Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread Lincoln 19:23 - Jan 9 with 20868 viewsboromat

All anyone really cares about is what is the record for difference between oldest and youngest person in the team and do we break it if BBM comes on while Adshead is on the pitch 😂

[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 19:27]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread Lincoln on 22:32 - Jan 9 with 3240 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread Lincoln on 22:30 - Jan 9 by 1907

442 I always respect your posts and regard you as one of the best posters on here.

Couldn’t agree more that the pitch is a major issue, the bigger issue tonight was Keith was totally out thought, yet again, by the opposition.

I’ve walked out of that game more angry than any other game this season.

Clueless management, no heart from any player bar Mcgahey, no style of play, players pullingnout of tackles, in thirty years this is as bad as we have been at any level.

Even when we were garbage we scored goals!

We are incapable of playing the game. Something major has to happen and it has to happen sharpish or Hill won’t just be taking us to League Two, after what I’ve witnessed tonight he could be taking us out of the league!

Tbf I thought Cannon showed a lot of commitment, quality and endeavour which makes you once again question why he hasn't featured for much of the season..
Match thread Lincoln on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 3199 views1907

Match thread Lincoln on 22:32 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

Tbf I thought Cannon showed a lot of commitment, quality and endeavour which makes you once again question why he hasn't featured for much of the season..

Couldn’t agree more. But why would you go four at the back, move Cannon who has just been booked to full back and take Raff off? The whole situation was bizarre and ultimately cost us the game. Shocking management.
Match thread Lincoln on 22:37 - Jan 9 with 3177 views442Dale

442 I always respect your posts and regard you as one of the best posters on here.

Couldn’t agree more that the pitch is a major issue, the bigger issue tonight was Keith was totally out thought, yet again, by the opposition.

Clueless management, no heart from any player bar Mcgahey, no style of play, players pullingnout of tackles, in thirty years this is as bad as we have been at any level.

We are incapable of playing the game. Something major has to happen and it has to happen sharpish or Hill won’t just be taking us to League Two, after what I’ve witnessed tonight he could be taking us out of the league!

We were very poor and I couldn't understand why the formation was changed to a 3-4-3 with Inman and Cannon wide of Andrew. The front two worked in the wingback system as it occupies defenders.

Inman offered little and Kitching was playing on his own in midfield as it was a game too far for Adshead and we were a man light in there. Don't get that at all, stick to something.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread Lincoln on 22:39 - Jan 9 with 3162 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread Lincoln on 22:36 - Jan 9 by 1907

Couldn’t agree more. But why would you go four at the back, move Cannon who has just been booked to full back and take Raff off? The whole situation was bizarre and ultimately cost us the game. Shocking management.

No idea. The formation was a real surprise in itself. It's almost as if KH likes to change it around after a good performance and result....Pboro (H) and Donny (A) immediately spring to mind
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 22:40]
Match thread Lincoln on 22:40 - Jan 9 with 3153 viewsPotterDale

Match thread Lincoln on 21:35 - Jan 9 by DaleFan7

People can blame the pitch all they want. We've been completely out footballed and our fought by a league two team. An embarrassing performance.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 21:35]

Totally dismayed.
Match thread Lincoln on 22:45 - Jan 9 with 3103 viewsCreepy

Match thread Lincoln on 22:28 - Jan 9 by DaleFan7

As someone else has said. We've played hoof ball up to Andrew all season regardless of the condition of the pitch.

It's an awful surface but it's also a readymade excuse now.

First time I've been up for a while but a few observations.

First half, thought there was some nice football and we tried to play but there never really looked like being an end result apart from one cross that flashed across the six yard box.

Second half was like this. I like playing golf but don't like playing in the rain. I don't practice playing in the rain so when I'm playing and it starts to rain, I don't play very well, get frustrated and give up. That's how it seemed to me with the players, the manager and the state of the pitch. For all they try to play football, you just can't on that pitch and in the end they just seemed to throw the towel in. What they have to do though is to find a way to win games on it. Maybe we get two battering rams up front on loan until the end of the season and just launch it up to them !

There just seems to be a spark missing at the moment but hard to pin down exactly what it is.
Match thread Lincoln on 22:58 - Jan 9 with 2998 viewsdingdangblue

*OVERREACTION ALERT!!*

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread Lincoln on 22:59 - Jan 9 with 2982 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread Lincoln on 22:04 - Jan 9 by Daley_Lama

Game was a nothing affair until about 70 mins when Calvin went off.

After that it was one way traffic and the two are closely related.

