Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy Unfolding....... 19:46 - Jan 2 with 18476 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

1) The board wanted to sack Hill, Dunphy wouldn't allow this under his Chairmanship, so has gone.

2) Hill knows of the wishes of the new board via Dunphy and a deal has been stuck that if Hill raises/Cuts from the remainder of this seasons budget £400,000 this January, he will be paid off in full.

3) No worthwhile training is currently taking place as the atmosphere at the club is so toxic.

So at present, the payoffometer is at :-

AC - £150,000
BM - £ 30,000
SH - £ 40,000

Watch this space on :-

DP - £60,000
AW - Pay off half of his remaining contract £30,000
CA - £40,000

So that would leave about £50,000 left to find in January.

Makes absolute sense, Hilly gets the pay off he deserves, no financial burden to the club, the new manager has room to shape shift the rest of the squad.

Can anyone come up with a better one :-)

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 22:56 - Jan 3 with 2349 viewsTVOS1907

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 22:55 - Jan 3 by rochdale_ranger

You have each other’s numbers? Sounds a bit clicky to me.

Aye, the O2 Clique or any other mobile provider you care to mention.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:05 - Jan 3 with 2309 viewsSuddenLad

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 22:50 - Jan 3 by rochdale_ranger

Buy saturdays edition of the voice of spotland to find out.
Who’s said the club is run like a playground
Why little jack is being fooked off
And what vintage Dunphys wine was and many other fun facts.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 22:51]

I'm more concerned as to whether Directors seriously expect to receive payments for travelling to away matches. Is that seriously being debated in the Boardroom and if so, when will the vote take place.?

What is the projected cost of this policy to the club over a season ?

How much do they consider will be an 'appropriate' amount to receive for following the Dale. ?

Why was there no representative from the newly elected Board of Directors present when Chris Dunphy was presented with his parting gift ?

Why have the parking permits been withdrawn from former Directors who have given years of service and untold amounts of cash to sustain the club ? On whose instruction was this decision made. ? (Smacks as an act of spite)

These are all stories that have emerged in the last couple of weeks by one route or another and they either need debunking once and for all, or explanations need to be given.

Not too difficult, surely.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:06 - Jan 3 with 2297 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 22:51 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

I'm sure there isn't a law against editing posts when extra thoughts come into one's head. Isn't that what the facility is there for?

You're right, Col doesn't have to answer to me or anybody, but me or anybody can still ask questions, can we not? He might have even texted me in confidence for all you or anyone else knows.

As for your other points, I'm not at liberty to say, I'm afraid, as content is embargoed by the club until it goes on sale.

Edit: It's also for the club to report any such words on their own website, probably in tomorrow's pre-match stuff, as those words have come from there and it's not my place to pre-empt them on an unofficial forum.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 23:01]

Great news for those who can't wait until the programme goes on sale.

Is the squad list up to date on the back page or was it printed weeks ago?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:09 - Jan 3 with 2272 viewsTVOS1907

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:06 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

The squad list is up to date as of Wednesday afternoon.

Like I said, there will probably be official words from the manager tomorrow, as is the case every week. It's not my place to pre-empt that on an unofficial forum, especially as I haven't written any of those words.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:10 - Jan 3 with 2263 viewsfitzochris

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:06 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

You’re coming across as a prick now. Trying to hang someone out to dry because they’ve the gumption to disagree with you.

Have a look at what you were posting this time last year. Flannel of the same length but from the opposite side of the fence. I’ve bumped in case you’ve forgotten.

As I say, we’re all hypocrites.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:11 - Jan 3 with 2257 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:05 - Jan 3 by SuddenLad

I'm more concerned as to whether Directors seriously expect to receive payments for travelling to away matches. Is that seriously being debated in the Boardroom and if so, when will the vote take place.?

How much do they consider will be an 'appropriate' amount to receive for following the Dale. ?

Why was there no representative from the newly elected Board of Directors present when Chris Dunphy was presented with his parting gift ?

Why have the parking permits been withdrawn from former Directors who have given years of service and untold amounts of cash to sustain the club ? On whose instruction was this decision made. ? (Smacks as an act of spite)

These are all stories that have emerged in the last couple of weeks by one route or another and they either need debunking once and for all, or explanations need to be given.

