Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pitch 19:59 - Jan 22 with 50473 viewskiwidale

This time last year a decision was made to dig up the pitch and lay a new one it seemed at the time a bold move but a proactive one. Today its becoming apparent the pitch is a write off or is it? no communication from the club leads to speculation. Ive only seen the pics you have seen it close up so is it worse than last year? is it worse than it looks or better than it seems? will it be played on again?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 20:01]

This is not the time for bickering.

The Pitch on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 3936 views442Dale

Surely, even though it probably would make little difference in the grand scheme of things, protecting the worst areas from the pitch from heavy rain has to be at least attempted?

If we've got rain covers, why do we not use them to stop heavy rain falling on the surface? They could then have been removed with an eye on the forecast.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Pitch on 21:27 - Jan 24 with 3892 viewskiwidale

The Pitch on 21:05 - Jan 24 by kiwidale

I would think the groundsman would have other things on his mind like getting the pineapple removed from his ass.

my poor attempt at humour highlights a failing in the club to comment publicly on the pitch. I feel desperately sorry for the ground staff involved. No news leads to speculation rumour and whispers, so far we have had the rumour the sand used stuffed the pitch, the groundsman has stuffed the pitch and whispers that Ollie Makin has been seen at the ground? hardly a vote of confidence in the head groundsman to sort it out. How must the ground staff and there families be feeling with these rumours floating about? Its just another example of the amateur way the club is run. Russ Green need to step up and quickly its been 5 days FFS with no word or be next in line for a pineapple.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 21:28]

This is not the time for bickering.

The Pitch on 07:55 - Jan 25 with 3716 viewsmingthemerciless

The Pitch on 19:03 - Jan 24 by electricblue

Or
Tell them to sort it......
Rather have it sorted than try n get compo...

Obviously everybody wants the pitch to be got into playing condition ASAP but looking at those photos it's not going to be either easy or quick. If Hornets can't play on the pitch they'll have to pay to play somewhere else. Where I'm not quite sure, maybe Mayfield ? You could reverse a few fixtures in the beginning I suppose but that's not a long term solution.
I would have though that the 'Dale would have a case in law regarding the work that was done on the pitch previously. As a layman I would say something's gone seriously wrong there. I think both clubs are working together regarding the situation and it's in nobodies best interests to create a schism between the clubs.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 8:01]
The Pitch on 09:22 - Jan 25 with 3642 viewsnordenblue

The Pitch on 07:55 - Jan 25 by mingthemerciless

Obviously everybody wants the pitch to be got into playing condition ASAP but looking at those photos it's not going to be either easy or quick. If Hornets can't play on the pitch they'll have to pay to play somewhere else. Where I'm not quite sure, maybe Mayfield ? You could reverse a few fixtures in the beginning I suppose but that's not a long term solution.
I would have though that the 'Dale would have a case in law regarding the work that was done on the pitch previously. As a layman I would say something's gone seriously wrong there. I think both clubs are working together regarding the situation and it's in nobodies best interests to create a schism between the clubs.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 8:01]

You've not got a leg to stand on IF the required maintenance isnt fulfilled,if part of any guarentee insisted by the supplier isn't followed it's your own silly fault....
The Pitch on 10:01 - Jan 25 with 3572 viewsmingthemerciless

Sounds like you've heard something regarding the care of the pitch.
The Pitch on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 3515 viewsnordenblue

The Pitch on 10:01 - Jan 25 by mingthemerciless

Sounds like you've heard something regarding the care of the pitch.

I'm not saying anything as no doubt I'll be labelled "some bullshitter thinking he's in the know"....

On another note "iknoweverything" has gone very quiet?
The Pitch on 17:47 - Jan 25 with 3273 viewsShun

Regarding the Millwall match:

“It’s a game that we’re looking forward to. It takes away from the league fixtures and we’ll be going down there playing on a decent pitch at a decent stadium."

I think that's as blatant a sign as we'll get on Hill's thoughts about our pitch.
The Pitch on 10:22 - Jan 31 with 2922 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitch on 11:27 - Jan 24 by SandyDrum

I've just driven past the ground and stopped to see if any work has started. I was shocked to see the pitch looks exactly the same as this photo with the big ponds all over the playing surface - bearing in mind it was a dry, sunnyish day yesterday. It's not draining at all. There are a few tractors parked up but nothing on the pitch. Looking at it today you could see teams refusing to play on the surface even if it is drained. If we do get Spurs I can certainly see them refusing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

The Pitch on 10:31 - Jan 31 with 2881 viewsDaleiLama

The Pitch on 10:22 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

I've just driven past the ground and stopped to see if any work has started. I was shocked to see the pitch looks exactly the same as this photo with the big ponds all over the playing surface - bearing in mind it was a dry, sunnyish day yesterday. It's not draining at all. There are a few tractors parked up but nothing on the pitch. Looking at it today you could see teams refusing to play on the surface even if it is drained. If we do get Spurs I can certainly see them refusing.

Six days til the Cup replay .............

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Pitch on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 2852 viewsHopwoodblue

The Pitch on 10:31 - Jan 31 by DaleiLama

Six days til the Cup replay .............

