Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford match thread 14:03 - Dec 29 with 28562 viewsleedsdale

Inman in for Gillam

Bradford match thread on 20:02 - Dec 29 with 3164 viewsDaleFan7

13 goals in 13 games at home. Enough to get the heart racing.
Bradford match thread on 20:26 - Dec 29 with 3023 viewsdingdangblue

Bradford match thread on 19:54 - Dec 29 by dawlishdale

Cheap shot DDB.

How come you didn't ask where Dooley and Hart have disappeared to after the Southend and Blackpool games

Seriously, good on you if you are happy with the way the team was set up, played and fought today. I beg to differ. Today was unacceptable, despite Bradford being very good.

No I'm not happy the way we played today - we were shite and the players looked knackered - no one put in any sort of effort that the Bradford players did - that's why I asked about Hart and Dooley because that team today looks like it needs seriously freshening up before the Doncaster game - if the players thought they could relax after getting 6 points from the last 2 games then that's a poor do. There is no way Bradford are going to be in the relegation places much longer if they continue playing like that - they were superb today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bradford match thread on 20:37 - Dec 29 with 2960 viewsDMR90

Wasn't at the Southend game but I was there on Wednesday where Blackpool successfully targeted our left side of defence (Done and Delaney) time and time again. Hence changes were made at half time. Blackpool probably regret their second half tactics of defending their 18 yard line as they could have easily got something from the game had they decided to attack.

Bradford had clearly done their homework as from the off they went down our left side just like Blackpool and looked dangerous. Once Hill realised this, changes were made. Bradford's tactics also included waiting for us to make a mistake (which there were a lot of) and capitalise on them.

Rathbone ran himself into the ground, MJW did okay and Ntlhe showed some effort when he came on. The rest were horrendous.
Moore - a lot of clearances were charged down and the ball went underneath him for the second
Rafferty - putting a free kick out for a throw in was a particular highlight
Delaney - terrible first touch, light weight and gave away a penalty
Done - not a left back. It's that simple.
Camps - punching the dug out as he was subbed off summed up his performance
Adshead - unfortunately today's game wasn't the right one for him to start in. Played okay but was over-run in midfield
Williams - very quiet game, no quality and was brushed off the ball time and time again
Henderson - our long ball football doesn't suit his game. Needs a target man to play off. Was lucky not to get sent off for the challenge at the end of the game.
Inman - awful. Didn't look up for the game, was brushed off the ball too easily and at one point beat two men then stopped running.

We know that Cannon is off and Hill will make 10% of the transfer fee! Jackett (the manager of a team top of the league) has said that he intends to use Cannon as an attacking midfielder whereas Hill wanted him to be a wing back. McGahey is by far our best centre back but he is apparently off to a team below us in the league. Great!

Were Bradford good? Absolutely, in particular their numbers 10 and 39 ran the show. In no way does that mean we can accept that result and move on such as other fans have posted.
Bradford match thread on 20:42 - Dec 29 with 2918 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 20:37 - Dec 29 by DMR90

Wasn't at the Southend game but I was there on Wednesday where Blackpool successfully targeted our left side of defence (Done and Delaney) time and time again. Hence changes were made at half time. Blackpool probably regret their second half tactics of defending their 18 yard line as they could have easily got something from the game had they decided to attack.

Bradford had clearly done their homework as from the off they went down our left side just like Blackpool and looked dangerous. Once Hill realised this, changes were made. Bradford's tactics also included waiting for us to make a mistake (which there were a lot of) and capitalise on them.

Rathbone ran himself into the ground, MJW did okay and Ntlhe showed some effort when he came on. The rest were horrendous.
Moore - a lot of clearances were charged down and the ball went underneath him for the second
Rafferty - putting a free kick out for a throw in was a particular highlight
Delaney - terrible first touch, light weight and gave away a penalty
Done - not a left back. It's that simple.
Camps - punching the dug out as he was subbed off summed up his performance
Adshead - unfortunately today's game wasn't the right one for him to start in. Played okay but was over-run in midfield
Williams - very quiet game, no quality and was brushed off the ball time and time again
Henderson - our long ball football doesn't suit his game. Needs a target man to play off. Was lucky not to get sent off for the challenge at the end of the game.
Inman - awful. Didn't look up for the game, was brushed off the ball too easily and at one point beat two men then stopped running.