Given the Directors are appointed and re-appointed by the shareholders would the Board solicit a shareholder vote on those questions.

I'm not sure if the Trust are shareholding or not, but if not, they should be.

I'll be amazed if you get straight answers to those questions anywhere.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:13 - Jan 3 with 2237 viewsTVOS1907

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:05 - Jan 3 by SuddenLad

Graham Rawlinson was pitchside when Chris Dunphy was given his parting gift, as per DY's match photos.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:14 - Jan 3 with 2223 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:13 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

Graham Rawlinson was pitchside when Chris Dunphy was given his parting gift, as per DY's match photos.

The other board members were there also?

Or otherwise engaged?

Were they even all at the game?

Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:16 - Jan 3 with 2215 viewsSuddenLad

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:13 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

Yes, I saw him and spoke to him, but he hardly represents the 'new guard' as it were. Where was the new Chairman ? Where was the CEO ? Poor show for someone like CD, who deserved a better 'presence'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:22 - Jan 3 with 2176 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:16 - Jan 3 by SuddenLad

Yes, I saw him and spoke to him, but he hardly represents the 'new guard' as it were. Where was the new Chairman ? Where was the CEO ? Poor show for someone like CD, who deserved a better 'presence'.

30 years in an organisation. 12 years as its leader.

Never mind Hilly, Chris Dunphy might win "Best Ever Chairman"

We are not talking here about a hire temp who worked for a few weeks and then we never saw them again.

It's a question that doesn't have a easy answer though and personalities aside all it takes is to stand together and have your picture taken and smile.

The politicians nearly manage it every time there is leaders summit and these are a Board who've travelled the country together over the last 12 years.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:25 - Jan 3 with 2147 viewsTVOS1907

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:14 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

The other board members were there also?

Or otherwise engaged?

Were they even all at the game?

Dunno, I was only referring to what can be seen on the match gallery on the official website.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/gallery--bradford-city-h/

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:28 - Jan 3 with 2120 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:25 - Jan 3 by TVOS1907

Dunno, I was only referring to what can be seen on the match gallery on the official website.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/gallery--bradford-city-h/

It's ok TVOS. We all already know the answer.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:39 - Jan 3 with 2067 viewsD_Alien

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:28 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

It's ok TVOS. We all already know the answer.

Might i remind you of your call for unity, yesterday

Why do that, then try to sow disunity today?

Not interested in an answer, just think on it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:42 - Jan 3 with 2044 viewsMoonyDale

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:10 - Jan 3 by fitzochris

You’re coming across as a prick now. Trying to hang someone out to dry because they’ve the gumption to disagree with you.

Have a look at what you were posting this time last year. Flannel of the same length but from the opposite side of the fence. I’ve bumped in case you’ve forgotten.

Only now? Id say much longer than that....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 00:16 - Jan 4 with 1949 viewskiwidale

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 19:58 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

How about...

There was a decision to increase the playing budget this season, to ensure we didn’t endure a repeat of last season’s league performance.

This decision was not unanimous and caused further unrest when some perceived Hill to have used the said budget to “reward players who almost saw us relegated with pay rises”, as well as bringing in two players on contracts that surpass market value/length based on age. It would seem Hill now feels those players have let him down.

We are also making a significant financial contribution to Zach Clough’s loan, which wouldn’t be so bad if he’d had the impact everybody thought he would.

The above led to a stark assessment of our finances and, even before we bowed out of the FA Cup, the need to trim the squad and secure a transfer fee was identified as a way of getting us back into some model of operational sustainability. Again, this decision was not unanimous and we are now where we are in terms of serving board members.

In short, it is believed, by some, that Hill has developed a messiah complex and thinks himself untouchable. In truth, his radical personnel changes from match to match and the obscure reasoning behind his training sessions (when he actually attends them) is only serving to alienate board members, players and supporters alike.

Just a theory, mind.