We couldn’t pass our way out from the back - too bobbly
We couldn’t play the ball through/over - too slow
We couldn’t play the ball up to anybody to hold up - too weak.

The goal came from a Lillis kick out to the RW. Williams lost the header comfortably, they broke and Cannon missed his tackle (already on a yellow) and a decent cross was converted.

We had a very similiar chance in the first half which went all the way across for a throw in.

Overall no complaints on the result, good luck Lincoln.

Our options without Calvin are limited however as seen for 20 mins at Donny (leavue) and 20 mins to ight.

Pass the coton wool!

How have we become so reliant on Calvin Andrew? When did the variety in our play diminish to the extent that we now seemingly cannot function without him? If it’s by design then we really are well and truly fooked.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 23:04]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread Lincoln on 23:00 - Jan 9 with 2979 viewsrobtheb

Match thread Lincoln on 22:12 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

Totally agree. It is the worst pitch I've seen at Spotland in decades, rolled mud is preferable to that disaster. Putting the sand on it has made it worse as it is too dry and bobbles everywhere, even when players think they're on a bit of grass.

If Hornets are on it this week it'll disintegrate further, not that it's their fault, but this situation needs addressing. God knows what we can do short of relaying it again for four months, but to ignore it and hope will put our chances of staying up in serious jeopardy. This isn't an over-dramatic post after a defeat, it's really that bad.

Hornets play tomorrow in the Law Cup and a warm up game on Saturday. We are home on the 20th and Hornets have another warm up game on 21st.

With rain forecast from this Friday and almost every day next week, with some frost thrown in, it's not looking good for our poor pitch.

It looked ok tonight with the sand on until we started playing then the dollops of mud appeared.

Our ground staff have got some work to do over the next week or so...good luck to them, they are doing their best.

Then along come Wigan!
Match thread Lincoln on 23:15 - Jan 9 with 2856 viewsboromat

Game of two halves. We should have had it won after 45 mins. Later on the pitch became unplayable. Bunney went down at one point and I thought his ankle had gone.

Inman doesn't look interested he had the odd nice touch but for me he's not a 'Keith Hill' player he doesn't chase, press or work tirelessly for the team. A few times if he hadn't given up early or made the run he would have caused problems especially on that pitch.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread Lincoln on 23:25 - Jan 9 with 2791 viewsD_Alien

Match thread Lincoln on 22:15 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

In other news news I've just seen Steve Davies and their No 9 in Dallas Fried Chicken sharing a bucket...

They're both growing lads, but surely cannibalism is a step too far?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread Lincoln on 23:29 - Jan 9 with 2769 viewsupthedale2403

Tonight was horrendous, some of them players need to take a long hard look at themselves, never mind the pitch effort desire passion and fight can be expressed on any surface and tonight I didn’t see that! Pulling out of tackles not closing down they didn’t want it Lincoln did that’s why we got beat.
Match thread Lincoln on 23:33 - Jan 9 with 2747 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread Lincoln on 23:25 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

They're both growing lads, but surely cannibalism is a step too far?

Tbf, both of em looked like they were about to kick it (and miss)
Match thread Lincoln on 23:36 - Jan 9 with 2731 viewsD_Alien

Match thread Lincoln on 23:33 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

Tbf, both of em looked like they were about to kick it (and miss)

Miss kicking the bucket?

Maybe they were playing Survival of the Fattest

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread Lincoln on 23:40 - Jan 9 with 2704 viewsJimmyRustler

I think that one would end in a score draw
Match thread Lincoln on 23:44 - Jan 9 with 2694 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread Lincoln on 23:40 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

I think that one would end in a score draw

Davies would retire with some sort of stomach injury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread Lincoln on 23:49 - Jan 9 with 2674 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread Lincoln on 22:59 - Jan 9 by BigDaveMyCock

How have we become so reliant on Calvin Andrew? When did the variety in our play diminish to the extent that we now seemingly cannot function without him? If it’s by design then we really are well and truly fooked.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 23:04]

When we lost NML, Lund and Jamie Allen.

Teams are now dominating us in midfield, pushing us collectively back and oft our outlet is the hoof up front.

Unfortunately as seen in many recent games, without Calvin there to challenge, the ball comes back in spades.

Our strength of the past few years has been an excellent midfield. That is gone, the threat out wide is gone. The team as a whole is suffering at both ends because of this.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread Lincoln on 00:03 - Jan 10 with 2639 viewsShun

There was a brief mention on here (maybe from Col?) about taking legal action against the company who fitted the pitch last year, on the basis that we were assured it would last us till summer 2018 and, clearly, they're over 6 months short of that. I wonder how viable that is. Of course, it doesn't help us for the rest of the season. What a mess.
Match thread Lincoln on 11:23 - Jan 10 with 2092 viewsDorsetDale

Match thread Lincoln on 23:15 - Jan 9 by boromat

Game of two halves. We should have had it won after 45 mins. Later on the pitch became unplayable. Bunney went down at one point and I thought his ankle had gone.