We know that Cannon is off and Hill will make 10% of the transfer fee! Jackett (the manager of a team top of the league) has said that he intends to use Cannon as an attacking midfielder whereas Hill wanted him to be a wing back. McGahey is by far our best centre back but he is apparently off to a team below us in the league. Great!

Were Bradford good? Absolutely, in particular their numbers 10 and 39 ran the show. In no way does that mean we can accept that result and move on such as other fans have posted.

I agree with everything you've posted - until the end

We have no choice but to accept the result (it won't change by "not accepting it") and to move on - which means taking any lessons from it and using them in a positive way - not simply doing so blindly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bradford match thread on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 2884 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bradford match thread on 20:42 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

We have no choice but to accept the result (it won't change by "not accepting it") and to move on - which means taking any lessons from it and using them in a positive way - not simply doing so blindly

We go again eh

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bradford match thread on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 2866 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 20:48 - Dec 29 by rochdaleriddler

We go again eh

That's not what i said, is it

That's not a question, btw
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:51]

Bradford match thread on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 2847 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bradford match thread on 20:50 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

That's not what i said, is it

That's not a question, btw
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:51]

Never bothers you when dissing my posts, that’s not a question either

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bradford match thread on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 2839 viewsDMR90

Bradford match thread on 20:42 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Of course we have to accept the result because it happened. But that performance was not acceptable and you're absolutely right, both the players and the management have to reflect on their performance today and attempt to put things right against Doncaster.
Login to get fewer ads

Bradford match thread on 21:01 - Dec 29 with 2791 viewsdawlishdale

Bradford match thread on 20:54 - Dec 29 by DMR90

Of course we have to accept the result because it happened. But that performance was not acceptable and you're absolutely right, both the players and the management have to reflect on their performance today and attempt to put things right against Doncaster.

Your two posts are absolutely spot on. I will never accept a team performance like today without it hurting me. If it doesn't hurt you to be humiliated on your own pitch, then you may as well give up. Having said that, I applaud Bradford, who were very good today, and played as we used to do several seasons ago.

I want to see a reaction from both players and Management (including the coaching staff, who must be implicit in how awfully we performed today)
Bradford match thread on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 2643 views442Dale

Having seen the goals again it confirms just how poor we were. A real lack of decisiveness and determination in what we were doing, irrespective of the opposition’s play.

Even the great strike for the fourth comes after MJW’s woeful attempt to deal with a ball played in his general direction.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bradford match thread on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 2623 viewsDaleiLama

What a depressing thread after a thoroughly depressing performance and a feeling of abject failure. We have gone from a KH ethos of no fear to no idea, no backbone and no bottle in that game. Doubly disappointing after grinding out two wins on the bounce. Keith's got a big job to decide who to play and how to get the team up and motivated for our away trip on the 1st. I don't even know where he starts after that. Woefully bad. Perhaps the only positive to take from it is we surely can't be that bad again? I wonder if CD was expecting it when he said he might stay away for a few games after he's stepped down. Feel like doing that myself, but I'll be willing them on again on the 5th all being well.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bradford match thread on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 2599 viewsfitzochris

I’ve not much more to add other than that was an incredibly poor performance from us today. Bradford were up for it, but we helped them out no end.

No corner turned as far as I’m concerned.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bradford match thread on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 2572 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 21:37 - Dec 29 by DaleiLama

What a depressing thread after a thoroughly depressing performance and a feeling of abject failure. We have gone from a KH ethos of no fear to no idea, no backbone and no bottle in that game. Doubly disappointing after grinding out two wins on the bounce. Keith's got a big job to decide who to play and how to get the team up and motivated for our away trip on the 1st. I don't even know where he starts after that. Woefully bad. Perhaps the only positive to take from it is we surely can't be that bad again? I wonder if CD was expecting it when he said he might stay away for a few games after he's stepped down. Feel like doing that myself, but I'll be willing them on again on the 5th all being well.

