Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring, Boring Swansea 18:44 - Feb 7 with 26218 viewsbobrien

We are dull, It's official. We play unimaginative and boring football. There's no point pretending anymore. We are just another football club now. Having matched us play a uneventful game today against Sunderland, I was left with a feeling of disappointment and frustration. There more questions than answers like what is our game plan without the ball, why can't we play a different formation and why o why is Nathan Dyer is starting?. We have no tempo, we have no style, we have no leaders, we have no character and we have no plan a let alone a plan b. I know people will say look at the table, look at our points tally and they may have a point but look at the football pitch. We have been lucky in lots of games this season. Burnley deserved atleast a point, how we got a anything from the Villa is still a mystery, we also didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home, Everton away and Sunderland away and that's not even mentioning last Sunday against Southampton. We are not special anymore, we don't play great football our even good football. We have become boring, boring Swansea City
Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:40 - Feb 8 with 1750 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:01 - Feb 8 by Starsky

I'm not too concerned... However, the triangles have disappeared.

Did they go Downtown?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:42 - Feb 8 with 1742 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed, boring utterly the wrong word, hence the posts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:50 - Feb 8 with 1728 viewsPhil_S

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:40 - Feb 8 by NeiltheTaylor

Did they go Downtown?

Leave Petula Clark out of this please, she isn't registered on here to defend herself
Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:51 - Feb 8 with 1722 viewsperchrockjack

Tony hatch was boring

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:58 - Feb 8 with 1711 viewsjudgejonevs

Football under John Hollins was boring.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:07 - Feb 8 with 1688 viewsUplandsJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:09 - Feb 8 by Neath_Jack

It's his personal opinion and he has tried answering those who counter him, which is what this forum is all about shirley? He wasn't abusive to anyone and i don't think it was anti monk type post. More of him this board needs. I don't think it has warranted comments like shit thread etc, no need for it. If it was Warwick or someone else, the majority of those who has directed that nonsense towards the OP would just have steered clear of the thread because Warwick is a decent bloke, despite his low opinion of Monk.

Did i enjoy the game yesterday? Not particularly. There was no rhythm or tempo to it, for the most part it was disjointed with plenty of huffing and puffing but not much else. We created more than we have in the past few months, but nothing to write home about. It was better aye, but nowhere near the stuff we played under Rodgers or Laudrup as you alluded to.

And for a shit thread, it was going along nicely until Darran and Spratty have started their nonsense and interspersed with Perchy's nothing posts. Oh and Dav chipped into the OP with his pseudo intelligent bollox.

Good post...
Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:12 - Feb 8 with 1675 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:06 - Feb 8 by judgejonevs

I just wanted to point out that 'twp' isn't bad language, it means you're dull/stupid.

Well I think it's pretty clear im neither dull or stupid. If you can't add anything constructive please don't add anything at all.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:14 - Feb 8 with 1673 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:07 - Feb 8 by BobJack

Are you T2C?

I don't know who or what that is
Login to get fewer ads

Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:16 - Feb 8 with 1669 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:13 - Feb 8 by sixpenses

Welcome to the forum bobrien excellent thread addressing an issue of concern to many of us as seen by the many previous posts by a range of posters about it on this forum.

I Particularly admire the way you dealt with the usual abuse and inane comments from those that have nothing constructive to add.

I would say if some of the “intelligensia” think they are totally fair and impartial they should take 2 steps back from the screen and read their contibutions again

For my part, although much more hartened by our performance yesterday than those of late I can entirely see where you are coming from. It is my hope as the new players establish themselves more we can come back to a better rythym / team cohesion. Looking forward to going up to Brom mid week and hoping we can continue to press on with addressing these issues.

I thought Gomis put a good shift in and do find it interesting how some have knocked Gomis and said Ki is a better striker, forgetting how Bony even after a year and massive game time could not score this season until October. I think a fully integrated Gomis with a team of the quality we have could give really lovely skillful free flowing performances if we get them optimally firing together.

Thanks for for the warm welcome although I don't fell it's shared by many others.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:17 - Feb 8 with 1668 viewsskippyjack

I agree with some of the OPs points.. but yesterday was a vast improvement from the drivel we've witnessed in the last few games... Sunderland had one shot and scored.. if Bony played yesterday we would've won.. yesterday was like a new team.. Cork and Ki were a new partnership.. they only got breached once (unfortunately the goal).. we kept the ball better than previous games.. Dyer put some fantastic crosses in.. Monk did make an error.. Dyer on the left.. Barrow on the right..Rangel on the bench.. he should've started Rangel... put Dyer on the right.. Montero on the left or Barrow.. he's tweaking the selections too much.. plus we've only got one true right winger.. Naughton should play away from home.. oh and Neil Taylor is dogshite

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:57 - Feb 8 with 1617 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:35 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

The OP (whoever he or she is) has some valid opinions. One or two posters even managed to actually discuss them...
Shame about the usual knee-jerk arse dribble from the others though. Fancy someone having the temerity to discuss our style of play on a football forum...

