Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport County (H) Match Thread 16:49 - Feb 20 with 24918 viewsHullDale

I normally share these without comment, but that really isn't a good interview.

Lots of problems, sounds like cliques in the dressing room, and Bentley seems like a broken man.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 01:45 - Feb 22 with 3358 viewsSandyman

Every goalkeeper drops a clanger once in a while. That's how the game goes. By virtue of the position he plays, the goalkeeper's clanger gets magnified.

Every goalkeeper drops a clanger once in a while. When your on loan goalkeeper drops a clanger in almost EVERY GAME he plays, you have to question what good is he doing for the club, and his career.

Matt Dickens has been slated for years for his abysmal loan period. Magnus Norman wasn't that much better. Where "stats" are the be all and end all in the modern day managers assessment of a game, we probably have our worst and most clanger prone (and prolonged loan) goalkeeper ever in Jake Eastwood.

If TVOS proves me wrong, I'll accept his decision. The justification EBJ gave at the fans forum for loaning and playing Eastwood wasn't convincing. The evidence proves him wrong. Eastwood costs us points far too often. I wish the lad well but we're dealing in facts here and the EFL status of RAFC. Address the problem FFS.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 01:55 - Feb 22 with 3352 viewsShun

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:51 - Feb 21 by NorthernDale

I thought overall we played well, but five minutes of stupidity cost us, Keohane has been poor for a while, but he did not have to bring the man down, and some of his ball control was so bad, it was beyond poor. Odoh never took a man on and every time he got the ball, he passed it a yard sideways or back, he did not even try to beat a man. Please tell me why is Eastwood so slow to react, it is not the first time he has been caught at the near post.

I was surprised by the team selection like most fans, Kelly getting injured in the warm up did not help, but we improved when he brought Hendo and Campbell on, Hendo dropped deeper then normal, and used his footballing brain to get the team forward. Again why did Bentley wait to we were 2 down before he made the changes, why not create a reaction at 1-0, instead of waiting. I will praise the performance of Lloyd, who was unlucky not to score and Mullarkey, who tried to get forward and even had shots.

I would have given Mullarkey man of the match, at least he will probably make us some money in the summer.

I’m not sure how Dodgson got MOM. I thought he was poor tonight, as he has been for a while. If we must persist with 5 at the back then I’d replace Dodgson with Odoh next game (who, despite posts to the contrary, is a far better wingback than winger), and have Seriki at RWB. I think the latter has some real attacking talent and he impressed in his last appearance.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 06:55 - Feb 22 with 3126 viewsrichfoad32

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 01:55 - Feb 22 by Shun

I’m not sure how Dodgson got MOM. I thought he was poor tonight, as he has been for a while. If we must persist with 5 at the back then I’d replace Dodgson with Odoh next game (who, despite posts to the contrary, is a far better wingback than winger), and have Seriki at RWB. I think the latter has some real attacking talent and he impressed in his last appearance.

What has happened to Aidy White? I thought he played an integral part in our modest 3 game unbeaten run (which seems an age ago) and helped to solidify the defence. If he's injured again he must go down as yet another disastrous signing, if he hasn't already.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 07:36 - Feb 22 with 3026 viewsJimmyRustler

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 06:55 - Feb 22 by richfoad32

What has happened to Aidy White? I thought he played an integral part in our modest 3 game unbeaten run (which seems an age ago) and helped to solidify the defence. If he's injured again he must go down as yet another disastrous signing, if he hasn't already.

He is a left footed Ryan McLaughin. It’s that simple
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 13:34 - Feb 22 with 2571 viewselectricblue

Looking at who is available for saturday throw caution to wind and make some changes..

How about using the 3-5-2 formation.
Putting Mularkey in the centre using his height and running ability instead of playing bambi on ice(toums).
Eastwood
Graham...........Bennett........... Taylor.........

Odoh.. Dodgson...
Brierley.......Mularkey........Lloyd......

Rodney..................Henderson

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 14:54 - Feb 22 with 2410 viewsNorthernDale

I am thinking about Saturday's game, I wonder if Brierley was on the bench due to Kelly injury and if he is fully committed to the Dale or is he waiting for the decision on his Blackburn move. I presume Ball is injured, if Brierley is not going to play for obvious reasons, then I would drop Henderson into midfield and play either Campbell or Rodney up front, with Quigley.

Bennett...........EEL........... Taylor.........
Seriki ....... Dodgson...
Quigley..................Henderson
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:53 - Feb 22 with 2033 views49thseason

My guess is that the Blackburn deal for Brierley is signed and terms agreed, we have had a down payment From Blackburn to secure the deal and it will be finalised in the summer and the balance will change hands once he is registered to them. Meanwhile he continues to train with us and the move will be completed at the earliest opportunity at he end of the season. I think his presence last night was because he was the closest to the ground to make up the numbers with no real expectation of getting on the pitch. At least it adds another
1st team game to his CV.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:25 - Feb 22 with 1954 viewstony_roch975

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 13:34 - Feb 22 by electricblue

Looking at who is available for saturday throw caution to wind and make some changes..

