Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game Off 12:25 - Jan 20 with 24352 viewsDaley_Lama

Waterlogged pitch

Poll: DF in or out

Game Off on 22:36 - Jan 20 with 2865 viewsmacro

Complaining about the pitch now is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.
As soon as it was realised (very quickly I would hope) that a turf based pitch was relaid the club should have acted. It was obvious that this was going to be the end result. Dale need to do a Newport county and survive playing on a quagmire.
Game Off on 00:06 - Jan 21 with 2743 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Game Off on 15:50 - Jan 20 by joecooke

Even Accrington got their game on,really not good enough .

Good on them and won too......next season Accy could be playing Sunderland in L1....we might be turning up at Crawley or Yeovil. Yipeee.
Game Off on 02:10 - Jan 21 with 2687 viewsDiddyDave

Game Off on 21:53 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

In the 12 months from Nov 2016 to Nov 2017 Rochdale had 3.9 feet of Rain and the sun shone on just 72 days. During the "summer" when the pitch should have been putting down a good root system (May to August) there were just 12 days when the sun shone. Clearly growing a suitable pitch in Rochdale is a difficult proposition.

So what`s wrong with an artificial pitch then? Didn`t Oldham have one? Do they still? I think Slough had one and we won four nowt on that. Lancashire as a whole has not,and never has had Club Med sunshine,so the likelihood of us ever getting a decent pitch again would be somewhat remote. Even digging it all up right down to the drains would probably take longer than a three month close season to get finished.
Bloody hell,what an awful season,can`t blame Hornets,Donald Trump or anybody else for this,it`s a continual nightmare.
Game Off on 02:32 - Jan 21 with 2683 viewskiwidale

Game Off on 21:12 - Jan 20 by D_Alien

I think most people who were intending to go to the COA today will have gathered it's been called off - which was the purpose of the pinning

But kb, let me give you my most abject apologies (hey, kiwi ) and please feel free to resume the wringing of hands. Now, what did you have to say that I was stopping you from saying?

Ah! my dear D_A I knew one day you would accept that I am right sometimes? occasionally? every now and again? however there is a big difference between an apology not that you have anything to apologise for and saying I am wrong ... Now to be serious for a minute can we agree we are in a right mess? I for one cannot offer a solution I can only like Ken, have a good old moan about it. I enjoy moaning as we leafy types do.

BTW was that pic that BFC11 posted really you? its just how I imagined you.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 2:50]

This is not the time for bickering.

Game Off on 02:40 - Jan 21 with 2678 viewsDiddyDave

Game Off on 02:10 - Jan 21 by DiddyDave

So what`s wrong with an artificial pitch then? Didn`t Oldham have one? Do they still? I think Slough had one and we won four nowt on that. Lancashire as a whole has not,and never has had Club Med sunshine,so the likelihood of us ever getting a decent pitch again would be somewhat remote. Even digging it all up right down to the drains would probably take longer than a three month close season to get finished.
Bloody hell,what an awful season,can`t blame Hornets,Donald Trump or anybody else for this,it`s a continual nightmare.

Ah,just seen the other thread that "4g" grounds (artificial?) aren`t allowed in the Football League and as a few have pointed out,would be completely out of the question moneywise anyway. We have a bit of a problem then?
Game Off on 02:47 - Jan 21 with 2677 viewskiwidale

Its always Trumps fault do you not listen to CNN?

Game Off on 02:59 - Jan 21 with 2673 viewskiwidale

Game Off on 21:53 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

In the 12 months from Nov 2016 to Nov 2017 Rochdale had 3.9 feet of Rain and the sun shone on just 72 days. During the "summer" when the pitch should have been putting down a good root system (May to August) there were just 12 days when the sun shone. Clearly growing a suitable pitch in Rochdale is a difficult proposition.

What a load of bollocks 49th Rochdale has never had 72 days of sun since the first world war, 12 days of sun? your fooking dreaming... yes Ive had a few blackcurrant cider and Peroni mix I find it takes the pain away, its the way forward.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 3:01]

Game Off on 07:35 - Jan 21 with 2589 viewsTVOS1907

Game Off on 00:06 - Jan 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good on them and won too......next season Accy could be playing Sunderland in L1....we might be turning up at Crawley or Yeovil. Yipeee.

You’ll have to introduce yourself.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Game Off on 07:37 - Jan 21 with 2586 viewsTVOS1907

Artificial pitches aren’t allowed above National League level.

