Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow (h) Match Thread 10:56 - Oct 12 with 16205 viewsHullDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Oct 15 with 4234 viewskel

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

There's many a miserable sod posts on here. They know who they are, and i couldn't care less if that offends anyone. I'm just glad i don't live like that

Could start an argument on an empty thread youโ€ฆ
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:38 - Oct 15 with 4170 viewsD_Alien

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:31 - Oct 15 by kel

Could start an argument on an empty thread youโ€ฆ

Or a busy one, they all come the same to me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 19:30 - Oct 15 with 3882 viewsrich_dale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:38 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

Or a busy one, they all come the same to me

We looked like the men v the boys today which we generally haven't in the last couple of seasons. More likely to score than the opposition and more resilient at the back. Barrow looked like the us of old, pretty passing, playing out from the back (including the oddity of a defender passing goal kicks to the keeper), and ultimately powder puff in the final third. We looked great on the counter - the creation of Kelly and Rodney's (missed:) chances in particular. Could and should have won more comfortably, and based on that we can start expecting to win at home. We've got a plan now for how to win games and look like a proper team. Full credit to the management and all the players.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 19:52 - Oct 15 with 3760 viewsSandyman

Jim B is really making a difference. Week by week we are looking better and better. Players who were being deservedly criticised are now being deservedly praised. They look like a team now and the vast improvement in defence is, again, great to see.
Long way to go but EBJ is looking like the right choice as manager.
Great to see Ratcliffes / Dale Bar doing so well before (and AFTER ) games, bringing increased revenue in unlike the CBA attitude of the previous deposed director allegedly responsible for the bars despite questions from the auditors.
It's all coming together. Just needs the EFL and it's tardy so-called independent disciplinary body to grow some balls and make some decisions. Well done the directors.
#UTDNFS
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:09 - Oct 15 with 3664 viewsEllDale

Quite euphoric at the end.
Thatโ€™s the first time in a while that weโ€™ve won at home on a Saturday as well!
I suppose that it was written in the stars that Quigley and Canavan would score against their former employers but the former definitely deserved his goal. He was a nuisance to Barrow all afternoon.
And donโ€™t forget how well theyโ€™ve been playing until the last couple of weeks so itโ€™s a decent scalp.
Six minutes added time seemed excessive but then I remembered that the entire team celebrated for quite a time after Quigleyโ€™s goal. That togetherness was awesome to see.
Loads of effort and plenty of football as well so nothing to complain about. EBJ has really galvanised this squad as well and his passion obviously rubs off.
I was going to say that if weโ€™d got beaten today that this thread would have been about six pages long but Iโ€™ve been beaten to it!
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 20:37 - Oct 15 with 3481 views49thseason

That was the first time in ages that it didnt bother me when we gave away corners and free kicks. Well done EBJ for turning a poor-looking set of defenders into a solid unit. Midfield and forwards could still move the ball forwards faster and there are still individuals who could add a bit more precision to their passing but the progress is there for all to see. Todays victory was hard earned in a typical L2 fashion, grit, determination and effort with some inspired moments that won the game, Kelly's strike and Serikis cross for Quigley looking like the products of concentrated continous practice.
We have a way to go yet but today felt like a corner turned and a monkey off our back, lots of hard work still to come and maybe a spot of shape-shifting in January but tonight there was a grin on my face on the way home . Winning is much, much better than losing. Well played lads!!
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:01 - Oct 15 with 3134 viewsDalenet

As others have said, for a side that were deservedly rock bottom 6 weeks ago, the change today was very welcome. This team isn't going to football sides to death or win 4 nil, but all we want is application, effort, attempts to win the ball and try and get forward. Today they gave us everything they had and we can't ask for anything more.

Onto the meat feast on Tuesday now
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 15 with 3129 viewsDaleFan7

Much improved performance at home today. We should really have had more and we need to start converting more of our chances than we still do.

What can't be denied is the difference Bentley has made to the players attitudes. It's night and day to what it was a month ago and we can actually grind out results now.

We've won 4 of our last 5 games in all competitions. Let's hope we can keep some momentum going.
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:52 - Oct 15 with 2937 viewsClivert

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 15 by DaleFan7

Much improved performance at home today. We should really have had more and we need to start converting more of our chances than we still do.

What can't be denied is the difference Bentley has made to the players attitudes. It's night and day to what it was a month ago and we can actually grind out results now.

We've won 4 of our last 5 games in all competitions. Let's hope we can keep some momentum going.

Giving ourselves the cushion of the second goal was a big thing in today's game as Barrow came at us a bit more in the early stages of the second half.