Chris... on the first read I thought your post was just a bit of internet bollockery not to be taken too seriously on a thread titled "Conspiracy Unfolding", however on a second read and subsequent posts I now believe it to be serious and accurate... Judd has made comment about a bigger ego (than Hill) in town (club) waiting to make a name for themselves Judd's post in itself was vague and could be easily dismissed until I saw who voted his post Up namely yourself, TVOS and Sudden lad, it was that amongst subsequent posts including the deleted post from nick nick ( I did not see it) that gave credence to your initial post. If anybody on here has an ear to the ground and information not public it would be you and TVOS, no disrespect to Sudden Lad, nothing stays secret too long in a situation like this... Cols stewardship of this board has been exemplary from day one and should be recognised, however I think in this instance it would be naïve to believe that Col got honest answers to whatever questions that were asked.

just my two penny worth... what do I know.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 0:19]

This is not the time for bickering.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 01:50 - Jan 4 with 1877 viewsmikehunt

Could I just ask re. my little worry about things that could go wrong with our club? Namely, now that we own the ground, could we get another Tommy Cannon situation? Can we trust the new crew? I am already concerned by the rumour that they want to pay themselves for travelling to matches. Not the sort of thing you want to hear when so many things seem to be going wrong at the moment.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 02:22 - Jan 4 with 1861 viewskiwidale

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 01:50 - Jan 4 by mikehunt

Could I just ask re. my little worry about things that could go wrong with our club? Namely, now that we own the ground, could we get another Tommy Cannon situation? Can we trust the new crew? I am already concerned by the rumour that they want to pay themselves for travelling to matches. Not the sort of thing you want to hear when so many things seem to be going wrong at the moment.

Am I alone in thinking the new chairman is a ring in or puppet for those who really hold the power? I don't know I'm only asking the question, someone on here knows but is withholding information and are probably right to do so, the deleted post which I did not read speaks volumes. Something has gone badly wrong and it does not bode well.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 2:25]

This is not the time for bickering.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 07:22 - Jan 4 with 1731 viewssmaclad1

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:22 - Jan 3 by RAFCBLUE

30 years in an organisation. 12 years as its leader.

Never mind Hilly, Chris Dunphy might win "Best Ever Chairman"

We are not talking here about a hire temp who worked for a few weeks and then we never saw them again.

It's a question that doesn't have a easy answer though and personalities aside all it takes is to stand together and have your picture taken and smile.

The politicians nearly manage it every time there is leaders summit and these are a Board who've travelled the country together over the last 12 years.

Of the Dunphy-era Board members who may have travelled the length of the country, only one remains and as has been posted he was present. Of the three new Board members, who knows - but this was a Christmas/New Year period match, the Board members will have families, may have been away and other commitments ahead of the football. I didn't make the Boxing Day game as I was away for Christmas and wasn't back home - I've had the fixture list since June. So new Board members may not have been there and there has been no confirmation either way (and with respect there is no reason why there should be) - Board arrangements only started falling into place in the last 5-6 weeks.

And what was the intent behind the pitchside presentation - surely it was an opportunity for the fans to show appreciation - there may be other arrangements for the Board and senior staff (and with respect there is no reason why these should be publicised if there are).

But hey, the new Board have been in place for a week. Let's demonise the bastards. What have they ever done?
Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 07:45 - Jan 4 with 1701 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 01:50 - Jan 4 by mikehunt

I suppose its a tricky one when club employees have been promoted to the board and when a director takes over the CEO role that has been a paid role.

Do the employees see going to away games as 'extra duties' so want paying for their time, or do the none employed directors think, i'm not being paid, so why should I fund my own trip?

The board have allowed the manager to call the shots, the manager takes no personal responsibility and wants to blame the players and the fans, a number of players have been treated like sh!t, which has caused them to down tools or leave the club and we hear nothing because the media officer now has an assistant who probably thinks they should be doing more!

On top of this, the employees who are now on the board probably also think that they are as untouchable as the manager does!

One things for sure, is that we are like a rudderless ship at the minute!

The new chairman doesn't need to be at the club every day, but the one thing that he does need to do is gain control of the club and ensure that everyone knows their role and their responsibilities.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 8:06]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 07:46 - Jan 4 with 1700 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:10 - Jan 3 by fitzochris

Thanks fitzochris.

I think as I said in another post what is interesting, is that you in reminding me of a load of things that were weakness and that are still weaknesses we've treaded water for 12 months as a club mainly off the field and a lack of investment on it.

And what's really interesting is if you read that old thread again I can't see a lot blaming Keith Hill solely, whereas folk are now.

