Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fingers crossed for BBM 23:00 - Mar 8 with 19473 viewscrazyhorse

Bit nervous and raw in the interview.

However an honest man and his humble demeaner shows through. I imagine he's blown away with the opportunity to manage at league level. His family also.

Only a few games to prove himself.

really looking forward to the game, 2nd game in two years after drifting away and hope he can juice a great performance out of this rabble.
fingers crossed for BBM on 21:17 - Mar 9 with 2975 viewsKenBoon

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:20 - Mar 9 by fitzochris

That aside for a second, people are referring to “last man red cards” and saying they don’t know what distance “has to do with it”. I’m trying to point to the laws, so that we can all debate this in the right platform.

The old "last man" foul will usually be the denying of a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity though. Henderson was clear of all defenders within shooting distance of the goal. He also had the ball under his control. Their lad got away with one.
fingers crossed for BBM on 21:23 - Mar 9 with 2944 viewsrochdale_ranger

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:28 - Mar 9 by nordenblue

Can't see what Inman offers at all,think he's better coming off the bench and that's not saying much,the amount of times he loses a 70/30 ball is quite amazing. Thought Bunney was generally ok,just feel he gets himself too involved in petty squabbles that end up influencing his decision making.
Big Jim was decent with some quality timed tackles partnered by the impressive EEL and Ntlhe.

Special mention for Lonergan, a couple of genuine world class match winning saves,the guy deserves far better than the mess he's sadly found himself playing behind too often since hes come to us.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:29]

Was sat in front of two blokes who thought he had a good game. I think he is a total passenger. Lightweight and shits out of tackles to much. Glad to see big Jim have a good game and our defence in general just looking a lot less panicky. I think Shrewsbury had about five corners before the end of the first half, that would of been five goals shipped in a few week ago.
fingers crossed for BBM on 21:23 - Mar 9 with 2942 views49thseason

Its the inconsistency that is the real problem, that and the inabilitynto apply even the simplest of laws of the game like taking throw ins from where the ball goes out of play and booking one player for a trip and not booking another for a virtualy identical deliberate trip. Foul throws, climbing all over players, holding and pulling shirts, should either all be allowed or all be penalised. . I thought the officials today were worse than poor. The referee seemed to avoid some decisions , like the handball in the box after half time that could have made it 3 nil, the speed at which he waved it away made me think he saw it and bottled it.
fingers crossed for BBM on 21:24 - Mar 9 with 2935 viewsD_Alien

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:17 - Mar 9 by KenBoon

The old "last man" foul will usually be the denying of a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity though. Henderson was clear of all defenders within shooting distance of the goal. He also had the ball under his control. Their lad got away with one.

He had the ball under his control? Don't be silly. The ball was nowhere near him when he deliberately ran across the defender to draw the foul

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:26 - Mar 9 with 2915 views442Dale

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:17 - Mar 9 by KenBoon

Didn’t someone say he was 40 yards out? Shooting from there, who does he think he is, Steve O’Shaughnessy?!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:29 - Mar 9 with 2885 viewsJames1980

Regarding the not sending off incident, what about Keith Keane's red card against Portsmouth last season? I would say Hendo had a much better opportunity to score than the Pompey player Keane brought down had.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:35 - Mar 9 with 2849 views442Dale

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:29 - Mar 9 by James1980

Regarding the not sending off incident, what about Keith Keane's red card against Portsmouth last season? I would say Hendo had a much better opportunity to score than the Pompey player Keane brought down had.

From memory, the Pompey player was about five yards outside the area, albeit at an angle.

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 2779 viewsSunningDale

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:29 - Mar 9 by James1980

Would you say it's your opinion that people have already made up their minds about the Hendo incident and they won't change them no matter what?

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Login to get fewer ads

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:06 - Mar 9 with 2697 viewsShun

fingers crossed for BBM on 20:34 - Mar 9 by onedalefan

Without seeing it again, was he closer to the goal than the last defender? If as I saw it, Henderson stepped into the defender to draw the foul, then they were at least level with each other. In that case, yellow would be the correct decision.

Yes, he was. As mentioned by a number of people there was no other player in between him and the goalkeeper. He was clean through. The defender fouled him from behind. Whether Henderson drew the foul is irrelevant, because a yellow card was given - either it should’ve been a red card or no foul at all.
fingers crossed for BBM on 22:09 - Mar 9 with 2665 viewsJames1980

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:35 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

From memory, the Pompey player was about five yards outside the area, albeit at an angle.

True but that angle was mighty tight.

