Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? 07:06 - Jan 23 with 39613 viewsbelieveinmiracles

Credit where it`s due lads
1. Who would have picked Carlos ?
2. Who would have bought Mawson for £5m ( now worth £40M plus )

Better to keep Jenkins than leave the yanks in cha
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:36 - Jan 27 with 1615 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:25 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Well don't f*cking reply then!

Let's recap. You were arguing with Private Partz and others over Laudrups tenure here as manager, whose role was made impossible by a clique of senior players undermining him and then having the indignity of being sacked by text/email (for eroding the principles of the club). Yeah, right.

From those heights we now find ourselves staving off relegation for the second season running (you'll probably say we're always doing it being a tiny club) , dismissing unsuitable manager after unsuitable manager and signing players for large fees who then rarely play for us because they don't fit. The standard of football has fallen off a cliff too as a direct consequence since 2013. If these are the principles of the football club thank God Laudrup and Tutumulu WERE eroding them.

But I don't hear you criticize Jenkins and co for that. instead like the Aberdare official fans leader you focus on the way the size of the club has brought us to this point and Jenkins worked "miracles" for "so long" and we should be grateful for just being in the PL.

The truth is, had Jenkins shipped out the troublemakers and backed Laudrup I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be struggling as we are now.

If you can't see that your slant on the whole affair mirrors what the sell outs were saying at the time then it's not me that has to learn how to read. It's you.

Laudrup actually took us to the next level. Jenkins, Morgan , Dineen and co by their actions could very well feasibly see us do a Portsmouth.

Jesus, are you really this thick, Brynmill?

OK, I don't think Jenkins was totally to blame for the downfall of Laudrup (he lasts one season at almost every club before and after us...and nearly always fell out with the Chairman/President too) but I DO blame him for not getting it right after ML left.

Almost EVERYTHING since Laudrup has been done badly and that (and the way the sale of the club was handles) is why Jenkins Jenkins should go. One or two bad seasons could be excused or accepted, considering all the good done for the years before, but it's gone past the tipping point now.

Can't you understand this? I'm honestly trying to be as clear as I can as it seems that if I write "left" you read "right".

ALL I am saying is that TODAY is not the right time to fire Jenkins as we have a vital few months of football left. If someone showed me a good replacement for him today, I would be shouting from the rooftops for Jenkins to go, but in my view, there isn't a good replacement lined up. But, regardless of where we are at the end of the season, JENKINS MUST GO. Do you understand me now?

You might say you want him gone today and I might say the end of the season - that's just opinion. I understand your opinion, but might not agree with it entirely as it would depend on who's going to take over his task of keeping us up this season. If there's nobody, then that's not an option.

Do you understand now? Please say yes! I'm not sure I could make it any plainer!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:55 - Jan 27 with 1558 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 01:25 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Not for any reason such ask to ask where you are sitting. I never want to meet you.

I'm just interested to whether you are actually a stakeholder in the club.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 1:26]

A

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:56 - Jan 27 with 1554 viewsswancity

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:36 - Jan 27 by MoscowJack

OK, I don't think Jenkins was totally to blame for the downfall of Laudrup (he lasts one season at almost every club before and after us...and nearly always fell out with the Chairman/President too) but I DO blame him for not getting it right after ML left.

Almost EVERYTHING since Laudrup has been done badly and that (and the way the sale of the club was handles) is why Jenkins Jenkins should go. One or two bad seasons could be excused or accepted, considering all the good done for the years before, but it's gone past the tipping point now.

Can't you understand this? I'm honestly trying to be as clear as I can as it seems that if I write "left" you read "right".

ALL I am saying is that TODAY is not the right time to fire Jenkins as we have a vital few months of football left. If someone showed me a good replacement for him today, I would be shouting from the rooftops for Jenkins to go, but in my view, there isn't a good replacement lined up. But, regardless of where we are at the end of the season, JENKINS MUST GO. Do you understand me now?

You might say you want him gone today and I might say the end of the season - that's just opinion. I understand your opinion, but might not agree with it entirely as it would depend on who's going to take over his task of keeping us up this season. If there's nobody, then that's not an option.

Do you understand now? Please say yes! I'm not sure I could make it any plainer!

I'll make it a lot plainer. And clearer. He needs to go now.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:57 - Jan 27 with 1553 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 01:25 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Not for any reason such ask to ask where you are sitting. I never want to meet you.

I'm just interested to whether you are actually a stakeholder in the club.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 1:26]

Have you got a problem with alcohol?

Yes I'm a season ticket holder and stakeholder, I've got nothing but 40 years invested in this club

Grow up Steve

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:59 - Jan 27 with 1543 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 01:44 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

You were defending Clement for most of the season too. Hypocrite

Show me examples and the context and I'll tell you the rest.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:01 - Jan 27 with 1529 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:17 - Jan 27 by jackjackjackjack

I'm not sure if a lot of our supporters are a bit thick, or that they don't know much about football, other than our team. They seem to think it's easy to sign players, and every other club would have an amazing transfer policy. whilst overlooking, Jordan Ibe, Berahino, Mitrovic, etc.