Boring? Maybe that's the wrong word but we're arse-numbingly predictable at the moment and not much fun to watch. I'm not averse to grinding out results when required but we have the capacity to be so much better.

I can't see any excuse for sitting back and inviting pressure after going ahead against teams we should be putting to the sword.

*cue the "you're a Monk hater with an agenda" f*ckwittery...

Edit: aye aye, dailew's got the Kleenex out ...
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 15:44]

Here's something else that's arse-numbingly predictable - your weekly posts claiming that we're arse-numbingly predictable. I'm not going down the "Monk hater with an agenda" route because anyone who can read can see how true that is and has been for, oh, about a year.

Change the record mun, I know you've got plenty more (records that is).

Poll: Tory leader

Boring, Boring Swansea on 17:06 - Feb 8 with 1593 viewsperchrockjack

Seems friends, boring has a new meaning or interpreted differently.

As a kid, I was easily bored having the attention span of a gnat and when a young adolescent even more so,, even now I get restless if not entertained or humoured.

I'm not bored ,ever, watching us. I d rather be bored than angry or upset .

Boring, Boring Swansea on 17:11 - Feb 8 with 1571 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It was a typical mid table battle with loads of huff and puff and not too much on the end of it. (Sunderland with Defoe are a solid mid table team).

We are set up more defensively under Monk than we used to be and it shows. A central midfield of Cork, Ki and Shelvey is not as attacking as Leon, JDG and Michu that we saw under Laudrup. Ki is starting to get forward more from that central spot and often to great effect but he's not the natural attacker that JDG is. We therefore look a more solid but less exciting team.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 17:49 - Feb 8 with 1512 viewsDavillin

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:09 - Feb 8 by Neath_Jack

It's his personal opinion and he has tried answering those who counter him, which is what this forum is all about shirley? He wasn't abusive to anyone and i don't think it was anti monk type post. More of him this board needs. I don't think it has warranted comments like shit thread etc, no need for it. If it was Warwick or someone else, the majority of those who has directed that nonsense towards the OP would just have steered clear of the thread because Warwick is a decent bloke, despite his low opinion of Monk.

Did i enjoy the game yesterday? Not particularly. There was no rhythm or tempo to it, for the most part it was disjointed with plenty of huffing and puffing but not much else. We created more than we have in the past few months, but nothing to write home about. It was better aye, but nowhere near the stuff we played under Rodgers or Laudrup as you alluded to.

And for a shit thread, it was going along nicely until Darran and Spratty have started their nonsense and interspersed with Perchy's nothing posts. Oh and Dav chipped into the OP with his pseudo intelligent bollox.

You must find some self-pride or at least self-respect.

You wrote, "Oh and Dav chipped into the OP with his pseudo intelligent bollox."

First, I did not chip into the OP at all. My first post on this thread had nothing whatever to do with the original poster! He misunderstood [intentionally in order to get into an argument with me, I'm sure] and "chipped into" me. And I responded charitably. As I'm doing here.

Second, please resign from the "Hate Davillin" club. It's not becoming.

Third, when you read something that's over your head, don't assume it's "pseudo intelligence." It's probably just intelligence that's over your head.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:11 - Feb 8 with 1434 viewsNeath_Jack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 17:49 - Feb 8 by Davillin

You must find some self-pride or at least self-respect.

You wrote, "Oh and Dav chipped into the OP with his pseudo intelligent bollox."

First, I did not chip into the OP at all. My first post on this thread had nothing whatever to do with the original poster! He misunderstood [intentionally in order to get into an argument with me, I'm sure] and "chipped into" me. And I responded charitably. As I'm doing here.

Second, please resign from the "Hate Davillin" club. It's not becoming.

Third, when you read something that's over your head, don't assume it's "pseudo intelligence." It's probably just intelligence that's over your head.

Hate you? Don't flatter yourself cowboy.

You aint clever old chap, or at least not half as clever as you think you are.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:10 - Feb 8 with 1382 viewsWarwickHunt

Boring, Boring Swansea on 16:57 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

Here's something else that's arse-numbingly predictable - your weekly posts claiming that we're arse-numbingly predictable. I'm not going down the "Monk hater with an agenda" route because anyone who can read can see how true that is and has been for, oh, about a year.

Change the record mun, I know you've got plenty more (records that is).

Oh dear - a "na na na na na" post. From ECB. Tragic really.

Try talking about football, Andrew. Go on, have a crack...

