Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread 14:35 - Dec 11 with 26534 viewsHullDale

[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 14:35]
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:56 - Dec 11 with 2559 viewsHullDale

Down to 18th as it stands - 8 points clear of the drop zone and 9 outside of the play offs.

Its frustrating as we clearly have talent in the squad... just need to hope we see a reaction against Newport on Saturday - they'll be fired up as a win could see them in the top 3 at Xmas.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:57 - Dec 11 with 2547 viewsswiggy

Well well, fancy us letting in late goals, must be first time for ages, never mind I’m sure we’ll sort it out soon.
Sorry repeat post from 2010 😂
Oh and that left back problem will be sorted soon too.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 2519 viewsdingdangblue

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:55 - Dec 11 by SuddenLad

The ball was played to the wrong side of EOC and he was never going to be first to the ball.Poor from Lynch and entirely avoidable..

Coleman has to start on Saturday but I'm not even that confident in him either. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new keeper in Jan.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:00 - Dec 11 with 2465 viewsNafelad

Have we any coaches in the club who know about defensive play?

Topcat

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 2449 viewsCanadaDale

Nothing can describe that game more than just dreadful!!
Just all over the place at the back and a keeper who should not be playing professionally.
Lynch is one of the worse keepers I’ve ever seen to pull on a Dale shirt.
Just not good enough.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 2445 viewsNigeriamark

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:55 - Dec 11 by Daley_Lama

3rd and 4th goals were absolutely awful

3rd Odoh was fast asleep
4th Lynch pass was atrocious

Finished 4-2. Over the 90 minutes probably the right result. the better side in the second half but then 2 howlers undid all the hard work done in getting level. However you can't play like we did in the first half and expect to get away with it. RS will be pulling his hair out about the last 10 minutes after we looked most likely to score

Bad day at the office & we really need a win next week after nil points from 2 away performances against ordinary opposition
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 2439 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 16:48 - Dec 11 by Nigeriamark

Well that was the kiss of death. Odoh doesn't track their player who runs into the box & shoots from not the best angle. Lynch gets a hand on it but it squirms over the line. Think he will be disappointed not to save that. Against the run of play, but then again so was our first
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:49]

Don’t worry ‘My LWB [love heart eyes]’ was doing the rounds by the players last week. Summary being, these lot can’t string 3 consecutive performances together. That’s why they play for us.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 11 with 2424 viewsDaleFan7

2 wins in 14 games. Getting dragged into the mire.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 11 with 2350 viewskel

Apparently there’s a bit of ‘Stockdale out’ stuff knocking around on Twitter. As I tend not to follow absolute halwits though I can neither confirm nor deny.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:23]
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 11 with 2349 viewsdiver

Accrington beat Bolton today comfortable position in div 1 smaller club than us.Why are they doing so well? Discuss
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2267 viewsrichfoad32

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 11 by diver

Accrington beat Bolton today comfortable position in div 1 smaller club than us.Why are they doing so well? Discuss

The same reason there are bigger clubs than us plying their trade in the National League? It's how football works.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 11 with 2217 views442Dale

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 11 by kel

Apparently there’s a bit of ‘Stockdale out’ stuff knocking around on Twitter. As I tend not to follow absolute halwits though I can neither confirm nor deny.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:23]

Don’t think anyone is happy with the current run of results, but it’s worth saying one more time: what do people want?

At 2-2 it was a great comeback and we could then have got a winner. So would people still have felt the same? If not, it’s based on conceding two crap goals which the manager can do little about until January. Everyone acknowledges we need to get some out and some in, not least the manager.

Football has gone completely wrong in the last few years.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 11 with 2156 viewsSandyDrum

To be fair I attended that match and it was dreadful, 2 very poor teams playing piss poor football so hard to compare.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 11 with 2156 viewsswiggy

Conceding two crap goals late on, that’s a novelty we normally only concede one crap goal.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 11 with 2149 viewsNigeriamark

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

Don’t think anyone is happy with the current run of results, but it’s worth saying one more time: what do people want?

At 2-2 it was a great comeback and we could then have got a winner. So would people still have felt the same? If not, it’s based on conceding two crap goals which the manager can do little about until January. Everyone acknowledges we need to get some out and some in, not least the manager.