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:12 - Mar 9 with 2652 viewsJames1980

fingers crossed for BBM on 21:51 - Mar 9 by SunningDale

Would you say it's your opinion that people have already made up their minds about the Hendo incident and they won't change them no matter what?

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:13 - Mar 9 with 2649 views442Dale

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:06 - Mar 9 by Shun

Yes, he was. As mentioned by a number of people there was no other player in between him and the goalkeeper. He was clean through. The defender fouled him from behind. Whether Henderson drew the foul is irrelevant, because a yellow card was given - either it should’ve been a red card or no foul at all.

Aren’t most of us going off one viewing (live) of it though? Those who saw ifollow had the chance to watch it again to add to their opinion, the rest of us may need further viewings. Even then it’ll still be an opinion, one that the ref had and we saw the yellow. That’s football.

If it was a mistake, so be it. So was Henderson’s miss.

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:14 - Mar 9 with 2649 viewsdingdangblue

fingers crossed for BBM on 18:45 - Mar 9 by Nigeriamark

Nkosi comes from me suddenly developing Dyslexia around his name !! I think I spelt it that way once and confirmed it in my spellchecker so it prompts that every time. Early signs of senility creeping in.

I’d almost forgotten Rathbone, definitely brought some energy as you say. I checked on I follow the Hendo booking and agree that the left back who was the next closest would not have got back in time to stop Hendo shooting. However in fairness to the ref ( and in line with what Fitzochris thought) I had to check again on I follow because the incident was 40 yards from goal & it would have been hard to judge that nearest defender. The ref doesn’t get that choice & his angles would not have given him the best view ( where is VAR when you need it)

Bit Harsh on ZC, he only came on in the 88th minute . I would like to see him get 2 or 3 full games, against weaker opposition especially.

My 2 main worries after today would be having both Inman and Bunney in the starting 11 as I think they are both lightweight. I would start Tuesday with the other 9 starters from today and at max only one of those 2. I would like to see eitherZC or Done start

Bunney was superb today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:28 - Mar 9 with 2573 viewsdingdangblue

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:59 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

The only way your cause won't be lost is by trying to get the ref's correct decision overturned. But first, i suggest you read up on the laws of the game

Good luck with that

It looked like a red to me.
Hendo running through onto the throughball and the defender practically rugby tackling him to the floor. He's goalside and would definitely have had a goalscoring chance. As for it being 40 yards from goal - the ref must have awarded the freekick from the wrong place because Camps shot certainly wasn't 40 yards out?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:37 - Mar 9 with 2535 viewsSaxonDale

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:13 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

Aren’t most of us going off one viewing (live) of it though? Those who saw ifollow had the chance to watch it again to add to their opinion, the rest of us may need further viewings. Even then it’ll still be an opinion, one that the ref had and we saw the yellow. That’s football.

If it was a mistake, so be it. So was Henderson’s miss.

Henderson’s miss came at a deceptively awkward height in fairness to him.
fingers crossed for BBM on 22:38 - Mar 9 with 2528 viewsSandyman

Changes observed at today's game.

Waking up and looking forward to watching Dale and enjoying a game.
Trying (up until the very late stages) to get the ball forward instead of sideways/backwards. It worked.
Players looking like they really cared and wanted to succeed. Not seen that so obviously in ages.
Regularly leaving a man up when defending a corner.
Defending!
Nice to see the caretaker manager NOT spending half time ponsing up and down by the dugouts at COA talking to whoever instead of being in the dressing room sorting things out. BBM last out for the second half, and lo, we score :D
Used to think Calvin put a shift in. For the short time he was on the pitch he didn't look bothered. Is he missing somebody?
Hearing songs sung from the terraces again.
People smiling on the way out at full time.
Planning to go to away games again instead of dismissing them as a waste of time and money.

The vibes around Spotland are certainly more positive following recent changes.
fingers crossed for BBM on 23:14 - Mar 9 with 2408 viewsJimmyRustler

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:57 - Mar 9 by rochdaleriddler

I bet he aint

Why not?
fingers crossed for BBM on 00:32 - Mar 10 with 2250 viewsoddjob007

fingers crossed for BBM on 22:38 - Mar 9 by Sandyman

Changes observed at today's game.

