Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matching determination 16:59 - Apr 2 with 6882 viewsolympicdale

What an absolute dire second half performance, the whole half felt like an end of season performance. Games like this, against teams fighting for their lives, are won and lost on if you can match the oppositions desire and determination, and Dale didn't do that. Donny came out in the second half and wanted to win the game, we couldn't cope with that, they upped their determination and desire, were quicker to the ball and just wanted it more. We played, and looked like a team with nothing to play for.

Edit: get in Canavan!! Any chance to fcuk up fergie in fergie time is always good!

Life is a game of fate.

Matching determination on 17:35 - Apr 2 with 5567 viewsD_Alien

I wouldn't call it dire, but you're right about the determination up to a point. In fact, up to the point we showed we weren't prepared to go out with a whimper and snatched a point which felt very good in the spring afternoon sunshine. Pitch inspection? wft was all that about?

I enjoyed today's game. We were unlucky not to be more than one goal ahead at half time although once again we had to rely on Lillis to pull off a couple of blinding saves, which are becoming almost routine for him now. No fault of his for either of Donny's goals. Holt should hold his hand up for not tracking their player for the second - Lillis had a word with him for leaving him exposed, and I've no doubt Holty knew he'd been a bit lax.

But overall, pleased we put Fergie in his place, which looking at the table is down. They'd have still been in trouble with 3 points after today, 1 will feel like a defeat.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 17:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matching determination on 17:42 - Apr 2 with 5510 viewsSuddenLad

A welcome and perhaps fortuitous point, but more welcome because of the irony of doing it against a team whose manager is the worst exponent of time wasting and niggardly play.

I hope it feels like a defeat for him. He dishes it out every week. Now he has to swallow it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matching determination on 17:54 - Apr 2 with 5443 viewspedrodale

If that's the standard for the next six games I'm not looking forward to them. Donny were worst team I've seen all season and we only just matched them with Lillis proving yet again to be best player on the pitch, there aint another keeper in the league who stops one on ones like Lillis.
Although they will have a say in it we shouldn't be allowing the bottom teams to dictate how we play, its not our fault they are where they are and we shouldn't give them any sympathy.
Matching determination on 17:57 - Apr 2 with 5409 viewsrobtheb

Not a great game of football today, lucky to grab a point.

We played much better last week with 10 men at Wigan.

Do you think that when Hilly says we can play with no pressure now, we are safe in League 1 we do just that.

I am sure that teams above us (and some below) are all fighting for a playoff place.
We should be doing the same which means we have to have some pressure around us.
Our fans would love to see us in the playoffs.

Also, Gordon Strachan watching today.....there for a day out or watching someone?
Matching determination on 17:58 - Apr 2 with 5396 viewsD_Alien

Matching determination on 17:54 - Apr 2 by pedrodale

If that's the standard for the next six games I'm not looking forward to them. Donny were worst team I've seen all season and we only just matched them with Lillis proving yet again to be best player on the pitch, there aint another keeper in the league who stops one on ones like Lillis.
Although they will have a say in it we shouldn't be allowing the bottom teams to dictate how we play, its not our fault they are where they are and we shouldn't give them any sympathy.

Worst team you've seen this season? Can Dale fans never find it within themselves to give credit where it's due? These same comments were made after the Southend game!!

To me, they looked like a decent outfit hindered by a crap manager.

Matching determination on 18:07 - Apr 2 with 5321 viewspedrodale

Matching determination on 17:58 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

Worst team you've seen this season? Can Dale fans never find it within themselves to give credit where it's due? These same comments were made after the Southend game!!

Not splitting hairs but I thought Dale were well worthy of there win against Southend, today we were not worthy of a point.
Matching determination on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 5304 viewsTalkingSutty

Matching determination on 17:58 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

Decent first half, very poor second but a great point under the circumstances. We can't play well all of the time. Credit to Donny, contrary to others I thought they played well as the game progressed and even in the first half Lillis came to our rescue a couple of times. They battled and showed good movement up front, it's never easy when a teams fighting for its life. There fans got behind them as well so it was a good effort alround from Doncaster.

I thought we missed Henderson big time today, he's always a threat and we are better with him the team.
Matching determination on 18:10 - Apr 2 with 5285 views442Dale

Matching determination on 18:08 - Apr 2 by TalkingSutty

Decent first half, very poor second but a great point under the circumstances. We can't play well all of the time. Credit to Donny, contrary to others I thought they played well as the game progressed and even in the first half Lillis came to our rescue a couple of times. They battled and showed good movement up front, it's never easy when a teams fighting for its life. There fans got behind them as well so it was a good effort alround from Doncaster.

I thought we missed Henderson big time today, he's always a threat and we are better with him the team.

I hope that watching that today, Henderson realises his importance and how he needs to avoid those needless red cards.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Matching determination on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 5248 viewsdingdangblue

Matching determination on 18:08 - Apr 2 by TalkingSutty

The key was missing those early chances - even though we took the lead we never looked comfortable and especially from half time onwards Donny did all the attacking - till the 96th min.

#fergietime

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matching determination on 18:15 - Apr 2 with 5235 viewsD_Alien

Matching determination on 18:07 - Apr 2 by pedrodale

Not splitting hairs but I thought Dale were well worthy of there win against Southend, today we were not worthy of a point.

Correct, which makes it difficult to envisage why Doncaster could be seen as anyone's worst team of the season. They played with a tenacity which we couldn't match for long periods, and no little skill.

Matching determination on 18:15 - Apr 2 with 5228 viewsdalestats

Payback for all Fergies time wasting of the past. Hendo no tweets about the game just Herbalife!

Poll: Remain in the eu

Matching determination on 18:19 - Apr 2 with 5197 viewsDaley_Lama

If we lost then nobody could have grumbled today, despite us being the slightly better team in the first half.

