Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game Off 12:25 - Jan 20 with 24214 viewsDaley_Lama

Waterlogged pitch

Poll: DF in or out

Game Off on 14:28 - Jan 20 with 2432 viewsTVOS1907

Game Off on 14:06 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Wagg on GMR said he was there when the ref called the game off, he used the phrase “not a chance”

Surely he said "Not a chance, matey"

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game Off on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 2424 viewsSalwaDale

Game Off on 14:26 - Jan 20 by ChaffRAFC

This post has been edited by an administrator

That looks pretty horrendous. I hate football.

TBBT

Game Off on 14:34 - Jan 20 with 2393 viewsDaleiLama

Game Off on 14:21 - Jan 20 by nordenblue

You do understand you've just used the words "club" and "pro-active" in the same phrase..... a massive massive mistake.....they somehow managed to miss an open net with the ball placed firmly on the goal line this season,prepare yourself for more of the same spectacular fookups....

#teamrochdale

Yes, in hindsight, slightly optimistic on my part. But surely they've got this covered?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game Off on 14:36 - Jan 20 with 2387 viewsDaleiLama

OMFG

Game Off on 14:40 - Jan 20 with 2349 viewsKenBoon

Game Off on 14:28 - Jan 20 by TVOS1907

Surely he said "Not a chance, matey"

"These things are sent to try us".
Game Off on 14:40 - Jan 20 with 2349 viewsDale23years

What the fcuk is that ?????

Surely the club has got to come out and explain how the fcuk this as happened.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Game Off on 14:40 - Jan 20 with 2345 viewsR17ALE

It's not been wet enough for it to look that bad!

And it's supposedly had covers on for the last few days. A crisis indeed.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Game Off on 14:41 - Jan 20 with 2344 viewsrobtheb

Game Off on 13:44 - Jan 20 by meeee

Just seen pictures of the Accrington pitch and it’s like a bowling green, surely the weather hasn’t been that different to ours. Maybe we should ask them for tips
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 14:55]

I was working over in Accrington for most of yesterday. The weather was much the same as here today, sleet/rain on and off all day and quite heavy at times.

Regarding our pitch, without being an expert, I have some knowledge of how grass on a playing surface works.

It depends when the covers went on after the Hornets game last Saturday. Was it immediately or was there work done before? Either way if you put covers down on a wet surface it will never dry out unless there is some sunlight and wind....something we have not had much of this week. Would it have been better to leave the covers off and deep spike it during the week...I'm not sure.

Possible saving grace is that after tomorrow there is some better weather on the way next week, which should give the pitch time to dry out, but in my opinion...no more sand please!
Login to get fewer ads

Game Off on 14:41 - Jan 20 with 2340 viewsKenBoon

Game Off on 14:36 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

OMFG

The last game I was at, the only decent parts of the pitch were the goal mouths. That's just a ******* mess.
Game Off on 14:42 - Jan 20 with 2332 views1mark1

Game Off on 14:25 - Jan 20 by Walboro

The sooner we move to an new purpose built stadium on kingsway a better modern ground with up to date pitch and facilities we are putting round pegs in square holes on and off the pitch and over a length of time you can only polish a turd for so long yes we will loose the nostalgia but take the hit now before it's too late as we are throwing money away every year.

Wouldn’t work, as Kingsway site suffers from boggy ground.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Game Off on 14:43 - Jan 20 with 2315 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Game Off on 14:28 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Christ.

He could walk on water, apparently.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Game Off on 14:44 - Jan 20 with 2308 views442Dale

Game Off on 14:42 - Jan 20 by 1mark1

Wouldn’t work, as Kingsway site suffers from boggy ground.

Stick some covers on, remove them before games, say it's rained a bit, call it off, take no responsibility.

Next problem.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game Off on 14:48 - Jan 20 with 2266 viewsDale23years

Game Off on 14:44 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Stick some covers on, remove them before games, say it's rained a bit, call it off, take no responsibility.

Next problem.

