Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford match thread 14:03 - Dec 29 with 28560 viewsleedsdale

Inman in for Gillam

Bradford match thread on 22:44 - Dec 29 with 3053 viewsmacro

Bradford match thread on 22:36 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

Camps looks two stone overweight and 2 yards behind the play, strange as it seems given the size of the squad on paper, we are probably down to the bare bones. between injuries, players who cannot be played and players who will not play, those that played today are probably just about all that we have.... other than goalkeepers of course.
RB, Rafferty - (Randall injured)
RCH, JMWilliams - (McGahey not available)
LCH, Delaney - (McNulty unpickable, on his way out?)
LB, Ntlhe (Hart injured)
Centre Midfield Camps, Perkins (can't manage 90 mins) (Cannon N/A)
L Mid Adshead, (Dooley injured)
R Mid Rathbone, (Thompson injured)
Fwd1, Inman, Done
Fwd 2, Henderson Gillam (Clough injured)
Fwd 3, Williams (Wilbraham, unpickable) (Andrew Off to Lincoln?)
That's 13 fit and able if you count Andrew, and 5 who are injured plus essentially 5 superfluous / leaving.

Hart was doing the full warm down withe Morley and the subs after the game - could see him running the pitch from the warmth of. the lounge
Bradford match thread on 22:47 - Dec 29 with 3036 views49thseason

Bradford match thread on 22:44 - Dec 29 by macro

Hart was doing the full warm down withe Morley and the subs after the game - could see him running the pitch from the warmth of. the lounge

Good, they may both have to play the next game. I forgot Morley to be honest but needs must, I think he may be about to get his big chance.
Bradford match thread on 22:48 - Dec 29 with 3025 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 22:39 - Dec 29 by judd

In fairness to you, considering we have only won 6 home league games in the past 12 months , it probably doesn't matter who plays in that position, we are so bereft of winning choices (assuming Cannon was fired sometime ago).

I don't think we've had a combo of Perkins with Adshead alongside him, plus Rathbone in a free role and no idea if it'd work - it's probably too lightweight, but i'd like to see it

Regarding the stats, there's probably other common denominators that could be found in our home form other than Perkins starting - and it could be that he's been selected to start against those teams who it was assumed would pose us most problems - so i don't put too much store in them. That certainly wasn't the case today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bradford match thread on 22:52 - Dec 29 with 3000 viewsmacro

Bradford match thread on 22:47 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

Good, they may both have to play the next game. I forgot Morley to be honest but needs must, I think he may be about to get his big chance.

Iā€™m hazarding a guess with no-one else involved in the warm downs that Wilbraham, Dooley, Randall, Clough are injured - if that is the case then despite a very long squad list we are down to 20 fit senior players
Bradford match thread on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 2963 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 22:48 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

I don't think we've had a combo of Perkins with Adshead alongside him, plus Rathbone in a free role and no idea if it'd work - it's probably too lightweight, but i'd like to see it

Regarding the stats, there's probably other common denominators that could be found in our home form other than Perkins starting - and it could be that he's been selected to start against those teams who it was assumed would pose us most problems - so i don't put too much store in them. That certainly wasn't the case today

Given our home win record, all teams pose us problems, including ourselves.

Perkins is not the answer.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bradford match thread on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 2919 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 22:59 - Dec 29 by judd

Given our home win record, all teams pose us problems, including ourselves.

Perkins is not the answer.

Not on his own, he's not; and not every game, or longer term

I just like seeing the ball played forward, to feet, and that's what he looks to do constantly. That's what Adshead does too. One's no longer in his prime and the other has a way to go to reach his prime

What we lack is someone who'll put himself about (within the laws of the game) to stop the opposition having their own way, to allow the playmakers to get on with it

Bradford match thread on 23:11 - Dec 29 with 2906 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 23:10 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Not on his own, he's not; and not every game, or longer term

I just like seeing the ball played forward, to feet, and that's what he looks to do constantly. That's what Adshead does too. One's no longer in his prime and the other has a way to go to reach his prime

What we lack is someone who'll put himself about (within the laws of the game) to stop the opposition having their own way, to allow the playmakers to get on with it

Perkins is having to try and do that because he gives the ball away or gets caught in possession far too much.

Bradford match thread on 23:21 - Dec 29 with 2864 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 23:11 - Dec 29 by judd

Perkins is having to try and do that because he gives the ball away or gets caught in possession far too much.

I'd say no more than our other midfielders, but it looks like it's more because he's constantly offering himself for the ball - in the end, it's a matter of perception, and having to play both defensive & attacking midfield is a big ask

Another midfielder will lose possession and the reaction is "oh, hard luck, keep your head up, have another go lad" but Perkins loses possession and it's "Fook off Perkins, you're shit" because he's expected to be faultless

Login to get fewer ads

Bradford match thread on 23:27 - Dec 29 with 2836 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 23:21 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

I'd say no more than our other midfielders, but it looks like it's more because he's constantly offering himself for the ball - in the end, it's a matter of perception, and having to play both defensive & attacking midfield is a big ask

Another midfielder will lose possession and the reaction is "oh, hard luck, keep your head up, have another go lad" but Perkins loses possession and it's "Fook off Perkins, you're shit" because he's expected to be faultless

That thought process does not apply to me. Credit where credit due, likewise muttered frustration when fooked up.

