 viewsShun

Club statement on 21:30 - Dec 2 by roccydaleian

You should be used to this by now. Fook off Chalky!

Oh, wait, no, there we go.
Club statement on 00:36 - Dec 3 with 1719 viewsShawLatic

Club statement on 18:19 - Dec 2 by nordenblue

Many apologies for Rochdale fans setting off flares and smoke bombs, and our mistake again for our fans going in the wrong end,can we offer our deepest regrets at smashing the regal moon up before and after the game too.
Last but not least Ill have a word too and make sure none of our fans ever make a repeat performance of running on the pitch to change stands in the future

That's obviously not true I was in there before the game nothing got smashed up. Things got a little heated with some of our and your cranks. But they served us all day apart from a 10 minute spell when the said idiots dispersed.

And as for afterwards the pubs weren't allowing anyone in after the game!

And as for were the vast majority behaved? I'd say yes 3200 of us 8 or 9 arrests wasn't it?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 0:41]
Club statement on 06:04 - Dec 3 with 1652 viewsTommoRAFC

Club statement on 00:36 - Dec 3 by ShawLatic

That's obviously not true I was in there before the game nothing got smashed up. Things got a little heated with some of our and your cranks. But they served us all day apart from a 10 minute spell when the said idiots dispersed.

And as for afterwards the pubs weren't allowing anyone in after the game!

And as for were the vast majority behaved? I'd say yes 3200 of us 8 or 9 arrests wasn't it?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 0:41]

There was 35 arrests, not 8 or 9.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Club staetment on 07:21 - Dec 3 with 1618 viewsEllGazzell

Club staetment on 17:13 - Dec 2 by tazzydjr

to be fair the Athlunatic's will just find an loophole around this they're not that dumb they are Ex-Premiership Fan's mixed with League 1 Fan's just ask fellow Leeds United Fan's when their in town again
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 17:14]

I hope Dale gets into Championship or evan Premier league if it's gonna be facter in my inteligence. I'm studying for degree in phsycology and need all help availible to get my head round these tricky questions.

I only asume that all the scientists and engineers behind Rosetta mission must be fans of champions league winners...
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 7:21]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Club statement on 07:43 - Dec 3 with 1597 viewsoa85

I've been sat in latics home end many times when away fans have jumped up when they scored. Blackpool in the play-offs, leeds in the fa cup, sheff united in the league. Did I look for a fight with them when they did? No, I let the stewards deal with it which they did every time. It was wrong for latics fans to sit in the home end and celebrate but does that make it right for a small minority of rochdale fans to go at them looking for a fight? No it doesn't, and that is why you should take some of the responsibility.
Club statement on 07:52 - Dec 3 with 1582 viewsDaley_Lama

Club statement on 07:43 - Dec 3 by oa85

I've been sat in latics home end many times when away fans have jumped up when they scored. Blackpool in the play-offs, leeds in the fa cup, sheff united in the league. Did I look for a fight with them when they did? No, I let the stewards deal with it which they did every time. It was wrong for latics fans to sit in the home end and celebrate but does that make it right for a small minority of rochdale fans to go at them looking for a fight? No it doesn't, and that is why you should take some of the responsibility.

You should read Albert and the lion.

Poll: DF in or out

Club statement on 08:07 - Dec 3 with 1567 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 07:52 - Dec 3 by Daley_Lama

You should read Albert and the lion.

Blame us for Ebola if you like. Seems everything else is our fault.

Some of you lot could even find a way of pinning cancer on us too.

A neutral looking in on this forum would be absolutely pi$$ing themselves at you.
Club statement on 08:20 - Dec 3 with 1553 views442Dale

Club statement on 08:07 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

A neutral looking in on this forum would be absolutely pi$$ing themselves at you.

Have you any "solutions" for people pi$$ing themselves?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club statement on 08:25 - Dec 3 with 1553 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 08:20 - Dec 3 by 442Dale

Have you any "solutions" for people pi$$ing themselves?

Yes - stop playing the victim.
Club statement on 09:53 - Dec 3 with 1480 viewsTVOS1907

Club statement on 08:07 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

Four days later.....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club statement on 09:55 - Dec 3 with 1477 viewsDaley_Lama

Club statement on 08:25 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

Yes - stop playing the victim.