It's an interesting shift and the only tangible difference between a year ago and today is that we have no FA Cup run to look forward to.

And I'm sure you've written a lot of flannel in your time and got paid for it - I've even read some of it!

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 08:02 - Jan 4 with 1673 viewsfitzochris

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 07:46 - Jan 4 by RAFCBLUE

Thanks fitzochris.

I think as I said in another post what is interesting, is that you in reminding me of a load of things that were weakness and that are still weaknesses we've treaded water for 12 months as a club mainly off the field and a lack of investment on it.

And what's really interesting is if you read that old thread again I can't see a lot blaming Keith Hill solely, whereas folk are now.

It's an interesting shift and the only tangible difference between a year ago and today is that we have no FA Cup run to look forward to.

And I'm sure you've written a lot of flannel in your time and got paid for it - I've even read some of it!

... And paid for it, I hope.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 08:23 - Jan 4 with 1621 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 07:22 - Jan 4 by smaclad1

Of the Dunphy-era Board members who may have travelled the length of the country, only one remains and as has been posted he was present. Of the three new Board members, who knows - but this was a Christmas/New Year period match, the Board members will have families, may have been away and other commitments ahead of the football. I didn't make the Boxing Day game as I was away for Christmas and wasn't back home - I've had the fixture list since June. So new Board members may not have been there and there has been no confirmation either way (and with respect there is no reason why there should be) - Board arrangements only started falling into place in the last 5-6 weeks.

And what was the intent behind the pitchside presentation - surely it was an opportunity for the fans to show appreciation - there may be other arrangements for the Board and senior staff (and with respect there is no reason why these should be publicised if there are).

But hey, the new Board have been in place for a week. Let's demonise the bastards. What have they ever done?

All fair points.

The only "official" line we had had from the Chair of the new board is this:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/statement-from-andrew-kilpatric

"I have discussed this at length with Keith Hill and he is fully bought into the changes we are making and our hopes for the continued success on the pitch.

I would ask that everybody supports these appointments."

To be fair to the people bringing up the question about should a director get paid to attend a Dale game it's a fair question.

But a new Chair has the opportunity to do things his/her way; backed by the shareholders. That's as true at RAFC as it is for Tesco.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 08:34 - Jan 4 with 1581 viewsRAFCBLUE

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 23:39 - Jan 3 by D_Alien

Might i remind you of your call for unity, yesterday

Why do that, then try to sow disunity today?

Not interested in an answer, just think on it

The call for unity was for the supporters on this board to get behind the new Chairman and the Manager after a 5-0 thumping at Doncaster which many supporters labelled disgraceful or other such adjectives.

What transpires is some subsequently, with their reasons, do not wish to. They are entitled to their view. Football is football.

Others, are clearly so unsupportive of things as a whole that are going on either behind the Chairman or the Manager or the structures they are at the head of in the club they are trying to out it.

nicknick and a few other carefully secreted posts, some subtly edited and some deleted completely post "disclosure" about finances, morale and aspects inside the camp.

So that's not an attempt to "sow disunity" that's a really obvious reflection of the summary of feelings (and posts) across many folk who post here, reminding ourselves that the vast majority of the town don't bother with their football club.

Not forgetting we have a winnable home game tomorrow at 3pm.

Let us see what the transfer window tombola of Mad Friday will bring for our club in terms of further players out and in.

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 08:37 - Jan 4 with 1569 viewsjudd

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 02:22 - Jan 4 by kiwidale

Am I alone in thinking the new chairman is a ring in or puppet for those who really hold the power? I don't know I'm only asking the question, someone on here knows but is withholding information and are probably right to do so, the deleted post which I did not read speaks volumes. Something has gone badly wrong and it does not bode well.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 2:25]

The new Chairman has the largest single shareholding, is an investment banker and I doubt is anybody's stool pigeon.

The deleted post is irrelevant.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Conspiracy Unfolding....... on 08:49 - Jan 4 with 1517 viewsscooby

I don’t get the issue with travel to away games being paid? It’s a standard business expense assuming travel is in the capacity of the club. Train fares or 45p a mile in a car. I can’t even see the costs hitting £20k per year.

If you have to travel for your company or business, HMRC allow you to claim expenses, why are people picking on this one “valid” expense?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024