However, it is only human nature to expect costlier investments to perform at higher levels.

Bradford match thread on 23:30 - Dec 29 with 2820 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 23:27 - Dec 29 by judd

That thought process does not apply to me. Credit where credit due, likewise muttered frustration when fooked up.

However, it is only human nature to expect costlier investments to perform at higher levels.

Perform at higher levels?

Have you seen the fookin size of him??

Bradford match thread on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 2805 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 23:30 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Perform at higher levels?

Have you seen the fookin size of him??

What are you trying to imply?

Bradford match thread on 23:37 - Dec 29 with 2778 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 23:31 - Dec 29 by judd

What are you trying to imply?

That he pulled his Bantam-weight today

Bradford match thread on 23:44 - Dec 29 with 2745 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 23:37 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

That he pulled his Bantam-weight today

Choked the chicken?

Generally does.

Bradford match thread on 23:48 - Dec 29 with 2734 viewsD_Alien

Bradford match thread on 23:44 - Dec 29 by judd

Choked the chicken?

Generally does.

You've been studying his game face too much

Bradford match thread on 00:27 - Dec 30 with 2637 viewsjudd

Bradford match thread on 23:48 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

You've been studying his game face too much

Seems like he needs to shoot more often

Bradford match thread on 01:50 - Dec 30 with 2559 viewssweetcorn

Bradford match thread on 19:28 - Dec 29 by Sandymandy

We were challenging play offs at one stage, why should we now have to accept that staying in the league hoping we got lucky with a manager who makes subs after 31 minutes that make no sense, changes his keeper every game amongst the 3 we have, sends the best players away from first team. We don't know what goes on away from the 90 we see I understand that, but zak clough is a championship player where is he ? Cannon is a very very decent footballer a product of our youth that has not had a sniff all season and when he does he is class but then we don't see him for 8 weeks. The manager is too comfortable in his throne which unfortunately has made him far more arrogant to care what we, as fans, have to endure week in week out with our hard earned money.

How did the sub of adshead not make sense. He couldn't get in the game..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bradford match thread on 02:03 - Dec 30 with 2547 viewssweetcorn

Bradford match thread on 22:26 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Aye, what about Perkins... we started playing football when he came on, with the ball being taken up from the back and played to feet, forward

But i've given up on making his case on here. He has made errors in possession in previous games, but at least he takes responsibility and pushes us forwards. I'd be starting with him, Rathbone and either Adshead or Morley against Donny

How Morley hasn't seen a minute of league football is bemusing to me. He's looked more than the part in the Johnstone paint all season, whilst people like camps has looked barely average for the entirety..
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 2:04]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bradford match thread on 07:31 - Dec 30 with 2396 viewsrichfoad32

Bradford match thread on 22:44 - Dec 29 by macro

If Clough is injured then why is he still here? We must be contributing something to Forest and we haven't seen him for weeks. Surely it would've been best to terminate the loan long ago and at least save a small amount of money?
Bradford match thread on 08:02 - Dec 30 with 2349 viewsJimmyRustler

Bradford match thread on 07:31 - Dec 30 by richfoad32

If Clough is injured then why is he still here? We must be contributing something to Forest and we haven't seen him for weeks. Surely it would've been best to terminate the loan long ago and at least save a small amount of money?

Clough is without a doubt the most disappointing and anticlimatic signing in the history of our club.
Bradford match thread on 08:05 - Dec 30 with 2341 views1907

Bradford match thread on 19:44 - Dec 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Was it not rathbone that gave away the freekick that led to their 2nd goal........the lad is keen but heedless!

Everyone in the crowd knows we are shite at defending set pieces........just don't concede them thickos!

That entire move was started by yet another pathetic defensive header from Delaney.
Bradford match thread on 08:28 - Dec 30 with 2303 viewsfitzochris

Bradford match thread on 08:02 - Dec 30 by JimmyRustler

Clough is without a doubt the most disappointing and anticlimatic signing in the history of our club.

And in terms of expense v game time, probably one of the costliest, too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bradford match thread on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 2188 viewsdingdangblue

Bradford match thread on 08:28 - Dec 30 by fitzochris

And in terms of expense v game time, probably one of the costliest, too.

What's his wage then? Double Calvin's?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bradford match thread on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 2185 viewssmaclad1

Never mind the football, there are some Bradford fans who focus on more important things -

It doesnā€™t add up for me! Simon Parker in the T&A, ā€˜A travelling army of 2,507 Bantams fans were in party mood as their team dominated in Lancashireā€™. https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...-blog-rochdale-0-bradford-city-3/?ref=mr&l

ā€˜...the whole of this stand can be given to visiting fans increasing the allocation to 3,650.ā€™ Football Groungs Guide. https://www.footballgroundguide.com...ale.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-support

There is a brief film in Parkerā€™s Blog at 3.10 which suggests the stand was 90/95% full
Bradford match thread on 09:59 - Dec 30 with 2036 viewsSalwaDale

Bradford match thread on 08:02 - Dec 30 by JimmyRustler

Iā€™m not sure. Lee Hodges still holds that record for me.

TBBT

Bradford match thread on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 1938 viewsDale23years

Men against boys, utter embarrassment every single players need to have a look at themselves in the mirror.

As for Keith the bucks stops with you, tactically clueless and your football is outdated ,but it's ok we know you've given up a lot to manage this club.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 10:32]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024