Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pitch 19:59 - Jan 22 with 51266 viewskiwidale

This time last year a decision was made to dig up the pitch and lay a new one it seemed at the time a bold move but a proactive one. Today its becoming apparent the pitch is a write off or is it? no communication from the club leads to speculation. Ive only seen the pics you have seen it close up so is it worse than last year? is it worse than it looks or better than it seems? will it be played on again?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 20:01]

This is not the time for bickering.

The Pitch on 11:56 - Jan 24 with 4216 viewsBrierls

The Pitch on 11:48 - Jan 24 by aleanddale

How on earth do you put that right?

I have no idea.

Said the groundsman.
The Pitch on 12:12 - Jan 24 with 4165 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitch on 11:47 - Jan 24 by mingthemerciless

Latest message on the Jungle Drums is that consideration is being given to approaching Lancashire Cricket Club with a view to borrowing the equipment they use to suck up water from the cricket square at Old Trafford.

Will be a bit awkward playing around it if we get a downpour during a game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Pitch on 12:18 - Jan 24 with 4142 viewsdeeplishblue

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

The Pitch on 12:29 - Jan 24 with 4106 viewsKenBoon

The Pitch on 11:27 - Jan 24 by SandyDrum

My gosh. Has it been raining hard or is it just, to use a technical term, fooked? Last year when they relaid it the pitch was still awful for most of the season until it'd started growing again... but obviously better than it was.
The Pitch on 12:32 - Jan 24 with 4095 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe we could sign these guys?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

The Pitch on 12:38 - Jan 24 with 4063 viewsmingthemerciless

The Pitch on 12:29 - Jan 24 by KenBoon

My gosh. Has it been raining hard or is it just, to use a technical term, fooked? Last year when they relaid it the pitch was still awful for most of the season until it'd started growing again... but obviously better than it was.

I think both. At least it's stopped now.
The Pitchl on 12:41 - Jan 24 with 4048 viewsJimmyRustler

Latest message on the Jungle Drums is that consideration is being given to approaching Lancashire Cricket Club with a view to borrowing the equipment they use to suck up water from the cricket square at Old Trafford.

That might just be the worst 'solution' I've ever heard
The Pitchl on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 3988 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitchl on 12:41 - Jan 24 by JimmyRustler

That might just be the worst 'solution' I've ever heard

Other than 'borrowing' another ground for the remaining home games/or for 6 weeks whilst they lay new drains and a new pitch - I really don't see any solution. The work needs doing in the summer so bring it forward 5 months. Not sure how we would stand with Hornets though?

Login to get fewer ads

The Pitch on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 3987 viewselectricblue

Get on the message boards asking for supporters to bring their wellies and their garden forks.......

And get it forked....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Pitch on 12:54 - Jan 24 with 3965 viewsMolly

The Pitch on 12:52 - Jan 24 by electricblue

Get on the message boards asking for supporters to bring their wellies and their garden forks.......

And get it forked....

Thought it was already forked .
The Pitch on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 3929 viewsDaleiLama

Put a couple of dozen koi carp down and see how long it takes them to drink it?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Pitch on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 3927 views100569

The Pitch on 12:52 - Jan 24 by electricblue

And get it forked....

It`s " forked" already, unfortunately. That picture is horrifying. The football club and groundsman should be totally ashamed that that has been allowed to happen. It`s beyond belief and makes us a laughing stock.
The Pitch on 12:58 - Jan 24 with 3927 viewselectricblue

The Pitch on 12:54 - Jan 24 by Molly

Thought it was already forked .

When was that........

The Pitch on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 3892 viewsmingthemerciless

I went to the Rugby League Cup Final up in Edinburgh a few years ago. The river that runs past Murrayfield burst it's banks after period of torrential rain and flooded the pitch to a depth of about 2 feet on the Wednesday before the game !

There were photos in Thursday's papers of the groundsman rowing a row boat to get from one end of the pitch to the other. I thought " Bloody Hell , there's no chance of that going ahead then ".

Amazingly the game went ahead on the Saturday. The pitch was heavy but perfectly playable.
The Pitch on 13:14 - Jan 24 with 3849 viewsToffeemanc

The Pitch on 13:03 - Jan 24 by mingthemerciless

I went to the Rugby League Cup Final up in Edinburgh a few years ago. The river that runs past Murrayfield burst it's banks after period of torrential rain and flooded the pitch to a depth of about 2 feet on the Wednesday before the game !

There were photos in Thursday's papers of the groundsman rowing a row boat to get from one end of the pitch to the other. I thought " Bloody Hell , there's no chance of that going ahead then ".

Amazingly the game went ahead on the Saturday. The pitch was heavy but perfectly playable.

To be fair Hornets would probably still play on that if it was drained a little.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The Pitch on 13:43 - Jan 24 with 3757 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitch on 13:03 - Jan 24 by mingthemerciless

It'd be a bit of a trek playing our remaining home games at Murrayfield though.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 15:29]

The Pitch on 15:07 - Jan 24 with 3632 viewsRAFC_1990

Just seen Oli Makin going into the ground as I was getting my Millwall ticket!

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

The Pitch on 15:08 - Jan 24 with 3628 viewselectricblue

Hope he as a life boat just in case.....

The Pitch on 15:16 - Jan 24 with 3607 viewsToffeemanc

The Pitch on 15:07 - Jan 24 by RAFC_1990

Spend the Hogan money on getting him signed up for next season !

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The Pitch on 17:47 - Jan 24 with 3460 viewsShun

The Pitch on 15:07 - Jan 24 by RAFC_1990

Praise be to Poseidon!
The Pitch on 18:41 - Jan 24 with 3350 viewsNinco

I think if we can't play on it, Hornets shouldn't play on it either. I know rugby players will play on anything, but it's just going to delay any progress if games are played on it. As owners, Dale should have some authority to say when Hornets can and can't play on it.
The Pitch on 19:01 - Jan 24 with 3295 viewsmingthemerciless

There'd be a question of compensation then.
The Pitch on 19:03 - Jan 24 with 3289 viewselectricblue

The Pitch on 19:01 - Jan 24 by mingthemerciless

There'd be a question of compensation then.

Or
Tell them to sort it......
Rather have it sorted than try n get compo...

The Pitch on 20:58 - Jan 24 with 3175 viewschuckleberry

Who's been nicking my photo? The whole of the pitch is as bad the WMG end; despite the wheelbarrows etc at the side of the pitch not a single groundsperson was spotted in the three hours I was there.
The Pitch on 21:05 - Jan 24 with 3155 viewskiwidale

The Pitch on 20:58 - Jan 24 by chuckleberry

Who's been nicking my photo? The whole of the pitch is as bad the WMG end; despite the wheelbarrows etc at the side of the pitch not a single groundsperson was spotted in the three hours I was there.

I would think the groundsman would have other things on his mind like getting the pineapple removed from his ass.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024