Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 56560 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 14:45 - Apr 20 with 1685 viewsMaggsinho

European super league on 13:37 - Apr 20 by TGRRRSSS

Already rumours at least 2 clubs getting nervous, I reckon UEFA should ask if they want to play in Champs League semi's coming up?

After all they are basically wanting to move next year (from August) anyway.

BTW who's funding this short term, and how will they get their investment back long term, it sounds to me classic 30 gold pieces for your soul but after the initial monies gone what happens then?

JP Morgan is putting the money in, I assume they're expecting large TV/streaming deals to get their investment back.
European super league on 14:49 - Apr 20 with 1657 viewsPlanetHonneywood

European super league on 10:43 - Apr 20 by DubaiR

I say kick them out, wrestle back control. Short term pain would mean longer term gain. End up with a more competitive league, more teams capable of winning the league and they would surely end up attracting players from the self proclaimed big 6

#reclaimthegame

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

European super league on 14:54 - Apr 20 with 1623 viewswood_hoop

interesting, not too often the bookies are too far away......

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/european-super-league/the-new-european-super-le
European super league on 14:55 - Apr 20 with 1615 viewsSilverfoxqpr

European super league on 14:45 - Apr 20 by Maggsinho

JP Morgan is putting the money in, I assume they're expecting large TV/streaming deals to get their investment back.

On a similarly related note Man U and Juventus shares are through the roof the last 24 hours, now some 200M better off since the announcement, mind boggling really. The markets love it, guaranteed income every year for these 'businesses', none of this missing out on Champions League qualification (and more importantly it's TV income) rubbish. Fighting a losing battle stopping this I reckon.
European super league on 15:06 - Apr 20 with 1531 viewsNorthantsHoop

Money talks, shame the government with all their puff on potential legislation to stop super league etc. were not interested in how teams, fans and communities lower down the pyramid like Bury and Macclesfield, Bolton and Wigan for example have been run into the ground by unfit owners etc.
European super league on 15:15 - Apr 20 with 1496 viewsPhildo

its starting to fall apart already isnt it.
European super league on 15:17 - Apr 20 with 1487 viewswood_hoop

European super league on 15:06 - Apr 20 by NorthantsHoop

Money talks, shame the government with all their puff on potential legislation to stop super league etc. were not interested in how teams, fans and communities lower down the pyramid like Bury and Macclesfield, Bolton and Wigan for example have been run into the ground by unfit owners etc.

All pifel, wouldn't be a vote winner, Johnson will not/can not do anything, but you can be sure whatever they do will be 'fantastic'', will need an 'inquiry' but due to legal complications the reusult will not appear before 6th May.
European super league on 15:21 - Apr 20 with 1472 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just play hardball.

However, unless there’s a clear disciplinary breach, they won’t be kicked out of current competitions. They’re contracted into it and could sue for loss of revenue.

I’d make it known if they do not withdraw from this they will be excluded from next season’s competitions hosted by their national FAs and UEFA. The FA/Premiership could reform around them. I think fans would rally in support.

I’d also stipulate any efforts at rapprochement would be given fair consideration, but any return to the fold would see them rejoin in division 4. That would mean if all six rejoined, at least three would not get promoted in the first season. I really cannot see their Thai, Singaporean Malay fan base getting excited by two seasons of mucking out at Mansfield.

Football has to learn from the missed opportunity governments had at gaining control over banks in 2008, and take back control. Ironic as I said earlier, it’s the US banks driving this and football should man up get its arms out and have a ‘kin ‘ave it you caaants attitude with the dirty dozen.

Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 15:26 - Apr 20 with 1441 viewsLowerloftLad

already rumours of both Chelskum and city getting cold feet with them saying we only went along with what the other four was doing

i can see one side pulling out and the whole thing will collapse

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

European super league on 15:35 - Apr 20 with 1393 viewsMaggsinho

European super league on 15:21 - Apr 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Just play hardball.

However, unless there’s a clear disciplinary breach, they won’t be kicked out of current competitions. They’re contracted into it and could sue for loss of revenue.

I’d make it known if they do not withdraw from this they will be excluded from next season’s competitions hosted by their national FAs and UEFA. The FA/Premiership could reform around them. I think fans would rally in support.

I’d also stipulate any efforts at rapprochement would be given fair consideration, but any return to the fold would see them rejoin in division 4. That would mean if all six rejoined, at least three would not get promoted in the first season. I really cannot see their Thai, Singaporean Malay fan base getting excited by two seasons of mucking out at Mansfield.

Football has to learn from the missed opportunity governments had at gaining control over banks in 2008, and take back control. Ironic as I said earlier, it’s the US banks driving this and football should man up get its arms out and have a ‘kin ‘ave it you caaants attitude with the dirty dozen.

The rules of the Premier League seem to forbid them. Look at Rule L9

“Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:

L.9.1 - The UEFA Champions League
L.9.2 - The UEFA Europa League
L.9.3 - The FA Cup
L.9.4 - The FA Community Shield
L.9.5 - The Football League Cup or
L.9.6 - Competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.”
European super league on 15:37 - Apr 20 with 1384 viewsstowmarketrange

European super league on 15:26 - Apr 20 by LowerloftLad

already rumours of both Chelskum and city getting cold feet with them saying we only went along with what the other four was doing

That’s a shame because I can see the sw6 cnu ts winning the champions league again next month.And the FA cup.And their women look like they’re going to sweep the board too.
European super league on 15:38 - Apr 20 with 1378 viewstoboboly

European super league on 15:37 - Apr 20 by stowmarketrange

That’s a shame because I can see the sw6 cnu ts winning the champions league again next month.And the FA cup.And their women look like they’re going to sweep the board too.