I hope the trust are pushing the directors for answers, as well as a statement explaining how/why this has happened,

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Game Off on 14:52 - Jan 20 with 2226 views442Dale

Game Off on 14:48 - Jan 20 by Dale23years

I hope the trust are pushing the directors for answers, as well as a statement explaining how/why this has happened,

As mentioned earlier, the state of the pitch was one of the questions sent to the Trust to be asked at their meeting with the club.

The club themselves have a responsibility to produce something ahead of that meeting or any further request for an explanation though, they should WANT to be doing that for their supporters.

I fully expect that to happen.

Game Off on 15:01 - Jan 20 with 2151 viewsrochdaleriddler

Game Off on 14:10 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

One of the biggest problems last season was that it never seemed right from the start. It crumbled in pre-season after slide tackles near the Sandy. No expert, but it didn’t appear to be a solid structure.

Exactly, can't blame the groundsman for that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Game Off on 15:02 - Jan 20 with 2139 viewsKenBoon

With regard to covers that protect the pitch from rain. Aren't they supposed to blow up like a big dome? The ones in the pictures i've seen are just flat plastic, which would mess up the already soaked pitch below?
Game Off on 15:04 - Jan 20 with 2122 viewsmeeee

Game Off on 15:02 - Jan 20 by KenBoon

With regard to covers that protect the pitch from rain. Aren't they supposed to blow up like a big dome? The ones in the pictures i've seen are just flat plastic, which would mess up the already soaked pitch below?

I think the dome covers were just a one off given to us by BT to get the Stoke game on if I remember correctly. The usual covers we use are the flat plastic ones
Game Off on 15:06 - Jan 20 with 2100 viewsrobtheb

Game Off on 14:41 - Jan 20 by robtheb

I was working over in Accrington for most of yesterday. The weather was much the same as here today, sleet/rain on and off all day and quite heavy at times.

Regarding our pitch, without being an expert, I have some knowledge of how grass on a playing surface works.

It depends when the covers went on after the Hornets game last Saturday. Was it immediately or was there work done before? Either way if you put covers down on a wet surface it will never dry out unless there is some sunlight and wind....something we have not had much of this week. Would it have been better to leave the covers off and deep spike it during the week...I'm not sure.

Possible saving grace is that after tomorrow there is some better weather on the way next week, which should give the pitch time to dry out, but in my opinion...no more sand please!

Just seen the photo of the pitch......disregard my last paragraph!
Game Off on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 2093 viewsKenBoon

Game Off on 15:04 - Jan 20 by meeee

I think the dome covers were just a one off given to us by BT to get the Stoke game on if I remember correctly. The usual covers we use are the flat plastic ones

Yes they were. But the club said they'd bought rain covers, when it looks like they just bought some plastic sheets.
Game Off on 15:08 - Jan 20 with 2079 viewsBigKindo

Game Off on 14:28 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Christ.

Who apparently walked on water. Sign him up.
Game Off on 15:10 - Jan 20 with 2073 views442Dale

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2018/january/rochdale-game-postponed/

Picture of the full pitch on the story on Southend's site. It's staggeringly bad going off that.

Note their apologies to supporters too.

Game Off on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 2051 viewsDaleiLama

Game Off on 14:43 - Jan 20 by foreverhopefulDale

He could walk on water, apparently.

I think even JC would go A over T on that.

Game Off on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 2050 viewsTVOS1907

Game Off on 15:10 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Picture of the full pitch on the story on Southend's site. It's staggeringly bad going off that.

Is that picture definitely from today? if so, why are the rugby lines still so prominent?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game Off on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 2042 viewsmeeee

Game Off on 15:07 - Jan 20 by KenBoon

Yes they were. But the club said they'd bought rain covers, when it looks like they just bought some plastic sheets.

Oh fair enough, I had no idea they invested in rain covers. On the picture I saw this morning it just looked like a plastic sheet covering the pitch
Game Off on 15:14 - Jan 20 with 2025 viewsrochdaleriddler

Game Off on 15:10 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

That would have looked like that yesterday, if anyone had bothered to look

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024