We've been trounced 1-4 (by Peterborough) and 0-4 (by Barnsley) at COA

imo Bradford played at least as well, if not better, than both those teams, yet we bounced back to climb (and remain) in 16th place. We're nowhere near safety, but i just don't have the same impression of what happened today. It was a beating, but not a capitulation. We put some decent stuff together in the last 20 minutes, when Bradford had relented of course but before their 4th

I wouldn't put it past us to get a result against Doncaster, but that's just me

Bradford match thread on 21:56 - Dec 29 with 2501 viewsDaleiLama

Bradford match thread on 21:45 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

We've been trounced 1-4 (by Peterborough) and 0-4 (by Barnsley) at COA

imo Bradford played at least as well, if not better, than both those teams, yet we bounced back to climb (and remain) in 16th place. We're nowhere near safety, but i just don't have the same impression of what happened today. It was a beating, but not a capitulation. We put some decent stuff together in the last 20 minutes, when Bradford had relented of course but before their 4th

I wouldn't put it past us to get a result against Doncaster, but that's just me

I was on hols for the P'boro game but watched in awe at Barnsley. I think Bradford were good today and whilst I agree that there were a couple of battling performances (ollie and Willaims8) a lot of our players just didn't turn up and made Bradford look better than they were imho. It looked like men against boys.

Once of a time that would have been us playing quick passes, out-running opponents, winning challenges, pressing when we don't have the ball and ……… scoring goals. We were made to look ordinary today in a way that we used to make other teams look ordinary. It doesn't feel good to be on the wrong end of that. I don't think we capitulated everywhere and it was good to see us battling to the final whistle, but that gulf between the teams today was worrisome. Our midfield is really, really poor. Our defence and attack aren't consistently good, but our midfield has lost it's way more then any other unit. Teams know that and know to press us now and we can't seem to deal with it when they do.

Bradford match thread on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 2447 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 21:56 - Dec 29 by DaleiLama

I was on hols for the P'boro game but watched in awe at Barnsley. I think Bradford were good today and whilst I agree that there were a couple of battling performances (ollie and Willaims8) a lot of our players just didn't turn up and made Bradford look better than they were imho. It looked like men against boys.

Once of a time that would have been us playing quick passes, out-running opponents, winning challenges, pressing when we don't have the ball and ……… scoring goals. We were made to look ordinary today in a way that we used to make other teams look ordinary. It doesn't feel good to be on the wrong end of that. I don't think we capitulated everywhere and it was good to see us battling to the final whistle, but that gulf between the teams today was worrisome. Our midfield is really, really poor. Our defence and attack aren't consistently good, but our midfield has lost it's way more then any other unit. Teams know that and know to press us now and we can't seem to deal with it when they do.

Agree about the midfield - that's usually where the initiative is won or lost and hence why Adshead was taken out of the firing line because he could've quite easily lost heart trying to battle away when those around him were treading water (or treacle)

We just have no-one to take charge in there, and playing Hendo isn't the answer either

KH's previous teams have always had someone who could get to grips with this and i suspect he thought Camps might be the one to take up that baton but he was a million miles off the pace, in thought, and in action; and just when he looked like he was running into some kind of form

Without drawing too close a comparison, we were hit today by the footballing equivalent of an unexpected tsumani, with our warning systems out of action

Bradford match thread on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 2404 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bradford match thread on 22:05 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Agree about the midfield - that's usually where the initiative is won or lost and hence why Adshead was taken out of the firing line because he could've quite easily lost heart trying to battle away when those around him were treading water (or treacle)

We just have no-one to take charge in there, and playing Hendo isn't the answer either

KH's previous teams have always had someone who could get to grips with this and i suspect he thought Camps might be the one to take up that baton but he was a million miles off the pace, in thought, and in action; and just when he looked like he was running into some kind of form

Without drawing too close a comparison, we were hit today by the footballing equivalent of an unexpected tsumani, with our warning systems out of action

WHat about Perkins , surely Hill thought he was th missing piece , our midfield has been wanting for two seasons, which is why we have to defend so much, and nothing links defence to attack, and leads to hoof ball as practised today

Bradford match thread on 22:22 - Dec 29 with 2336 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bradford match thread on 21:32 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Having seen the goals again it confirms just how poor we were. A real lack of decisiveness and determination in what we were doing, irrespective of the opposition’s play.