Information like this won't help advance ticket sales for the replay, people are not going to take a chance and buy one knowing the game may well be called off.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

The Pitch on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 2832 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

The Pitch on 10:51 - Jan 31 with 2803 viewsDaleiLama

The Pitch on 10:42 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

That's proper depressing

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Pitch on 10:58 - Jan 31 with 2757 viewsmingthemerciless

Looking at that photo is really depressing. It makes you wonder when the next match will be played.
The Pitch on 11:04 - Jan 31 with 2729 viewselectricblue

When was the photo taken !

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Pitch on 11:04 - Jan 31 with 2728 viewsChaffRAFC

The Pitch on 11:04 - Jan 31 by electricblue

This morning.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The Pitch on 11:06 - Jan 31 with 2723 viewsR17ALE

This is exactly where we were in the 2000-01 season.

It's a direct result of not putting the frost covers down after the Blackpool game. A bad own goal.

Back then, we got in a water hog from the cricket club and removed the surface water.

Then 3 teams of 3 volunteers* manually did a drill and fill using kiln dried sand. One drill per square yard and we didn't lose another game to waterlogging that season.

* 1 with a metal pole.
1 with a sledgehammer.
1 with a jug of kiln dried sand.

It all sounds primitive, but it does dry out a pitch although it leaves it a little bumpy!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The Pitch on 11:11 - Jan 31 with 2688 viewsCockneyDale

The Pitch on 11:06 - Jan 31 by R17ALE

This is exactly where we were in the 2000-01 season.

It's a direct result of not putting the frost covers down after the Blackpool game. A bad own goal.

Back then, we got in a water hog from the cricket club and removed the surface water.

Then 3 teams of 3 volunteers* manually did a drill and fill using kiln dried sand. One drill per square yard and we didn't lose another game to waterlogging that season.

* 1 with a metal pole.
1 with a sledgehammer.
1 with a jug of kiln dried sand.

It all sounds primitive, but it does dry out a pitch although it leaves it a little bumpy!

Not doubting it; just interested...How does the frost covers not going down lead to drainage issues?
The Pitch on 11:18 - Jan 31 with 2654 viewsToffeemanc

The Pitch on 10:51 - Jan 31 by DaleiLama

That's proper depressing

It's about time that the Club put out an official statement with pictures of the pitch/work being carried out.

I had arranged for a family member to call at Spotland tomorrow to pick up 2 tickets for the Millwall game for our usual seats on our season tickets before the seat restrictions are removed.
Looking at that photo I don't see the point of bothering as it looks pretty clear the pitch isn't going to be playable and another postponement looks very likely.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 11:20]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The Pitch on 11:19 - Jan 31 with 2649 viewsR17ALE

The Pitch on 11:11 - Jan 31 by CockneyDale

Not doubting it; just interested...How does the frost covers not going down lead to drainage issues?

Imagine a pitch with several gallons of water contained in and on it.

If you let that freeze the water expands ripping apart anything in its way. It's why we get pot holes in the roads at this time of year for example.

The freezing water expands ripping apart the grass and root structure which is the only way water can percolate through to the drains.

Ice is dangerous stuff. Back in the day it ripped valleys and dales into our landscape. Our pitch root structure is pretty small fry in comparison.

Anyone should know that you don't let a wet pitch freeze if it can be prevented.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The Pitch on 11:22 - Jan 31 with 2636 viewsSuddenLad

The Pitch on 10:38 - Jan 31 by Hopwoodblue

Information like this won't help advance ticket sales for the replay, people are not going to take a chance and buy one knowing the game may well be called off.

Why not ? Got ours yesterday.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Pitch on 11:39 - Jan 31 with 2562 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitch on 11:04 - Jan 31 by electricblue

10.07 am today. 😥

The Pitch on 11:41 - Jan 31 with 2545 viewsrochdaleriddler

The Pitch on 11:18 - Jan 31 by Toffeemanc

It's about time that the Club put out an official statement with pictures of the pitch/work being carried out.

I had arranged for a family member to call at Spotland tomorrow to pick up 2 tickets for the Millwall game for our usual seats on our season tickets before the seat restrictions are removed.
Looking at that photo I don't see the point of bothering as it looks pretty clear the pitch isn't going to be playable and another postponement looks very likely.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 11:20]

The game has to be played, pretty sure it will be next Tuesday

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The Pitch on 11:42 - Jan 31 with 2542 viewsCockneyDale

The Pitch on 11:19 - Jan 31 by R17ALE

Imagine a pitch with several gallons of water contained in and on it.

If you let that freeze the water expands ripping apart anything in its way. It's why we get pot holes in the roads at this time of year for example.

The freezing water expands ripping apart the grass and root structure which is the only way water can percolate through to the drains.

Ice is dangerous stuff. Back in the day it ripped valleys and dales into our landscape. Our pitch root structure is pretty small fry in comparison.

Anyone should know that you don't let a wet pitch freeze if it can be prevented.

Thanks. I hadn't considered the water within the soil freezing, just the surface water.

The sooner the Crown Oil Arena has a retractable roof, the better. I mean, where is the Hogan money...?
The Pitch on 12:38 - Jan 31 with 2353 viewsjudd

Rochdale Oarnets are due to play at home on Sunday. Think it's against Bathley Water Buffalo.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Pitch on 12:42 - Jan 31 with 2329 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitch on 12:38 - Jan 31 by judd

Rochdale Oarnets are due to play at home on Sunday. Think it's against Bathley Water Buffalo.

I wonder if they'll attract any floating fans?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024