You could wait until Burnley or Spurs and we could discuss it over a pint - I'll be at both.
I'll obviously be hoping we lose like, innit. Mun.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:12 - Feb 8 with 1379 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:10 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

You could wait until Burnley or Spurs and we could discuss it over a pint - I'll be at both.

Haha ECBs hit a nerve.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 1372 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:10 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

Well yeah, of course you'll be at both. Burnley's within spitting distance of Manchester and :Spurs is in London. I don't plan on being at either. Villa's a possibility though, maybe. As you know, Philip, I'd be happy to share a pint with you. We can argue to our hearts content and then proof read that day's copy of The Guardian for typos and grammatical errors.

What would you like me to say about football? I'll concede that I do tend to leave it to the self-professed experts (like you, obviously) much of the time but mainly because this site's attraction has never been purely the football talk for me. I did contribute to this very thread here though. The problem you have is that you're not keen on being challenged and you certainly don't react well to being pulled up on your obvious and long-standing disdain for Monk. Your juvenile response to my post proves that.

So ner ner nerner ner yourself. Pull your socks up, you can do better than that. I'm not one of those posters who you can browbeat with your loquacious and colourful insults. Although you're welcome to give it a go like. I won't be offended and you'll probably make me laugh, you often do.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:42 - Feb 8 with 1342 viewsWarwickHunt

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:19 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

Well yeah, of course you'll be at both. Burnley's within spitting distance of Manchester and :Spurs is in London. I don't plan on being at either. Villa's a possibility though, maybe. As you know, Philip, I'd be happy to share a pint with you. We can argue to our hearts content and then proof read that day's copy of The Guardian for typos and grammatical errors.

What would you like me to say about football? I'll concede that I do tend to leave it to the self-professed experts (like you, obviously) much of the time but mainly because this site's attraction has never been purely the football talk for me. I did contribute to this very thread here though. The problem you have is that you're not keen on being challenged and you certainly don't react well to being pulled up on your obvious and long-standing disdain for Monk. Your juvenile response to my post proves that.

So ner ner nerner ner yourself. Pull your socks up, you can do better than that. I'm not one of those posters who you can browbeat with your loquacious and colourful insults. Although you're welcome to give it a go like. I won't be offended and you'll probably make me laugh, you often do.

I know you're a sci-fi fan, but strangely enough I'm unable to I'll teleport* myself from SW14 to neither Lancashire nor Tottenham.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to be challenged on football matters. Trotting out the agenda bollocks every time like a speak your weight machine doesn't qualify. You're turning into dailew with typing skills.

* is it the correct term? I haven't watched Dr Who since I was about 9... Grown up, see.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:45 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewsPhil_S

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:42 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

I know you're a sci-fi fan, but strangely enough I'm unable to I'll teleport* myself from SW14 to neither Lancashire nor Tottenham.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to be challenged on football matters. Trotting out the agenda bollocks every time like a speak your weight machine doesn't qualify. You're turning into dailew with typing skills.

* is it the correct term? I haven't watched Dr Who since I was about 9... Grown up, see.

One day dailew will up arrow you just to confuse the world...
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:46 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:42 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

I only mentioned the "agenda" 'cos you did.

Teleport will do. It's a bit passe but I'll let it slide given your advancing years.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:46 - Feb 8 with 1325 viewsDavillin

Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:11 - Feb 8 by Neath_Jack

Hate you? Don't flatter yourself cowboy.

You aint clever old chap, or at least not half as clever as you think you are.

You have not the slightest idea of how "clever" I am, or in what ways, or am not. I think it's best that way, for you and for me.

But Dailew just gave you an up-arrow on that post, I don't think he ever gave me one.

So with that, I declare that you win (said while slinking away in depressing dismay).

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:51 - Feb 8 with 1316 viewsNeath_Jack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:46 - Feb 8 by Davillin

You have not the slightest idea of how "clever" I am, or in what ways, or am not. I think it's best that way, for you and for me.

But Dailew just gave you an up-arrow on that post, I don't think he ever gave me one.

So with that, I declare that you win (said while slinking away in depressing dismay).

And you'll do well to remember that first line the next time you make reference to a posters supposed lack of intelligence. It is, after all, your favourite and most used put down to others.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:54 - Feb 8 with 1308 viewsItchySphincter

Boring, Boring Swansea on 15:22 - Feb 8 by goontheswans

What you mean those same changes brenden rodgers made to his team and that have dominated football the last twenty years. Why look for space on a football pitch or drag the opposition out of position for someone else. When you can just make it easier for the guy marking you and stand in the same place.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:56 - Feb 8 with 1298 viewsWarwickHunt

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:12 - Feb 8 by Darran

Haha ECBs hit a nerve.

Aye - wounded.

Never heard that one before see...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024