Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 1370250 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
0
Half decent tv on 19:39 - Sep 7 with 3114 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cant wait for my nights to start on Thursday - Binge watching the 2nd season of The Gentlemen - I absolutely loved the first season - And if you have not watched Season 1 yet I highly recommend it
1
Half decent tv on 20:18 - Sep 7 with 3038 viewsHAYESBOY

Silo season 3 ended. Eps 9 and 10 were so good. Season 4 will be the last.

Smells like a trout farm in here

1
Half decent tv on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 3006 viewsMaggsinho

Colin from Accounts series three back on iPlayer today. One of the funniest, warmest comedies you’ll see.
4
Half decent tv on 19:40 - Sep 16 with 2628 viewsE17hoop

Half decent tv on 19:39 - Sep 7 by Superhoops2808

Cant wait for my nights to start on Thursday - Binge watching the 2nd season of The Gentlemen - I absolutely loved the first season - And if you have not watched Season 1 yet I highly recommend it


Been travelling the last couple of weeks and this has been great to watch on the train. Currently on ep 7 of S1.

It's very Guy Ritchie and borrows from Breaking Bad but is definitely watchable, and I'm hooked enough to want to watch S2.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

1
Half decent tv on 20:57 - Sep 16 with 2516 viewsHAYESBOY

Slow Horses back on today. Class TV. Started well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

1
Half decent tv on 03:03 - Sep 17 with 2370 viewsKiwi76

Echo Hayes on both Silo & Slow Horses.
Reacher season was daft but good fun & curious how Neagley spin off show goes as she’s been good character in previous Reacher seasons.
Furious on Disney very well acted but tough subject matter.
Will have another crack at Dark Matter on Apple but season one definitely a complicated watch - for me anyway 😀
0
Half decent tv on 13:38 - Sep 23 with 1984 viewsLogman

Anyone see the final instalment of 7 Up last night ? I imagine there are quite a few on here that have lived their lives through the same period (1964 to present). I've lived through it but last night was so bad. They could have asked so many more interesting questions about the world we live in and how the participants had been as humans. I can't believe how it lost its way so much.
[Post edited 23 Sep 13:39]
0
Half decent tv on 15:00 - Sep 23 with 1884 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Halfway through Dalliance, great so far. Review here:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv
0
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 15:26 - Sep 23 with 1856 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've started 'For all mankind' I'm on series 3 very good. (I do a couple episodes of that a couple of the Soprano's.)

I'm really enjoying the BGS space shots and the alternate history aspect. Oh yeah and major characters randomly dying.
[Post edited 23 Sep 15:27]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

0
Half decent tv on 17:34 - Sep 23 with 1779 viewsjohnhoop

The first series of the German series “The Marnow Murders” on Channel Four’s Walter Presents was excellent and the second is looking very promising as well.
0
Half decent tv on 02:44 - Sep 24 with 1616 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 20:32 - Sep 7 by Maggsinho

Colin from Accounts series three back on iPlayer today. One of the funniest, warmest comedies you’ll see.


Loved the first season, thought the second wasn't as strong.

This one started brilliantly although a couple of iffy (IMHO) episodes in the middle. Haven't watched the last ones yet but looking forward to it.
0
Half decent tv on 07:19 - Sep 24 with 1557 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Half decent tv on 02:44 - Sep 24 by SydneyRs

Loved the first season, thought the second wasn't as strong.

This one started brilliantly although a couple of iffy (IMHO) episodes in the middle. Haven't watched the last ones yet but looking forward to it.


Another vote for Colin From Accounts. Every single character in it is so bloody likeable!

Do you like Fisk, Sydney?

Aussies - and Kiwis, for that matter- do deadpan so well.

I need a SAGA. What’s the SAGA? It’s ….. Queen’s Park Rangers.

0
Half decent tv on 08:24 - Sep 24 with 1507 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 07:19 - Sep 24 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Another vote for Colin From Accounts. Every single character in it is so bloody likeable!

Do you like Fisk, Sydney?

Aussies - and Kiwis, for that matter- do deadpan so well.


Yes, Fisk is a very clever show.
1
Half decent tv on 09:12 - Sep 24 with 1474 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 20:32 - Sep 7 by Maggsinho

Colin from Accounts series three back on iPlayer today. One of the funniest, warmest comedies you’ll see.


Incredibly likeable characters, and some brilliantly written dialogue. Thought it was scraping the barrel a bit by the end of S3 though, do you think there'll be a fourth season? Felt like it had wrapped up by the end maybe
1
Half decent tv on 10:29 - Sep 24 with 1419 viewsMaggsinho

Half decent tv on 09:12 - Sep 24 by FDC

Incredibly likeable characters, and some brilliantly written dialogue. Thought it was scraping the barrel a bit by the end of S3 though, do you think there'll be a fourth season? Felt like it had wrapped up by the end maybe


They've said it was the last season, which I think is the correct decision, can't see where else it could go.
0
Half decent tv on 07:27 - Sep 25 with 1221 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 10:29 - Sep 24 by Maggsinho

They've said it was the last season, which I think is the correct decision, can't see where else it could go.