Even the great strike for the fourth comes after MJW’s woeful attempt to deal with a ball played in his general direction.

Yeah,just seen it all on Quest.......shocking stuff. Should have a warning "Watch from behind the couch"
Bradford match thread on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 2324 viewsDaleiLama

Bradford match thread on 22:22 - Dec 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yeah,just seen it all on Quest.......shocking stuff. Should have a warning "Watch from behind the couch"

I thought that was daleks? Then again, the way we played today …………. not time for an extermination yet though.

Bradford match thread on 22:26 - Dec 29 with 2316 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 22:11 - Dec 29 by rochdaleriddler

WHat about Perkins , surely Hill thought he was th missing piece , our midfield has been wanting for two seasons, which is why we have to defend so much, and nothing links defence to attack, and leads to hoof ball as practised today

Aye, what about Perkins... we started playing football when he came on, with the ball being taken up from the back and played to feet, forward

But i've given up on making his case on here. He has made errors in possession in previous games, but at least he takes responsibility and pushes us forwards. I'd be starting with him, Rathbone and either Adshead or Morley against Donny

Bradford match thread on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 2295 viewsmacro

Outplayed and outfought today. Squad definitely needs a shuffle, too many players have been here a season too long, the likes of McNulty, maybe even Calvin can join the 6 month loans in going, . I am still highly dubious that there’s anything in McGahey or Calvin rumours but both are replaceable. That though is if the recruitment improves. How many of the recent signings have actually been a success? Not many that’s for sure.
Bradford match thread on 22:31 - Dec 29 with 2278 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 22:26 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Aye, what about Perkins... we started playing football when he came on, with the ball being taken up from the back and played to feet, forward

But i've given up on making his case on here. He has made errors in possession in previous games, but at least he takes responsibility and pushes us forwards. I'd be starting with him, Rathbone and either Adshead or Morley against Donny

We've won 2 league games with Perkins involved.

None at home.

None.

He came on when the game was totally lost and Bradford were relaxed.

He's been a waste of money, this AND next season.

In my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bradford match thread on 22:31 - Dec 29 with 2279 viewssmaclad1

Bradford match thread on 22:29 - Dec 29 by macro

Outplayed and outfought today. Squad definitely needs a shuffle, too many players have been here a season too long, the likes of McNulty, maybe even Calvin can join the 6 month loans in going, . I am still highly dubious that there’s anything in McGahey or Calvin rumours but both are replaceable. That though is if the recruitment improves. How many of the recent signings have actually been a success? Not many that’s for sure.

Ditto on the rumours.
Bradford match thread on 22:32 - Dec 29 with 2270 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 22:31 - Dec 29 by judd

We've won 2 league games with Perkins involved.

None at home.

None.

He came on when the game was totally lost and Bradford were relaxed.

He's been a waste of money, this AND next season.

In my opinion.

Aye i know

I simply disagree, that's all

Bradford match thread on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 2238 views49thseason

Bradford match thread on 22:05 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Camps looks two stone overweight and 2 yards behind the play, strange as it seems given the size of the squad on paper, we are probably down to the bare bones. between injuries, players who cannot be played and players who will not play, those that played today are probably just about all that we have.... other than goalkeepers of course.
RB, Rafferty - (Randall injured)
RCH, JMWilliams - (McGahey not available)
LCH, Delaney - (McNulty unpickable, on his way out?)
LB, Ntlhe (Hart injured)
Centre Midfield Camps, Perkins (can't manage 90 mins) (Cannon N/A)
L Mid Adshead, (Dooley injured)
R Mid Rathbone, (Thompson injured)
Fwd1, Inman, Done
Fwd 2, Henderson Gillam (Clough injured)
Fwd 3, Williams (Wilbraham, unpickable) (Andrew Off to Lincoln?)
That's 13 fit and able if you count Andrew, and 5 who are injured plus essentially 5 superfluous / leaving.
Bradford match thread on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 2221 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 22:32 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Aye i know

I simply disagree, that's all

In fairness to you, considering we have only won 6 home league games in the past 12 months , it probably doesn't matter who plays in that position, we are so bereft of winning choices (assuming Cannon was fired sometime ago).

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024