Exactly mate, thick, or like Brynmill Steve, an alcoholic.

Still waiting for a club that's got the answers to it all. Small club, small stadium but the best scouting network run by unicorns and fairies.

Our fans are childish as fack.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 1520 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:20 - Jan 27 by wobbly

Dineen tickled Res’ tummy a while back and he fast changed his tune. I guess Huw got his tickling stick out this time. Shame.

I know who you are.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:07 - Jan 27 with 1505 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:25 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Well don't f*cking reply then!

Let's recap. You were arguing with Private Partz and others over Laudrups tenure here as manager, whose role was made impossible by a clique of senior players undermining him and then having the indignity of being sacked by text/email (for eroding the principles of the club). Yeah, right.

From those heights we now find ourselves staving off relegation for the second season running (you'll probably say we're always doing it being a tiny club) , dismissing unsuitable manager after unsuitable manager and signing players for large fees who then rarely play for us because they don't fit. The standard of football has fallen off a cliff too as a direct consequence since 2013. If these are the principles of the football club thank God Laudrup and Tutumulu WERE eroding them.

But I don't hear you criticize Jenkins and co for that. instead like the Aberdare official fans leader you focus on the way the size of the club has brought us to this point and Jenkins worked "miracles" for "so long" and we should be grateful for just being in the PL.

The truth is, had Jenkins shipped out the troublemakers and backed Laudrup I'm willing to bet we wouldn't be struggling as we are now.

If you can't see that your slant on the whole affair mirrors what the sell outs were saying at the time then it's not me that has to learn how to read. It's you.

Laudrup actually took us to the next level. Jenkins, Morgan , Dineen and co by their actions could very well feasibly see us do a Portsmouth.

You're a piss head who hasn't got the first clue what's going on, have you. Pity mun.

Login to get fewer ads

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:09 - Jan 27 with 1497 viewsDarran

So from the minute the transfer window closes next week in what way is Jenkins vital for the few months of football left?
What’s he going to be doing taking training,picking the team,what?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:10 - Jan 27 with 1491 viewsQJumpingJack

I think Jenkins and the board have to be given credit for appointing Monk.
Monk's first season was a success.
We won the important games around teams we had to beat (Burnley, Hull etc).

Where Jenkins and the board went wrong was not having a succession plan in place when the wheels came off at Watford (post international break) in September 2015.
Since Monk, there seems to be no "plan B" when things have taken a turn for the worse.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 11:14]
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:13 - Jan 27 with 1477 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:09 - Jan 27 by Darran

So from the minute the transfer window closes next week in what way is Jenkins vital for the few months of football left?

Why don't you take this up with his employers, why don't the Trust?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:20 - Jan 27 with 1449 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust publicly called for Jenkins to resign last month. Since then Silent Stu has sat in club boardroom meetings and no doubt, and hopefully, discussed transfer signings.

What has Stu, or the Trust, done, to follow up this statement? It's this body that should be getting these answers but as always they're never there when you need them.

Instead, they have sat back watching fans argue like fack, allowed the protest groups to get more prominence and as a result will make the atmosphere in the Liberty toxic the first signs of things going against us.

WTF are they doing????

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:22 - Jan 27 with 1440 viewsQJumpingJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:20 - Jan 27 by TheResurrection

The Trust publicly called for Jenkins to resign last month. Since then Silent Stu has sat in club boardroom meetings and no doubt, and hopefully, discussed transfer signings.

What has Stu, or the Trust, done, to follow up this statement? It's this body that should be getting these answers but as always they're never there when you need them.

Instead, they have sat back watching fans argue like fack, allowed the protest groups to get more prominence and as a result will make the atmosphere in the Liberty toxic the first signs of things going against us.

WTF are they doing????

maybe these issues will be raised at the AGM on Monday?
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:22 - Jan 27 with 1438 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:09 - Jan 27 by Darran

Well, I suppose it's important to have an experience Chairman in place when you're in the key stages of a relegation battle.

I imagine, although I can't speak from experience, that there's a lot going on behind the scenes day-to-day that needs to be addressed and sorted out so that the players have absolutely no distractions.

Jenkins leaving now would be a massive distraction, in my opinion...but if I thought that him confirming NOW that he'll definitely leave at the end of the season would bring the fans together then I'd be happy with that. We need a hostile environment for each and every home game from now until the end of the season but that hostility has to go towards the away team/fans and not our Director's Box.

We need to be the 12th man....the extra point or three could be vital.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:26 - Jan 27 with 1429 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:20 - Jan 27 by TheResurrection

WTF are they doing????

Didn't someone say there would be a monthly update from Stu? Or that one would be written for him? I'm sure I read something like that.