Inman doesn't look interested he had the odd nice touch but for me he's not a 'Keith Hill' player he doesn't chase, press or work tirelessly for the team. A few times if he hadn't given up early or made the run he would have caused problems especially on that pitch.

Kitching had the ball in midfield with plenty of space and time to find a pass. Bunney saw this and set off on a run, only for kitching to send the ball 3 yards behind, causing Bunney to have to try to turn and retrieve which is why he went down having got stuck in the mud!
Yes the pitch is a mess but far too many simple passes were not accurate which saw us time and again lose momentum. Worse than that, far too many simple passes went straight to the opposition. Conditions did not account for most of those mistakes.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Match thread Lincoln on 11:28 - Jan 10 with 2071 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread Lincoln on 11:23 - Jan 10 by DorsetDale

Kitching had the ball in midfield with plenty of space and time to find a pass. Bunney saw this and set off on a run, only for kitching to send the ball 3 yards behind, causing Bunney to have to try to turn and retrieve which is why he went down having got stuck in the mud!
Yes the pitch is a mess but far too many simple passes were not accurate which saw us time and again lose momentum. Worse than that, far too many simple passes went straight to the opposition. Conditions did not account for most of those mistakes.

Pitch was poor for both teams........we use it more and should have adapted to it better.

Take the point that League 2 pitches can also be more of a challenge....we'll see next season.
Match thread Lincoln on 11:39 - Jan 10 with 2027 views442Dale

Match thread Lincoln on 11:28 - Jan 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Pitch was poor for both teams........we use it more and should have adapted to it better.

Take the point that League 2 pitches can also be more of a challenge....we'll see next season.

We hadn't used it more. Last night was like playing on a completely different surface to the last home game. It was bad enough then, yesterday it was so much worse.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread Lincoln on 12:04 - Jan 10 with 1992 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread Lincoln on 11:39 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

We hadn't used it more. Last night was like playing on a completely different surface to the last home game. It was bad enough then, yesterday it was so much worse.

We haven't played proper football all season, most of our football is hoofing it to Andrew and hoping somebody gets on the end of the header.

If we had been playing a reasonable passing game for most of the season then I could see an excuse in the pitch. The fact is, we haven't been able to string 2 passes together all season and have reverted to long balls. Our play and tactics are the main problem. Granted the pitch may contribute slightly, but it certainly shouldn't mask our deficiencies and be a ready made excuse for the rest of the season.
Match thread Lincoln on 13:04 - Jan 10 with 1841 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread Lincoln on 23:49 - Jan 9 by Daley_Lama

When we lost NML, Lund and Jamie Allen.

Teams are now dominating us in midfield, pushing us collectively back and oft our outlet is the hoof up front.

Unfortunately as seen in many recent games, without Calvin there to challenge, the ball comes back in spades.

Our strength of the past few years has been an excellent midfield. That is gone, the threat out wide is gone. The team as a whole is suffering at both ends because of this.

Depressing. I just hope we try to urgently address the lack of variety in our play rather than think, as playing hoof ball to Calvin is providing some form of return, let’s continue with that.
It becomes circular. You bypass midfield and the worse they get. I always thought Jamie Allen suffered massively when we went direct rather than playing through him. Rathbone seems to be suffering the same. Resorting to a role of ball chasing caused ultimately by a lack of possession. If that’s what we want from midfield then we may as well re-sign Tutte and have done with it.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 13:13]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread Lincoln on 13:05 - Jan 10 with 1836 viewssweetcorn

Match thread Lincoln on 22:58 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

*OVERREACTION ALERT!!*

Is that post an overreaction though? I have no doubt that this team would struggle in league two as well as this league.

We are poor throughout the team, non-existent midfield and our main striker chips in with 3 goals a season.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread Lincoln on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 1811 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread Lincoln on 22:58 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

*OVERREACTION ALERT!!*

Its not an overreaction, we were comfortably beaten by a league two team. Your notion of a planned relegation and subsequent bounce back into league one would not work with this team. I cant think of one player in this squad who would get into a Steve Parkin team, Jon Boardman was better then McNulty. We are shite and in a shocking state of affairs. Why you keep trying to downplay it I don't know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024