How about using the 3-5-2 formation.
Putting Mularkey in the centre using his height and running ability instead of playing bambi on ice(toums).
Eastwood
Graham...........Bennett........... Taylor.........

Odoh.. Dodgson...

Rodney..................Henderson

Think this is on the right lines so, in the interests of armchair management and being put up to be shot at (as is this Board's predilection), here's my line-up:-
(attempts to address the midfield problem by putting our 2 strongest tacklers and forward runners in there as ball winners with a creative m/f in the No10 role; HT subs cos none of the squad can deliver 90 mins (physically or psychologically) - & current availability)

.............................................................O'Donnell

...................JK/John/EBL ........................Bennett....................Taylor

............Seriki...................Mullarkey..........................Odoh..............Graham

..............................................Lloyd/(HT sub) Kelly/ ( fight over it lads)

...............................Rodney/(HT sub)Campbell/Ball........Mellor/(HT sub).Hendo

I await the approbation
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 21:33]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:30 - Feb 22 with 1939 views442Dale

What’s best about this is that anyone involved in Sunday football can see the rationale behind choices made then becoming our only option to try and win a game in League 2.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:37 - Feb 22 with 1915 viewsD_Alien

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:53 - Feb 22 by 49thseason

My guess is that the Blackburn deal for Brierley is signed and terms agreed, we have had a down payment From Blackburn to secure the deal and it will be finalised in the summer and the balance will change hands once he is registered to them. Meanwhile he continues to train with us and the move will be completed at the earliest opportunity at he end of the season. I think his presence last night was because he was the closest to the ground to make up the numbers with no real expectation of getting on the pitch. At least it adds another
1st team game to his CV.

it does beg the question then: why was he running up and down the touchline, first half especially?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:21 - Feb 22 with 1805 viewsBrierls

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 01:45 - Feb 22 by Sandyman

Every goalkeeper drops a clanger once in a while. That's how the game goes. By virtue of the position he plays, the goalkeeper's clanger gets magnified.

Every goalkeeper drops a clanger once in a while. When your on loan goalkeeper drops a clanger in almost EVERY GAME he plays, you have to question what good is he doing for the club, and his career.

Matt Dickens has been slated for years for his abysmal loan period. Magnus Norman wasn't that much better. Where "stats" are the be all and end all in the modern day managers assessment of a game, we probably have our worst and most clanger prone (and prolonged loan) goalkeeper ever in Jake Eastwood.

If TVOS proves me wrong, I'll accept his decision. The justification EBJ gave at the fans forum for loaning and playing Eastwood wasn't convincing. The evidence proves him wrong. Eastwood costs us points far too often. I wish the lad well but we're dealing in facts here and the EFL status of RAFC. Address the problem FFS.

After the second goal on Saturday, I turned and said I think Eastwood has just surpassed Dickens. What an accolade.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:05 - Feb 22 with 1700 views49thseason

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:37 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

it does beg the question then: why was he running up and down the touchline, first half especially?

To keep warm.. because his mates were doing it... because he was bored... maybe Bentley told him to, or maybe it was by way of a goodbye?

The situation he is in is probably unprecedented, but at least he has found a new home and we have a few quid, probably not as much as his potential suggests but beggers and choosers and all that.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:24 - Feb 23 with 1473 viewsAtThePeake

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:05 - Feb 22 by 49thseason

To keep warm.. because his mates were doing it... because he was bored... maybe Bentley told him to, or maybe it was by way of a goodbye?

The situation he is in is probably unprecedented, but at least he has found a new home and we have a few quid, probably not as much as his potential suggests but beggers and choosers and all that.

I mentioned on another thread that Brierley shook Chadwick's hand after the first time he warmed up down the touchline. It seemed a strange thing to do if he's been seeing him at training every day. I suspect he hasn't been training of late - at least not with us, anyway.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 13:02 - Feb 23 with 1291 views49thseason

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:24 - Feb 23 by AtThePeake

I mentioned on another thread that Brierley shook Chadwick's hand after the first time he warmed up down the touchline. It seemed a strange thing to do if he's been seeing him at training every day. I suspect he hasn't been training of late - at least not with us, anyway.

Maybe Chadwick hadn't seen him since the " transfer" and wanted to say " good luck and thanks for coming down to make up the numbers". Another player may have told them to FO when they phoned to ask if he could pop down but Brierley is a fan so he may have been coming down to watch anyway. Clearly he (Brierley) doesn't want to leave Rochdale with any ill feelings on either side. Its a strange situation to be in, I just hope the lad isnt affected by it.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 13:22 - Feb 23 with 1256 viewsEllDale

I always thought, under previous managers anyway, that squad members were expected to attend home matches?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024