I'm 99% sure that Stu's doing as good a job as any, but for God's sake, there needs to be some communication from him to the fans. We have no idea what good work he's doing and we just rely on guesswork.

Also, how long does it take to get the promised 'pen pics' on the site?

If they can't organise simple things like this, it doesn't encourage any faith to get the bigger things done properly.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 1425 viewstrampie

Moscow and Res getting found out on this thread, lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:32 - Jan 27 with 1410 viewsDarran

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:22 - Jan 27 by MoscowJack

Well, I suppose it's important to have an experience Chairman in place when you're in the key stages of a relegation battle.

I imagine, although I can't speak from experience, that there's a lot going on behind the scenes day-to-day that needs to be addressed and sorted out so that the players have absolutely no distractions.

Jenkins leaving now would be a massive distraction, in my opinion...but if I thought that him confirming NOW that he'll definitely leave at the end of the season would bring the fans together then I'd be happy with that. We need a hostile environment for each and every home game from now until the end of the season but that hostility has to go towards the away team/fans and not our Director's Box.

We need to be the 12th man....the extra point or three could be vital.

I don’t agree. Like you said you can’t inagine and neither can I but I just don’t see his importance after next week,plus if the judge rules against him over the court case and him signing fake board meetings he should resign immediately and and be investigated by the fraud squad.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:40 - Jan 27 with 1380 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:32 - Jan 27 by Darran

I don’t agree. Like you said you can’t inagine and neither can I but I just don’t see his importance after next week,plus if the judge rules against him over the court case and him signing fake board meetings he should resign immediately and and be investigated by the fraud squad.

Fair enough, but I think it would be a distraction that we really don't need right....and also some might use it as an excuse if we go down.

I suppose the compromise would be for him to make a statement of intent (a promise or guarantee) to step down, whatever happens, at the end of the season. I can't see him doing that though as I think he'll want to milk the club for even more money if we stay up.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree (again!).

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:42 - Jan 27 with 1372 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:27 - Jan 27 by trampie

Moscow and Res getting found out on this thread, lol.

I'd say it's the total opposite. The more intelligent posters can see it's in the clubs interest to unite behind Carlos and the team and leave the protests until the seasons over. One way or another.

It's just the alcoholics, thickos and no marks like you that thinks differently.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:42 - Jan 27 with 1372 viewsmonmouth

Have Morgan and Jenkins fallen out now then, or do they still sit on bus shelters together?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:50 - Jan 27 with 1359 viewsDarran

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:40 - Jan 27 by MoscowJack

Fair enough, but I think it would be a distraction that we really don't need right....and also some might use it as an excuse if we go down.

I suppose the compromise would be for him to make a statement of intent (a promise or guarantee) to step down, whatever happens, at the end of the season. I can't see him doing that though as I think he'll want to milk the club for even more money if we stay up.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree (again!).

If you think it’ll be a distraction on the playing front you’re out of touch with reality. The players won’t even notice he’s gone.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:59 - Jan 27 with 1326 viewsPawelAbbott

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 10:56 - Jan 27 by swancity

I'll make it a lot plainer. And clearer. He needs to go now.

I don't think that it is essential that Jenkins leaves the club entirely.
I just think there needs to be someone brought in in charge of all sports related matters as the director of sports.
We still need someone to handle the day to day running of the business.
Either way, with 5 days left in the transfer window, he shouldn't be leaving until the window closes.
Whatever is in the pipeline needs to be concluded
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:01 - Jan 27 with 1323 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:50 - Jan 27 by Darran

If you think it’ll be a distraction on the playing front you’re out of touch with reality. The players won’t even notice he’s gone.

You don't really believe that, do you? A Chairman who's been there for 15+ years standing down and nobody would notice it?

All the press, all the gossip, all the whispers and all the other noise that will go with it will just add to the insecurity at the moment. Let's not forget the potential impact it could have on the manager who's just been employed by him. Carlo's contagious enthusiasm needs to be fueled, not damped by negativity around him.

It might not make a huge difference, but if it's even a slight distraction, that could cost us a point or three. That could make a significant difference at the end of the season and I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Just have a clean cut at the end of the season. Simple.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:02 - Jan 27 with 1322 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:59 - Jan 27 by PawelAbbott

I don't think that it is essential that Jenkins leaves the club entirely.
I just think there needs to be someone brought in in charge of all sports related matters as the director of sports.
We still need someone to handle the day to day running of the business.
Either way, with 5 days left in the transfer window, he shouldn't be leaving until the window closes.
Whatever is in the pipeline needs to be concluded

Some sense at last. I was beginning to worry....!

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 12:03 - Jan 27 with 1316 viewsswancity

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 11:50 - Jan 27 by Darran

Quite right. And it will reunite the Club, it's fans especially to get right behind the team on match days. His days are numbered. I'm not sure where the merit is to keep him on.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024