Today summed up being a Dale fan

60 minutes of garbage & quite rightly being criticised
25 minutes as good as we have played, 2 goals & Andrews should have made it 3
Just as we are all excited again and looking for the win, 5 minutes where we press self destruct button & life kick us in the nuts

We'll still be back next week for more
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 11 with 2133 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

Nowt wrong with football; the difference is social media

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 11 with 2112 views1907

Have to say that one of the big issues for me is Lynch in the net. Coleman is far better, not perfect mind, but Lynch shouldn’t be starting games for us.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 11 with 2104 viewsjonahwhereru

Well that was a very tough week at the office. To get nothing from the effort put in is galling for everybody invested in the club.
At least it’s behind us now. And things are less hectic ahead of the Xmas program. They will hardly, if at all, have been on the training pitch since Sunday.
Really pleased for Beesley that he has responded to the no end product jibe. Good management to keep him on penalty duties. He could have allowed his confidence to be affected, but he has put it behind him. As they say the time to worry is if you are not getting chances, rather than not converting them.
Work to be done, yes of course. Crisis, no. We are competitive in this division.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 11 with 2106 viewsCleedale

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 11 by D_Alien

...and may I add the crazy money flying around - even in non-league.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Dec 11 with 2032 viewskel

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 11 by D_Alien

Someone on Facebook wants the fans to start a petition to get the manager out

I think you might just be right. Thank Christ those illiterate bellends steer clear of this place.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 11 with 2007 viewsD_Alien

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 11 by Cleedale

...and may I add the crazy money flying around - even in non-league.

Well, yes.. but i was thinking specifically about the knee-jerk criticism of managers that instant media allows, as per 442's post

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 11 with 1968 viewsbeat_the_bishop

A the beginning of the season I said to my old man I was looking forward to season where we could just play some football, under very little pressure and enjoy the ride of a mid table season while we stabilise off the field and nurture some of youth on it.

A positive start, some tidy football played and some entertaining games. Some went our way others didn’t. Pretty much as expected and felt like being back in the Rochdale decision after so many years ‘punching above our weight’ was the relief we struggled to accept but probably needed.

Now, ultimately I feel like I did at this stage for the last two seasons under BBM. Constantly frustrated, watching us causes me stress due to the fact that half the things we do in matches really doesn’t seem to make much sense or is completely avoidable and most importantly and the most worrying is I am turning up expecting as much. I don’t embark on watching a game thinking we could win, I am watching through habit and clinging on the fact a clean sheet would be an enjoyable afternoon/evening.

Our fan base is thread bare, and those 500 - 800 that sit on the fence and take our gates from 2,200 to nearer 3,000 I have never quite understood. I thought being a ‘true fan’ was all about giving it your commitment and what will be will be. But after years now of utter crap to put it bluntly, I feel myself sort of understand those ‘fencers’. If you have something more productive to be doing or something clashes with a Dale match and you would typically make an excuse or try and rearrange so you can do both… all of a sudden you put up less fight. Simply because I don’t feel that fight in return on the pitch. I can accept not being good enough or being beaten by a quality team but this league is god awful and so are we. We have no grit or fight. If you can’t match quality you can match work ethic and more often than not work ethic is enough in this league. But we have neither, we have team of wimps with no under belly and I really find that hard to watch.

Stockdales harshest lesson is how he hasn’t prioritised a battling midfielder. It’s a is a catastrophic failure. Liam Kelly for his technical ability will actually struggle in this league, the lower down the ranks he does the less effective he is/will get. I would take an Ethan Hamilton, Cavanagh, S Dawson over him every single day of the week. We have a threadbare squad and we have too many lightweight players who would be squad players anywhere other than Rochdale.

O’Keefe is another example. Gets lots of hype but again for me a Wiseman/Rafferty type player pops him all day long. I want my wing backs to be able to defend as part of the defensive unit as the priority as opposed to clipping his own ankles in the opponents box in the hunt for penalty.

People won’t agree but I’m at a point where I just want to see defenders defend, central midfielders win personal battles, wingers focus on hugging the touch line, being an outlet and swinging a ball in at every chance. And two strikers who can read one and other and be in that box and every single opportunity.

Currently we have defenders who not doing the basics. Wing backs who offer little going forwards and even less defensively, a midfield who all seem to be jockeying for the same ‘I just spray the ball but don’t tackle role’ and strikers who actually rarely strike and come to deep due to lack of service. Regarding the goalkeeping situation, it’s been a problem for years. But at this level, I feel like most of them aren’t very good no matter what team. Sanchez coming for a corner no matter where it was flighted was more important than a goal at times. That was a skill you don’t see very often anymore, hence he’s now number one for Brighton.

I’m not Stockdale out because I know it’s more deep routed than that. But I am worried. I feel like January is still an age away but even when it comes will much change? Have we got any money to makes changes? I still want that mid table finish but on recent showings, I feel very miserable supporting Rochdale. I need more from them, I’m not feeling the love.
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 11 with 1960 viewsdavidab2202

A positive from that result is that Robbie S is unlikely to stumble going down the tunnel and suffer damage to his teeth
Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 11 with 1839 viewsTVOS1907

Haven't we just had seven seasons in League One?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:55 - Dec 11 with 1811 viewsDaleiLama

Bristol Rovers (a) Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 11 by TVOS1907

Haven't we just had seven seasons in League One?

And didn't we give Plymouth a really good test and nearly came out on top too? Sometimes the big picture goes completely out of focus

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024