Had albert not poked the lion, he would not have got eaten.

Had your fans not entered the home end, it would not have kicked off.

Had you not posted on here, you would not have appeared like a fool.

No victim playing from me, simple cause and effect.

Poll: DF in or out

Club statement on 10:01 - Dec 3 with 1468 viewsronnie1980

Club statement on 18:59 - Dec 2 by 442Dale

Have you checked with relevant health and safety bodies whether the transfer of fans between stands to use toilets etc is ok?

Have you put something in place to stop fans transferring from the Willbutts into the Pearl St?

Is 5 or 6 seats the requisite amount of distance required between two sets of fans?

And finally, we must be certain all these ideas are ok with the police seeing as they've all got to line up along the netting as well, right?

I like a plan, one that is well thought out with answers to any possible questions that's may crop up, like the above. Ill-thought out plans raise more questions without actual answers which could then lead to further problems down the line. But as you have a "solution", presumably you have already got the answers in hand, so we await a prompt reply.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 19:00]

How about making it all ticket for home fans, months in advance announcing that home fans will only be able to buy a ticket for the game with a ticket stub from one of say four home games in the run up to the game, or the turnstile operators have vouchers at those four games for those paying cash who want to go to the oldham game ?
Club statement on 10:20 - Dec 3 with 1439 viewsShawLatic

Club statement on 06:04 - Dec 3 by TommoRAFC

There was 35 arrests, not 8 or 9.

Still minority though isn't it. Just trying to say we aren't all bell ends lol.
Club statement on 10:22 - Dec 3 with 1437 viewsDomDale

Club statement on 10:01 - Dec 3 by ronnie1980

How about making it all ticket for home fans, months in advance announcing that home fans will only be able to buy a ticket for the game with a ticket stub from one of say four home games in the run up to the game, or the turnstile operators have vouchers at those four games for those paying cash who want to go to the oldham game ?

Reasonable suggestion..A lot of clubs offer loyalty schemes based on points. More effective for the Premier League where most games are sell outs, the most high profile games get given to the "most loyal fans".

Trouble is, our ticketing system is archaic. No online ticketing & I doubt we have much of a database. I also doubt many of our fans would be arsed with keeping ticket stubs if they even get a ticket. Pay on the day at spotland doesn't give the fan a ticket. Not sure what it's like at Boundary Park as I've always bought in advance? Maybe things we need to think of in future...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Club statement on 10:25 - Dec 3 with 1431 viewsbiffo4321

Club statement on 09:55 - Dec 3 by Daley_Lama

Had albert not poked the lion, he would not have got eaten.

Had your fans not entered the home end, it would not have kicked off.

Had you not posted on here, you would not have appeared like a fool.

No victim playing from me, simple cause and effect.

What is so hard to understand?

Cheering for the opposite team at a football match is not an excuse for violence. It's a FOOTBALL MATCH its not a civil war.
Club statement on 10:44 - Dec 3 with 1412 viewsnordenblue

Club statement on 10:25 - Dec 3 by biffo4321

What is so hard to understand?

Cheering for the opposite team at a football match is not an excuse for violence. It's a FOOTBALL MATCH its not a civil war.

Entering the wrong stand knowingly is an offence leading to ejection,what part of that dont you still grasp?
Id let your own fans know its only a football match and not a civil war as most of your chavs turned up just to get pissed up and cause trouble.
Club statement on 10:46 - Dec 3 with 1408 viewsronnie1980

Club statement on 10:22 - Dec 3 by DomDale

Reasonable suggestion..A lot of clubs offer loyalty schemes based on points. More effective for the Premier League where most games are sell outs, the most high profile games get given to the "most loyal fans".

Trouble is, our ticketing system is archaic. No online ticketing & I doubt we have much of a database. I also doubt many of our fans would be arsed with keeping ticket stubs if they even get a ticket. Pay on the day at spotland doesn't give the fan a ticket. Not sure what it's like at Boundary Park as I've always bought in advance? Maybe things we need to think of in future...

Just have the vouchers on the turnstiles for the four games prior to playing us for those paying cash, problem solved IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024