Waking up and looking forward to watching Dale and enjoying a game.
Trying (up until the very late stages) to get the ball forward instead of sideways/backwards. It worked.
Players looking like they really cared and wanted to succeed. Not seen that so obviously in ages.
Regularly leaving a man up when defending a corner.
Defending!
Nice to see the caretaker manager NOT spending half time ponsing up and down by the dugouts at COA talking to whoever instead of being in the dressing room sorting things out. BBM last out for the second half, and lo, we score :D
Used to think Calvin put a shift in. For the short time he was on the pitch he didn't look bothered. Is he missing somebody?
Hearing songs sung from the terraces again.
People smiling on the way out at full time.
Planning to go to away games again instead of dismissing them as a waste of time and money.

The vibes around Spotland are certainly more positive following recent changes.

Ditto

although. Disagree on Calvin. He was encouraging and offering advice prior to before he came on.... think Ronaldo stood on the touchline in the World Cup and Neymar stood on the sidelines in PSG vs MU during the week.

No question of his commitment for me.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 1:36]
fingers crossed for BBM on 09:18 - Mar 10 with 1965 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/freeview-bbmpostshrews_090319/

Another good interview, really positive. And it’s great we are getting the longer versions of these on freeview too.

fingers crossed for BBM on 09:28 - Mar 10 with 1922 viewstony_roch975

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:00 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

I thought the Ntlhe/Bunney combo on the left was pretty good

Inman though, is a different matter. He should've been subbed much earlier

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:02]

Agree - that combo (often + Rathbone) was essential in correcting our previous left-side vulnerability. But above all I think it was the return to 3 at the back & WBs which worked - as it did at the end last season. Why did Hill abandon it!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

fingers crossed for BBM on 09:39 - Mar 10 with 1894 viewsnordenblue

fingers crossed for BBM on 09:18 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/freeview-bbmpostshrews_090319/

Another good interview, really positive. And it’s great we are getting the longer versions of these on freeview too.

What a truly honest and humble interview,a massively refreshing change from the dribble we've become used to.

My only question would be why the hell has he been kept away from media duties for this long,he comes across as genuine as you could ever be and very informative,keep up the good work BBM.
fingers crossed for BBM on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 1881 viewsNorthernDale

I thought we played well for most of the game, we pressed them and never gave them much time on the ball, the players supported each other and so allowed them to lay the ball of when they got into difficulties and crucially the got the ball into the box at the first
opportunity. They did not try to over pass the ball or seek to walk it into the box, so giving the opposition to get organised, which was good to see and meant that we created chances.

However when BBM brought on Dooley and Andrew, it was like Keith was back , Dooley lacked pace and just passing the ball back, rather then running at the Shrewsbury defence,. It was the same with Andrew, he came on and did the same old thing, nothing, he just jogged about, was yards behind the play and never put the Shrewsbury defence under any pressure. The introduction of Dooley and Andrew could have cost us the game, but for once our lucked held and we got the points.

Hopefully BBM will adopt the same tactics that got us two up and attack Oxford with the same early passion on Tuesday in the hope of getting another three points, so I felt there many positives from the game., but still some negatives, but for once I went home happy.
fingers crossed for BBM on 09:50 - Mar 10 with 1865 viewstony_roch975

fingers crossed for BBM on 19:39 - Mar 9 by TVOS1907

Don’t forget that Ethan Hamilton will also be available on Tuesday.

If he does play I hope it's in attacking m/field role (replacing Inman?) - giving Camps a proper defensive partner in MJW made us much more solid in m/field (another advantage of 3 at the back!) I know Camps gets a lot of stick on here but I thought he was excellent in both defence & attack (not forgetting that classy free kick).

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

fingers crossed for BBM on 10:51 - Mar 10 with 1740 viewsD_Alien

fingers crossed for BBM on 09:50 - Mar 10 by tony_roch975

If he does play I hope it's in attacking m/field role (replacing Inman?) - giving Camps a proper defensive partner in MJW made us much more solid in m/field (another advantage of 3 at the back!) I know Camps gets a lot of stick on here but I thought he was excellent in both defence & attack (not forgetting that classy free kick).

Camps did look a bit more focused yesterday, and earned his place. MJ didn't have the best of games but he's lacking match sharpness and as you say, we did look more solid

Agree with the Hamilton for Inman swap too, otherwise same XI

fingers crossed for BBM on 12:40 - Mar 10 with 1625 viewsD_Alien

fingers crossed for BBM on 09:39 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

What a truly honest and humble interview,a massively refreshing change from the dribble we've become used to.

My only question would be why the hell has he been kept away from media duties for this long,he comes across as genuine as you could ever be and very informative,keep up the good work BBM.

Fully agree

Also loved the way the SkyBet sign behind him makes it look like he's wearing large loop earrings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024