Watched the last two episodes last night, very enjoyable. Would recommend.
0
Half decent tv on 07:28 - Sep 25 with 1216 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 09:12 - Sep 24 by FDC

Incredibly likeable characters, and some brilliantly written dialogue. Thought it was scraping the barrel a bit by the end of S3 though, do you think there'll be a fourth season? Felt like it had wrapped up by the end maybe


S2 wasn't great but a superb return to form in this series I thought. Aside from a couple of "filler" episodes in the middle of the season which I think may have had different writers.
[Post edited 26 Sep 1:05]
0
Half decent tv on 17:46 - Sep 30 with 901 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Just discovered Paris Police 1900 on BBC iPlayer. Very good and three more seasons to watch. Reminds me very much of Vienna Blood which was excellent and set in the same period of History.

Poll: Julian Stepháne…stick or twist

0
Half decent tv on 18:09 - Sep 30 with 866 viewsnick_hammersmith

Half decent tv on 07:28 - Sep 25 by SydneyRs

S2 wasn't great but a superb return to form in this series I thought. Aside from a couple of "filler" episodes in the middle of the season which I think may have had different writers.
[Post edited 26 Sep 1:05]


I saw one of those The Rest is... podcasts where Richard explains this phenomenon.

I've never really understood it myself. I think the analogy was that a show like Friends might do two episodes in England, which cost $$$ and the trade off is that another episode might become a clip show.

So, I can see how location and set pieces have a big impact on the cost, but I don't get how being less funny is cheaper, is it just less writers?!
0
Half decent tv on 09:24 - Oct 3 with 534 viewsMrSheen

I watched the first episode of War (Sky/Now) with Mrs S last night. In the style of Beef, it’s a satire on modern behaviour, an increasingly farcical battle of wills between two deeply dislikable characters. The problem is for all the budget and ingenuity, it doesn’t have much to say and the writing and characters (with one exception) are paper thin and boring. Maybe later episodes might overturn my expectations, but while Succession was funny and sharp enough to be entertaining, this is plodding. Dominic West brings all the subtle insight and depth he displayed in his Nationwide ads, it’s incredible to think he was Jimmy McNulty.
0
Half decent tv on 11:34 - Oct 5 with 237 viewsSuperhoops2808

Half decent tv on 15:26 - Sep 23 by Metallica_Hoop

I've started 'For all mankind' I'm on series 3 very good. (I do a couple episodes of that a couple of the Soprano's.)

I'm really enjoying the BGS space shots and the alternate history aspect. Oh yeah and major characters randomly dying.
[Post edited 23 Sep 15:27]


I said a few months ago about 'For All Mankind' It really is great. Worth watching the spin off too... Star City
0
Half decent tv on 11:36 - Oct 5 with 223 viewsSuperhoops2808

Half decent tv on 09:24 - Oct 3 by MrSheen

I watched the first episode of War (Sky/Now) with Mrs S last night. In the style of Beef, it’s a satire on modern behaviour, an increasingly farcical battle of wills between two deeply dislikable characters. The problem is for all the budget and ingenuity, it doesn’t have much to say and the writing and characters (with one exception) are paper thin and boring. Maybe later episodes might overturn my expectations, but while Succession was funny and sharp enough to be entertaining, this is plodding. Dominic West brings all the subtle insight and depth he displayed in his Nationwide ads, it’s incredible to think he was Jimmy McNulty.


Dominic West was in The Affair wasn't he? He was very good in that
0
Half decent tv on 11:42 - Oct 5 with 213 viewsSuperhoops2808

Has anyone been watching 'Lioness' on Paramount. This is superb TV and how it is hidden away on paramount is beyond me.

Has Nicole Kidman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Kelly in as well as the incredibly sexy Zoe Saldana - Season 3 has not long been out so if you like a binge, it is properly worth it.
0
Half decent tv on 12:43 - Oct 5 with 122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 11:42 - Oct 5 by Superhoops2808

Has anyone been watching 'Lioness' on Paramount. This is superb TV and how it is hidden away on paramount is beyond me.

Has Nicole Kidman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Kelly in as well as the incredibly sexy Zoe Saldana - Season 3 has not long been out so if you like a binge, it is properly worth it.


Must look that up, thanks for the recc.

I like spy stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

0
Half decent tv on 12:52 - Oct 5 with 106 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Half decent tv on 19:39 - Sep 7 by Superhoops2808

Cant wait for my nights to start on Thursday - Binge watching the 2nd season of The Gentlemen - I absolutely loved the first season - And if you have not watched Season 1 yet I highly recommend it


Season 2 of The Gentlemen was superb.

Also by Guy Ritchie, Mobland Season 2 on Paramount+ has started off very strong. The new character played by Johnny Flynn is the perfect foil to Tom Hardy's Harry.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026