Might be too late for them, between a rock and a hard place. Just kick them all out FA and let us go back to enjoying football

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

European super league on 15:39 - Apr 20 with 1373 viewsMickS

Like getting caught doing something naughty and blaming the kid in the corner.

It’s feckin’ laughable.
European super league on 15:39 - Apr 20 with 1374 viewsCliff

European super league on 15:35 - Apr 20 by Maggsinho

“Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:

L.9.3 - The FA Cup
L.9.6 - Competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.”

Well spotted, and the key bit for me is "shall not enter or play", that wording - separating entering and playing as different - would seem to suggest they can be punished for signing (i.e. entering) the new league.
European super league on 15:47 - Apr 20 with 1332 viewstraininvain

City and Chelsea just hedging their bets as they’re still in the champions league. It’ll make it all the sweeter if they both get kicked out of the champions league semis.
European super league on 15:51 - Apr 20 with 1306 viewsCliff

European super league on 15:47 - Apr 20 by traininvain

City and Chelsea just hedging their bets as they’re still in the champions league. It’ll make it all the sweeter if they both get kicked out of the champions league semis.

Apparently Joseph Moller, an EUFA executive committee member has said in an interview that their is an extraordinary meeting of the committee this Friday whose purpose is to look at the participation of 3 of the 4 semi-finalists to see if they should be kicked out and if so how to proceed. His view is they should go.
European super league on 15:59 - Apr 20 with 1266 viewsRangersDave

European super league on 06:58 - Apr 20 by distortR

yeah, I really see this as potentially a positive move.
If the future of the remaining clubs can be secured in the first instance.
but how will Everton and Liverpool fans feel, no more derbies?

Wayne Rooney's Derby mate, get it right!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

European super league on 15:59 - Apr 20 with 1266 viewsQPR_John

L.9.3 - The FA Cup

L.9.6 what happens if the relevant County Associations sanction the Super League
European super league on 16:00 - Apr 20 with 1261 viewsWatfordR

Point is, it doesn't matter whether these six clubs go off and do their thing now or later. If it doesn't happen now, they'll continue to plan to do it in a way that suits them better later.

There is an opportunity to slap these f@kkers down right now. Kick them out, leave them with nothing but their ESL project.

If the consequences of them leaving for the ESL had been to bring an end to professional football in this country, does anyone think for one minute that they wouldn't have gone ahead and done it anyway?

It's Us vs Them. Quite likely Us or Them. Time to put Us first. IMO.
European super league on 16:00 - Apr 20 with 1250 viewsCliff

European super league on 15:51 - Apr 20 by Cliff

Apparently Joseph Moller, an EUFA executive committee member has said in an interview that their is an extraordinary meeting of the committee this Friday whose purpose is to look at the participation of 3 of the 4 semi-finalists to see if they should be kicked out and if so how to proceed. His view is they should go.

On a lighter note ....

I was just starting to type something along the lines of "At first I was angry ...." and for some reason the Gloria Gayner song "I will survive" popped into my head, and now bloody leave!

I think the song is really appropriate, at first (as I said earlier) I was angry, and although I don't want the 6 including Chelsea to go (otherwise how can we beat them), I think it's better than allowing them to stay and might just revitalise English footie:.

"We will survive" - as long as we don't capitulate.
European super league on 16:01 - Apr 20 with 1246 viewsNorthantsHoop

European super league on 15:17 - Apr 20 by wood_hoop

All pifel, wouldn't be a vote winner, Johnson will not/can not do anything, but you can be sure whatever they do will be 'fantastic'', will need an 'inquiry' but due to legal complications the reusult will not appear before 6th May.

Agree it is all pifel, yet more reviews of reviews. The only winners in this will be the breakaway clubs, as it will probably be fudged, UEFA and the clubs governing bodies will compromise and more money in the big boy coffers, which as we all know that is what it is about, because it aint about football.
European super league on 16:04 - Apr 20 with 1211 viewsPinnerPaul

PL have come out strongly against, a bit slow, but we got there in the end!

"The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those shareholders (clubs) involved to account under its rules," the league said in a statement.

"The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately."
European super league on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 1202 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm very wary of the notion that the teams should be booted out.

We have no idea what that does to Rangers, to the 71 other League clubs, to wages, to transfer fees, to TV money, to sponsorship or to crowds.

It would be akin to lunacy if the authorities in a fit of pique expelled six huge clubs without knowing the repercussions. It may feel good in the short term, but the authorities have to be right, and they have to win.

Time to tread slowly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

European super league on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 1194 viewsPinnerPaul

European super league on 15:17 - Apr 20 by wood_hoop

Can't really win can he, so silence and no action would have been met with universal acclaim and praise then?

Some things transcend political point scoring don't you think?
European super league on 16:06 - Apr 20 with 1190 viewsPlanetHonneywood

L.9.3 - The FA Cup

Exactly.

At this stage they gave only mooted the idea. Their competition is not created thus, they have not entered it and thus cannot play in it yet and so you cannot kick them out of this season’s competitions.

But next season would be different.

As you’ve got the rule book, what does it say about entering competitions? Is it be invite or are they contractually entered?

If it’s the former you can decline to invite/accept their application and the latter, you could kick them out if they formerly enter an unsanctioned competition.

The key thing here: they are hocked to the banks - the real drivers behind this - so now is the time to turn the screws.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024