Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 128509 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:15 - Nov 21 with 2214 viewsCamberleyR

How can VAR look at that and not look at Maguire being blatantly rugby tackled to the ground in the box in the first few minutes?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:16 - Nov 21 with 2210 viewsStanisgod

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:15 - Nov 21 by Juzzie

No problem with the penalty but my frustration is that if that’s a pen then so was Maguire’s.
Easy pen to give as well when it has zero impact on the result.

correct. And how some of those tackles/fouls weren't bookings ive no idea.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:18 - Nov 21 with 2187 viewsericgen34

Good game from your lot. Iran probably not very good, but all the goals were really well taken
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:26 - Nov 21 with 2138 viewsManinBlack

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:15 - Nov 21 by CamberleyR

How can VAR look at that and not look at Maguire being blatantly rugby tackled to the ground in the box in the first few minutes?

One of the drawbacks of the system if you pick and choose incidents to look at or ignore. It felt like the McGuire incident ignored as they wanted Iran to be in the game as long as possible and they looked at the last minute incident as a sympathy vote to give them a consolation. That is how it looked to me anyway.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:26 - Nov 21 with 2137 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 14:39 - Nov 21 by charmr

No rose-colored specs for me, play like this, especially playing out the back, against a decent team and we will struggle.

You can’t give the ball away so cheaply when you play the possession with purpose obsessed big boys. Shouldn’t be seeing hospital balls played at this level.

There was a big thing about a that Brentford player not getting in the squad. Loads of shouting about making his point against Man City. He missed some real sitters in that game as well. You have to take your chances in top level games, look at Rush and Kane. Top players are top players because they don’t make mistakes and take the one chance given to them. Defenses defend better as well.

Has anyone else noticed Kane has taken the ball off of a fellow team mates toes a few times. Like in kids football. Best player takes the ball from you. A bit weird.

Seems the England hair stylist has been busy
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 14:43]

Leave off, we've just won 6-2 at a world cup, just enjoy it
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:30 - Nov 21 with 2107 viewsdaveB

He gets a lot of stick on here (rightly so most of the time) but thought Mount was outstanding today.

Bellingham is on a different level, unbelivable player

Var being a load of old nonsence again as usual, get rid of it
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:31 - Nov 21 with 2100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:35 - Nov 21 with 2071 viewsLogman

That is a very strong team. Even without Mane they have got a very strong team. Should be aiming for the final stages with that team.
Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:36 - Nov 21 with 2067 viewsQPRSteve

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:31 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I'll be cheering the Dutch on then
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 15:37]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:51 - Nov 21 with 1989 viewsWatford_Ranger

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:31 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

5/1 is too big a price for Senegal surely
FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:57 - Nov 21 with 1945 viewsCamberleyR

FIFA World Cup thread. on 14:39 - Nov 21 by charmr

No rose-colored specs for me, play like this, especially playing out the back, against a decent team and we will struggle.

You can’t give the ball away so cheaply when you play the possession with purpose obsessed big boys. Shouldn’t be seeing hospital balls played at this level.

There was a big thing about a that Brentford player not getting in the squad. Loads of shouting about making his point against Man City. He missed some real sitters in that game as well. You have to take your chances in top level games, look at Rush and Kane. Top players are top players because they don’t make mistakes and take the one chance given to them. Defenses defend better as well.

Has anyone else noticed Kane has taken the ball off of a fellow team mates toes a few times. Like in kids football. Best player takes the ball from you. A bit weird.

Seems the England hair stylist has been busy
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 14:43]

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:00 - Nov 21 with 1922 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:26 - Nov 21 by ManinBlack

One of the drawbacks of the system if you pick and choose incidents to look at or ignore. It felt like the McGuire incident ignored as they wanted Iran to be in the game as long as possible and they looked at the last minute incident as a sympathy vote to give them a consolation. That is how it looked to me anyway.

I agree but shocking if true. Should be black and white whatever the game situation at that point.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:21 - Nov 21 with 1839 viewsToast_R

What was he doing there? As AC/DC might say, a touch too much.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 16:22]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:27 - Nov 21 with 1805 viewsSharpy36

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:51 - Nov 21 by Watford_Ranger

5/1 is too big a price for Senegal surely

All seem to be built like brick sh1thouses

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:48 - Nov 21 with 1727 viewsMrSheen

Bellingham, the best English player since…Owen? Gascoigne? Hoddle? Francis (T or G)?
Hope he achieves more in the game than the above.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:03 - Nov 21 with 1647 viewsMrSheen

I thought yesterday Ecuador might regret going easy on Qatar. Particularly now if Senegal and the Dutch settle for a draw.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 1624 viewsaston_hoop

What has happened to Dutch football? Used to look forward to them in tournaments but these guys are a shadow of past teams

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:09 - Nov 21 with 1615 viewsNorthernr

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:07 - Nov 21 by aston_hoop

What has happened to Dutch football? Used to look forward to them in tournaments but these guys are a shadow of past teams

Pretty poor strikers seems to be the big issue with this team to me - not exactly an earth shattering observation I know but they're seriously mediocre.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:14 - Nov 21 with 1577 viewssparkey

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:09 - Nov 21 by Northernr

Pretty poor strikers seems to be the big issue with this team to me - not exactly an earth shattering observation I know but they're seriously mediocre.

Many have backed Gakpo to help Depay solve this problem. This WC might have come too early for him though.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:43 - Nov 21 with 1482 viewsdaveB

this game has been dreadful, thank god for Ally McCoist
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:46 - Nov 21 with 1467 viewsToast_R

Gakpo got up well there, a really brave header.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:50 - Nov 21 with 1451 viewsdistortR

FIFA World Cup thread. on 13:23 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Very unusual start. Will have been a challenge for both teams to stay warmed up and clear of soft tissue injuries.

you calling us vvankers?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:53 - Nov 21 with 1437 viewsNorthernr

Yeh that was an attritional watch for what I thought was going to be a really open entertaining game.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:59 - Nov 21 with 1393 viewsflynnbo

Poor goalkeeping from Mendy.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:00 - Nov 21 with 2419 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Seny to start the next game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024