Game Off on 09:20 - Jan 21 with 2476 viewsnordenblue

Game Off on 07:37 - Jan 21 by TVOS1907

Artificial pitches aren’t allowed above National League level.

You can say that again....
Game Off on 09:24 - Jan 21 with 2463 viewsDaleiLama

Game Off on 09:20 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

I think it was an echo from yesterday's empty stadium?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game Off on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 2367 viewsD_Alien

Game Off on 02:32 - Jan 21 by kiwidale

Ah! my dear D_A I knew one day you would accept that I am right sometimes? occasionally? every now and again? however there is a big difference between an apology not that you have anything to apologise for and saying I am wrong ... Now to be serious for a minute can we agree we are in a right mess? I for one cannot offer a solution I can only like Ken, have a good old moan about it. I enjoy moaning as we leafy types do.

BTW was that pic that BFC11 posted really you? its just how I imagined you.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 2:50]

No

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game Off on 12:57 - Jan 21 with 2298 viewsTVOS1907

Game Off on 09:20 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

Looks like I’ll have to.

Game Off on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 2209 viewsDale23years

Still waiting. Over 24 hours and still no explanation and apology.

The club is rotten to the core

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Game Off on 13:34 - Jan 22 with 2001 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm hearing bad things about the pitch. It's not going to be put right easily or cheaply.
Game Off on 14:49 - Jan 22 with 1856 viewsKenBoon

Game Off on 13:34 - Jan 22 by mingthemerciless

I'm hearing bad things about the pitch. It's not going to be put right easily or cheaply.

Not surprising. Can you explain more of what you'e heard?
Game Off on 15:06 - Jan 22 with 1824 viewselectricblue

Going off those figures then the issues is how compacted is the top 12/18inches and how bad are the drains..
Even my lawn which is not a joy to behold drains better than that mire at spotland.....

Now there is a sports club that i heard about in the area agoid few years ago 2ho got fed up of postponements etc and decided to look into it..
They got funding to improve there playing surface etc..
What they did was to have the drainage done and then a huge layer of thick layer of sea weed and then it was built up on top to be reseeded...
The seaweed soaks up excessive moisture by drawing it down away from the surface....
You do get areas of standing water but it soon vanishes...

Cant remember the sports club though i will ask around....
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 16:24]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Game Off on 15:14 - Jan 22 with 1806 viewselectricblue

Perhaps the Dale board need to contact the guyss in the link below and give it a go...

http://www.terrainaeration.co.uk/2016/09/deep-penetration-aeration-the-waterlogg

Game Off on 15:19 - Jan 22 with 1783 viewselectricblue

The pitch as not even lasted 12mths....

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/february/pitch-update-contractors-start-
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 16:23]

Game Off on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 1756 viewsDaleiLama

Game Off on 15:19 - Jan 22 by electricblue

The pitch as not even lasted 12mths....

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/february/pitch-update-contractors-start-
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 16:23]

Looking at the datestamp on that article, think that job qualifies as a Valentine's day massacre.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game Off on 16:25 - Jan 22 with 1664 viewselectricblue

Game Off on 22:11 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

I know global warming is producing warmer air which can carry more water but Rochdale has never exactly been a sun trap even going back to when we were kids (summer of 76 excepted)

Didnt spotland once had snow on the pitch in may or was it June....

Game Off on 16:42 - Jan 22 with 1630 viewsaleanddale

Scary how quickly the playing surface deteriorated.

goodness knows how we will get any playing surface with grass on until mid March!

Horrible situation. One game of Rugby on it and we are in big trouble.
Game Off on 16:53 - Jan 22 with 1586 viewsmingthemerciless

Game Off on 14:49 - Jan 22 by KenBoon

Not surprising. Can you explain more of what you'e heard?

Sorry no, but it's pretty worrying. From what I understand the sand that was recently spread onto the pitch is preventing the water from draining away.
Game Off on 17:10 - Jan 22 with 1552 viewsDale23years

Game Off on 16:53 - Jan 22 by mingthemerciless

Sorry no, but it's pretty worrying. From what I understand the sand that was recently spread onto the pitch is preventing the water from draining away.

Did he say why the sand was spread onto the pitch, bearing in mind the same thing happened couple of years ago

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Game Off on 17:19 - Jan 22 with 1530 viewsmacro

Game Off on 14:03 - Jan 21 by Dale23years

Still waiting. Over 24 hours and still no explanation and apology.

The club is rotten to the core

Why?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024