I like what Bentley has done with instilling grit and fight into the team and whilst I was underwhelmed with his appointment at the time he is proving to be appointment that was exactly needed.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 23:15 - Oct 15 with 2846 viewsHullDale

'...the first team this season that have been better than us...'

'...the better team, physically & mentally...'

how good is that to see compared to the comments from opposition fans at the start of the season, declaring us as the worst team they have seen for years?!
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 23:15 - Oct 15 with 2846 viewsR17ALE

Well done lads. you were a credit to the town today. Our town.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 07:14 - Oct 16 with 2465 viewsTomRAFC

Bentley has us up for a fight but he also has us very well organised.

Diagouraga and Ball are in their proper roles and showing exactly why they deserve to be at the club.

Quigley was a massive handful today. Won his battles and should be a priority target for January.

The way O'Donnell celebrated the first goal with the Sandy was bloody brilliant. Everything he does, from marshalling the defence to his involvement with her game too, is such a positive influence.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 7:16]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 11:21 - Oct 16 with 2009 viewsHullDale

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=4

Currently 11th in the form table - next we have rock bottom on form AFC Wimbledon.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 11:56 - Oct 16 with 1906 viewsdawlishdale

Loving how Bentley has galvanised us from a team of strangers into a half decent side with a great teamwork ethic. Exactly what will be needed for the rest of this season.

It wasn't pretty at times yesterday, but the lads all did a job and rolled their sleeves up for the task. I think it's fair to say that we wouldn't have won that game under Stockdale..or BBM so full credit to everyone for the improvements we've seen.

Up the Dale.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 12:10 - Oct 16 with 1830 viewselectricblue

Throughly an entaining game provided by both teams.
Barrow just lacked that bit extra upfront to cause an real danger to dale..

Dale could and should have scored 4 or 5 on another day they might and a team will get a pasting.
Some good improved performances all around, Kelly improving with each game, Ball showed why RS brought him to the club.
Sinclair should have been brought on 10mins sooner for Rodders....
Both interviews by Wilder and Bentley where spot on..

Bring on AFC Wimbledon......
On wards and up wards

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 12:18 - Oct 16 with 1794 viewsfrenzied

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 07:14 - Oct 16 by TomRAFC

Diagouraga and Ball are in their proper roles and showing exactly why they deserve to be at the club.

Quigley was a massive handful today. Won his battles and should be a priority target for January.

The way O'Donnell celebrated the first goal with the Sandy was bloody brilliant. Everything he does, from marshalling the defence to his involvement with her game too, is such a positive influence.

Talking of popular keepers ..

Good to see Conrad plying his trade at Anstay Nomads yesterday
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 12:19 - Oct 16 with 1790 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 07:14 - Oct 16 by TomRAFC

Ball is suspended next Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:34 - Oct 16 with 1731 viewsjonahwhereru

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 13:24 - Oct 16 with 1582 viewsHullDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 12:19 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

Ball is suspended next Saturday.

Big lesson for Ball there - he got booked yesterday for telling the lino that their goal was his fault.

He had a point, but it was a silly and unnecessary booking that impacts us next week.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 13:29 - Oct 16 with 1565 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 13:24 - Oct 16 by HullDale

Big lesson for Ball there - he got booked yesterday for telling the lino that their goal was his fault.

He had a point, but it was a silly and unnecessary booking that impacts us next week.

I agree, but there was enough time between the erroneous throw-in decision, the subsequent corner (almost a minute later) and Canavan's header for us to have dealt with the situation better.

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 13:57 - Oct 16 with 1467 viewsD_Alien

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 13:24 - Oct 16 by HullDale

It also gives Malley (who'd seem to be the natural replacement) a chance to show what he can do

Will be interesting to see who lines up in the Pizza Cup on Tuesday with that in mind. There's several players on the fringes who need game time

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:04 - Oct 16 with 1433 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 13:57 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

It also gives Malley (who'd seem to be the natural replacement) a chance to show what he can do

Will be interesting to see who lines up in the Pizza Cup on Tuesday with that in mind. There's several players on the fringes who need game time

That reminds me, Sam Graham is suspended for that game.

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:20 - Oct 16 with 1389 viewsD_Alien

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:04 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

That reminds me, Sam Graham is suspended for that game.

Won't do him any harm to have a rest till next weekend, looked like he picked up a knock yesterday, but soldiered on

Wonder if Max Taylor will get a look in?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:26 - Oct 16 with 1363 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:20 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

Won't do him any harm to have a rest till next weekend, looked like he picked up a knock yesterday, but soldiered on

Wonder if Max Taylor will get a look in?

As long as it's not this one:

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 16 with 1334 viewsD_Alien

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:26 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

As long as it's not this one:

Heaven forbid!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024