Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale 21:55 - Feb 15 with 18469 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54229/match-preview-blackpo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:09 - Feb 16 with 2511 views442Dale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:03 - Feb 16 by rich_dale

Given our issues defensively and at full back, it must be worth trying three CBs with wing backs. The personnel we have does suggest it. Bringing Lund back into midfield would steel up the middle too. Too many square pegs at the moment.

That’s the biggest problem: not the formation we play but the way we seem to get stuck with one for blocks of time. It was 4-3-3 for ages with players like Rathbone ending up as one of the forward three, now it’s seemingly 4-4-2 at the exclusion of everything else as Lund’s effectiveness reduces being ten yards further up the pitch.

5-3-2 would make perfect sense tonight if the intention was to bring McNulty back, as it is we are now stuck with at least three players in roles they wouldn’t prefer.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:13 - Feb 16 with 2431 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:07 - Feb 16 by boromat

Just glad McShane is there to rile them up at half time

Let's not hope he shouts too loud for fear of injury...
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:14 - Feb 16 with 2422 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 19:52 - Feb 16 by tony_roch975

and it's what many on here wanted - problem is if you allow your opponents dominance of possession & territory chances are you'll go behind.

Why does it matter what people on here did or didn't want?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:19 - Feb 16 with 2326 viewsMass_Debater

Anover Everton mention.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:20 - Feb 16 with 2294 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:19 - Feb 16 by Mass_Debater

Anover Everton mention.

Good 1 son

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:21 - Feb 16 with 2275 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:14 - Feb 16 by TVOS1907

Why does it matter what people on here did or didn't want?

what was that about folk who don't follow the party line getting written off...

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:25 - Feb 16 with 2194 viewsrichfoad32

I actually thought Shaugnessy had started the second half alright, would've yanked Newby personally.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:27 - Feb 16 with 2138 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:25 - Feb 16 by richfoad32

I actually thought Shaugnessy had started the second half alright, would've yanked Newby personally.

Pardon?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:28 - Feb 16 with 2136 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:25 - Feb 16 by richfoad32

Been awful tonight for me Doesn't look fit.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:34 - Feb 16 with 1996 viewsfinberty

Back in the good old days before Hilly started over-thinking everything, one of the hallmarks of his sides was that they were very well conditioned and very fit so that they kept going at 90 minutes. By contrast, this side, in the main younger than those sides, clearly lack energy and drive. And with that, a bit of belief?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:35 - Feb 16 with 1982 viewsfinberty

Bristol get a third.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:35 - Feb 16 with 1976 viewstony_roch975

strange choice taking Done off, I'd have swopped McLaughlin for Newby & Keohane for Oshi

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:39 - Feb 16 with 1892 viewsJimmyRustler

Woeful so far. The commentator on iFollow (not the main guy) must be on mind altering drugs cause he thinks this is a better showing than the first half. Absolutely putrid. How long are we gonna put up with this dross?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:42 - Feb 16 with 1823 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:39 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

Woeful so far. The commentator on iFollow (not the main guy) must be on mind altering drugs cause he thinks this is a better showing than the first half. Absolutely putrid. How long are we gonna put up with this dross?

Mind altering drugs, you say???

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:42 - Feb 16 with 1810 viewsSaxonDale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:42 - Feb 16 by judd

Mind altering drugs, you say???

How on earth has there number 39 not been booked?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:44 - Feb 16 with 1768 viewsdawlishdale

We have actually been better since Shaughnessy went off but its still poor. Keohane guilty of a big miss when he should have equalised.

Edit Rathbone much better in central midfield.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 20:45]
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:46 - Feb 16 with 1712 viewssooty_dale

Why is Morley playing LB when we have possession?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:46 - Feb 16 with 1704 viewsfunkkk

We have been better in the second half.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:48 - Feb 16 with 1649 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:44 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

We have actually been better since Shaughnessy went off but its still poor. Keohane guilty of a big miss when he should have equalised.

It’s awful. We’ve won something like 3 in our last 20 games and we still aren’t in the bottom 4. Piss poor league this season and we are amongst the worst of the lot. If we don’t change something soon then we’re simply accepting the inevitable slide into League 2 and beyond
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:49 - Feb 16 with 1621 views442Dale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:44 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

And if we are playing 4-4-2, having two proper wide players with regular full backs behind them helps too.

Shaughnessy is wasted in that formation, so was Osho, so was Rathbone. It was obvious to all as it happened last week.

Edit: as illustrated by that move which won a corner.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 20:50]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:52 - Feb 16 with 1535 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:46 - Feb 16 by sooty_dale

Why is Morley playing LB when we have possession?

Easy way of getting one of our most creative players on the ball with lots of time and space. Unfortunately from such a deep position he then has to work miracles and not as much comes off as probably would if he was on the ball further forward. I'm sure all the "get it forward" crowd love the tactic though

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:54 - Feb 16 with 1459 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:46 - Feb 16 by funkkk

We have been better in the second half.

At the time of writing, I honestly didn’t think so. And I still don’t- I just think Blackpool have sat back even further and allowed us more of the ball, knowing that we are as toothless as an 80 year old heroin addict. It’s gash. The subs are gash. The tactics are pish. The personnel and position choice stinks. We don’t even have that bad of a squad on paper tbh; I think a half decent manager who has some sort of clue could do OK with this team
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:55 - Feb 16 with 1413 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:54 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

At the time of writing, I honestly didn’t think so. And I still don’t- I just think Blackpool have sat back even further and allowed us more of the ball, knowing that we are as toothless as an 80 year old heroin addict. It’s gash. The subs are gash. The tactics are pish. The personnel and position choice stinks. We don’t even have that bad of a squad on paper tbh; I think a half decent manager who has some sort of clue could do OK with this team

We are FORWARD LOOKING

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:56 - Feb 16 with 1397 viewsdalelee

We have been better second half.

We’ve not been great, but at least we’ve competed. First half Blackpool completely dominated and we was lucky to be only one down. Second half we’ve been better, albeit we haven’t created many chances.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 16 with 1223 viewsdawlishdale

I'm afraid BBMs ridiculous first half tactics have cost us the game tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024