As it was, it was great to stick it to Fergie Jnr in 90 + 6 with only 5 minutes of extra time. The time waster's ultimate retribution.

I'm pretty sure most if not all who were singing "going down" were doing so to Fergie Jnr rather than the Donny fans (unlucky chaps)

The most Fergie of Fergie things today was applauding Tyson who was waiting to be subbed on. Tyson had shouted/waved to Mcsheffrey to go as far away as possible from the dugouts as possible, to waste as much time as possible. This he did before his elongated walk back to whence he came when he was subbed.

Thought Williams up front for them was excellent.

Poll: DF in or out

Matching determination on 18:19 - Apr 2 with 5193 viewssince58

Matching determination on 18:10 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

I hope that watching that today, Henderson realises his importance and how he needs to avoid those needless red cards.

Hope so ,might be 3 or 4 points better off but we'll never know .
Matching determination on 18:27 - Apr 2 with 5129 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Felt we were pissed on in the Sandy today...........decent performance from Dale 1st half playing towards TDS.......then sweet fa for whole of 2nd half,with no attempts on goal till fergie time.......absolute abysmal show.
Matching determination on 18:27 - Apr 2 with 5127 viewsR17ALE

Matching determination on 18:19 - Apr 2 by Daley_Lama

If we lost then nobody could have grumbled today, despite us being the slightly better team in the first half.

As it was, it was great to stick it to Fergie Jnr in 90 + 6 with only 5 minutes of extra time. The time waster's ultimate retribution.

I'm pretty sure most if not all who were singing "going down" were doing so to Fergie Jnr rather than the Donny fans (unlucky chaps)

The most Fergie of Fergie things today was applauding Tyson who was waiting to be subbed on. Tyson had shouted/waved to Mcsheffrey to go as far away as possible from the dugouts as possible, to waste as much time as possible. This he did before his elongated walk back to whence he came when he was subbed.

Thought Williams up front for them was excellent.

Really? I thought he was shite. Should have had a first half hat-trick. He reminded me of Donnelly!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Matching determination on 18:31 - Apr 2 with 5105 viewsDaley_Lama

Matching determination on 18:27 - Apr 2 by R17ALE

Really? I thought he was shite. Should have had a first half hat-trick. He reminded me of Donnelly!

I'm at the other end and in the second half I thought he caused us all sorts of problems.

#can'tseethatfarcosmepeepersaregettingold

Poll: DF in or out

Matching determination on 18:33 - Apr 2 with 5082 viewshxdale

Matching determination on 18:15 - Apr 2 by dalestats

Payback for all Fergies time wasting of the past. Hendo no tweets about the game just Herbalife!

ummmmm
Matching determination on 18:43 - Apr 2 with 5021 viewsanotherbiffo

Absolutely massive equaliser (for us biffos).

Though for a minute you were trying to send us down!
Matching determination on 19:46 - Apr 2 with 4789 viewsSwissdale

Matching determination on 18:10 - Apr 2 by 442Dale

I'm not convinced he cares that much. After the equaliser went in today I turned around to see the reaction of the players who were sat in a box in the main stand; none were on their feet and a couple barely looked up from their phones. Sad to see our passion is, to a few at least, just a job.
Matching determination on 19:48 - Apr 2 with 4773 viewsTalkingSutty

Matching determination on 18:13 - Apr 2 by dingdangblue

The key was missing those early chances - even though we took the lead we never looked comfortable and especially from half time onwards Donny did all the attacking - till the 96th min.

#fergietime

Why, what happened in the 96th minute, did I miss something
Matching determination on 21:08 - Apr 2 with 4589 viewsolympicdale

Matching determination on 19:46 - Apr 2 by Swissdale

I'm not convinced he cares that much. After the equaliser went in today I turned around to see the reaction of the players who were sat in a box in the main stand; none were on their feet and a couple barely looked up from their phones. Sad to see our passion is, to a few at least, just a job.

Bit unfair on Hendo that, only months after committing his future to Dale. I'm sure he does care, we don't know what is going on with players personal lives, Hendo will need to use this time out of the team, to get his head sorted.

Life is a game of fate.

Matching determination on 21:28 - Apr 2 with 4530 viewsroccydaleian

Matching determination on 19:46 - Apr 2 by Swissdale

Hendo might have been busy deleting something off a phone.
Matching determination on 23:58 - Apr 2 with 4331 viewsrochedale

I think we maybe started too well, and lulled ourselves in to a false sense of 'we are going to walk this'. The goals conceded were slack rather than bad play. Concentration levels slipped. I think Hilly, at times, needs to be more vocal from the sides, and bollock players a little more to keep them on their toes. By far the better team with far better players I thought today.

Depressing though we let it slip, potentially the end of our play-off push, shame, especially against such a poor side.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Matching determination on 00:46 - Apr 3 with 4281 viewsdingdangblue

Matching determination on 23:58 - Apr 2 by rochedale

I think we maybe started too well, and lulled ourselves in to a false sense of 'we are going to walk this'. The goals conceded were slack rather than bad play. Concentration levels slipped. I think Hilly, at times, needs to be more vocal from the sides, and bollock players a little more to keep them on their toes. By far the better team with far better players I thought today.

Depressing though we let it slip, potentially the end of our play-off push, shame, especially against such a poor side.

We haven't let anything slip. We cant do anything about Bradford winning the last 3. Even had we won today its a huge ask to catch up the top 6.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matching determination on 00:57 - Apr 3 with 4263 viewsrochedale

Matching determination on 00:46 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

We haven't let anything slip. We cant do anything about Bradford winning the last 3. Even had we won today its a huge ask to catch up the top 6.

An extra 2 points wouldn't have harmed though!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024